Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Wasteland [IC]

a topic in Futuristic Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based in the future of any sort, use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

Wasteland [IC]

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Afterman on Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:43 pm

For OOC: wasteland-ooc-t32614.html

Ryder sat in the corner of the bar. Two men chatted away in the center. "I'm tellin' ya, the guy has no soul! He'll kill anyone that needs killin'! He's worse n' a merc some say!" one proclaimed, "he's a damn demon!"
"That's bullshit! He's a human just like you n' me! I could kill him right now if I saw him!"
"You're crazyer n' shit! He'd tear ya apart 'fore you knew what ta do with yerself!"
The two men talked away. And Ryder listened. He knew they were talking about him. Everyone talked about him that way. Ryder was a bounty hunter. He killed whoever needed to be killed, and no extreme was too extreme. Right now, those two were his targets. He held his fingers up in a peace sign to the bartender, and the barman ducked under the counter.
Ryder stood. "You boys come here often?" he asked.

"But are you gonna kill her off?"
"It's not your decision. I love the character, she stays!"
"Yeah, well the only thing love's done is put you in this position; I say kill her off!"
"Yeah, but you say a lot of things -and how's that work? You're a bicycle."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

The Afterman
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Lifegiver Person of Interest

Re: Wasteland [IC]

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby wolfangel26 on Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:51 pm

It was a rugged little bar, to say the least, but Angela couldn't care less. Sitting at the bar, she gulped back another shot of jack as she grabbed a cigarette from her duster, stuck it between her lips, and lit the match. Taking a drag, she tossed the smothered match to the ground as she leaned forward on the bar.
Signaling the bartender for another shot, he gave her a sideways glance.

"That's you fourth, ma'am," he warned hesitantly.

Angela smirked and gave a light shrug, "As long as I pay you, what the hell do you care?"

The bartender didn't reply, but the look in his eyes as he poured her five drink gave the impression he wasn't looking for trouble. She gave him a polite nod of thanks as she swallowed he fifth shot with no problem. She had a good system, if she did say so herself.
She noticed the bartender's attention was on the somewhat rowdy conversation going on behind her. Some guys ranting about some killer or something, not that she cared. She noted a man from the corner who kept to himself approach them and say something. She saw the bartender duck under the counter and swore to herself. She was not in the mood for this. Not today. She glanced to the man the bartender feared so much. Bounty Hunter. Wasn't hard to spot, even in this town. Taking another drag from her cigarette, she returned her attention to the bar.
Since the bartender was long attending his duties, she grabbed the bottle of jack and took another gulp. Maybe he wouldn't notice her. Given his attention was focused on the two idiots, she doubted he was too concerned her presence...even if she did have a bounty on her head....
"Humor is reason gone made."- Groucho Marx
"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity."- George Carlin
"It is better to know some of the questions before all of the answers."- James Thurber

Image Image Image Image Image

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

wolfangel26
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Afterman on Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:57 pm

"The hell?" one of the guys at the table said, "who are you?"
Ryder looked him dead in the face. "I'm your worst nightmare pal", he smirked. The two guys stood, hands on their guns. Ryder snapped into complete focus, spin kicking the bigger guy into the bar, and throwing the wiry one over his shoulder. He drew one of his revolvers from under his overcoat and pointed it at the man on the ground. "Any last words?" he said.
"Fu-" *BAM!*
Ryder put a bullet into the man's head, killing him instantly. He snapped his arm toward the other guy, who was standing with his gun drawn. The two men stared each other down. Ryder clenched his teeth, and stared with a cold hatred. He looked ready to pull the trigger.
But suddenly, his face changed. Distorted, as if he were about to-
"ACHOO!!!"
Ryder sneezed. This was too good for the big man, he aimed his gun straight at Ryder.

The Afterman
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Yomei on Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:59 pm

Anna wiped her blonde hair from her forehead. She was plowing a field for 10 Credz! The most she's ever made! She may be a zombie, but she has needs too. She worked swiftly and plowed it in less than an hour.

She went inside the house for her payment. "Aw, Fang, sweetheart, thank you kindly," the nice woman said.

Fang, as she was called because she lost her two front teeth first and ate with only her fangs for a while, nodded. The woman gave her the coin. 10 Credz! Hooray! She hurried to Arka, where she goes every now and again for food. It only took her another hour, but it was worth it. She accidentaly happened upon a bar. She was about to rush out when she heard the conversation. She sidled into a seat and listened intently. She was interested in everything they had to say, but she knew well enough to stay a few stools away, so she sat at the far end. When she saw the bartender duck, she was confused. What was happening? When they started shooting, she tried to crawl out the door, but got stuck underneath a table.
I've seen you.
Where?
In my dreams.
Your dreams?
Yes, I've dreamt before. Horrid nightmares, sweet dreams, even weird dreams. But I once dreamt of you, only for a moment, and that moment was all it took for me to fall in love.
~a book I've read.

