Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Zombies! - Do you have your plan yet?

a topic in Discussion & Debate, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderators: dealing with it, Ambassadors

Talk about philosophy, politics, news & current events, or any other subject you're interested in!

Re: Zombies! - Do you have your plan yet?

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Neonemerld on Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:17 pm

Simple. Barricade myself in my room with hardwood planks after gathering food that's in the house, then sit and wait out for as long as the food can sustain me, then arm myself with the weapons I've gathered over the many years of life I've already lived, go outside and casually walk to the store. I would then take all the no perishable food from the store that I could, put it in a shopping cart and bring it back to my home, do a quick sweep of my house to clear the place of any straggling zombies, restock my bunker with food. Before long, I'll have run out of food for myself, but fortunately for me, my house is near a bunch of grocery stores, so I would go to the second one near my house and do that same thing I had done in the first, then I figure by the time that food's finished, the zombies will most likely have starved to death, or would have eaten themselves and dwindled their numbers down fair enough that I could safely lean the house and find a new hide out near other food sources. I would then live out the rest of my happy, zombie-free life in peace playing xbox 360 with power saved up in a battery that I charge daily using a modified tracker engine that runs off of bio-fuel (AKA zombie juice.)

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Neonemerld
Member for 13 years
Promethean Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ViceVersus on Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:26 pm

Seriously. Dai.

I. Will. Be. Killed.

;___;

Can I hang out with you, plox?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

ViceVersus
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Lifegiver Visual Appeal Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Daimayo on Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:08 pm

I am an anti-zombie fiend. I would protect you and let you into my safehouse of fantasticalness just so long as you promise to pay me back by giving me a running playlist to my zombie slaying!

Imagine, you strumming on the guitar in time to me attacking swarms of zombies with a cricket bat. It's like the most perfect day ever.

Daimayo
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ViceVersus on Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:09 pm

It might degenerate into me swinging the guitar around and just crying hysterically, though.

ViceVersus
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Lifegiver Visual Appeal Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CriminalMinds on Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:41 pm

I won't be protecting anyone. It's a dog eat dog world and no one is coming under my wing >_>

You can all go try playing dead yourselves. Because I won't be helping <_<

/selfishness!

<333

CriminalMinds
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Arc Warden Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Irish Wolf on Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:43 pm

Crim! How can you be so cruel! I would totally help you when zombies try to take over!
Its easy to be brave behind a castle wall
Twelve highlanders and a bagpipe make a rebellion
A king's son is no nobler then the food he eats

Irish Wolf
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CriminalMinds on Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:53 pm

Do you really think you'd come to me needing help in the first place?

I don't think anyone would come to me asking for help, or I'd be the last one alive (other than yourself) before anyone came to ask lol. Which would prove my genius plan worked. In which case, then I might reconsider. After all, if I'm the last person and someone coming for my help is also around. They may need saving, especially if we need to repopulate. And of course, I may need a partner in crime to over come the sudden zombie population.

Now I might need to rethink my route and final strategy to include a partner.

Thanks for making me realise this. <3 Though it may not ensure your survival. Money will though <_<

CriminalMinds
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Arc Warden Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Irish Wolf on Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:55 pm

ROFL

Your welcome Crim.

Irish Wolf
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CriminalMinds on Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:56 pm

And another thought, I need create a questionnaire, to make sure you'll meet my approval in case such a thing should happen. As well as one to make sure you are not a zombie pretending to be alive as a way to trick me and ensure my fall. I can't have that happening.

CriminalMinds
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zephyr on Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:44 pm

Dude... XD
I've got such an elaborate plan, it's almost painful...
And definitely waaay too long to type.
Hello, friends...

Zephyr
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Contributor Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Daimayo on Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:46 pm

DO IT. NOW. I COMMAND YOU.

Daimayo
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zephyr on Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:20 pm

Gahnuuuu... I'll be up all night typing it out. D:
Maybe tomorrow, when I'm feeling less lazy...
Oh, and btw, I already have like 3/4 of the gear I'd need for my plan, too... Which, once you hear what said gear is, you will probably find absolutely hilarious.

