Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Wasteland [IC]

a topic in Futuristic Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based in the future of any sort, use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

Re: Wasteland [IC]

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Apple's Remains on Fri Nov 13, 2009 5:33 pm

A veiled form poked from around the corner, heavily clothed in linen and coarse weave robes. She withdrew something from her breast and held it in the light. It was a small bottle of red liquid with a feather sticking out from the neck of the bottle. She withdrew the feather and applied it to another dart-like object. With slender fingers, burned and calloused, she loaded it into a bamboo shoot and aimed for the neck of the youth, gloating over the newly poisoned man.

Here, in the city of Raugh; the cradle of disease and artifice, Mirela found herself wronged. This man had stolen from her, money that she herself had worked quite hard to take. Money that came from the stinking basements of poor men, the cluttered penthouses of the richer, and from the pocketbooks of everyone in between. She wanted it back.

THIS IS APPLEPOISONEER, MY ACCOUNT STOPPED WORKING, SO I MADE A NEW ONE

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Apple's Remains
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby wolfangel26 on Fri Nov 13, 2009 5:36 pm

Honestly, Angela wasn't really paying too much mind to whatever the stranger was saying. It had been one hell of a day, and she was content as could be just minding her own business for a while. Suddenly, however, she was shaken from her thoughts when the man spoke up again.

"Here you go young lady," he said, handing her what she assumed was a sack of gold. She took it without really thinking, but then did a double take. She stared at it with a somewhat blank expression. Seriously?. What was it with people giving her money today. Was she wearing a sign or something?

She lifted her gaze and saw the same stranger directing his men inside, each carrying their cargo. So, they were smugglers? What was in the cargo, she couldn't be sure, but she doubted it was legal. She watched as they were directed to the back room.

"Bourbon and rum please", the captain got her attention once more. After a moment of awkward silence, a realization dawned on her.

He thinks I'm the bartender, she thought incredulously. Her eyes scanned the bar's interior for the real proprietor but he was no where to be found! He must have darted out while the captain was unloading his cargo inside. Damn coward...he took off with her money! Well...she gave it to him...but it was the money for the repairs on the bar!

Her face darkened with a scowl as she looked back at the captain, still awaiting his order of drinks. With a heavy sigh, she got to her feet and went behind the counter.

"How the hell did this end up happening!" she said in a low bitter voice to heself as she pulled out the desired bottles and poured them each drinks, sliding them down the counter of the bar to the captain.
"Humor is reason gone made."- Groucho Marx
"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity."- George Carlin
"It is better to know some of the questions before all of the answers."- James Thurber

Image Image Image Image Image

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

wolfangel26
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Yomei on Fri Nov 13, 2009 5:43 pm

Anna sighed. No clue where she was. Earlier she heard a male voice say, "Bourbon and rum please." She ignored him and kept looking at her map. Her map must be outdated.

She walked up to the bar, put her map in her pocket, and asked, "Do you know what this town is called sir?"

The bartender looked at her strangely, but ignored her. She huffed, then took her map back out and kept looking.

Where?!
I've seen you.
Where?
In my dreams.
Your dreams?
Yes, I've dreamt before. Horrid nightmares, sweet dreams, even weird dreams. But I once dreamt of you, only for a moment, and that moment was all it took for me to fall in love.
~a book I've read.

Yomei
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Derek Smith on Fri Nov 13, 2009 7:29 pm

Dante laying sleepless on the 3rd story of a ruined hotel sensed rather then saw the arrival of an unwelcome guest. Obscured by the darkness of midnight the shape of this 'guest' was hard to determine but for this orange eyed man it was as clear as day. It's shadowy profile gave it's eight legs and beady eyes. And the shimmer of smoke around it only confirmed the wanderer's realizations. A Cancer Inflicter it's main form attack was the lethal smoke that emitted from it's pores. But such things where easily avoided even by normal humans let alone this Wanderer who's past was unknown and who's power had allowed him to survive in the empty wastelands filled with such creatures and worse.

But it's smoke attack failing the Cancer Inflicter lunged with the speed of all it's eight legs using a very spider like attack pattern. Rolling into a back-flip he avoided the wildly swinging pincers dripping with what no doubt was a concentrated liquid version of the venom in it's smoke. Dancing backwards then running up the wall he flips off it reversing his angle of flight while drawing his pistols landing some 5 feet from the mutant spider. Opening fire the gunshots echo for miles across the barren and empty wastelands as the muzzle flashes illuminate the battle or rather one-sided slaughter.