Yomei
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby wolfangel26 on Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:08 pm

"The hell?" Angela heard one of the idiots speak up, "who are you?"

"I'm your worst nightmare pal",the bounty hunter replied. Angela rolled her eyes, knowing a bar brawl was imminent.

She had her eyes focused on the bottle, and was caught by surprise when one of the fools was kicked into the bar. She glanced back to see ths second, smaller guy on the ground with the bounty hunter's gun pointed at him. With little hesitation, he put a bullet into the man's head, killing him instantly.
Angela kept her eyes on the bounty hunter as he pointed his gun to the second guy who was thrown into the bar. The tension in the air was obvious. She was sure the bounty hunter was sure to shoot but then....

"ACHOO!!!" he sneezed. It took Angela by surprise, but her reflexes were quick when the thug tried to take opportunity. Pulling a bowie knife from her trenchcoat, she threw it in the blink of an eye, ultimately disarming him before she pulled her own desert eagle at him. Without a second thought, she pulled the trigger, and he fell dead with a loud "thud". Taking another drag from her cigarette, Angela walked to his body and took the knife she dug in his arm and cleaning the blade. Sheathing it, she holstered her weapon.

She tipped her hat to the bounty hunter and said simply, "Bless you."

Inside her mind, she was cursing herself for getting involved...but...couldn't be helped, could it?

wolfangel26
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Afterman on Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:11 pm

*BAM* *BAM* *BAM*
Three gunshots came from outside.
"God-" *BAM* *BAM* *BAM* "-damnit!"
Ryder swore. No way these guys found him. Not yet, not here.
He looked at the woman. "Thanks" he said, and rushed outside.

The Afterman
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Yomei on Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:16 pm

Anna looked up to see only the woman left. She got up quickly and headed for the door before tripping.

"Ow...." She rubbed her head, then pulled herself up and stumbled back outside. She still had her 10 Credz deep in her palm. She took it and placed it in her money pouch.

Yomei
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Orrin55 on Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:17 pm

"Mike Samuels?" The bodyguard jerked at the sound of his name and glared at the two men who approached him. He had stowed away in the dark corner of the bar in hopes of just resting and enjoying his lemon water. It was obvious that wasn't going to happen. "Whada ya want?" He replied, He was annoyed, but a job was a job until he refused it. He could tell tright away that they had different opinions about him, One radiated respect and kept a safe distance away from his Falcion, his hands clasped in front to show that he meant no harm. The other, well let's just say he was of the stupid kind. "This is the infamous Mike?" he could hear the disbelief in the stupid one's voice, "he doesn't even carry a gun, how the hell can he guard the boss?"

"Your temptin me to kill ya" Mike said calmly sipping his lemon water "Learn from ya partna here an' show me respect." Mike knew his voice was weird since he mixed proper with slang, but he really didn't care. Stupid however thought otherwise "Listen to him, he's a country hick, no way the boss would want a redneck like that." More disrespect, Mike was already gripping his sword, he could've sliced the poor man in half, even with a table in the way. "He obviously thought i was betta if he sent ya to hire me" A sharp comeback, and the bodyguard swore he heard a vein pop. "Richard stop messing around." The respectable one said "We're only here to see if He would be willing to join our bosses gang."

"Not interested." the cold reply came immediately, Mike shifted in his seat and leaned forward gripping he hilt of his blade lightly, "An' i do hope ya'll don't try to kill me just for refusin, the bar's already been destroyed, hate to add more blood to it."

Orrin55
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby wolfangel26 on Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:19 pm

She heard multiple gunshots from outside and the guy rushed outside. Angela returned to the bottle in front of her, her mind contemplating the possible course of action she knew she woud regret. She shouldn't get involved. She had a damn bounty on her head, for christ's sake! There were thousands of reasons besides that one which she should consider before rushing into trouble without a second thought...

Taking a swig from the bottle of jack, she stood up from the bar and tossed a bit of money to cover her tab. Angela looked hesitant, as if she knew she should reconsider. After a few seconds, she sighed heavily, grabbing the bottle and headed for exit. She noticed a girl under the table who had entered at the beginning of the fray. She gave the girl a small warm smile.

"Don't worry," she said. "Just stay inside for a little while, okay? Things outside or gonna get...messy."

