Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

The Greatest Show in the Universe

The Greatest Show in the Universe

a part of “The Greatest Show in the Universe”, a fictional universe by Irish Wolf.

The adventures of crew of Cooper's Grand Traveling Menagerie and Circus, as it journey's between planets

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “The Greatest Show in the Universe”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: [OOC] The Greatest Show in the Universe

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SkullsandSlippers on Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:02 pm

I think at this point Laine is just going to take her place in the crowd. So, I will wait and post once you have moved us along.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

SkullsandSlippers
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Contributor Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Irish Wolf on Tue Oct 25, 2011 2:34 pm

Alright, one sucker punch to Atticus and we're moving.

I'm gonna start the show with Laine again, to give Hawks and Karenza a little time to play. Have fun kiddies (or should it be kitties?).
Its easy to be brave behind a castle wall
Twelve highlanders and a bagpipe make a rebellion
A king's son is no nobler then the food he eats

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Irish Wolf
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SkullsandSlippers on Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:48 pm

Okay will post my act then. :)

SkullsandSlippers
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Contributor Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Selene Durlan on Wed Oct 26, 2011 2:11 pm

Ownage going on! Hehe! :D Now to see what Gaze says about that. It's going to get dark and freaky in that alleyway now....Ummm...Uhhh....I mean she gonna teach him a lesson, by talking at him, only....Yeah, that's what will happen. *Nervous grin that is borderline psychotic* Lmao!

Selene Durlan
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Northgaze on Wed Oct 26, 2011 3:47 pm

Hmm, we shall see Selene. Hawks has a few tricks up his sleeves yet. lol

@Irish: Sweet! Another performer who's the new RP'er? :)
Last edited by Northgaze on Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.

"Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree,
it will spend its whole life believing that it is stupid."

Northgaze
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Irish Wolf on Wed Oct 26, 2011 3:52 pm

EtteOhEtte, a good friend of mine.

Irish Wolf
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Northgaze on Wed Oct 26, 2011 3:54 pm

Lol! I figured that out.:)
Last edited by Northgaze on Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Northgaze
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby EtteOhEtte on Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:31 pm

Oh, hey there.

Popped in and saw the above comment, figured since it's pertaining to me I'd have a few things to say on the matter.

Wolf suggested a failing colony to me and cleared the history before I sent the profile out. Coming from RPs where we have a strict FOIG (find out in game) rule I only read appearance on the character profiles so that I didn't feel metagame-y. I didn't realize until after this comment was posted and I went back and read that the histories were kind of similar. Kind of an embarrassing faux pas on my part. All in all I'm really not attached to her backstory and can change toxic gas to radiation/poisoned water/evil mutant space bees. (Unless of course that happens to not be the issues you have with it) However if there's further discussion to be had I'd like to suggest that we maybe do this off the public OOC board. I don't like to bring matters that should otherwise be privately and quietly handled out and about so if you'd like to discuss things with me you can IM me at itsthecoquette on AIM seeing as the forums won't let me write up PMs yet.

Edit:
Oop! Seems that because of this post I can PM now. Like I said before, if there's something to be discussed you (or anyone else if the need should I arise) can contact me.

EtteOhEtte
Member for 13 years
Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Northgaze on Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:55 pm

Really? I came from a similar background, we would only make tiny little char sheets. Not the big long ones that we have now. Though I like to reveal stuff little by little about my character. I keep big surprises out of the char sheet. ;)

Thanks for explaining that, now that I know why your background was close to mine. :) Great minds must think alike. ;) Hehe! I was thinking a type of radiation might be the cause, since you always hear how those kinds of things glow. I was hesitant to contact you directly as I have been verbally assaulted previously when asking about a change to someones char sheet.....In addition my PM (that I sent to a certain person) had not been answered in addition, so I was forced to make a public statement. :)

I'm glad you joined us and welcome to the circus family! :D

Northgaze
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby EtteOhEtte on Wed Oct 26, 2011 6:06 pm

Oh man that sucks. I get the pleasure of being the hardass mod on two roleplay groups offsite so I'm well aware of how horrible some roleplayers can be about character edits/retcons/etc. Sorry that happened, some people just don't have word filters.

