Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat ā€” the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

youth [ic/closed]

a topic in Uncategorized Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

Other roleplay stuff, either inactive or otherwise. Roleplays that don't fit within any of the other categories.

Re: youth [ic/closed]

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SaveYou on Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:45 am

"C'mon, Marwan; i-i-it's okay, we'll get y-you home," Erin said, putting a comforting arm around Marwan's shoulders, more than a little bit scared. She couldn't remember him ever being like this before, and she wanted to get him away from the carnival before he had a fit or something.

"It's okay, alruh-right? We'll g-g-get you home, you'll be fuh-fuh-fine," Glancing back over her shoulder at Noah and Erin, she jerked her head, as if to say "come on", before starting to lead Marwan away. She kept muttering comforting words to him as she led him away from the carnival, hoping it would calm him down, until they came to a fork in the road. The right was the way they went to Marwan's street, but something inside her whispered left, and she went left.

"It's alright, Marwan, it's a sh-shu-shortc-c-cut," She heard herself say. Was it a shortcut? She didn't know. But something told her, go left, and so she did. She couldn't have gone back now, even if she wanted to. Something else was driving her now, controlling her feet, and she just walked, still with an arm around Marwan. There was a lot of trees around them now, and she wondered just where the fuck she had led him in to. She wanted to look back, so see if Noah and Serra were still following them, but something wasn't letting her turn around to check. Streams of light were appearing in the gap between trees, and she found herself relieved.

A streetlamp. I am going the right way.

"Juh-just a bit fuh-fuh-further, Marwan, c'mon," She told him, and the relief she expected when they burst through the trees didn't come. Instead, confusion did.

There was no streetlamps, no road, no nothing. They were in a middle of a field, a huge circle surrounded by trees on every side. The moon had risen by now, hanging above them, but the light wasn't coming from the moon or the stars that surrounded it.

It was coming from the carousel.

Why there was a carousel in the middle of a field, Erin had no fucking clue, but it was there. It wasn't a big one, and there seemed to be no-one there to operate it, but it was lit up anyway, and music was coming from it. It was a song Erin recoginized, but she couldn't place it, and then one of her random impulses came.

Get on it.

She took a step towards it, half-dragging Marwan with her, but she didn't realize it. For some reason, it was a very good idea that the four of them get on that carousel, and she wondered if the others thought the same thing. There was no harm in taking one spin on it, before they brought Marwan home, was there?

Don't.

The voice was so small it was practically a whisper in the back of her mind, but it made Erin pause for a second. Don't? Don't get on it? Why not? There was no harm - this wasn't going to kill them, and it would be over within a few minutes. All she had to do was get on the carousel, and the others had to get on, and everything would be okay.

Stepping on to it, it lurched to the side, and she gripped one of the poles sticking out of the floor, going through the plastic horses on it. It was moving, and she slackened her grip on the pole. It was just moving like these things normally did, and she examined it properly. Brightly coloured, with mirrors all around the centre, she laughed, before turning to face her friends, calling out to them before the carousel moved her out of sight.

"Come on; one try, get on this, seriously! One try, guys, come on! Please? It'll be awesome, and we only need to do it the once, come on!"

That wasn't her speaking, she realized; she hadn't stuttered once in that whole sentence, and a spark of fear ignited in her, but she was speaking again, saying it over and over, more naturally - she was stuttering now as she spoke, so that was okay. Still holding the pole, she kept calling out to them, and she didn't even notice that the world was changing because the colours were all blurring in to one another, until everything went black.

She fell forward, her head cracking off the plastic horse, and it started to ache. There was a thud as she hit the ground, and even though she was rapidly giving way to the darkness, she realized something.

This'll happen to them if they get on. They'll all faint; they'll all go somewhere...

The thought wasn't finished because she finally lost consciousness; and curiously, she felt like she was falling as she did so.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

SaveYou
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ylanne on Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:45 am

Marwan let Erin take him by the arm, though part of him had a desperate urge to wipe her off of his body. His mind went blank and he tried to focus on one thought--I'm going home. I'm going home. I'm going home. That's right. Erin was taking him home.

"It's a sh-sh-shortcut," Erin said.

