Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

War, War never Changes (Fallout interest check)

a topic in Interest Checks, a part of the RPG forum.

Thinking about starting a roleplay, but don't have the idea completely finished? Post it here, not in the main OOC forum!

Re: War, War never Changes (Fallout intrest check)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby loveroftoast on Fri Nov 27, 2009 8:07 pm

This is brilliant...I'm addicted to Fall-out. I'd love to be a part. Should you officially post it I'm definitely interested and have plenty of time to commit!
My waking hope, my sleeping dream...

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

loveroftoast
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Conquerer_Man on Fri Nov 27, 2009 8:18 pm

Okay, good to hear Toast, we need dedicated participants and hopefully soon Kaedai will have intro post up here so we can see how the OoC will be set up.
Practioner of the Free Market

Sometimes, all you'll ever going to find is a spoon.

"Nationalism is the destroyer of nations; patriotism the preserver"

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Conquerer_Man
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Person of Interest Lifegiver Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Anderan on Fri Nov 27, 2009 8:51 pm

It would be interesting to visit post-nuke Nome, Alaska, or travel in an empty Alaskan Pipeline.
Orly?

Anderan
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Prose on Fri Nov 27, 2009 8:51 pm

Yush. Sko loves so far... and she is plotting the town she shall be running and the name of her character. Bahahaha.
(16:12:43) Prose says: Izzy does anything she can get her hands on.
(16:12:54) Namaru says: My god Xorn and Prose you guys totally did a bunch of crazy things, I'm sure
(16:12:54) Prose says: Coke, meth, heroine, crack, pot.
(16:13:06) Prose says: Oh that was really bad timing.

Prose
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Lifegiver Visual Appeal Beta Tester Bug Hunter Cult Leader

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Conquerer_Man on Fri Nov 27, 2009 10:03 pm

Hmm, maybe the pipeline is a makeshift transport system, allowing a quicker recovery or formation of townships around the pipeline. Sort of like the towns that grew up around rivers.

Conquerer_Man
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Person of Interest Lifegiver Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kædai on Fri Nov 27, 2009 10:58 pm

Ooh. I like that idea. =D

Kædai
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Conquerer_Man on Fri Nov 27, 2009 11:01 pm

Another thing that has come to my mind, what kind of climate would it be like. I don't think it would be like the wasteland, but at the same time not the lushess land that is Alaska now.

Conquerer_Man
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby loveroftoast on Fri Nov 27, 2009 11:20 pm

It all sounds so very beautiful. I absolutely can't wait!

loveroftoast
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kædai on Sat Nov 28, 2009 5:03 am

I was thinking Alaska would be snowy and deathly cold. Like, since the bombs fell, climate has changed all around the world, and Alaska, once mildly temperate with a good amount of snow, is now sub-arctic, with constant snow and crippling roaming blizzards (Kinda like roaming sandstorms in the desert.) Just to add some environmental danger to this, since radiation is almost non-existent in Alaska.

Kædai
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tyle Kalrian on Sat Nov 28, 2009 6:29 am

Heheh, so Alaska's certain death for any travellers who come unprepared? XD Sounds awesome. Maybe the pipeline could also lead to a big city that's been built up in the sewers, less dangerous then the world outside of the pipes but filled with deadly diseases and infections?
'Any idiot can handle a crisis - it's this day-to-day living that wears you out.' - Anton Chekhov

Tyle Kalrian
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kædai on Sat Nov 28, 2009 9:17 am

Maybe, Tyle.

Alright, so I have a working outline of the intro post up, though I do want to add to it some more. Just to kinda flesh out some stuff.

The year is 2283. It’s been six years since the Lone Wanderer left the artificial safety of Vault 101 and saved the Capital Wasteland from the horrors of the oppressive Enclave.

Six...long...years.

Much has happened in that time. Ever since the Lone Wanderer activated the Purifier, word has spread of her exploits. People have begun to hold hope for the first time in a very, very long time. Hope for the future. Hope for more than just survival. Hope for a true life.

For the people of Anchorage, Alaska, that hope has slowly but surely sunk in. In the winterland wastes, they hold on to dear life, fighting every day to survive. Most have fled underground, to the massive sewer system below the city. Utilizing the old oil pipelines, they have found ways to travel to the outposts scattered around Anchorage. In the sub-zero temperatures so often present in Alaska, people have found ways to keep warm. By sheer will and power of spirit, the people of Anchorage have held on.

But things are getting better. Radiation has begun to wear off. Grass is once again sprouting, in small, far-flung patches. But it is growing nonetheless. And rumors persist of a lone tree growing in a vast plain, somewhere in the Canadian Wastes.