Anyway edits have been made to Effie's profile so now mining and toxic air are out and other perils of space colonizing are put in. And, thanks for the welcome! c:

EtteOhEtte
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SkullsandSlippers on Wed Oct 26, 2011 6:10 pm

Ah, see this is why you guys are fun to play with. Understanding and adaptable. Welcome EtteOhEtte!

SkullsandSlippers
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Northgaze on Wed Oct 26, 2011 6:53 pm

Awesome, awesome! Thanks again Ette! Are you okay with me calling you Ette? :) I personally like to be called Gaze, so I want to make sure you wouldn't prefer a nickname or something.

I'm quite excited to read the entrance of Effie. My character is tied up at the moment, but he would be delighted to meet her once he gets free. ;)

Oh, I am curious about Effie's light controlling ability. Does it also include fire? I'm just curious as I know you would never control my character's personal fire ability unless invited to do so.....I was simply wondering if there might be some chemistry between them if a "similar" ability was known. Or maybe even some jealousy.....Oh, the drama!

Northgaze
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby EtteOhEtte on Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:36 pm

Yeah, Ette is fine. *waves at Skulls* Hi! C: *Waves at all the other players, all of them!*

I didn't think of her power when applied to fire, but I guess that'd be pretty strange. Effie can make her own glow, but she can't do anything to it. However, she can manipulate outside sources. She can't move the sources though, so if light was coming from a bulb she could steal the light away, change it up, and then return it to it's source or get rid of it completely. Applied to fire the flame would still technically be burning, but I'm not sure if it would be visible or not. I guess so, in a way, like when it's really hot out and you can see heat waves in the distance. And Effie would be so baffled if someone was jealous of her, she has no clue how to handle situations like that at all.

EtteOhEtte
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SkullsandSlippers on Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:46 pm

Ette, do you want me to post Laine talking to her first before you post your act? Laine, noticing her nervousness would talk to her. Just trying to figure out if I should offer words of encouragement before you post or not. :)

SkullsandSlippers
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby EtteOhEtte on Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:59 pm

If you want, that'd be great! I need to condese/rewrite the first part of my post anyway as I'm not as happy with it as I could be.

EtteOhEtte
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SkullsandSlippers on Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:22 pm

Short but wanted to have Laine talk to her...hope that helps with setting her up to go out there.

SkullsandSlippers
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby EtteOhEtte on Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:34 pm

Aaaaaand, posted. It did help. But god, my post wound up kind of painfully wordy. Erk. (TL;DR : Effie panics and is melodramatic. Illusions happen. My spell check occasionally thinks her name should be Office.)

EtteOhEtte
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SkullsandSlippers on Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:39 pm

It was good :) I liked it. Perfect first performance. Glad it helped. :)

SkullsandSlippers
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Selene Durlan on Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:04 pm

Lol! I'm gone for half a day and I miss the intro of a new person. :0

Hello Ette! Glad to have another character. Welcome to GSU! I think Gaze's character is already crushing on Effie, without even having met her. :D Nice post btw. The length is amazing.

Depending on Gaze's next post, I might only post a paragraph. Since I don't have much left to muse on....Except maybe the meaning of life...Wait, no the answer to that question is 42....hmm what should I have her think about then. Hehe! I just wanted to give everyone a head's up that the short posts won't be permanent or anything.:)

Selene Durlan
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Irish Wolf on Thu Oct 27, 2011 2:09 am

Gee, it's like this game is on auto-pilot from the GM's point of view. I don't have to do a damn thing, other then approve the first incarnation of the character.

*leans back and relaxes*

Alright, next issue, who wants to go next? We've already had Effie and Laine post. With Sinclaring missing since the 7th, that leaves us with just Hawks and Karenza (who is now using Hawks as her own personal pimp or something) but their still finishing up their own scene. I can skip us forward a length of time and allow Selene and Gaze to do posts in two different time periods or does anyone want to introduce a second character?

Irish Wolf
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!