A few more rounds later the freak spider lays in a gore soaked puddle of it's own body fluids while Dante, his backpack in hand is rapidly sliding down the ruined staircases and collapsed floors to where he hid his bike. For the gunshots were bound to attract more of the freaks, they always did. Hammering on the Kick-start the bike roars into life as the Wanderer races out of the ruined hotel and onto the ancient asphalt road it's markings erased by the ravages of time. Opening the throttle full bore he races into the night, a blur to any onlookers.

A few hours later the sun rises in the east, it's harsh and unforgiving light illuminating the Hell earth has become. At first the bike sputters then it coughs, and at long last it comes to a halt. It's tanks bone dry Dante knows it is the end of the road for it, there isn't a store or farmhouse in sight so no chance of either buying or stealing fuel. Staring at it for a few moments he shoulders his pack and begins what looks like a long a arduous journey on foot. Duran Grand no where to be seen on the distant horizon.

But the Wanderer is use to such things, foot travel is how his journey started, and at least this isn't the Red Desert. That reminds me, I gotta update the map later. He reminds himself of the personal travel map he had been drawing, like his Journal it is a habit he has fallen into for the same reasons. The map in question shows where Dante has been, and it is drawn with a great eye for detail with landmarks and distances clearly marked on it with a firm clear hand. Longitude and Latitude clearly marked it is rather extensive despite only three years of travel. For this Wanderer has never stayed still long.

The harsh sun climbing higher into the sky making the Squalid hell that is Earth all that much clearer Dante takes a swig from his canteen, the water warm yet at least water. Looking around he takes shallow sips, aware that replacement water will be hard to come by. Although possessing a water purifier the Wanderer knows in this world basic supplies like Water must be conserved.

Seeing the outcrop of buildings nearby after 6 hours or so hours judging by the sun of hiking his spirits he notices it is a sizable settlement, but not on the scale he was told Duran Grand was. Lining the streets where shops and stands of all kind. Speeding up his steps Dante is soon amongst them, the cries of hawkers and hagglers filling the air. But as he walked by them as in every settlement he came to an unease filled the air. It wasn't his heavily armed appearance, in these days it was a common sight, even farmers and townspeople carried weapons openly. Now it was when he would turn his head, when they could see his Orange eyes that they fell silent, as if confronting the inner demon within him.

" What is the name of this settlement" Dante asked a seller of Ammunition and Weapons politely enough considering the odd stare he looked at Dante with.

"...This Place be called Raugh...Sir" The Weapons dealer said with a mustered courage.

" Do you know of any work to be found." Dante further asked inspecting 50 round .45 pistol clips and .303 shells for his rifle.

" You might be trying the City Hall, Bounties are posted there and the bars are full of Mercenary Companies looking for fresh recruits. And perhaps one of the Bigger Merchants might be hiring bodyguards." The Merchant Dealer replied more then eager to speed Dante on his way.

" Thank you, how much for all this." Dante questioned indicating several clips of .45 ammo and 50 .303 rifle cartridges.

" That be 250 credz Sir." The Merchant said right away, giving Dante a discount in order to have stop those Orange eyes and the terror they held away from his stand.

" Done." Dante replied handing over the 250 credz and walking towards the only building with people milling around it, no doubt city hall.

Derek Smith
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Person of Interest Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sorentier on Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:35 pm

Afte the long disscusion with his rich client, Malcolm didn't look as shocked as he once was, now he looked angry. "So, after a matter of months since I left, my mother is dead and my father is a dammed dictator?" He then stared at the ceiling. "All in the name of money." He then gave a wicked smirk and started to laugh a little. "Greedy bastard..." The client looked at Malcolm strangly for a little while, then went back to the conversation. "Yes, your father as used his power in an evil way when your mother died, some say it was your father that kiiled your mother." Malcolm didn't look at him, he just kept staring at the ceiling. Malcolm's boss then jumped in. "I think we'll accept the job now." "Yes, yes, you should be on your way to find where ever your father is." Malcolm slowly tilted his head back down, his face now normal. "Yeah, no point in staying here." Before Malcolm and his boss left, the client stopped them. "But before you go, i have something for you." He snapped his fingers and a servant came out with a breifcase containing 1,000,000 Credz. Malcolm stared at the amount of money he just recived. His boss was also staring at it, more greedly than Malcolm. "This is the first half of the reward money, you'll get the rest after you completed the mission. And if you need to escape the guards, just come back here, my door is always open to you." Malcolm then closed the case and gave it to his boss and started to walk out the door. "Thanks, I think i'll need it in awhile." With that, both of the men left to get an idea where Malcolm's father might be.

