Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Anyone interested in an Egyptian/Roman RP?

a topic in Game Design Workshop, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderators: Ambassadors, Scholars

A forum for discussions about the general design of RPG systems and techniques for building good roleplaying games.

Anyone interested in an Egyptian/Roman RP?

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Egyptian06 on Wed May 18, 2011 3:25 am

I'm new to this site, but not to RPing. I've had some very successful sites in the past based on Ancient Egypt RPGs. I wanted to see if there would be any interest here.

Basically the site would take place during a fictional war between Rome and Egypt during an older dynasty. Egypt has a small upperhand in the battle. The Pharaoh is very old and passing and his son, in his late teens, is preparing to take the throne and inheriting a war in the process.

Please let me know if you'd be interested, if you want to help build the site, etc. THANKS!!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Egyptian06
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Lifegiver

Re: Anyone interested in an Egyptian/Roman RP?

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sunpeece on Wed May 18, 2011 6:43 pm

Do you know about the current archeological findings? History as we know it may be re-written because Sumeria might have not been the first civilization. Pyramids are being found everywhere in the world that predate the neolithic era and the Spinx even predates the Egyptian pyramids by thousands of years. Maybe you could include this aspect in your plot either known by Egypt and Rome or a mystery like it is today.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Sunpeece
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LawOfTheLand on Wed May 18, 2011 8:58 pm

Generally with history-based RPs, it's not enough for the GM alone to bone up on the material: Each of the players needs to have at least a passing familiarity with the societal structure and technology of the era.

Also, it should be noted that there was an actual war between Rome and Egypt, and that the Antony-Cleopatra relationship was real. Of course, the Roman Empire was just reaching the height of its power and influence at the time, and the Egyptians were quickly vanquished. If you want a real rivalry, however, Rome versus Carthage in the first and second Punic Wars were titanic clashes. One of the battles during Hannibal's advance featured a Carthaginian army employing a pincer attack to prevail against a Roman force half again as numerous.

LawOfTheLand
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years
Beta Tester Promethean Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Builder Donated! Party Starter Contributor Person of Interest Bug Hunter Streamwatcher Maiden Voyager Recruiter Greeter Visual Appeal Tipworthy Property Buyer Salesman Concierge Arc Warden Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sciamancer on Thu May 19, 2011 7:54 pm

I would be interested. I have more knowledge about Egypt and Rome than the average individual (Egypt from personal reading a while ago and Rome from taking a little Latin), but I'm by no means an expert. As others have suggested, basing it off a real war might be better. On the other hand, a fictional war gives you more creative freedom. It's your choice, I'd like it either way, and I'd probably join. Certainly sounds interesting!
1. Join ASCO
2. Fight the monster.
3. Protect the people.
4. ???
5. Profit.

Sciamancer
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Egyptian06 on Thu May 19, 2011 8:11 pm

I created the RP - it's called Mystic Sands. Check it out!!

Egyptian06
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Alessa Gillespie on Tue May 24, 2011 1:26 pm

I can be a fellow GM if you want. Im fairly knowledgeable in the history of Classical Greece, pre-christian Rome, and Egypt from the Old Kingdom up until the death of Cleopatra. I also used to be a Hellenic polytheist, meaning I am very knowledgable in the deities of Ancient Greece/Rome, and fairly knowledgable in the Egyptian deities. Not only this, but i've been DYING to do a historical role-play in this era and would absolutely LOVE to join.
"The fear of blood tends to create fear for the flesh"

Alessa Gillespie
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RedRaine on Tue May 24, 2011 6:45 pm

If the goal of this is creating a roleplay shouldn't this be in interest checks? Or... since they started discussing about how historical egyptian roleplays are I suppose it could also belong here.

For the benefit of garnering interest for Egyptian06's roleplay this should definitely be moved to interest checks.
~Still trying to fit all of my dreams in a pokeball.

RedRaine
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Contributor Lifegiver Visual Appeal Greeter Concierge

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!