Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

The Walking Dead: Online

Storyboard

a part of “The Walking Dead: Online”, a fictional universe by Captain Calamity.

An unexplainable infection has swept the world, bringing society to its knees. You are one of the lucky ones. A survivor. But now you must do whatever it takes to survive the greatest threat of all... each other.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “The Walking Dead: Online”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: Storyboard

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zephon on Wed Dec 10, 2014 3:55 am

I really enjoy writing Rafiq, as I think he's the type of character you don't see often, and when you do, it's usually as a small background character. Culturally and background-wise, he's quite different from myself, though I believe I put more of my own personality in him then I intended :P

I'm most looking forward to developing the Rafiq & Diego (Rafiego? Diefiq?). I also like Bethany as a character, but haven't really been able to use her as much as I would have liked too. She probably gets a more proper story arc once the spa group meets up with the others.

And SkyFear, I detect so much heartbreak when you have to decide at some point to kill off either Harper, Stevie or Tara. Because realistically, not all three of them can make it out alive, can they? :S
Passive-aggressive signature

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Zephon
Member for 10 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fear of a Female Planet on Wed Dec 10, 2014 1:40 pm

Ugh. I grappled with that thought a few months ago and it was truly depressing! It made me realize how attached I was to all of these characters. I think I know what's going to happen, but I'm not really sure yet... Tara has a lot of life in her. All three do, actually. Out of all of them I think that Stevie is the least equipped physically to handle the new world, and Tara is the least equipped mentally to handle the new world... and while that sort of defaults Harper to be the balance, she's got her own challenges, too. I like sitting back and thinking about "big picture" things like that, about which characters have major general weaknesses that may influence their course ahead. It kind of puts little things in perspective for me.
"Stand up to your obstacles and do something about them. You will find that they haven't half the strength you think they have." - Norman Vincent Peale

"He broke my sitar, mother****er!" - Anton Newcombe

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Fear of a Female Planet
Member for 11 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Captain Calamity on Wed Dec 10, 2014 7:41 pm

I did a lot of that kind of thinking last season. There are certain characters I've dreamt up with ideas in mind for their futures. Others I've kind've entrusted to the roleplay to determine their course -- like James, Annabelle, Wayne, etc. Some of those are much more communal characters than say Niobe or George.

But that's one thing I want to ease into this next season. I've done a lot of pre-meditating and planning and such over the past two seasons, and I love our dialogues with one another that are born out of those kinds of brainstorming sessions, but I'm trying to limit myself on thinking too far ahead. I think it's much more fun to continue to be surprised and to surprise each other, to write ourselves into corners we have to write ourselves out of, and to keep that creative energy fresh. Some of these deaths might come suddenly when, in the middle of a post or series of posts, it just becomes clear to you suddenly that the character may have outlived their purpose, or perhaps their death really serves the story well in that moment... those will be the best deaths. And they won't come til much later once we're more invested in these crazy folks.

I love envisioning the long-terms for these characters though. Acts as a good compass while you write, knowing where they character is heading... or was headed. I guess it's our jobs to make that journey as interesting and compelling as we can. :)

Putting pen to paper on the third act of this post. I'll put it up first and then release the new character profiles featured in it throughout the week. I think we're gonna see 8 or so new faces pop up with the new bus.

(PS... I fear for the girls too. :( I hadn't even thought about what lies down the road for them. And Rafiq too... he's already learned alot about himself in these first 9 days, wonder what left he'll find out next.)

Captain Calamity
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fear of a Female Planet on Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:17 am

I'm glad that you point that out; it's easy to get stuck outside of your head in imagining different possibilities for different characters.

Although, I will say, San Francisco was 100% spontaneous! Are you sure you entrust me to do anyting besides long-range planning? =p Bad things happen when I think on the fly! Hee-hee-hee!

Fear of a Female Planet
Member for 11 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VincentRayne on Thu Dec 11, 2014 6:47 am

i don't know if it's too late to try to join in on season 3 of this. seems like a cool idea and I just happened to finish episode 3 of Season 2 of The Walking Dead (game). just give me a heads up if there are still spots open and if there are then I'd like to involve a character that's like Clementine. didn't see any youngsters in the group of characters yet. I'll hold off on anything else until I get an answer.

P.S. if you're gonna comment on the game PLEASE no spoilers. I won't have the game finished until the end of the week and I'm really into it. I watched all the tv series episodes and am almost finished with the games. haven't read any of the comics though.

VincentRayne
Member for 10 years
Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Promethean Inspiration Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zephon on Thu Dec 11, 2014 12:45 pm

I am probably not going to kill off Rafiq, at least not for a long time, because he's a bit of my "anchor", if you know what I mean. I should therefore create more characters, but then again, I'm having too much fun killing the ones created by CC :P

@ VincentRayne; we're just about to finish the season, but if you're really commited to joining us, you can probably come in at the start of the third season, granted you get past CC's rigorous recruitment regiment of course (just kidding :P )

Zephon
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VincentRayne on Thu Dec 11, 2014 6:27 pm

hit me! That's what I'm here for is to try and grab a spot for season 3. i'm up to any challenge yall have to throw at me as well, to get in.

VincentRayne
Member for 10 years
Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Promethean Inspiration Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Captain Calamity on Fri Dec 12, 2014 3:46 pm

Welcome, Vincent!