They walked through the merchant district of Duran Grand, watching as others spend their money to get nice things. They both stopped and sat on a bench in the market. "So what do we do now? We don't have any leads on where my dad is." His boss turned to face him with an annoyed look. "Are you that stupid Malcolm? Your father basically rules this place, i'm sure we'll find something." Just then Malcolm noticed two rich men go into the alley-way that lined the market. Malcolm stared in that direction for awhile, then got up. "Where are you going?" "I think I might've found our first lead." Malcolm then walked over to the alley, making sure not to be seen by the two men. He was in just enough range to hear their conversation. "How many people did he invite to the party this time?" "Almost all of the high class members of the city are going to be there, they would be fools if they didn't." "But were there any invitations to the party?" "Do not be so idiotic, anyone who has a good amount of wealth is welcome there, like us." "So where is it?" "It's at his grand palace in the dead center of the city, you can't miss it. Just look for the domed structure with the high columns." Malcolm didn't listen anymore, he got what he needed. He went over to his boss and picked him up. "Now where are you taking me?!" "We're heading to the palace for a party."

Sorentier
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Derek Smith on Sat Nov 14, 2009 5:43 pm

The activity of the masses around the city hall files away as the Orange eyed Wanderer nears it, no doubt to get on with the serious business of survival in this wasteland settlement. Climbing up the steps with a rapid Ease despite 6 hours of Hiking he fixes his Eyes on the billboard off to the side of the somewhat ugly building. On it are numerous letters, fliers advertising everything,community notices, but a whole section seems to be devoted to Bounties. While not a bounty hunter normally Dante's light pockets and low provisions make the amnesic Wanderer consider the numerous sheets nailed to the board.

Perhaps it was something about the nature of the Bounty but the lowest paying bounty attracted his attention. A farmer had but up a 50,000 credz bounty on a Bandit group that had violated his daughter and stolen all this years crops. A 10,000 bonus would be paid if the Leader was brought to the farm alive and awake. Ripping the Sheet off the board he further read the details. Apparently the bandit group made the HQ in a range of low hills to the south about 4 hours travel from the city.

Stepping down the stairs he made rapid progress down main street and once more found himself in the wasteland this time heading south. His steps full of haste for he didn't want to be caught out in the open wasteland during nightfall. The sooner he made it to the bandit camp and neutralized his bounty the sooner he'd have a defensible place to sleep, although keeping the leader alive might prove difficult.

Derek Smith
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Person of Interest Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Xiphoniii on Sat Nov 14, 2009 8:10 pm

OOC: Friendly rivalry? Bowser/Mario style? I'll try to kill you, but play tennis, and go karting with you later.

IC: Liam laughed, collapsing the blades once more, and stowing them, then held out his hand to Ryder. "Sure thing, old friend. Now, who would want to poison you, mon ami? I mean, it is not like you have any enemies around. Now come on, let's get you to a hospital. I don't wish to fight you in this condition. You know I don't. Besides, I already fulfilled my contract. He got away. I'm under no further obligation to help the little bastard. Hehe, you're free to hunt him down once more, his contact with me has moved on. If he hires someone else, it won't be me. If you're employer is willing, and you as well, to split the credz, I might even help out. That was my first job in months. Turns out, being elusive is, how you say, bad for business, no?"
ImageImage ImageImage

Xiphoniii
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Afterman on Sat Nov 14, 2009 9:01 pm

Ryder was too tired to pay attention. "Just...get me outta here", he said. Liam helped him off the ground. They walked around for a bit.
The night air smelled of dust, and an uneasy feeling of despair loomed over Raugh. Ryder looked over at Liam.
"Tell me something Liam....ugh", he moved to quickly to straighten himself up and felt the rush in his body, "why would you help someone that sick and twisted escape justice. I though you were better than that?"
Ryder looked over at his rival. He had known this guy basically ever since he had became a bounty hunter. He had never known him to help a murderer get away.
He'd kill them, but never let them get away.

