Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

War of Azeroth

War of Azeroth

a part of “War of Azeroth”, a fictional universe by MythicalDragon1.

Abaddon, the demon god has raised an army. Now it will be unleashed upon a divided world. Will you be a Warrior of Light? Or a Bringer of Shadow and Death?

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “War of Azeroth”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: [OOC] War of Azeroth

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lord of Fate on Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:50 pm

Character controlling? I never said that Loxley would let his character join Craymen, I just said that the death knight would try to persuade him.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Lord of Fate
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Loxley on Fri Nov 19, 2010 4:06 pm

And feel free to let him try. I think Arden will be very happy to join forces with him. ;)

That said, I intend for him to turn into an awesomely good guy in the future, so sooner or later, they'll have to go their separate ways. ;)

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Loxley
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Loxley on Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:42 am

Talisman, feel free to give Arden a good pummeling. Or just a kick in the rear. ;)

I can't promise you he won't fight back, or that there'll be a clear-cut victory, but it certainly would be fun. XD

In fact, I'm fairly certain the dwarf could eventually come to win Arden's respect, even become somewhat of a mentor to him, if you're interested? :D

Loxley
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Talisman on Sat Nov 20, 2010 2:09 pm

Yay, oh and I'm sorry if that seemed like controlling or god-modding throwing Arden back to the ground like that. Like I said, I needed something to set up a dramatic mood. I didn't mean no injury or nothing, Del just needed to have Arden's full attention.

Anywho, feel free to come after Del, just expect more angry monologue during the fight, if you so choose anyway. And the respect and mentor thing sounds nifty too.
The Canticle of Fate: Silver Lion Stanza
"Though I am flesh, Your Light is ever present,
And those I have called, they remember,
And they shall endure."

Talisman
Member for 15 years
Contributor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Millionaire Completionist Arc Warden Beta Tester Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Loxley on Sat Nov 20, 2010 2:19 pm

No problem, man. I halfway invited some godmoding from your side anyway, and expected Arden to get pummelled around a bit. :D

Need to think a bit about Arden's reaction, though. Hmmm... XD

Loxley
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Loxley on Sat Nov 20, 2010 2:48 pm

This is Arden having lost himself in battle. ;) Easier to think about nothing while swathing enemies aside, than to think about the past, I guess. :D

Loxley
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Moon/Mihael on Sun Nov 21, 2010 6:24 pm

I'm guessing people are gonna be busy this week, huh? *shrugs* I'll check daily then.

Moon/Mihael
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Talisman on Sun Nov 21, 2010 8:31 pm

Gah! I'm running out of Honorable Dwarven Monologues!

Oh well, something's bound to snap sooner or later.

See, Del's berserker... ness? relies much on the same thing. Anger takes over, blood runs, etc. But he also needs an anchor so that he can contain that anger when he needs to. Hate to have to kill something that can't protect itself because Delrick was mad with anger, ya know? That also meshes with the honorable Dwarven royalty motif.

I'm pretty sure Del is going to undergo some more characterization as this goes along though. Can't have a static, flat character, can we?

Talisman
Member for 15 years
Contributor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Millionaire Completionist Arc Warden Beta Tester Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Loxley on Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:08 am

Haha, I'm hoping we avoided any snapping with my latest post. We don't want a fight on our hands, yet at least. XD

I think the difference between a dwarven berserker and a "war elf", by the way, is that a berserker is a warrior with a controlled rage, while a war elf is more like an elf that's gone mad. Which is also why the elves exile them out of shame. So of course the berserkers have an advantage, in a way, that they've still got things to live for. But Arden would never admit that. ;) Though the war elves would have the advantage that they are able to look at things with cold and detached eyes, and fight without any anger at all, so it gives them an edge as well in return, I s'pose...

Lord of Fate, sorry for the death threats. Hope you don't take any offense. Arden's a cocky little bastard. XD

I'm looking forward to continuing this with you guys. :D

Edit: Updated the post a bit since I missed a few things when I posted this morning. I'm making this up as I go, but basically, "the Detachment" means they've been cut off from their goddess, and in short, can fight in battle detached from any obstructive (human) emotions, like sympathy, love and so on. In theory at least. :D

Loxley
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Driananium on Mon Nov 22, 2010 2:36 pm

Hey guys this is the GM's wife. His brother died this weekend so please don't take his inactivity as him giving up on the roleplay. He'll catch up when he feels he can write again. Until then feel free to drive your own characters and such. By no means do you have to wait for him. I just wanted to let you know what has been going on so you didn't think he was being an irresponsible gm.

Driananium
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Loxley on Mon Nov 22, 2010 2:56 pm

Damn... I'm sorry to hear that. :(

Tell him not to worry about the roleplay. I'm sure we can keep ourselves busy with some character development.

Loxley
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SolemnStories on Fri Nov 26, 2010 3:50 am

I just had to say...nice job on the Elf facepalm Loxley =P

SolemnStories
Member for 14 years
Promethean Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Loxley on Fri Nov 26, 2010 10:59 am

Thanks. XD

I have a feeling that dwarf is too smart for Arden's good. Hahaha. XD

Loxley
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SolemnStories on Fri Nov 26, 2010 5:38 pm

Yay finally got my first post in! lol

Arden is such a jackass, I luv it XD

SolemnStories
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Talisman on Sat Nov 27, 2010 4:28 pm

Well, this is going to be very entertaining, I can see.

So much jackass-ness and hardheadedness flowing around.

I love it!

Talisman
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Loxley on Sat Nov 27, 2010 4:46 pm

You and me both, dude. XD

Loxley
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SolemnStories on Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:19 pm

Dang this is some entertaining stuff! I could be content just to pull up a chair and watch you two hash it out XD

SolemnStories
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Talisman on Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:40 pm

So... What now?

Talisman
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Loxley on Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:03 pm

I vote for finding the people who whacked the sinister looking dude with the red eyes and the big sword, and whack said people in a most gruesome manner fitting of a dwarven berserker, a war elf, and a knight-to-be-dead-but-resurrected-to-butcher-his-killers. Bwahahahaha! >:D

Loxley
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MythicalDragon1 on Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:33 am

Hey everyone, I know it's been awhile since I've been on. As you know my brother passed away, I've been very busy helping his wife and catching up on a ton of missed work. I'll post as soon as I can.

Also Moon/Mihael I have no Idea how to respond to your post, cause the only thing you've done is kill Abaddon's troops and your supposed to be a servant. That seems to be counter productive. Also it seems like god modding if your able to walk into Verminaard's "Army" Thousands of troops willy nilly and kill a bunch of them. Also I'm not sure how my character will talk with you since your "Over a mile" in the air... Mt. Everest the highest mountain in the world is only Five Miles high.

So I'm going to post hopefully sometime before Sunday, if I don't hear from you I'm going to have to just ignore that post.

MythicalDragon1
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!