"No! No! No shortcuts!" He twisted violently in her grasp, but she wouldn't let go. He flapped his hands. There were no streetlamps. There was no road. "Oh god, where are we? Where are we?!" They were in a middle of a field, a huge meadow surrounded by trees. A strange light emanated from within, bringing pain to Marwan's eyes. A carousel. His heart began to drum faster faster fasterfasterfaster. Why was there a carousel here?

Marwan tried to flail out of Erin's grip, but she held on, moving as though in a trance towards the carousel. Inside, Marwan felt strangely uneasy. He figured it was fear. That and perhaps anxiety. Dr. Rainer would have been proud. "I have to get home," he said to the others. "I have to get home. I have to get home." But Erin didn't respond.

She let go of his arm, and Marwan stood there, rubbing it for a moment, while he watched Erin climb onto the carousel, her face alit with some expression Marwan didn't think he'd ever seen before. He closed his eyes for a moment, and then opened them, muttering, "Habeas corpus filings demand a writ of certiorari. . . "

"Come on; one try, get on this, seriously! One try, guys, come on! Please? It'll be awesome, and we only need to do it the once, come on!" Erin's voice called out gleefully over the meadow as she clung to one of the ornate horses on the carousel.

Marwan stepped backward. "No," he said, "no. I can't. I have to go home." But inside, he felt a bubble. A bubble of desire. It was as though a bacteriophage had latched itself onto his thoughts and was trying to alter his DNA sequence to match its own. Get on. Get on. There was a sense of urgency. A sense of demand. It wasn't his thought. It wasn't his thought. He had autistic thinking, Dr. Rainer had told him. He couldn't possibly have come up with that thought. Marwan took another step back. "Home," he repeated.
ā€‹ā€œAnother world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing.ā€
ā€• Arundhati Roy

ā€œThe only way to survive is to take care of each other.ā€
ā€• Grace Lee Boggs

ā€œevery day is another chance to practice living out the values that matter most to us. to be our best selves. to be the legacy we want to leave.ā€
ā€• Mia Mingus

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Ylanne
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Person of Interest Storyteller Beta Tester Builder Cult Leader Concierge Tipworthy Donated! Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby St.Jimmy on Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:07 am

Noah felt uneasy as Erin began to lead them away from the car park. He had been tempted to offer to go after the thugs who had beat Marwan up, but before he could, the other boy looked like he was about to take a fit and Erin started to lead them away, her arm around Marwan's shoulders. Noah followed, aware of Serra close by, but all enjoyment had drained from the evening as quickly as water from an upended bottle. He felt strange, something which intensified as Erin turned left, when he knew full well that the right way to Marwan's was in the other direction.

Falling off the bench on the teacup had messed up his coat, and he turned the collar back up again now, huddling into the warmth of his jacket. It was night by now, and not exactly cold, but Noah somehow felt safer under his coat; more himself. Hands deep in the pockets, and his fingers tight around the little bottle of tablets, he decided to follow Erin a little further - perhaps she was right to think that this was a short cut. Just when he was going to open his mouth and express doubts, however, he saw what appeared to be a street light up ahead, and his fears were alleviated. Electric lighting was surely a sign that they were coming back to civilization - on closer inspection of his surroundings, he now realized that Erin seemed to have led them into some sort of wood.

At last, they broke through the final branches and he came to a dead halt. There was no tarmac, no houses, no road with parked cars and lights on in windows. Instead, they were standing on the edge of a field, completely empty except for lit-up carousel, which was playing a slower version of a tune he vaguely recognized, but couldn't put a name to. For some reason, the whole thing looked vaguely ominous, and even that song, which brought back memories of being a small child, sounded almost sinister in the empty darkness. This sudden feeling of foreboding was not decreased when Erin moved towards it, and, looking back over her shoulder, spoke without once stuttering. He bit his lip, mouth still concealed by the fact that his collar was now zipped up over his chin. Pushing it down, he shook his head.

"I'm not so sure about this, Erin."

The carousel was turning, and Erin was still calling out to them. A nagging voice of doubt entered the back of his head - was he, Noah Armstrong, really scared of a stupid carousel? Seriously? An overwhelming urge to get on it suddenly swept through him, and he stepped past Marwan and Serra. One of the horses, a black one, rose and fell slowly as the carousel turned and he put out one hand to touch it, feeling the smooth plastic under his hand. The song was still playing, that jarring note of familiarity still troubling the back of his mind. Occupied with these thoughts, he didn't see Erin stumble and fall, hitting her head.

