Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Spellwar: Creation and Destruction

Spellwar: Creation and Destruction

a part of “Spellwar: Creation and Destruction”, a fictional universe by Azure Limit.

For over a millennium, mages, split into two groups, have raged war in secret, alongside their human partners, the Spell-Links. Now, in modern times, the war continues for the right to hold the future of the world.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Spellwar: Creation and Destruction”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: [OOC] Spellwar: Creation and Destruction

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DragonWriter on Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:02 pm

Maybe, just maybe, Karen can be taken out of the games by a new black mage suddenly and this new black mage maybe forces a contract on her partner. That or we could keep Karen in the role play. We'd have to find someone first though if we were to do either, but you're definitely sounding right on needing to search for a new person.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

DragonWriter
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby sparkleshine on Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:06 am

Okay, I'm going to be gone for a bit as already mentioned. I suspect it requires us putting a definite timeline on when we give up on Azure coming back. He logged in Monday but didn't check PMs (or I'm guessing so since the PM I sent him is still in my Outbox). Maybe if he still hasn't after I come back those of us who are still active can post recruitment or maybe restart in a new thread?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

sparkleshine
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NinaKerndall on Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:51 am

Okay, thanks, sparkleshine! =u=
----------
You walk through the mahogany door. The little girl inside stares at you with her iridescent violet eyes, emphasized by her rich indigo dress. Her caretaker hovers by your side, obviously flustered at your sudden appearance. You ignore her, as the girl's eyes bores into outer facade, and searches your heart, mind and soul. She reaches out a hand, probably realising you are not a threat.
Do you take it?
Will you take it?
Can you take it?
She's waiting...

----------

NinaKerndall
Member for 13 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Bani on Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:45 am

If someone really creates a new thread, please link me too. I really want to continue this RP^^"
Also, I'm sorry for not posting today, but my net is spazzing and has already deleted my post three times, and I'm just dead sleepy to type it all up a fourth time right now otl.
All our tears and scars are beautiful - because they make us what we are today.

Monsters exist. They live inside ordinary people. And sometimes, they win.

Bani
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Grimpunker96 on Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:09 am

Hey, just so you know, I'm still here. It's just that I've been busy with other RPs, a novel that I'm writing, and a Minecraft Let's Play I'm making, and the dreaded phenomenon of writer's block.

I'll try my best to post tomorrow.

Grimpunker96
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DragonWriter on Sat Feb 25, 2012 8:14 am

I'm sorry for still not posting yet. I'm not sure how this role play is going to turn out yet. I'll see if I can post tonight.

DragonWriter
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DragonWriter on Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:53 am

I know I said I would post later tonight, but I don't think I can even today, so I'm going to take care of having Halbert Zador as a character I can control, at least for a little bit until I can abandon him and someone else could possibly claim him. I'm not sure if I'm overstretching it with three characters quite yet.

DragonWriter
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DragonWriter on Sun Mar 04, 2012 4:10 pm

I have finally posted! I hope you don't mind me taking over the dark duo as I did. I don't usually write close to 600 words, but I did this time around. I'm sorry for having taken so long.

DragonWriter
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby sparkleshine on Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:58 am

Wow, oops, I really thought I posted in this thread last night.

Okay. I'm happy to take on this concept and start it up as a new thread, (that's the only way we can really recruit new people) but I wanted to see what other people thought of this and to ask about some background ideas first. One of the problems we've been having so far is that the mages don't really have a true source of conflict. And no rp thrives without conflict. There aren't leaders of the mages, nor are there any real reasons to fight other than tradition.

I have a few ideas about that, but I wondered what you guys thought as well!

sparkleshine
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DragonWriter on Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:01 pm

Personally I thought Karen was going to be the source of the conflict. I kind of found it random though that she just decided to target a school and use her magic on it like a rail gun and rip the building apart. That kind of opening, unless explained immediately ends up killing a role play as this has demonstrated. A role play like this could go in that one forum topic where people have battles between characters one on one and nobody would be able to tell the difference I feel at times. At least that's how this one's developed.

DragonWriter
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Bani on Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:48 am

Umm, I actually liked the idea of the different Mages and Spell Links having personal motives and allying from time to time, but as you stated, its difficult to keep up an RP unless there's a direct cause of conflict. Maybe if we defined a motive behind why the characters are taking the side they are (because lets face it, while things like eternal conflict sound rather flashy and good, a personal motive is much more believable).

Bani
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DragonWriter on Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:52 pm

Hey instead of making a new role play let's abandon this one entirely and play this one:

roleplay/book-of-mages-the-dark-times/#posting

I've played this one on kongregate, or the game this role play's based on I think and if it's the one where you're the mage trying to enter the tournament to unite all the magic clans I'm up for it.

DragonWriter
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby sparkleshine on Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:45 am

Heh, whilst I'm flattered, it's not the same game as the game the players here signed up for. (Plus I failed at working out a streamlined combat system I think). That game isn't set in a modern-ish era, there aren't spell-links, etc etc... and I really liked the Spell-link idea, it meant that you had to pick some character to rely on and interact with.

sparkleshine
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby sparkleshine on Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:22 am

Just to let you guys know I'm still here and willing to start a new thread, I was just hoping for responses from some of the other players first!

sparkleshine
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DragonWriter on Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:51 am

I'm here, but I'm not 100% sure how we can re-establish everything.

DragonWriter
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Bani on Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:30 am

I'm here as well. Anytime you want to start a new roleplay based on this one, just post the link.

Bani
Member for 12 years

Previous

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!