Zephyr
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Contributor Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ViceVersus on Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:21 pm

I demand pictures, or it didn't happen.

ViceVersus
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zephyr on Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:22 pm

Lol when I write it out, sure. :p

Also, doesn't that rule only apply to meeting girls/having them over?

Zephyr
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aniihya on Sun Feb 06, 2011 4:30 pm

I would get out my blueprints from my science project and built a railgun out of many magnets, a pipe, a couple rods, a trigger mechanism and two car batteries. (I got in conflict with the law because of this and had to immediately destroy it.) Then I would grab my chinese rapiers from my wall, pack up and leave and eventually become a cannibal.
Everybody! Unless you have been in a roleplay with me in the past and were loyal to it, do not PM or text me about joining your RP.

I do NOT do Pokemon, Yugioh, WoW or any such RPs.

Please be aware of this.

Aniihya
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Tipworthy Tipworthy Visual Appeal Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby WhiteSwan on Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:11 pm

Loot the local gunstore and then barricade myself in a Target. :P

WhiteSwan
Member for 13 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gado on Sun Feb 13, 2011 8:23 am

I've actually had a zombie-survival plan for a few years now that involve some of my friends ^_^ (those that were deemed able to fight off zombies and/or contribute in other ways, like roleplaying.. one can not survive long without roleplaying)

Step 1.
The moment the zombie outbreak is discovered by us and/or announced trough television/radio/bunker alarm, we regroup at a specific 5-6 floor building. Everyone in the group has naturally brought lots of food and equipment (all they could carry), and has done their best not to arouse attention from other citizens that could possibly want to claim this very spot.

Step 2.
Kill the members of the group that happen to be infected, there's bound to be at least one. Altough, if they wish it, send them outside guns blazing for a good death.

Step 3.
Remove the only stair to the second floor (Which is removable trough enough effort) and replace it with a ladder or a rope. This way, even if Zombies enter the building, we have nothing to fear as it would be impossible for them to come in contact with us.

Step 4.
Move all our supplies up to the fifth floor, and gather all the supplies that were located in the building from before and move them up aswell. If survivors are found, throw them out the window discreetly. If zombies are found, shoot them, at this point it doesn't matter if you make loud noises or not.

Step 5.
Enjoy the view. Survive as long as possible with the amount of supplies available. If it becomes clear that food will not last with this many survivors (depending on how many remembered the zombie survival plan to begin with), arrange for food retrieval missions and send some of the other survivors out. Worst case scenario: Less people to feed.

Optional:

Step 6.
You've run out of food. Go out guns blazing into the crowd of zombies outside, possibly screaming something awesome so that if anyone happened to be watching this, and they'd survive the whole thing, they could make a movie about you.

Gado
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lukisod on Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:04 pm

I'll just watch the zombies freeze in -20C weather. Failing that, a quick axe to the head. If things get really out of hand I'll probably be called into work (army) and it'll be a relatively simple clean up job from a LAV3.
"Perhaps we should perform a study on the effectiveness of studies?"

Lukisod
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zephyr on Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:45 pm

Us Canadians do have the advantage.

Zephyr
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BriaLangston on Sun Feb 20, 2011 7:04 am

Well, my approach is slightly more humorous then others. It's basically because I think most people in zombie movies are just plain idiots. So don't take this too seriously.

First, I get every gun and all the ammo I can.

Then, I find the other survivors. Depending on how much I like them, I tell them how to group up. People I don't like or are very slow, get the back of the group. People I do like, are fast, or are useful to me get the front. That way, if we're chased, the zombies can get the slow ones and we can trip the evil ones. (I know, it sounds horrible, but you know that one person that always treated you horrible, no matter what happened in life? Yeah, you all know you'd trip them when the zombies were coming. I know your thinking it. XD)

Then, get to a large building with plenty of supplies and lock it up, get on the roof with some popcorn and watch the idiots run by that don't have a plan or can't figure out to shoot the freaking head! (You don't know how many times I watch zombie movies and spend half the time yelling at the screen for them to shoot the head.)
"The greater the obstacle, the more the glory in overcoming it."
Moliere

BriaLangston
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Previous

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!