Mind made up, Noah stepped up onto the platform. One hand reached out and grabbed the pole to steady himself, but now he was feeling oddly light-headed. Maybe if he could just sit down ... yes, that would be best...

Before he knew it, he was on the floor, legs splayed out in front of him and his head sliding down against the back of the horse he had been leaning against. He tried to get up, but the odd thing was that he felt as though he was still falling, tumbling through nothing despite the fact that he was firmly against the platform of the carousel. If only that damn music would stop, he'd be able to think straight. As it was, his final attempt to sit up only blurred his vision, and then he slumped back, cracking his head for the second time that day. Pain exploded behind his eyes, but he barely felt it. Everything was just blurred vision, which rapidly gave way to black.

And he was still falling.
my girlies;;
laurenn ;; larii ;; laurie ;; charlie ;; becky ;; beth ;; illy ;; sessi ;; rachael ;; kiers

Image Image Image
may i waste your time too?

St.Jimmy
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DeeviousDemon on Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:11 pm

The sounds of breaking twigs, hushed foot steps - through the woods and onto a clearing, a field. As she stood there by the edge of wheat field she couldn't help but wonder what a carousel was doing there. Looking as if it was lost - the carnival was a few miles away now, this didn't make much sense at all. More over, it made her flesh creep. Everything about it - the time, it was dark ... the middle of the night, the music playing from the carousel seemed so oddly familiar yet she was sure she had never heard it before. Grey eyes wandering over the somewhat eerie scenery. The brightly lit carousel - with all the creepiness it might emit, had also a strangely enchanting charm which for some reason moved her body by its own accord.

She had subconsciously started to walk towards the railing of this festive looking ride, her eyes fixated upon a black carriage, yet she couldn't make herself speak. All she heard were the voices of her friends, Erin already on it, Noah following suit and Marwan was muttering something - as always. Serra stood there, eyes following the carriage, he body merely waiting for the right moment to jump onto the carousel. Unwillingly she had started to hum the tune which was playing so loudly from the ride. A swift breeze catching her locks, causing her to bop forward almost falling onto the platform.

A last look towards Marwan who was still standing there - not wanting to move she smiled at him like she always did before heaving herself onto the ride's platform. Walking over to the carriage she didn't even notice the other two - it all seemed like a wild dream. The vibrant lights, the music and a warm sensation washing over her entire being causing her to smile crazily. There was something awfully wrong about this but right now this carriage was begging her to sit on it.

Sitting herself down into it, she felt weirdly tired, exhausted - remembering she had skipped breakfast and lunch again, though this felt different. Within moments she felt as though she was slipping ... no ... falling down somewhere. Those dreams, she had them like a ton of times. Falling over a ledge, tripping over a step - falling, she would wake up in a second ...

But this time it wasn't like that ... she kept falling, deeper into the darkness - and the worst part was ...

... it felt too real to be a dream.

DeeviousDemon
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ylanne on Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:02 pm

(OOC: Sorry I took so long. Was with a friend most of the day, and returned to some Firefox issues. Namely, it lost my cache of my last session and all 25 tabs were closed. Now I'm scrolling through weeks worth of history to find them all. Some were, indeed, weeks old, but for some reason important. Having Asperger's myself, I have this obsessive quality where I need to know what they were and to find them all again. . . Grr! And I can't find the stupid cache file anywhere!)

First Erin. Calling to him, again, and again, her voice resounding until he couldn't escape it. . . Noah followed Erin, touching a black horse, the carved curves wicked in the glowing lights of the carousel. Marwan squinted. Serra. . . she was next. She moved towards the horses as though in a strange trance, her body lilting to one side, the expression on her face unreadable. Mysterious. Each of them collapsed into unconsciousness. A full rotation passed, and Marwan saw his three best friends lying unaware of the world around them, on the carousel.