"But are you gonna kill her off?"
"It's not your decision. I love the character, she stays!"
"Yeah, well the only thing love's done is put you in this position; I say kill her off!"
"Yeah, but you say a lot of things -and how's that work? You're a bicycle."

The Afterman
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Yomei on Sun Nov 15, 2009 12:20 am

Anna sighed; it didn't matter, she was alone and she had to be for a week. She folded up the map, which ironically was a very old map of a place called Asia or Asha or something akin to that name, and went outside.

Where she bumped into someone. "Sorry." She was irritated, so it came out very cruel sounding. The guy grabbed her arm, and yelled, "Look at the little zombie, thinking she's all that." His breath stank of alcohol.

"Please let me go." The man laughed. "I'm gonna kill you, so's we don't have not none more zombies round here."

Now she was frightened, especially when he pulled a knife out. She started shaking slightly.

Yomei
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Derek Smith on Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:19 am

After fours hours of hard running Dante the so called Human Darkness came to the low range of hills spoke of in the bounty sheet. Ducking low in a hunter's stance he throws himself up the side of the beginning of the range. Reaching the top of the hill he lays on top of the rise looking down at the bowl shaped depression where the bandits had made their camp.

Compete idiots, it may hid their camp from sight but an attacking force automatically has the high ground. Of course the attacking force in question is only little old me....I almost feel sorry for them being outnumbered and surrounded by such superior forces. Dante scoffed mentally the orange eyes that unnerved so many filled with the demonic rage all saw when really looking into his eyes.

This rage is what lent Dante the power that made him considered one of the finest guns for hire but using it meant he had to tap into the core of his being. Into that inner darkness that was so powerful it sometimes even unnerved this outwardly silent and angry man. But despite knowing nothing about it's origin he knew how to harness that inner darkness to frightening effect. Some say this Demonic Rage was proof of their belief that Dante was really a Darkness birthed through a mortal mother. Although he would laugh privately at such a thought as a Darkness and mortal woman mating he encouraged it to a certain degree. After all it didn't hurt to have a reputation like that when it came time to collect his pay.

But for now all that mattered was the Bandit's before him. Running down the into the bowl shaped depression with the setting sun at his back he rushed the walls. At first the Bandits seemed to fail to notice this lone figure charging at them. But a Sentry cried out the alarm shortly before the rage filled Wanderer clawed up the wall pistol's in hand. Though a valiant effort the Sentry managed to lower his machine gun into the ready position but it was too late as the auto fire from a 50 round .45 pistol tore his head to pulp.

Twisting the angle of the pistol Dante sprayed instant death and mortal wounds among the Bandits milled behind their rough makeshift walls. The gunfire echoed across the hills, it's harsh reports speaking only of death. The rounds spent the clip ejected as Dante holstered them reloading them at the same time. Drawing his Skeleton hilt sword from where it hung on his back he jumped down the bandits organizing a hasty defense their weapons finally returning fire, a few bullets tore themselves into the Wanderer's flesh. But it would take more then that to stop him in this state.

His sword swinging it slashed and hacked it's crimson victory through the bandit's ranks, till only their leader stood his own sword in hand, a wicked curved blade blackened by the unwashed blood of all it's victims. Steel rang against steel as the leader proved to have reflex's to match Dante's fury filled attacks. As the battle went on Dante's rage gradually subsided, for he could only tap into that inner darkness for long.

Now fighting the Leader with a calm and collected Mind the Wanderer recalled the bounty for the capture of the Leader Bandit. Falling back on an old ploy he lessened the speed of his attacks and parries to encourage his foe to step up his own attacks. And like every idiot before him the Leader Bandit rush headlong in, even managing to slash Dante's chest but such things where considered minor damages to his mind.

