Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Whats up?

a topic in Welcome Desk: Introductions & Arrivals, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

First time on RPG? Make sure to introduce yourself here! Tell us what you're into, what you're looking for, and how you found us!

Whats up?

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Revolutionary91 on Thu Nov 12, 2009 5:43 pm

Heyhey! Whats up? My name is Rev. And I have been RPing for a awhile now. But I havent RPed for awhile now so im a little rusty. I dont really know the format of the RPs here, is there a seperate topic for topic for Character Bios? And can you OOC in the RP? So if you guys could PM me something good I would like dat. Thanks.

:D

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Revolutionary91
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: Whats up?

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ylanne on Thu Nov 12, 2009 7:44 pm

Hello Rev, and welcome!

It looks like I have the unique honor of being the first greeter to welcome you to our humble abode here at Roleplay Gateway (unless someone else, like Brittany, beats me by typing faster. Which happens. Quite often, actually.)! (I've been first for the last TWELVE newbies here! Except the other ten where someone else beat me. . . But there WAS a straight chain of twelve new members whom I was the first to greet! Lucky me! ........*cough*cough* Ahem. On to my welcome message.)

My name is Ylanne (makes a spiffy username too! ---> ), and I am the site's resident crime writer. I'm also an editor and part-time teacher. As one of the site Mentors (blue usernames ---> ), you should feel free to drop me a line if you have any questions, problems, suggestions, or requests in regards to the site, your roleplaying, and/or your writing. I would be happy to help you in any way I can, in any way necessary or desired. I respond to all queries within 24 hours. Because you are new to this site, I highly encourage you to take advantage of this opportunity!

On to your questions: There used to be a separate forum just for character profiles. Now, we use the character profile system, located here, where you may post up to 15 characters to be saved on the website server with their own unique URL (their name, case sensitive, punctuation permitted). There is not one overarching roleplay on this site, but many roleplays, which are generally contained in their own set of threads, the typical roleplay having one out of character thread and one in character thread. General etiquette is to keep OOC in an IC post to an absolute minimum, and to post all OOC questions or planning (and profiles) in the designated OOC thread for a roleplay. The exception is the multiverse part of the forum, where it is one contained roleplay without rules (except the one on on X-rated content) and without boundaries between characters and universes.

For example, my roleplay Hazelton (link is the second from top in my signature, immediately beneath this post), will have two forum threads. The one with the link is the OOC with the roleplay introduction, a description of the setting, a list of rules and regulations, the 'character profile application', and a list of accepted players and characters. (By the way, it needs players, so head on over if you think you might be interested in a modern/realistic setting). Sometime next week, or shortly after Thanksgiving, or perhaps this weekend, if there is enough interest, I will post an IC thread in the "Realistic Roleplay" section of the IC forums, with a link to the IC posted in the OOC thread. Then, all accepted roleplayers will be permitted to post their IC there.

As for me, I prefer modern/realistic roleplay, and especially character-driven stories (so basically literary work), but am open to almost anything. The only setting I will never do under any circumstances whatsoever is cybering, or inclusive of sexual content beyond what is seen in a PG-13 film. I tend to be advanced/literate and write upwards of 500-750 words on average per post, so I expect the same from most others, though I see you too tend to write as much. However, semi-literate also appeals to me, so two paragraphs can work well too. If you're interested in private roleplay, just drop me a line. (You can email me at ylanne @ sorrows.tk (remove the spaces), but don't send any attachments, or your email will go unopened).

Feel free to check out the links in my signature. I have an interest check you might like - a warning though: it's all modern and realistic settings. That being said, here's hope you have a wonderful time here! The folks round here are great (well, 99.5% of them, about 99.5% of the time. See Discussion and Debate board area for examples of not so greatness). You can find practically everything here that you've ever imagined or could want to write, read, or roleplay - and if you for some crazy reason you don't see it, feel free to create it. We encourage creativity - it's the reason the site exists. Other than Eric having way too much free time on his hands!

Blessings and peace,
Ylanne
​“Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing.”
― Arundhati Roy

“The only way to survive is to take care of each other.”
― Grace Lee Boggs

“every day is another chance to practice living out the values that matter most to us. to be our best selves. to be the legacy we want to leave.”
― Mia Mingus

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Ylanne
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Person of Interest Storyteller Beta Tester Builder Cult Leader Concierge Tipworthy Donated! Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!