Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

War, War never Changes (Fallout interest check)

a topic in Interest Checks, a part of the RPG forum.

Thinking about starting a roleplay, but don't have the idea completely finished? Post it here, not in the main OOC forum!

Re: War, War never Changes (Fallout intrest check)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Anderan on Fri Dec 04, 2009 1:22 pm

Chinese assault rifle, Gauss rifle, YK2B Pulse rifle, and the Metal Blaster, that's my basic armament.
Orly?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Anderan
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Conquerer_Man on Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:54 pm

There was this prototype plasma pistol that you can find in MZ, that was a powerfull weapon, I used that for most of MZ after I got it.
Practioner of the Free Market

Sometimes, all you'll ever going to find is a spoon.

"Nationalism is the destroyer of nations; patriotism the preserver"

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Conquerer_Man
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Person of Interest Lifegiver Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Anderan on Sun Dec 06, 2009 6:46 pm

its to bad the YK42B and YK32 aren't in Fallout 3, those were some epic weapons back in Fallout 2.

Anderan
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Conquerer_Man on Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:46 pm

I never got that far. Oh well, I rather liked energy weapons, specialy late in the game. Oh what great times, frying enemies with plasma rifles, turning them to ash with the shock sword. Good time, good times.

Anyways, what's the progress on that OoC Kaedai?

Conquerer_Man
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Person of Interest Lifegiver Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Anderan on Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:12 am

Its funny, you can get the best armor and a few of the best weapons in the game relatively early in Fallout 2, its just a matter of reaching the area alive and not dieing from random encounters on the way.

Anderan
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Conquerer_Man on Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:06 pm

Heh, I know how that is. I hated random encounters untill I got something with a little more kick.

Conquerer_Man
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MoonMan on Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:14 pm

Fallout 3's the only one I've played.

I downloaded a copy of FO1, but it didn't work properly [cinematics would just skip for no reason-.-] Can you still buy the fallout's off of amazon n stuff?
And on the first day Man created God in his own image.

MoonMan
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Conquerer_Man on Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:20 pm

Go to Wal-mart, they have the "Fallout Trilogy", which it's not. It has FO1, FO2, and Tactics. All for a reasonable price of $20. I played Fallout 3 first, and I heard some people say that 2 was the best. So as the critical thinker I am, I downloaded FO2 via...umm, hmm... a certain way, and tried it. I must say I like FO3 much better.

Conquerer_Man
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Anderan on Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:26 pm

ya, I got Fallout 2 using... alternative methods... as well as the 1st one. I honestly like all 3 but for different reasons each.
Last edited by Anderan on Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anderan
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MoonMan on Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:28 pm

If fallout happened, I think we'd all do much better than any one else. Fallout 3 is like a post-apocalyptia simulator xD It'd be easier too. Deathclaws wouldn't have HP, and thus 1 bullet to the head! :D

MoonMan
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Conquerer_Man on Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:30 pm

It's understandable, I'm glad though Bethesda got their hands on Fallout 3. Much awesomeness is it.

Conquerer_Man
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Anderan on Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:40 pm

Fallout 3 was great, but they kinds shafted the "wasteland" feel by giving everyone and their mother a gun. That and I absolutely hate that guns degrade over time XD. It gets rather annoying having a particular weapon get low and you have nothing to repair it with. Same goes for armor.

Anderan
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Conquerer_Man on Mon Dec 07, 2009 1:41 pm

That's kind of how it works in real life though (the weapon degrading part). If you don't take care of it, it stops working. I kind of agree with you, that realisticly not every one is going to have a gun, but I think they did nail the wasteland feel with the atmosphere and ambeince of the sceenery. Oh man, I still don't like heading into the sewers of DC.

Conquerer_Man
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Anderan on Mon Dec 07, 2009 2:33 pm

ya, the atmosphere and ambiance in fallout 3 was great. I know guns degrade over time, I hunt IRL, it just find the degradation annoying.

Anderan
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Conquerer_Man on Mon Dec 07, 2009 2:54 pm

I understand your pain, heh that reminds me about the winterized T-51b power armor, how it's health is 10,000,000. Man that made me laugh so hard.

Conquerer_Man
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MoonMan on Mon Dec 07, 2009 3:35 pm

Has anyone tried playing with the G.E.C.K for the pc version of fallout? I... acquired a pc version of the game to try it out and it's hilarious. I made Lucas Sims into a 200foot, pink haired, female Ghoul xD Who explodes when she dies. Oh yeah, and I made a baseball bat that has the same range as a rifle, and makes people turn to ash in 1 hit... good times.

There was a problem though. The stronger I made a weapon, the quicker it's CND went down. Rargh!

MoonMan
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Anderan on Mon Dec 07, 2009 5:01 pm

lol. I've never really messed around with any of Bethesda's editors. I took a crack at it a while back but mostly forgot everything i learned. Also the fact that I really don't want to build levels from predefined "pieces". I much prefer Valves Source SDK in terms of any sort of game editing.

Anderan
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Conquerer_Man on Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:03 pm

Heh, oh the mods you can do to Fallout 3. Good times, good times. I've never done any modding my self, but I have seen some vids of mods people did.

Conquerer_Man
Member for 15 years

Re: War, War never Changes (Fallout interest check)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Orith Nar on Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:29 pm

I remember finding the T-51B in the Old Olney Sewers, got jumped by like six Deathclaws, and then got the armor off of a poor, poor dead Brotherhood of Steel dude. Well, I ran through the sewers with Med-X coursing through my viens, and destroyed Deatclaws. I also remeber turning a Deathclaw into a huge furry troll (A mod I...uhm...'Found' on the internet...) It ran around in circles and slammed into walls for like fifteen minutes.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." -~-~-~- Edgar Allan Poe.

Orith Nar
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: War, War never Changes (Fallout interest check)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Conquerer_Man on Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:09 pm

Heh, furry troll..

That armor you found wasn't the T-51b, that was the prototype medic power armor. The normal T-51b is in Fort Bannister (I think that's the name), and the winterized version in the armory of the Outcast outpost as part of Op.:Anchorage.

Conquerer_Man
Member for 15 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!