Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Contagion: After The Ending

Contagion: After The Ending

a part of “Contagion: After The Ending”, a fictional universe by Emily3456.

The Virus spread. Billions died. The Ending began. We may have survived the apocalypse, but the Virus changed us. All of us. And Now, we must make it through After The Ending.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Contagion: After The Ending”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: Contagion: After The Ending

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rivaille on Tue May 27, 2014 5:12 pm

@Emily - Oh I understand, I was mostly poking around for the character sheet, and to see of your ideas for this were up yet. I didn't go pry into old stories, no worries there! ;)

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Rivaille
Member for 10 years
Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ボクセルちゃん on Tue May 27, 2014 6:14 pm

Just a quick question, what year is it currently right now?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

ボクセルちゃん
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Arc Warden Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rivaille on Tue May 27, 2014 10:53 pm

I second that question.

Also. WIP submitted, just the big stuff to finish up. (Personality/History) But the rest I think is about good to go. No peeking.

Goodnight all.

Rivaille
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Emily3456 on Wed May 28, 2014 6:59 am

The current year for the roleplay is 2015, the president (a un-named man or woman) died the day after that broadcast, which has been repaeating on all of the radio staions since it first aired.

There arent many technology changes, but always rember you can build on with your character. They could always be an inventor.

Ill be making a thread containing all of this kind of infromation when i get home to my computer, and another thread where you all can put in ideas of your own.
“The moment you doubt whether you can fly, you cease for ever to be able to do it.”

Emily3456
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rivaille on Wed May 28, 2014 4:53 pm

If the year now is 2015, when did the virus outbreak hit? Ie. How long has it been? I'm assuming pretty recently, if we're just getting these strange abilities - but still figured I'd check.

Ps. Creepy creeped some more, and all the wip characters are looking rather snazzy so far. :)

Much excite. Very wow.

Rivaille
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby legacy14 on Wed May 28, 2014 10:38 pm

@Rivaille: It says in one of the explanation paragraphs after the President's recording on the intro page that it is ~two months since the world went to shiz (only nice way my mind would let me say that).

The book itself brings the virus in at the start around the beginning of December so I'm guessing it will be roughly around February - March ~ish at the start of the rp.

Though I have had a few drinks tonight and my logic may be a little off...

legacy14
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rivaille on Thu May 29, 2014 7:34 am

@legacy - Oh wow, it's right there isn't it. thank you, I haven't re-read the intro in a while, I appreciate the heads up. :)

--Character complete.

Rivaille
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby beauty-in-chaos on Thu May 29, 2014 3:09 pm

My character is completed, too. I probably wrote a about a lot of unimportant stuff in the history since I got carried away, but eh xD Just say the word if it needs changing.
"If we want to embrace life, we also have to embrace chaos."

beauty-in-chaos
Member for 10 years
Author Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby legacy14 on Thu May 29, 2014 6:00 pm

@Riv: I actually didn't remember that until I went back and read the intro again. I knew Emily wouldn't leave out something that important :P

But on another note. I have to apologize on how long it is taking for me to get my character submitted. It seems this site and my brain do not want to cooperate with me lately. I've been struggling with creativity lately and alcohol is not working (not that it ever does...).

But I've been running into something odd with RPGateway today. I've gotten the creative juices flowing now, but the profile will not update so I can see what it looks like and edit accordingly. I hit submit like normal, refresh my second window, and take a look to see a blank page. Hit Edit and the section for posting information becomes blank... Go back two windows, and my info appears again. Why do you hate me RPG...?

legacy14
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rivaille on Thu May 29, 2014 9:54 pm

Save it outside the site, just in case. And I'd check to see if you have some sort of special character in your name or something that it's not accepting?

Rivaille
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby legacy14 on Thu May 29, 2014 11:15 pm

Yeah, I definitely saved it before I even attempted to submit it. I've been playing around with it for a couple of hours and found a character it wouldn't accept, deleted it, it worked fine. Then started happening again when all I had done was typed words. I'm at the point where I've actually deleted EVERY special character (even the one's Emily had in there) and it still isn't working. I'm going to get some sleep now and try again tomorrow.