We'd love to have you in Season 3. I'm about finished with the finale post for our current season, and then we'll be off in running. Season 3 starts three days later, on Day +12 after the infection. So you'll have to figure out what your character's been up to during that time... how they've survived so far, etc etc. Should make for a fun series of flashbacks. We do those for our characters all the time.

In the meantime, check out the boards and familiarize yourself however you can with the story and characters. I'll be posting the Season 2 synopsis on the boards soon to help streamline that process. But think about how you'd like to introduce your new character into the scheme of things. We did have two younger characters -- one of which we just lost. The other is another small girl age 10 who's on a bit of a bad streak right now. Always room for more young ones though!

Feel free to his us up with any questions. :)
We chat on the WritePad every so often (when it's up and working). Real-time chat.
Here's the link: http://write.roleplaygateway.com/p/the- ... ead-online

(Oh, and the only spoiler I'll give you about the Telltale game is that it's freakin' awesome. But you probably already know that...)

Captain Calamity
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VincentRayne on Fri Dec 12, 2014 6:37 pm

also, quick question. do the FCs have to be taken from actual people? Seems like it cause that was all I saw under the character tab. might make a different character all together though since Lilli pretty much took everything I had thought up already :P but, I'm still reading through everything. just wondering of the first question to be sure before I make a character.

EDIT: I take back what I said about not making the young character. I still will. finally found someone.

VincentRayne
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Captain Calamity on Sat Dec 13, 2014 2:47 am

Sorry bout the late reply, just got off work.

Yeah-- we stick with at least non-animated FCs. Wouldn't even have to be a famous person if you wanted to use more of an unknown, but the more familiar the face the easier it is for us as readers to relate them to your character.

Captain Calamity
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VincentRayne on Sat Dec 13, 2014 2:51 am

that's what I figured. So i already found a FC. will work on profile this weekend. I guess i don't need to rush at the moment since Season 3 isn't underway yet. plus got a lot to come up with. :P

VincentRayne
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Captain Calamity on Sat Dec 13, 2014 3:49 am

It's a lot to soak in, haha. And the possibilities are always too endless to make any decisions too easy... :)

If it helps, Season 3 begins with the Capitols sending out a couple rescue teams to find the survivors both of our groups became separated with at the end of Season 2. There was some kind of nuclear weapon detonated up near San Fransisco late in the evening, and so we've been forced to take cover for at least a few days for the sky to clear before making any moves. Season 3 picks up after those three days.

Could be possible that you come across us or vice versa while either of these rescue groups are backtracking and searching for their survivors. There's the scattered groups that the search parties are hunting for as well. Who knows who you might come across. I obviously wanna leave all that stuff to you of course so you can introduce yourself however you please, but that's the more immediate part of our story -- without going into too much detail. Hopefully that helps as a springboard. XD

Captain Calamity
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zephon on Sat Dec 13, 2014 8:01 am

One thing you should probably know about us, is that we can be reaaaalllly slow about posting, and then suddenly five or six posts can show up in a row. It just depends on a lot of stuff. WritePad is our favourite hangout, which sometimes makes it seem the RP has been abandonded. So if nothing seems to be happening for about a month, don't worry, we're still working on it.

BTW, has anyone tried the new Game of Thrones Telltale Game already? Is it any good?

Zephon
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VincentRayne on Sat Dec 13, 2014 8:05 am

if it's done by Telltale Game then it must be good. I haven't even watched any game of thrones nor have much of an interest in it but I would play that game.

VincentRayne
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Captain Calamity on Sat Dec 13, 2014 6:51 pm

Telltale is the business. I had seen notifications about the Borderlands one-- I think that got released... Didn't know the Game of Thrones one was out yet.

I'm more excited for games like H1Z1: mass-multiplayer zombie survival. Very similar to the DayZ mod / stand-alone that's been in development forever. That's my kinda game. DayZ was so much fun... open world, no quests... the other players you encounter are more dangerous than the actual zombies because people will kill you and steal your shit. So much adrenaline. So much distrust. XD

Captain Calamity
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zephon on Sun Dec 14, 2014 4:55 am

Aren't there more DayZ "clones" out there these days? You basically fall over them when you look on Steam. Not sure if any of them are any good though.

Personally, I'm still too busy with DA: Inquisition. Just killed my sixth dragon!

Zephon
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fear of a Female Planet on Sun Dec 14, 2014 12:09 pm

I need to get more in line with Dragon Age... I enjoy it but it's also the holidays and I'm now "Mom" so I have a little extra responsibility. So, I say to you from the future, enjoy all your holidays to the max! (It's still fun, but for different reasons!)

In a few hours I'll be gone for a week but I'll check back in here and there! I keep my drafts/characters/etc. on OneNote (I'd use Google, but OneNight is visually great because it has chapter-like tabs that are easy to sort through), which is on both laptop and mobile, so I'm really, really not far at all!

Fear of a Female Planet
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zephon on Mon Dec 15, 2014 3:47 am

Haha, I sort of know what you mean and I probably don't even know the full extent of it. I know I still have more free time then most people, but I'm already missing the care-free summer holidays of years past!

Travel safely!

Zephon
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Captain Calamity on Wed Dec 17, 2014 2:31 pm

Captain Calamity
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zephon on Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:11 am

Haha! Lego makes everything better. True story.

Zephon
Member for 10 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!