Reversing the grip on his sword Dante smashed full force with the hilt onto the Leader's forehead. Looking at Dante with a dazed look for a second his foe fell back, knocked out cold. Cleaning the sanguine proof of battle off his sword the amnesic Wanderer sheathed onto his back. Looking around one could see dead and dying bandits all around their rough makeshift village, the very ground stained red. And it had all happened in a mere hour. The most remarkable sight was this Wanderer standing the wounds of battle healing as he stood to the closed leaving no mark on his skin. It was theorized that such healing was limited, that any that cared to watch would notice the instant healing slowed with time. The more wounds he took in a single a battle the slower they healed, till eventually they theorized he would heal at a normal human rate. Of course Dante had never put his healing abilities to the test merely enjoying the fact they where invaluable during quick combat.

" All these dead bodies are sure to attract all kinds of scavengers. I'll just take the leader and see if I can run back to town before it get's to dark." Dante said to himself as he knelt to tie up the leader using rope from a nearby tent. That being done he took a swig from his canteen after scouring each body, taking Credz and supplies he could use. And raiding their larder he replenished his food supplies and took all they credz their vault held. All in all the bounty had paid for itself and he hadn't even collected it yet. His wallet considerably heavier he hefted the leader over his left shoulder and despite the added mostly dead weight he ran on into the wasteland determined to make it back to town before it got too dark.

Derek Smith
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Apple's Remains on Sun Nov 15, 2009 11:05 am

Her dart had missed... Mirela cursed in her native tongue and followed the setting sun out of sight. She wanted to see if the other man who'd been poisoned would survive; something compelled her to think "the enamy of my enamy is my friend", although she knew that he truthfully did not know her, and nor she him. However, she stalked them like a languid cat, watching the life and not wishing to take it.

Apple's Remains
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby OriginalSix on Mon Nov 16, 2009 5:35 am

The door creaked, swinging open, the man known as Jericho stepping through into the gloom. The sunlight following him through the doorway took one look at the people clustered around the bar and fled, leaving the room in near darkness as the door swang back and closed. The bar stank of cheap beer, unwashed men and despair, the patrons, if they could be called that, looking like the type of men who would sell their entire families into slavery for a credit.

Jericho smiled, his wide grin shining suddenly white in the darkness, and stepped towards the bar. Everyone staring at him, he locked eyes with the barman and spoke, voice loud enough to carry to everyone in the room.

"I'm looking for a man they call Ryder." One hand emerged from a pocket, a ten credit piece held between two fingers. "I'd be very appreciative of any information you could provide me with." The coin was placed on the bar waith an echoing click and slid into the barmans eager hands.

Ten minutes later, the door swang outwards, Jericho emerging into the sunlight. After he'd revealed the money, almost everyone in the bar had come forwards with a story. Most of them were blatant lies, but one man had mentioned something about seeing him headed for Raugh. That seemed true enough, and tied in to what he'd heard at the last town. Taking off his hat and running one hand through his hair, Jericho stared at the horizon for a moment, deep in thought.

"I'm getting closer..."

A yelp to the left brought his attention back to the present. He span on one heel, right hand twitching. A man had a zombie girl by the arm, a knife in his other hand. Dropping the hat back on his head, Jericho leant back against the side of the building, watching the show.
You know the goal. You know the path. The only thing that can stop you now is complacency. Go take what's yours.

OriginalSix
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Derek Smith on Mon Nov 16, 2009 5:02 pm

His breathing ragged yet measured Dante watched the sun set and the darkness rush over the land as he ran back towards Raugh. The dead weight of the Bandit leader slung over his shoulder seeming to get no lighter as the bonus began to stir, the stupor of unconscious slumber wearing off. At first it was unintelligible babble then it was swear words and attempts to slither off the Wanderer's shoulder. Getting sick of it all Dante threw the trussed up Bandit Leader to the ground. While the bonus was for a live leader He was seriously considering shooting the bothersome burden and damming the extra pay. But something stayed his hand as it reached for one of the .45 auto pistols holstered at his hips. No doubt the Farmer wanted last minute revenge on this scum who raped his daughter and stole his livelihood and food to see them through the harsh winter of the wastelands. Anything this farmer would do to this former Bandit Leader would be a lot worse then being shot in the head.

So twisting his wrist in a odd way the hidden wrist blade sheathed on his right arm sprang forward. Designed as an ornate forearm guard no one knew it was there as Dante made sure the only people aware of it's existence died by it's deadly sting mere milliseconds after realizing it existed. This time though though all he did was flip the Bandit swearing threatening filled speech scum body over and sliced the Achilles tendon on both ankles.