Get on. Itā€™ll be fun. It canā€™t hurt. The voice was persistent, nagging. Even without Dr. Rainerā€™s constant therapy, he knew this was a bad idea. He could deduce that getting on the carousel had led to unconsciousness. It wasnā€™t safe. He couldnā€™t. And yet he found himself unable to move from his position. He could reach out with his hand and touch the side of the carousel as it turned, the music floating in the air around him, the lights and colors splayed out over the meadow, which he didnā€™t remember ever having seen before.

He looked around. His nose was almost to the carousel. He was drawn to it. What type of supernatural power is this, Marwan wondered. More likely, it was a hallucination. Or a mind-altering drug, the types experimented with to induce psychopathy, or for use as a truth serum, or. . . the date rape drugs, both of which altered the state of oneā€™s mind so that the individual was unaware of his surroundings, suffered from impaired judgment, released many natural inhibitions, and resumed sobriety without many mental facultiesā€”namely, short term memory loss.

His hand brushed against the side of a handsome ivory horse. Marwan was standing on the carousel, the lights whirling all around him. The music. The lights. The music. Strange, sad notes that stirred some sensation within him, some distant memory beyond reach. . . it blurred. His vision blurred, his thought process slowed. Iā€™m becoming unconscious, he thought. The same effect. I wonder what psychotropic drug is being

Then all was black and his thoughts came to a sudden halt, his body falling the way it did in dreams of long ago. . .

Ylanne
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Person of Interest Storyteller Beta Tester Builder Cult Leader Concierge Tipworthy Donated! Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SaveYou on Fri Aug 21, 2009 7:10 am

One of them was here; one of them, but the rest would get there soon, and then it could all start, everything would getting exciting, everything would get fun. They'd all start together, of course, but their minds were open and vulnerable here - easy to read, easy to manipulate. It wouldn't take much to seperate them quickly, but did it have to be over so fast? No; no this time, something different was in order.

This was going to be wonderful.

PAIN!!

The feeling of falling had not been just a feeling; Erin slammed into the ground, waking up and crying out, clutching at the arm she'd landed heavily on. Sitting up, she winced as pain shot through her left arm, but it faded after a while, and moving it didn't hurt, so it wasn't broken, anyway. God, what had happened? Why had she fallen so hard?

Where was she?

Looking behind her, she noticed the carousel - except it was different. Gone was the bright colours and the haunting music, it looked like it had been abandoned. It looked like someone had taken a sledgehammer to the thing; nothing was intact, shards of glass from the mirrors lay around the platform, the horses and carriages and everything else on it, they were all destroyed - what had happened?

Turning away from it, she looked at where she was; she was in the field, the field she had been in before she fainted, but this was different. This was dead.

The trees were all bare, skeletal branches extending up to the sky, but no leaves rested underneath them. The grass under her feet was wilting, and she sky above had no colour in it besides gray; no clouds, just pure grey, with no sun either, or moon, so what time was it here? She had no idea.

Walk away.

Oh God, that voice again; that voice did not mean good things, she had to ignore it before she ended up hurt again, or somewhere even worse than this, but her legs were moving anyway, taking her further and further away from the carousel; and further away from her friends.

Oh God, where were they? Where the fuck were they, no, nevermind, where the fuck was she?

She didn't know and an answer didn't seem to want to come to her; so, against her will, she walked - she walked, and she didn't look back, and she prayed that everything would turm out okay, and that she'd meet up with her friends. She prayed because there was nothing else for her to do.

She prayed because she was so fucking scared.

SaveYou
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby St.Jimmy on Fri Aug 21, 2009 7:48 am

Noah had dreamed of falling before, but in every one of those dreams, he had always woken before he hit the ground.

A bone-shattering crash resounded through his ears and his whole body felt like it was being beaten with a hammer. He tried to swear at the top of his voice, but the word died in his throat; he was more concerned by the fact that something had cracked when he had hit the ground. He'd broken a bone, clearly; nothing else made a snapping sound like that. Wincing, he sat up, expecting pain to shoot violently through wherever had broken, but there was nothing. On an impulse, his hand slipped into his jacket pocket and met a jagged edge of glass - it was the bottle of pills that had cracked. Nothing else seemed to be badly injured: he just felt bruised.

Where am I?