Stepping outside, she put the bottle in the pocket of her black trenchoat as she pulled out both of her desert eagles. Dressed with the coat and a matching, worn duster, her face was barely visible beneath the visor. Her black hair blew in the gentle breeze of the dusty air. A small smile was visible on her lips as her dark brown eyes scanned the landscape for whatever fun would come.

wolfangel26
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Afterman on Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:23 pm

"Well, well, well. If ain't the Reaper of the Desert! Get on your knees ya pathetic bastard. This is where you die!"
The Clive Brothers. There used to be five, but the two guys in the bar were dead, so that left three Clives left. Ryder smirked at the sight of these hillbilly trash. They weren't even considered a footnote in his book. But he'd taken the task to kill them. He wasn't gonna pass up 100,000 Credz. He tipped his hat in the older brother's direction. "Nice to see you, Jeb", he said.
Jeb was holding an overly bulky weapon. His hand barely fit around the bottom. An EX-Terminator IV Shotgun. Ryder hated those things. He'd been in plenty of standoffs with those in them.
He drew both his revolvers out. "Want me on my knees you say. The only way I'll surrender is when they put me on my back in a grave!" Ryder taunted.
"Kill him", Jeb said coldly. The three brothers opened fire. Jeb with the shotgun, and the other two with repeater rifles.
Ryder jumped and dodged around, firing off a few shots and using a water trough for cover.
"Shit! This is insane!" he said aloud.

The Afterman
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Yomei on Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:28 pm

Anna jerked when she heard the lady tell her to stay there. She couldn't! She would get killed. She moved deeper underneath the table and fiddled with her hair.

When she heard more gunshots, she finally yelled, "Why are you all shooting at each other?!"

Of course, bullets are loud and some things are best kept quiet.

Yomei
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sorentier on Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:29 pm

Malcolm sat on the roof of some building near the bar, taking apart and cleaning his rifle. A floor door popped open and a man came out with some papers in his hands. He was old and ruff, the look of someone with lots of experience. He walked over to Malcolm and threw the papers on his lap. "We just got a new assignment, apperantly someone wants us to kill two men that have recently come through town..." Malcolm opened the papers up and saw the pictures of the men he was suppose to hunt. "Hmph, they don't look that menacing and besides, it's only 1000 Credz, what's the worst thing that could happen to us if we just blow it off?" The man pulled out a smoke and lite it. He puffed smoke out as he spoke. "...And apperantly you don't know the bidget crisis we're in." Malcolm stopped cleaning his rifle and stared at the man. "You mean we've hit another cold session?" The man didn't turn to face him, but he nodded to show that Malcolm was correct. "This was the only job we could find for weeks, criminal activity hasen't been what they used to be." Malcolm then quickly got the parts of his rifle and quickly put it back together. "Think they're laying low for something?" "Don't know, whatever the reason, we'll need to accept any jobs we get, no matter how much they pay us." Malcolm sighed then got up and streched. "Fine, not like I had anything else better to do." He grabbed his rifle and headed downstairs to get his equipment. Before he went inside, though, he stopped and turned towards the man. "Any idea on where I should start looking?" The man then turned toward Malcolm to where you could see the ruff features of his face. "Most likely the bar, best place to start with all the crap that goes on there. Malcolm then nodded and went inside the building to throw on his equipment.

Once he had finished, he went outside and walked toward the bar. He then got stopped by the man that gave him the job. "Remeber, don't screw this up!" Malcolm turned and sighed. "When have I?" "I could name a few situations." But Malcolm just shook his head and walked on toward the bar. Deciding to just have people come in and out, he waited outside for anyone to come in or out that looked like his targets. To pass the time, he lite his own smoke and slowly puffed it as he waited for something to happen. Fortunatly, the walls were thin and hollow enough for him to hear most of the things that went on inside. Four men talked and one girl. From one of the voices of the men, he must've been the bartender secretly telling the girl to slow down on the drinks, but she just told him that it didn't matter, as long as she paid him. The other three men must've either been locals or passer-byes that decided to have some shots before they went to where ever they were going. "Not a very busy day for the bar tonight." He then just stood there, puffing the gray cloud from his smoke.