" There, even if the farmer lets you live you'll never walk again. Try to get away and I'll slice the tendons in your shoulders next so you'll never even be able to crawl again." Dante promised sheathing his wrist blade with the same odd twist of his forearm and wrist. This hidden blade had saved his life more then once, countless bar fights for example had been ended with it. Although the by-standers never saw it, it seemed they though he had the strength to punch clean through a person and while he did the blade was a much quicker and efficient way.

Smashing the Bandit once more into the oblivion of black out Dante hoisted the scum once more onto his shoulder. Raugh was near on the horizion, a couple more hours run would see him amongst it's streets, although as the stars filled the blasted skyline it was clear collecting the Bounty would have to wait till tomorrow. Perhaps the weapon's merchant of earlier would have a idea of where one could find a bed for the night.

Derek Smith
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Yomei on Mon Nov 16, 2009 5:58 pm

Anna tried to get him to let her go, but he wouldn't. She spun her arm around, kicked at his legs, then tried to pull loose.

He swore, then yanked some of her hair and cut her shoulder. She finally got smart enough to scream very loudly. "Let me go!"

She noticed a man with a hat leaning against a wall. If anything, he would have a concience, or at least a knife.

"Sir! Please help!"

She looked straight at him.

Yomei
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Xiphoniii on Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:43 am

Liam laughed. "Mon Ami. You know I would never help him out of free will. It was my first job in months, and it paid rather well. It was that, or go crawling home to the nomads, which I will not do. Anyways, now that I've earned my pay, perhaps I can help you eliminate him? After all, what condition are you in right now. You'll never be able to track him down like that. Also, I know where he's going. So, need help taking him down?" He looked at him expectantly as he helped him limp out of the alleyway.

Xiphoniii
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby OriginalSix on Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:56 pm

The little zombie girl was in a spot of bother, her assailant lashing out at her with his knife, cutting into her shoulder.

"Let me go!"

The girls voice was shrill, pain evident in her tone. Glancing around, her eyes found Jericho. Staring straight at him, imploring him to come to her aid, the girl called out for help.

Jericho levered himself off the wall with a heavy sigh and strode towards the pair, both arms hanging nonchalantly by his side, head shaking ever so slightly. 'People these days.' He thought. 'Everyone is unable to deal with their own problems.'

Ten feet away from the pair, Jericho stopped. Pasting a smile on his face, voice dripping sarcasm, he addressed the thug directly.

"You do realise its terribly rude to treat a young lady like that, yes?" His left hand rose, index finger tipping the brim of his hat up just enough for his eyes to meet the mans. "Might be in your best interests if you let her go, quick sharp."

OriginalSix
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Yomei on Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:14 pm

Anna looked as the man she had seen came over to the man and threatened him. The man leaned close up to the man.

"Yeah? You an' what army, bub?" She pulled desperatly at her wrist, but the man jostled her around.

"Now, I'll ask again. You-" A jab to his chest. "-and-" another. "-what army?" One last jab.

Yomei
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Derek Smith on Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:36 pm

Reaching the outskirts of Raugh once more Dante sighed a little tired from the Day's work. Running and fighting all day and running well into the night the Orange Eyed man was beginning to push the limits of his massive stamina. Walking down the streets he scanned the bars that where still open despite the late hour and the threat of mutant attack darkness brought, their light and music spilling out into the street in a cacophony that the Wanderer found unpleasant, use to as he where to the silence of the open wasteland.

But not one to bother with such trivial matters Dante carrying the groaning Bandit Leader into the nearest bar that had hotel rooms above it several of the patrons spoke up amongst themselves . They all had considered going after the Bandits but the risk to their mind outweighed the puny bounty the Farmer Posted.

" Sum' Bitch captured ole Blackblade. Who is he?" One of three men playing poker asked his fellow card players.

" It's that Demon whats his name...Dante that be it." The second player said after some thinking.

" He don't look like no Demon I ever seen." The third player

" I only heard tell of him from some Traveling Medicine peddler who told me about some Orange Eyed Demon who killed the Entire Jaundice Lancers single handed. Son of Bitch over there matches the description right down to the Orange Eyes. How many Orange Eyed Demons can there be in this hellhole?" The second player replied to the third's words.