He looked around him, and his confusion increased. He was lying exactly where he had fallen over in the first place - although 'collapsed' might have been a more appropriate word to describe what had happened to him. Something had changed, though. The song was no longer playing and the carousel itself was dilapidated and broken down. It looked like someone had smashed it up in the few seconds that he had been unconscious - but no, that wasn't quite right, because it had an air of being out of use for years. And yet, he had been standing on it whilst it was fully operational just moments ago, and then he had fallen - and ended up in the exact same place, even though the force of his landing suggested he had hit the ground from quite a height, and the whole area was now in a state of complete disrepair.

Noah got uneasily to his feet, descending the carousel steps and shivering slightly. The trees on the edge of the wood were skeletons now, bare branches extending upwards into a cold, unfriendly sky. It was grey - just grey. No night, no stars, no sun even; just flat monotone that matched the wilting, oddly colourless grass beneath his feet and the trunks of those trees. He turned his collar up again, and looked around, but he seemed to be quite alone. Was he hallucinating? Dreaming? The aching all over his body cancelled out the latter option, but perhaps he had accidentally taken too many tablets? Could this all be in his head? No, that was stupid; Ritalin wasn't a hallucinogen.

Right now, walking felt like a good idea. The carousel was behind him and he didn't like having his back to it; it felt suddenly dangerous. Turning, he began to walk backwards, keeping his eyes fixed on the carousel all the time, heading away from the skeleton trees and the broken-down ride. He wanted to call out for his friends but the words wouldn't come; it just seemed vitally important to get away. He turned at last and walked with his face forwards, aware of the carousel still behind him and desperate to put as much distance between him and it as he possibly could.

Just don't look back.

St.Jimmy
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ylanne on Fri Aug 21, 2009 7:58 pm

The sensation of falling continued, and Marwan felt his senses and mental faculties returning to him at an accelerating speed. He supposed his body had reached terminal velocity, 9.81 m/sĀ². It was a common physics constant, one memorized by every first year physics students. It represented the speed that any object falling towards earth would approach, and, if given enough time, climax. The formula representing the velocity of an object opened with the figure for the initial velocity. However, Marwan reflected, he didn't have that figure. If one replaced a certain variable with 0, the formula would tell him how long it would take before he smashed into the ground. Unfortunately, he had none of the requisite givens to calculate that length of time, and certainly, he had no idea how much time had passed, or where, in fact, he was.

For it was highly unnatural and inconceivable that merely touching a plastic decoration on a carnival carousel would send him flying through the air. Was he still in the meadow? He reached out his hand, fumbling for nothing but air. Smash. With a jolt, Marwan felt his body make contact with the ground, jarring his bruised ribcage. He heard a snap and felt a rush of potent pain coming from his outstretched wrist. He guessed it was broken. Marwan rolled over onto his back, blinking up at the sky. It was grey and cloudless, with neither sun nor moon to speak of. He frowned. That was highly improbable, that neither the sun nor the moon would be whirling at an angle within Earth's visibility. And also that the sky would be grey without the presence of clouds. He supposed it could be smog of some sort, or perhaps condensation, but saw no hint to either.

After a moment, Marwan realized he no longer heard the strange, sad music. And the lack of bright lights was pleasantly conspicuous. Other than the fiery pain materializing in his right wrist, this world might be heaven for its lack of sensory stimuli. He breathed slowly in. . . and out. . . Just like Dr. Rainer had taught him. His own mind was in a blissful state, happy to remain lying on the wilting grass. In the corners of his vision he saw the trees ringing the meadow, somber for dearth of leaves or blooms. Barren. That was the first word that came to mind. When writing speeches for opening statements, Marwan had been told to use descriptive vocabulary. Despicable instead of terrible. Prosper instead of do well. Barren instead of empty. His creative writing teacher had said the same thing.

Get up. Walk away.

The voice, Marwan mused, was quite the same as the one that had cajoled him to climb onto the carousel. Clearly, not the best decision maker in the world. For he was suddenly, painfully aware that wherever he was, it was far from home, likely past ten, and nowhere recognizable. And his friends. . . he wasn't sure whether they were around here or not. Likely, they were.

