Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Playing Dice

Playing Dice

a part of “Playing Dice”, a fictional universe by Chari.

The gods use humans as pawns to settle who will rule. Can you keep up? (Okay... Now the Avatar of War is open, people!)

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Playing Dice”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: [OOC] Playing Dice

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Soyaku Jinjashi on Thu May 26, 2011 9:21 pm

Thanks Chari

Is that a Kratos sprite as your avatar? Also, when exactly can I start posting? I just wanna make sure I'm not stepping on any toes right off the bat. I read the OOC posts about an event at 11 AM and am currently brushing up on all of the posts to make sure I know what's going on.

Thanks
~Soy

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Soyaku Jinjashi
Member for 13 years
Author Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Chari on Thu May 26, 2011 9:25 pm

Yeah, that is a Kratos sprite. Glad you recognized it :D

As for when you can start posting, you can post whenever you like. You might find it easier to post after I make a wake up post and make it the next day. We will just pretend you (and all the other replacement avatars) were the ones in the opening posts, so just pretend you were there and have been participating all along. If that is too difficult, then I am sure that we can come up with a suitable alternative.
Silverose
Laryn: He's not dead. Dogs may die, but cats have nine lives.
S-9:*chuckles* That guy's harder to rub out than the viruses in ancient computer programs.
Ash: Thanks a lot, guys. So what am I, an infectious cat?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Chari
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Soyaku Jinjashi on Thu May 26, 2011 9:32 pm

Darn right I recognized it. Tales of Symphonia (and the slightly disappointing but still awesome for fanservice sequel) are some of my favorite roleplaying games ever. <3

Anyway, that sounds good. I'l be sure to read up as much as possible and make an appropriate posting. That sort of solution seems the most feasible to me. That way the dedicated newbies are given the task of attaining knowledge of the events in game beforehand. It has the disadvantage of shoving a character in a situation, but any compromise would have a disadvantage or two.

Anyway, to the records (RP tab) room!

Edit:

Anyway, I posted. Considering the previous earth avatar made one pretty irrelevant post and left, I kind of took it upon myself to fill in what my character was doing at the time of the challenge in such a way that it wouldn't have infringed on the action. I figure Alex is smart enough to realize he couldn't win a footrace, so t'is better to make the best of the next challenge. Then followed it up with a post game action.

Soyaku Jinjashi
Member for 13 years
Author Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CherrySwirl on Fri May 27, 2011 7:21 pm

@ Sploadie: What do you mean by autohit? BTW I've been sick with the flu and have been feeling really drained lately. I'll try and come up with a excellent post today. x_x

Welcome to the RP new avatars~

CherrySwirl
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Chari on Sat May 28, 2011 5:02 pm

I find it ironic that the one avatar that I thought would be eaten up first is the one that there is still no one playing. Oh well, if I don't get a submission soon, I will just continue on without someone playing death. I will just make my own avatar of death and we will use that.

Chari
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CherrySwirl on Sat May 28, 2011 6:38 pm

Yeah, I thought people would jump at the opportunity to play death, but I'm just fine with your decision. ^_^

CherrySwirl
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Soyaku Jinjashi on Sat May 28, 2011 11:51 pm

I wouldn't mind whipping up an avatar of death if two characters are permitted. I've been pretty fascinated with the RP since beginning my..two post extravaganza, and it feels great to be back in the RP swing of things. Playing somebody evil? That'd just be icing on the cake. :D

Soyaku Jinjashi
Member for 13 years
Author Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Chari on Sat May 28, 2011 11:58 pm

Nah, I'll do death. It is nice to have a bad guy you can control when you are the GM. Lets you flex your plot muscles a little bit more, you know. Anyway, the contest will hopefully begin tomorrow, with or without death.

Chari
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Johnny_Tokyo on Sun May 29, 2011 10:33 pm

Hello, this is actually my first post on this site, but I just got done reading through the story up till now and I would be interested in making a Death avatar. I have a conept, but I just saw that you might do the character yourself so I wasn't sure if I should submit it or not. I will submit it for review anyway, I would enjoy working closely with the GM if this character was meant to be an antagonist. If I can't join I hope the thread works well! I will check in on it from time to time anyway as it seems interesting.

Johnny_Tokyo
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Chari on Sun May 29, 2011 10:38 pm

Well, as I haven't made the death avi yet, you are in luck! I am most open to any character you submit. It is up to you if you want death to be good or bad, since you will be playing him. I try not to force people into roles they are not comfortable with. With that being said, I would be very happy to work with you if you do indeed wind up making an antagonist. Tell me when you have posted the character and I will be happy to look at him/her/it (and believe it or not, I have seen people submit "it"s before).

Chari
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Johnny_Tokyo on Mon May 30, 2011 12:59 am

Posted.

For some reason it won't let me PM you. I think it might just be the computer I am on. I will try again when I get home. Let me know of any changes that need made. I have some ideas for powers, but I willl wait for PM with that. Also, as far as equipment goes I left it so that it could be as limited or as wide as you wanted for an antagonist to have and still mesh with the backstory (assuming that backstory is okay) Looking forward to this!

Johnny_Tokyo
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Johnny_Tokyo on Mon May 30, 2011 4:48 am

Ah okay...I just read the rule about having to post 10 times before you can PM. Sorry about the double post, but I thought every little bit counts. From here on in I will edit like a decent poster.

Johnny_Tokyo
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kameron on Mon May 30, 2011 2:10 pm

Some of you have sent me some questions regarding the PM's I sent out. I have answered them but the were good questions and the rest of you should know the answers.

You are searching blindly in the general area sent to you in the PM, it's basically you will know the object when you see it. The object is related to the next task, but do not go into describing it, beyond the fact that it is small.
Not all who wander are lost
JRR Tolkien

Kameron
Member for 14 years
Author Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Chari on Mon May 30, 2011 6:41 pm

Alright, we have a death now! Time to get this show on the road!

Chari
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Johnny_Tokyo on Mon May 30, 2011 10:01 pm

Sorry about the huge post. Just thought I would get caught up and explain my absence at the first challenge. Look forward to playing with you all.

Johnny_Tokyo
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Soyaku Jinjashi on Tue May 31, 2011 8:40 am

Hahaha, no worries man. You did great. Same thing I did- just extremely longer. Look forward to playing with you as well. :)

Soyaku Jinjashi
Member for 13 years
Author Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Snakeeyz99 on Tue May 31, 2011 11:04 am

Yeah, seeing how Ben's character sheet vanished I just decided to get rid of him :P. Anyways, I guess War is now open again...

Snakeeyz99
Member for 15 years
Promethean Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Johnny_Tokyo on Tue May 31, 2011 8:54 pm

Hey Kameron, since I just started would you mind resending the PM you sent the the other characters?

Johnny_Tokyo
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby sploadie on Fri Jun 03, 2011 6:35 am

Hey CherrySwirl, I need a post here! >.>

sploadie
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CherrySwirl on Sat Jun 04, 2011 3:27 pm

writing my post now. Computer crashed and was out for a few days.

CherrySwirl
Member for 13 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!