I decided not to sleep and pour over the sheet until my curiosity was sated. Still no idea what the problem was, but it's fixed! And submitted the completed document!

legacy14
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rivaille on Fri May 30, 2014 9:34 am

Glad it worked out for you legacy, I've been itching to see more of the character ideas that are going on around here. I get the feeling that our characters won't quite get along, but power wise, we're pretty darn compatible.

Rivaille
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby legacy14 on Fri May 30, 2014 12:28 pm

That's what I love about survival scenarios Riv, two people you may not ever see together in life are forced to work together and it works out amazingly. We'll just have to wait and see.

legacy14
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby GrimBones66 on Fri May 30, 2014 5:13 pm

I had the same problem! >~< I don't know what was going on that's why I haven't finished mine, I had it soo close to finish but then when I went to submit it it was just blank and I forgot to save it. I was sooo mad but i should have it up soon!

GrimBones66
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver Visual Appeal Friendly Beginnings Tipworthy Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Emily3456 on Fri May 30, 2014 6:35 pm

It's alright guys, I understand.

Because I have Dish, my internet slowly winds down towards the end of the month, and then t all restarts again at the beginning of the next. It's a pain in the ***

So my internet it really slow right now and it's taking me longer than usual to get my characters up. Because of that and my overly busy schedule (Next week is exam week - Yikes) I'll be giving everyone up to Monday - the 2nd of June - to get their characters in and finished.

***IMPORTANT-ish READ!!***

Now, a little information for you all. I am in JROTC and over summer every year twelve outstanding cadets get chosen to go to the base here in FL for three days and night and live the military lifestyle. In a turn of events that I did not expect, I was one of the twelve chosen (Yeah, I was surprised too)

Anyway, I'm never one to turn away an awesome adventure experience so of course I accepted. So, on June 16-19 I will be out of commision. We'll have started the rp by then and we'll either put it on hiatus till I return, as long as everyone does not vanish, and when I return on the 20th (We get back on the 19th but I will most likely crash for 15 hours straight once home) we will pick things back up.

Is that okay with everyone? I'm really sorry to inconvenience you all like this, but it would look really good when I go into the military one day if I do this. Plus it'll be awesome. They have a beach. My overly girl side is satisfied with that fact alone.

Emily3456
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rivaille on Fri May 30, 2014 10:44 pm

I say good for you,and enjoy the adventure. Perhaps leave is a post before you ship out for those few days, but in the grand scheme of things that's nothing. Real world comes first.

Secondly, I ought to let you know that from the 2nd -6th I am also on a mini vacation as well, I can probably check in, but no solid posts for those 4 days. Thankfully my character is in and if any changes need to be made, please let me know sooner rather than later.

Night folks! And congrats Em.

Rivaille
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cadounus on Sat May 31, 2014 6:30 pm

Submitted mine! At long last! :)

Congrats on being chosen Emily! Well done you! Really looking forward to getting started, looks like we've got a nice group here, too. Which is always great.

~Cad

Cadounus
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Donated! Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby legacy14 on Sun Jun 01, 2014 1:27 am

First of all, I second Cad and Riv on their statements. That's awesome and you should definitely take all the time you need, it doesn't look like a good portion of us will be going anywhere.

Second, if you say you are in Air Force JROTC and are going to MacDill Air Force Base for your training, I'm going to laugh really hard. Not because it's bad or anything, but I was an MTI for one of the training stints they did in 2011.

legacy14
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby spayce on Sun Jun 01, 2014 4:10 pm

Can I reserve a female character?
FC: Anna karina
"Anytime you’re gonna grow, you’re gonna lose something. You’re losing what you’re hanging onto to keep safe. You’re losing habits that you’re comfortable with, you’re losing familiarity."
— 
James Hillman
(color=burgundy)

spayce
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Emily3456 on Sun Jun 01, 2014 4:46 pm

@Rivaille:Thank you :) that's completely fine, if anything your character can just get a late start!

@Cad: Thank you! I love your character - I love everyones characters. I can't wait to get this started either.

@Legacy: Really? xD Thats awesome!! Yeah I am in Air Force JROTC, it's really awesome, and I cant wait to see what MacDill is like, I'm super excited about it! :3

@Spayce: Sure thing!

Emily3456
Member for 14 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!