He sat up. All around him, he saw the meadow, and the thought occurred fleetingly. It looked as though it was hastening towards death. It was dying. No leaves to be seen, the grass turning yellow and dry. Dust. The sky looming over him overcast without clouds or condensation. The whole place was slowly dying. Beside him, the carousel, its extravagant colors and lights and music now gone, broken, with the horses and mirrors lying in shards around it. The paint faded. All of it seemed strangely unnatural and dangerous, with the air of impending peril heavy around him. Wherever he was, Marwan felt it forebode evil. With Dr. Rainer's help, he had been able to identify and recognize his own emotions and intuitions. This one was practically screaming at him.

Go. Don't look back. Just get up and walk away.

He stood, hugging his right arm to his chest, the wrist dangling at an odd angle. One impossible when the bones and tendons were at their normal state. His body, Marwan was sure, was no longer maintaining adequate homeostasis. The wrist was broken. The world around him remained. The meadow was the same. But the surroundings were different. Besides the obvious lack of life, he realized this was not Shalebridge. Unsteadily, he advanced, the pain now acute and burning. But the voice had commanded, and, somehow, he found it difficult to resist. Strangely, a relevant Supreme Court ruling didn't come to mind as he shuffled forward, his feet leaving shadowed imprints in the dying grass.

Ylanne
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DeeviousDemon on Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:16 am

The feeling of weightlessness - what a wonderful sensation it is/was ... as she was falling she felt nothing. Numb and unable to scream or speak, her mouth not even moving when she desperately tried to. The only thing surrounding her, complete darkness. She could feel her stomach gurgling, feeling sick - a sudden thud ...

Waking up, she struggled to regain her composure. As it was right now she was laying beneath the carriage, the metal floor cold and smelling rather wildly. Twisting her nose, she planted both her hands onto the ground - pushing her upper body up, sitting up. Her eyes only showing her blurry images, nothing certain - was she even at the same place anymore? On the ground, there were a few shreds of broken glass and the carriage looked like it had seen better days - with its color coat peeling off, it all seemed ancient.

It all seem too weird, just a few moments ago ... how long had it been? A little frightened Serra looked at her wristwatch. Though it had stopped - the arms of the clock weren't moving anymore. Maybe the fall had broken her watch, still - the place was all dead and silently withering away. This was nowhere near to the view she had enjoyed just a few minutes ago. Further more - from where she sat, her friends were no where to be seen. They would have never left her by herself here, something must have happened ...

Her heart racing, breathing everything but calm she decided to get up. Wobbly she made it onto her feet - "Urgh!" grabbing her ankle she felt a sharp stab in it, her left ankle seemed to be a little out of place - limping off the carousel she looked around for a sign of her friends. The grey sky had something menacing about it - yet it was quiet .. the silence made her uncomfortable. Feeling the nods in her stomach getting tighter, she let herself fall back onto her knees - puking.

The whole thing creeped her out and now her friends were gone too - this was too much, even for someone like her. She never was someone who enjoyed horror and mystery movies and this was just all too familiar. After a while, and possibly having nothing left in her stomach - trying to calm herself, she threw her surroundings a doubtful look. What the hell had happened to her and her friends? Her head spinning, nervous and sick - she was quietly regretting jumping onto that cursed carousel.

DeeviousDemon
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SaveYou on Mon Aug 31, 2009 2:03 pm

This was brilliant. Seperating them hadn't been too hard, not that it could ever be; this was her world, and she could control just about everything in it. It was always harder to control something she hadn't made, of course, but that didn't matter; these four could be easily manipulated. One was scared out of her wits, which was always a good thing - the more fear, the easier they're led, she'd learned that a long time ago. One of them wasn't really in control of his mind - that was what it felt like to her. That wouldn't normally be a problem, but he could grab hold of it every now and then, and that made it her harder for her to get in to it. But there were three more, and she'd seen how once they'd all done what they were told to do, he'd followed suit; and control wouldn't be that hard to exert over them.

The other girl's mind was as open as a window; she'd be the easiest to control by far. Then there was the other boy, who confused her; she could tell there was something in him that she could use, a kind of angry power, but it was blocked. Well, shit. His mind was hazy, and that wasn't good; as soon as it was open, however, she'd dive on it, and stop him from blocking it again. And they'd been seperated for a while now; checking the watch that dangled from the chain twisted around her arm, she watched as the five clock hands ticked, before looking away from it again. It honestly hadn't been as long as she'd thought - but she controlled this place, she controlled the time. She could fix that whenever she liked, and she'd like to do it now.