" Who ever he is he ain't human. No Human could take on Blackblade and live to tell the tale. Let alone take him prisoner. and to boot keep him a prisoner." The first said in a tone of awe and some jealously tinged tones. He had taken on Blackblade once and lost two fingers in the duel.

Paying them no attention Dante strode straight to the Bartender.

" I am going to need a Room for two, how much for the night. " He asked with a polite and even tone despite occasionally telling his captive to shut the f up and to stop squirming.

" You need to talk to Delia, Delia you horse faced slut you got a customer." The Bartender roared before going back to wipe down his counter.

" Yeah Yeah feeble old man who can't even get it up. Anyways what can I do for ya honey." Delia spoke addressing Dante with the last bit.

" I need a room for two for the night....a clean one." Dante answered.

" A room will cost ya 1200 credz for the night." Delia said without a beat.

" Fine, here , keep the change." Dante said tossing a 2000 credz chip down. Then taking his key one handed from from Delia he marched up with his Bounty to the rooms on the second floor, an somewhat ugly building as the town was somewhat ugly it was a plain building made of salvaged materials and thus he was little disappointed when he saw his room held nothing but a bed and a nightstand with a small reading lamp. Rather clean given the seedy reputation of such places he Threw the bounty clean across the room against the wall. Blackblade hit the wall with a juicy sounding dull thump and a loud groan.

" Yeah keep quiet and I might try to make the farmer give you a quick death. Make even a peep and I'll show you what really hurts." Dante threatened before falling back on the bed. Adjusting his weapons he let himself fall into more of a long nap. He was aware of the bandit leader Blackblade's forced quiet breathing, the steps of someone climbing the stairs and going into a different room. Then after a few hours the quiet steps of someone trying to be quiet coming up the stairs then the same person going back down the stairs.

Derek Smith
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby OriginalSix on Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:34 am

Jerichos grin widened as the other man leant in close, nose wrinkling slightly as the stench of the mans breath washed over him. Apparently this uncultured cretin thought he had game. The guy came forwards, knife point wavering in the night air.

"Yeah, you an' what army, bub."

Jericho was already moving as the knife jabbed at his chest, a sliding backstep putting him out of the weapons range. Another relaxed step backwards dodging the second slash. With the knife still coming at him, a thin tremor of doubt flashed through Jerichos eyes. The thugs face flushed in triumph, overconfidence driving him forwards, overextending himself as he put his whole weight behind the last, lunging, thrust.

That was all Jericho needed. A simple sidestep, and his left arm slammed down on the mans outstretched wrist, sending the knife clattering to the floor a few feet away. Disarmed, the drunken fool had a second to realise his mistake, confusion sullying his features, before Jerichos right hand came up and forward, the heel of his hand driving square into the other mans face.

Arms flailing, leaving the girl free, the thug stumbled backwards, blood pouring from his shattered nose. It was the work of a moment for Jericho to step forwards and swing his leg in a low kick aimed at the guys knee. Something gave and the thug toppled sideways, crashing down onto the pavement.

Contempt in his eyes, he turned from the prone figure, facing the zombie girl.

"There, all better..." A low groan from the thug interrupted his speech. Frowning slightly, Jericho lashed out backwards, his heel connecting with the mans stomach.

"Quiet, you, I'm talking." Giving the girl a wan smile, he continued. "As I was saying, all better now, yes." Narrowing his eyes slightly, Jericho gestured with one hand at the man lying behind him. "I'll leave this gentlemans fate in your hands, my dear."

He strode past her, barely even glancing her way as he passed. A few feet behind her, he paused. Turning again, he fixed the girl with an unblinking stare. "Actually, you can do something for me. I'm looking for a man called Ryder. I dont suppose you'd have heard anything interesting you could tell me, hm?"

OriginalSix
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Afterman on Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:18 pm

Ryder looked at Liam with a look of pure disbelief. "You actually took payment to help a murderer?" he said astounded. Ryder looked at the man he called his rival. He couldn't believe after all these years he would stoop that low. Even if it meant going broke. Ryder tugged himself free from Liam's grip.
"Furthermore", he continued, "I don't want, or need for that matter, your help".
He walked away from Liam, only turning to look over his shoulder and say "You should be ashamed, Liam".
After that Ryder walked away, looking for Reed on his own.

The Afterman
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Lifegiver Person of Interest

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!