Then the gunshots came out of nowhere. At first they starled Malcolm, but he regained his focus and decided to take a peek inside. One man was dead while the other held a gun to the third man. Just then, the girl he heard had thrown a knife at the gunmen and shot him with her own gun. The man fell to the ground, just as dead as the other one. When he got a good look at their faces, he realized that they were the mean he was supposed to kill. "Oh dammit, someone else got to the bountys before I did..." Before he could give his shock away, he heard rustling nearby. He quickly pulled his pistol out and aimed it at the area he heard the noise. Then, some men came out of nowhere and surrounded him. One of them came up, fat and plump like some of the rich people in Duran Grand. "Your mercenary group owes me some money, i've let you saty here and I expect to be paid the fees." Malcolm inched a little backwards. "Hey, hey, hey, i'm only the guy that goes on the missons, if you want the leader..." "I don't care! If you can't give me the money now, you'll just pay me with your life!" The other men started to approach Malcolm, weapons in hand and ready to bash his skull open. Giving off an annoyed sigh, Malcolm smiled and brought his gun back into his holster. "If you think you can kill me, then lets see how you can make that happen. All the men charged at him, but in the blink of an eye, they were all dead, a shot heard for each one. Te fat man was still alive, but not for long with Malcolm in a bad mood. "Wait right there! I have powerful allies, you would be a fool to kill me!" Malcolm just stared at the man and smiled, putting his gun away. "Well then maybe..." He pulled the sniper that layed on his back and pointed it at the man. "...I am a fool." And the last shot was fired, leaving the man with only half of a head left. Malcolm then threw his sniper back on and looked at the ground to find his smoke crushed. "Hmph, bastard burned out my cig."

Sorentier
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby wolfangel26 on Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:30 pm

((EDIT)) ( Sorry, Sorentier, I posted the same time you did but a little later. I'll edit. )

Taking cover by the railing, Angela sat patiently, her guns drawn in preparation for a scuffle. She spotted the shooters, who she did not personally recognize but noted that they were obviously familiar with the bounty hunter she assisted.

"Well, well, well. If ain't the Reaper of the Desert! Get on your knees ya pathetic bastard. This is where you die!" she heard the say. She glanced at the bounty hunter and her eyes narrowed. Was it really him? She heard rumors about this particular bounty hunter...but she never dreaded she would actually meet him.

"This is not my day," she growled to herself bitterly as she looked back to the shooters. They were armed heavily, but they didn't spot her. They were too focused on the Reaper, if that's who he was. She took one of her guns and aimed it at the guy she assumed was "Jeb."

"Gotcha'" she muttered, pulling the trigger. She ducked back behind the railings before she was spotted.

"Jeb!!" she heard one of the brothers shout.

"What the hell happened!?" the other said. A small smile played on her face. Though she hated getting involved..part of her enjoyed it.
Last edited by wolfangel26 on Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wolfangel26
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Afterman on Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:37 pm

Ryder looked up. Something was wrong here.
"Jeb!" he heard one of the brothers say.
Now was his chance while they were distracted. He jumped out from behind cover and shot the brother on the left. He tripped the other one and placed a boot on his chest. He aimed a revolver down at the man's face. "Seems the Clive bloodline has run out", Ryder taunted. The brother laughed.
"Don't sweat it, Reaper. One day you'll get yours. You'll get-" *BAM*
Ryder put a bullet in the man's head. He felt the hot desert wind blow across his face as he wiped the sweat of his forehead. He holstered both of his pistols and looked around.
"Everyone alright?" he asked.
Last edited by The Afterman on Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Afterman
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Orrin55 on Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:44 pm

Boom... The sound of a shotgun echoed in the bar followed by the sound of ricochets and finally the scream of a man. Mike cracked his neck as he strode outside, lemon water still in hand as he flicked the blood off his sword and sheathed it "Nearly ruined me drink." He muttered "Bastards had a shotgun among them." He ignored the others and continued on, obviously in search of another bar. Finally he scowled and looked back at them, "Ya'll ruined the only bar in town" Mike shouted "How the hell am i supposed to drink, or even get a job?"

Orrin55
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby wolfangel26 on Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:46 pm

((Sorry to add an OOC Post here, but I believe I made an error reading the post before mine because I accidently misread the last paragraph! Sorry I'm on cough medicine so my reading capabilities are questionable. Let me redo my post once more. And also, I'm posting this in response to the first post where the Reaper shot the remaining two brothers, if that's okay :) My apologies for the confusion. ))

While Angela remained ducked under cover, she heard more shots. Apparently, the reaper took control of the other two. A small sigh of relief escaped her lips. The Reaper came out from his cover, and she did the same, holstering her guns and dusting off her coat.

"Is everyone alright?" he asked.

A small shrug and a smile came with her reply, "Fit as a fiddle."

Taking off her duster she ran her fingers through her hair and pushed a few strands out of her face as another stranger came from inside the bar.
He passed them and continued on, the scowl on her face gave Angela the impression he was less than pleased with their little bout.