New people are arriving, as well. A refugee caravan recently arrived, bringing with it twenty more lives, twenty more stories. Among these are a small group of mysteriously quiet, shady-looking people, always seemingly looking for something, but never finding it. They have fit in well, and are receiving warm welcomes from the townsfolk. And talk is going around that another caravan is coming.

Happy days.

But, dark days are coming. Shadows seem to move in the dead of night, and people have started going missing, never to be heard of again. Rumblings and quakes rise from the ground for brief moments, only to sink back down again. Not many recognize it, but a sense of dread is slowly gripping Anchorage. And it doesn’t help that travelers have reported increased activity around the pipelines. Someone...something...has been abducting people from the checkpoint stations in the pipeline system, and some stations have even gone dark. The search parties that are sent out...are never heard from again. Whispers, quiet in the night, have begun saying that some sort of creatures are taking the people. Indeed, strange tracks have been found around the areas. But they neither come from somewhere, nor lead away. They seem to just...disappear.

But things are pretty quiet...for now.

The silence before the storm.

Kædai
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Afterman on Sat Nov 28, 2009 11:29 am

I'd be up for this too, if I may.

"But are you gonna kill her off?"
"It's not your decision. I love the character, she stays!"
"Yeah, well the only thing love's done is put you in this position; I say kill her off!"
"Yeah, but you say a lot of things -and how's that work? You're a bicycle."

The Afterman
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Conquerer_Man on Sat Nov 28, 2009 2:58 pm

Okay good so far, I do have a few things to nit pick.

1. I don't think word from DC could have reached Alaska, mainly since I'm not sure if anyone would have journeyed up there to spread it. Also, let's not mention the Lone Wander, since it could be a he or a she and could be evil, nuetral, or good. There are just too many things about it that have been left up to the player to make the Lone Wander a uniform character.

2. There aren't piplines running underground through Anchorage. The Alaskan pipeline, and it's assumed Fallout equivalent runs above ground from northern Alaska to southern Alaska. That's what I had in mind for the whole transport system, that people from town and villiages in the north could travel to those in the south.

Conquerer_Man
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kædai on Sat Nov 28, 2009 3:13 pm

Did I say it was underground? O.o

*Checks*

Oh, no. CM, the pipelines are aboveground. The survivors have just found a way to access them from the sewers. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

And...Hm...*Scratches head* I'll see if I can find a way around the Lone Wanderer bit. I can see your concerns. But, I think word would have traveled. In six years, word can get around. But, if you're sure that it wouldn't have, I'll edit it out.

Kædai
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Conquerer_Man on Sat Nov 28, 2009 3:42 pm

I can't say I'm sure, but the model of communication breaks down when some one has to travel from DC to Alaska or even a shorter distance, such as the west coast. I'm just not sure if anybody would be traveling to Alaska that could spread the word.

Conquerer_Man
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby thebluepimento on Sat Nov 28, 2009 4:43 pm

This sounds really interesting. I'm up for it!

thebluepimento
Member for 15 years
Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Anderan on Sat Nov 28, 2009 5:08 pm

Whether or not word would have spread to Alaska would depend on what traders and caravans went up there. Anyways, with the large presence of military forces in Anchorage, I could see a society located in old bunkers set up by former soldiers. Perhaps the Command system would have evolved into a sort of Oligarchy or Monarchy, with each General, Colonial or who ever was the highest ranking officer there when the bombs fell, passing their rank and responsibilities on to their children.

Anderan
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby loveroftoast on Sat Nov 28, 2009 5:11 pm

I think thats a decent explanation, Anderan... Although, ultimately I agree with Conquerer

loveroftoast
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Anderan on Sat Nov 28, 2009 5:16 pm

as do I, the actions of the Vault Dweller, Chosen One, and Lone Wanderer probably shouldn't be mentioned. Hell it would probably be easier if specifics about the Greater US were not even mentioned.

Anderan
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Conquerer_Man on Sat Nov 28, 2009 7:07 pm

That's an interesting idea about the Oilgarchy, though I do not think many of the military personal would have survived, since the bombs would have been dropped on military instalations as well as cities. It would be with in reason then for the Chinese to nuke Anchorage after there defeat there. So what military forces left would have been those out in he field and not back at the HQ.

I think those who survived would be the wildmen and mountainiers, the native americans living in rural villiages. So those who formed the great pipline cities (stress on the words great and cities) would have been the oil workers, the eskimos and the guys who came back from extended trips into the wilderness. The culture would be more barbaristic and somewhat savage.

Conquerer_Man
Member for 15 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!