Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Zombies! - Do you have your plan yet?

a topic in Discussion & Debate, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderators: dealing with it, Ambassadors

Talk about philosophy, politics, news & current events, or any other subject you're interested in!

Re: Zombies! - Do you have your plan yet?

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ununseptium on Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:25 pm

The first plan is to evacuate with everyone else. Should that fail, I will probably hole up in the closest Publix/Really Big Store That Probably Has Tons Of Food. If that fails for whatever reason, I'm already dead, so there's no point in planning past that.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Ununseptium
Member for 14 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DreamingForever on Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:31 pm

No one has said the obvious plan yet (at least, I don't think they have).

I'm going to let the zombies get me then I shall become their Queen Zombie. I'll rule them all and slowly take over the world, one city at a time ^_^
The name seems rather ironic if I’m an insomniac, doesn’t it? :3

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

DreamingForever
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kestrel on Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:22 am

http://www.cracked.com/article_18683_7- ... ickly.html

Lock yourself in a basement with food for a week and you'll be fine.
Do you come from a land down under?
Where women glow and men plunder?
Can't you hear, can't you hear the thunder?
You better run, you better take cover.

Kestrel
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Daimayo on Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:07 am

I love Cracked XD and I've totally already read that article

Regardless! This is a fiction writing website and as such I void your arguments Kestrel.
I will not let simple -fact- get in the way of my conquest for zombie plans!

Daimayo
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Daimayo on Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:51 am

Dunno if any one of you have done these before but... Here is my zombie survival grid!

(If y'all are wondering, that armour is made of doritos. Oh yeah.)

Daimayo
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ObscuredMarionette on Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:32 pm

Well, as soon as zombies start showing up on the tv, radio,etc... I'm going to go out, raid a grocery store in a little desolate town, come back, barter with someone for their boat (with said food) and just live on the boat... Unless the zombie disease get into the fish, I'll just float along, catching what I can.

Natural disaster comes along and ruins everything? Kill me in the process? .... Oh well, didn't die from zombies ='D

ObscuredMarionette
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MJG on Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:41 pm

Pfft, these are all horrible idea's. In my Zombie Plan, I'm gonna go to Alaska. See Zombie's have no body heat, so they'd freeze into Zombie-cicles. It's perfect!

MJG
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Skallagrim on Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:41 am

Well we all know that Tiko is immune to the virus that starts the whole zombie thing, so if we can keep her alive and synthesize a cure from her blood we can survive. But that requires a) surviving long enough to find her and b) be medically adept enough to develop the cure before the zombies sweep over the hospital.
The writer who cares more about words than about characters, action, setting, atmosphere is unlikely to create a vivid and continuous dream; he gets in his own way too much; in his poetic drunkenness, he can't tell the cart- and its cargo- from the horse.
John Gardner

Skallagrim
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Contributor Visual Appeal Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sheoul on Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:13 am

I've had a genuine plan ready for about 2 years now.

I'd get essential supplies such as canned foods and water, some clothes, sleeping bag, that sort of stuff. Then I'd go to the nearest store and look for any batteries, torches, candy bars (gotta keep your energy up!), and anything else that might be useful. After that, I'd move to the shopping mall and see if there's any hordes. If it looks clear enough to make a quick entry and exit, I'd loot there as well, looking for clothes, more batteries, a blunt weapon if I hadn't got one, and misc but useful items. The main idea is to grab as many things that you'll need that aren't food or water. You never know when you'll need them or run into a person and want to trade. After all, money will become useless and bartering will be all that's left.

Once I've left the mall, I'd make my way towards the back roads, through the quieter areas, trying to make my way into the farmland and countryside. I'd find somewhere to sleep, maybe a barn, or if need be I'd make a shelter in a tree [zombies aren't known for their ability to monkey up stuff], and then I'd sleep. I'd probably move around a lot, too. Only moving at day, and staying away from civilization unless I need supplies.

;D

Sheoul
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CriminalMinds on Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:30 pm

I might try the whole play dead thing... Think that'll work?

CriminalMinds
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Arc Warden Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Daimayo on Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:45 pm

You, madam, are a genius.

Daimayo
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CriminalMinds on Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:55 am

I know. I'm glad others are starting to recognise it to.

CriminalMinds
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Arc Warden Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gasmask on Sat Jan 22, 2011 2:31 pm

I'll just hire Geralt of Rivia.
[left]Image[left]
Tiko says:
I still wanna punch him in the face
Mid says: Gas 1, Mid 0.

Gasmask
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Party Starter Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Irish Wolf on Sat Jan 22, 2011 4:11 pm

I do have a plan.

Step 1.

Gather weapons and supplies from around the house (axes, pry-bar, shovel, .32 pocket revolver, canned foodstuffs, water bottles, ect)

Step 2.

Meet up with my best friend/family members/others

Step 3.

Raid nearest walmarts/pawnshops/gunshops for more supplies

Step 4.

Travel to nearest mountains and hole up.

Step 5.

Wait until the zombies all rot to pieces

Step 6.

Breed and rebuild civilization.
Its easy to be brave behind a castle wall
Twelve highlanders and a bagpipe make a rebellion
A king's son is no nobler then the food he eats

Irish Wolf
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Script on Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:05 am

I'll just surround my house with outward facing treadmills.

I should be fine.
Image Image

(03:04:15) Lialore says: I wanted to be the poo.

Script
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Donated! Completionist Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Lifegiver Cult Leader Tipworthy Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jackal King on Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:42 am

Easy. Canada :D

Jackal King
Member for 13 years
Promethean Author Inspiration Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Daimayo on Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:58 pm

Feel free to come up to Canada with me, Jackal... Keep in mind though, the Zombies here are resistant to cold, and if they happen to have a pair of skates on? Watch out.

Also, Sam... I love you.

Daimayo
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ViceVersus on Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:52 pm

I'll make peace with my god, and then be consumed. Like, really. End of story. Zombies terrify me.

Or I'll just attach myself to Daimayo, and let him save me. Yeah. Something like that.

.. But probably that first one.

ViceVersus
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Lifegiver Visual Appeal Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Isley on Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:47 am

I'm the Lieutenant of the Massachusetts section of G.L.A.Z.S. I think I'm set ;-)
Reality just isn't good enough...

Isley
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cap on Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:46 am

Become a zombie... what a great wonderful stress-free lifestyle, if you ask me.

I've been called a zombie based on my lifestyle choices before, why not make it a reality?

Cap
Member for 13 years
Author Lifegiver

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!