They should all meet up soon, because it was less fun to have them on their own. They should all walk towards the Valley; yes, that would be a perfect place for them to meet.

Go towards the hills, she told them. Go towards the hills.

Go towards the hills.

The thought struck Erin suddenly, and she stopped. She didn't know how long she'd been waking for, but it felt like she had been going for forever. She didn't even know what direction she'd been walking in, because she didn't know if she'd been facing north when she got off the carousel. But she'd apparently walked west, and the dying trees had begun to thin out a little bit, and then they stopped being trees, and started being bushes, then weeds, then dying flowers.

Flowers that screeched.

She had stepped on one by accident, and it had cried out; an unearthly wail that made her jump a mile out of her skin, and she'd watched it curl up and shrivel before her eyes, the center of the flower with a gaping black hole filled with thorns that had served as a mouth; it had quickly closed, and the flower completely wilted as she watched. She had started walking again after that, arms wrapped around herself, walking as fast as she could. The grass had started to thin as well, and then she was walking on sand; her shoes soon filled with it, and she found herself walking with the small heels in her hand, the sand cold under her feet. It was grey sand, looking like grains of cement, and she didn't feel comfortable walking on it. She could see an ocean on the horizon, the only thing that looked alive around this place; dark blue waves crashing into the shore with a force that scared her somewhat; she kept well away from the churning waves, and now, that voice told her to go towards the hills in the distance.

She resisted; she was afraid to do as the voice said, but pretty soon, she was back on the grass, shoes on, walking towards the hills she saw in the distance. Trees sprang up around her once more, and she was careful not to step on any of the plants; soon, they gave way to small mushrooms that started to increase in size, until they towered over her head. She came to a stop next to one big enough for six people to sit on. She had to be here for... what? She didn't know. But if she had heard that voice, had her friends? That sparked hope inside her, and she managed to lift herself on top of the mushroom; crossing her legs, she glanced around at the surrounding area and wished at least one of her friends would show up.

Then maybe she could stop being so scared.

SaveYou
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby St.Jimmy on Tue Sep 01, 2009 2:36 pm

The haziness was back in the corners of Noah's mind as he walked, his back still to the carousel. No doubt the tablets that he had taken before leaving the carnival had begun to kick in, with their calming effect spreading across his mind, and he let himself sink into the numb feeling without a second's thought. It was far easier to wander along mindlessly than actually pay attention to the fact that either he was currently hallucinating, or something very strange indeed was happening to him, because this place was clearly nothing at all like the wood he had left behind. He was walking in a random direction, and all it seemed to be was skeletal trees and grey earth underfoot; he couldn't see a single splash of colour.

Shivering, he drew his jacket tighter around his shoulders. It was cold, but in a numb sort of way - there was no biting wind in his face; simply a dead chill. Had he been slightly more in control of his own mind, he might have been a little more afraid, but as it was, he was simply walking as though in a dream - and indeed, that was exactly what it felt like.

Go towards the hills.

The voice broke into his thoughts, bringing with it a sudden clarity. He blinked, feeling the calm from the Ritalin fade a little as the sudden impulse to head for the hills stole across him. His hand hovered towards his pocket; now that some of the numb haze was lifting, he felt more panicked; but no, not yet - he couldn't take more tablets just now. His hand returned to his side and he looked around. Hills? Were his friends at these hills? There in the distance he could see their outline; grey against the grey of the sky, their outline vanishing into nothing. His doubts faded as he thought of the possibility that he might meet up with his friends there, and he began to strike out in that direction.

At long last, he found himself moving through a bizarre landscape of mushrooms, which started out coming up to his ankle, but soon grew to being almost as tall as him, and then began to tower over his head. He shivered again, but this time not because of the cold, but because he was unnerved. The mushrooms loomed over him, somehow ominous, and there was no sign of his friends, and that persuasive little voice in his head had muted the effect of his tablets. He was just about to slip his hand into his pocket for more, when he spotted Erin sitting on top of a mushroom close by, with her back to him. He moved forwards, relief flooding him.

"Erin," he said, and his voice sounded much more afraid than he had thought it would; "where are we?"

St.Jimmy
Member for 16 years

Previous

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!