"Ya'll ruined the only bar in town" the stranger shouted back suddenly. "How the hell am i supposed to drink, or even get a job?"

Pulling the bottle of whiskey from her coat, she took another swig as she shrugged, "I wouldn't say "ruined"...just...presented the opportunity for remodelling."

wolfangel26
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Afterman on Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:59 pm

Ryder chuckled at the joke the woman made. He walked over, passing the angry guy. He sized the woman up. She had saved his sorry ass twice. He felt he owed her something. "Thank you for your help, miss. Those bastards have been on my kill list for months".
Ryder felt thankful someone wanted to help him. Usually people get scared around him because he was a bounty hunter.
"I'm sorry, I didn't get your name", Ryder said.

The Afterman
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby wolfangel26 on Fri Nov 13, 2009 12:11 am

She tried to recall the Reaper's real name as he made his way over to her. Would he recognize her? It was possible, she had a decent-sized bounty on her head, but then, maybe he would see her intervention as an act of kindness and be kind in return? Somehow...that latter thought did not seem to have much merit. The Reaper was renown for being one of the most ruthless bounty hunter's in this poor excuse of a world. And that didn't bode well, for her anyways.

"Thank you for your help, miss. Those bastards have been on my kill list for months," he said.

"Don't mention it," she said, her smile remaining on her face. "I was in the neighborhood...a little spring cleaning never hurt."

She could see in his eyes he was sizing her up, but truthfully, it was to be expected. "I'm sorry, I didn't get your name."

"Angela," she answered. Then, the realization of his name dawned on her. "And if I'm not mistaken, you're Ryder, the Reaper of the Wasteland, to be exact. Fancy meeting you here, eh?"

Her general tone implied she was pretty upbeat, but her observation skills served her well. She, in turn, was sizing him up, too. Given the legends, Ryder was pretty renown, but rumors weren't always reliable. Never before would have fancied helping his kind out of a tight jam, but she brought on herself, she supposed.

wolfangel26
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Afterman on Fri Nov 13, 2009 12:18 am

"Hm. So you do know me. Well", he said, taking a bow, "I am, Ryder. Reaper of the Desert. The Wasteland Warrior. Hell whatever other name you care to give me is fine. Sometimes it's hard to remember my real name".
He looked at this woman, and somehow felt he recognized her. Suddenly, there was a ringing. Ryder pulled a communication device from his pocket. A hologram of an old man sprang from the device. "Ryder. I have word the Clive brothers are all dead", the man said.
"Sure as hell are, Morrison".
"Well, then, the 100,000 Credz will be put into your account", Morrison said.
"Well, Morrison, I gotta admit. I had some help. If you could pull out about 30,000 Credz to pay this woman here, I'd appreciate it", Ryder addmitted.
Morrison was quiet for a moment.
"Consider it done", he said. Ryder clicked the communicator off and turned to Angela. "Well, thanks again. I think I woulda gotten shot if not for your help".

The Afterman
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby wolfangel26 on Fri Nov 13, 2009 12:32 am

"Hm. So you do know me. Well", he said followed by a bow. Angela smiled, noting he at least was polite. Granted, she never heard rumors on his manners or lack there-of. "I am, Ryder. Reaper of the Desert. The Wasteland Warrior. Hell whatever other name you care to give me is fine. Sometimes it's hard to remember my real name".

"Ryder, it is," she smiled, bowing her head with the same manners. She saw something his eyes, like the lights went on in his mind. A cool sensation ran up her spine as he studied her, making her somehow feel he was close to recognizing her. But then, miraculously, she was saved by the bell. Literally, she was saved by the ringing of his communication devise..but still, the phrase fit.

She was quiet as he conducted his conversation on his communication device, the image of who she assumed was his contact for bounties appered. She wasn't entirely listening, but she heard "100,000 Crez" at some point and that peaked her interest. Her own bounty was 175,000...

Probably not something to bring up in a conversation, she thought to herself. At least not to a bounty hunter..this wasn't a popularity contest, after all.

"Well, Morrison, I gotta admit. I had some help. If you could pull out about 30,000 Credz to pay this woman here, I'd appreciate it", Ryder addmitted to Morrison. Her eyes widened and she shook her head.

"Thanks..but..I'll pass," she said nervously. It's not like she took on the job anyways. But the hologram's image stated it was done before the communicator turned off too quickly.

"Well, thanks again. I think I woulda gotten shot if not for your help," he said. Angela shrugged modestly.

"Don't worry about it," she sighed. "I'd think if you're the Reaper, you'd have thought of something."

wolfangel26
Member for 16 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!