Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Playing Dice

Playing Dice

a part of “Playing Dice”, a fictional universe by Chari.

The gods use humans as pawns to settle who will rule. Can you keep up? (Okay... Now the Avatar of War is open, people!)

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Playing Dice”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: [OOC] Playing Dice

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Chari on Mon May 23, 2011 9:49 pm

Oh yeah, guys, when you wake up, make sure it is in the morning. Wait up too late in the afternoon, and you will have missed the contest. The contests is at like 11:00 so give yourself some time.
Silverose
Laryn: He's not dead. Dogs may die, but cats have nine lives.
S-9:*chuckles* That guy's harder to rub out than the viruses in ancient computer programs.
Ash: Thanks a lot, guys. So what am I, an infectious cat?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Chari
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CherrySwirl on Tue May 24, 2011 8:53 am

Okay....so.....the next contest will take place during day time? like 11:00am?
@Sploadie, I'm working on that right now. Sawrry

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

CherrySwirl
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Chari on Tue May 24, 2011 1:39 pm

Yeah, next day, 11am.

Chari
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby X64 on Tue May 24, 2011 7:19 pm

Hello, I would like the avatar for Death plz. That is, if the spot is still open.

I'm going to go ahead and put the sheet up, so if the spot's not open just ignore it.

X64
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Chari on Tue May 24, 2011 7:37 pm

Go ahead. That leaves earth and storms now.

Edit: I have officially opened up Storms and Earth now, so all those reading are welcome to replace the originals.

Chari
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Naimless on Wed May 25, 2011 2:54 pm

Thinking I might like to apply with a character to become an avatar of storms - but I was just wondering whether the '11 a.m. contest' thing is an RL consideration or an in-character one.

Naimless
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Chari on Wed May 25, 2011 3:16 pm

In character. And I must say, love the avy. Take it you are a C&C fan?

Chari
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Naimless on Wed May 25, 2011 3:31 pm

Naturally. Can't wait for them to make the ...fourth tiberian game...

Naimless
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Chari on Wed May 25, 2011 3:43 pm

Naimless wrote:Naturally. Can't wait for them to make the ...fourth tiberian game...

You mean Twilight? Or do you just not count that one? They all went down hill after Tiberian Sun, IMO.

Chari
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Naimless on Wed May 25, 2011 3:45 pm

Yeah. I don't count it.

I'll admit the continuity was messed up between TS and TW, but KW went a little way towards explaining that, not to mention the huge dose of Kane we got in that expansion. (Which could've made me forgive anything... ;])

Naimless
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Chari on Wed May 25, 2011 3:55 pm

The last great C&C game was RA2, I think. I can't even count the hours I played that one. Heck, I still do. I never got KW (consequences of being poor T_T) but I did hear something like that. EA really makes me mad the way they are exploiting C&Cs good name. RA3 was okay, so were the Tiberians, but the only game I really liked by EA was Generals, and that is really old at this point.

And I can dig the Kane part. I am more a GDI guy, but Kane was just so BA and generally awesome.

Chari
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Naimless on Wed May 25, 2011 5:00 pm

Oh definitely, RA2 was an incredible installment. Carville and Yuri were a pair of particularly awesome characters. Not to mention the plain awesomeness of the soviet giant squids.
*cough*

At any rate, submitted a storm avatar. Let me know if there's anything I could change to make him click better - painfully aware the concept I had for him is a bit... old compared to many of the existing ones, and i'll admit to having rather limited ideas about what the extent of his god-granted powers should be.

Naimless
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Chari on Wed May 25, 2011 5:31 pm

Alright, accepted. Maybe a little extra fleshing here or there would improve it, but honestly, it is not a big deal. So, that leaves Earth and Death.

Chari
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CherrySwirl on Wed May 25, 2011 5:50 pm

Woop woOp! Progress, I like it. <3

CherrySwirl
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Soyaku Jinjashi on Thu May 26, 2011 1:20 pm

Hey, just your friendly neighborhood Soy!

I wanted to apply for the Avatar of Earth position. Eager to really get my feet wet in the community on Gateway. Sort of a newb in the community, but I've been semi-actively RPing for the past 4 years. Hopefully I can really get to know all of you, if you'll allow it. My avatar of Earth profile is a work in progress, but I'm wondering if you still need villians like it says on the front page. I'm willing to develop a somewhat inherently manipulative and devious character, but only upon necessity/request. I don't want to get too far in the character profile befoore considering dark intent. Currently working on studying up on old posts and getting a feel for the atmosphere and fellow avatars. Really looking forward to working with you all~

Hope to hear back from you soon, CharI~

<3 ~ Soy

Soyaku Jinjashi
Member for 13 years
Author Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Chari on Thu May 26, 2011 2:13 pm

You don't have to play as a villain if you don't want to. I wouldn't mind it, but it isn't as pressing a need as it once was. There are one or two possible villains, so things should hopefully work out. To all those working on a character, I would appreciated it within the next, say, 9 or 10 hours. I am waiting as long as I can before I start the next event, but that isn't all that fair to those playing already, so I might have to start without you. Please note that I will still accept your charas if I have to start without you. It just means that the others have a head start.

Chari
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby kelsiikhaos on Thu May 26, 2011 2:49 pm

I'm reinterested.
Do you think we could throw in my idea of an Avatar of Beasts? (:
La Dispute
It must be true what people say,
that only time can heal the pain.
And every day I feel it fade away, but-

kelsiikhaos
Member for 14 years
Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Chari on Thu May 26, 2011 2:54 pm

Hmm... PM me about your ideas and so I can think about it.

Chari
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Soyaku Jinjashi on Thu May 26, 2011 5:24 pm

Submitted Alexander Montaigne - my avatar of Earth character :)

He's more of a potentially manipulated wild card than one who is inherently good or evil, which I'll enjoy playing. Can't wait to hopefully play in the next event! Kind of excited, since this is my first RP on this site.

~Soy

Soyaku Jinjashi
Member for 13 years
Author Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Chari on Thu May 26, 2011 6:35 pm

Looks good man. You are accepted. Now, the only position we officially have left is death, but I am waiting on a few things before we finalize everything.

Chari
Member for 15 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!