Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

We are Rapture!

a topic in Interest Checks, a part of the RPG forum.

Thinking about starting a roleplay, but don't have the idea completely finished? Post it here, not in the main OOC forum!

We are Rapture!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Conquerer_Man on Wed Nov 24, 2010 5:33 pm

RAPTURE LIVES!

As promised by my self to the Participants of Bioshock: Rapture Drowning, I am now creating a Bioshock Rp. While I do hope (and plan to pm) BS:RD's participants will join us, we will need new blood! That's where you fine folks come in. In addition to an already good sized cast, we will need new members to fill out other roles; which I will describe here shortly. I hope that you will all be Bioshock enthusiasts, but you need not be. Along with the immediate background knowledge needed I will be posting a link to the Bioshock wiki for all to read if they want. If you have questions, don't be afraid to ask for I am glad to help.

NOW THE PLOT!:

The year is 1975, six years after the events of Bioshock 2. The city of Rapture is in ruins beyond measure. Buildings are collapsing and what were once livable quarters are now loosing life support and succumbing to the ravages of the seas. What buildings are left are still being maintained by The Thinker and it's automatons, but slowly they too are breaking down. With Sophia Lamb gone, and her "Family" in disarray, the population of Rapture is dwindling. Splicers are too focused on fighting one another for their next shot of ADAM to have children and the non-Splicers left are too focused on surviving to bring children into their God-forsaken world. Little Sister are becoming a rarer and rarer sight while feral Big Sisters are increasing as the second generation of Little Sisters are growing older. Still bonded to their grown Little Sisters, the Big Daddies still follow their charges around Rapture; these duos forming dangerous teams.

KNOW DANGER IN ALL ITS FORMS!

While it is still anarchy through out most of Rapture, there are still sectors of growth; still hands pulling the Great Chain. Ryan Industrial Park is the last bastion of normalcy and sanity. The few remaining non-Spliced individuals left in Rapture have banded together with The Thinker to save what they can of Rapture before they all drown. Devon Genetics Research Company, a former competitor of Fontaine Futuristics, is now the hive of Splicer activity. Lead by a reclusive and shadowy individual calling him self Revear, the Splicers follow him blindly for their next dose of ADAM. Both are now at opposing goals, and neither can co-exists with the other. Someone is going to go down.

NOW WHAT I WANT FROM YOU!:

Dedication is key. I can understand if you can't post for a week and I don't want daily posts (if we have many people the action can keep rolling in different areas) either, though that is nice. What I don't want for sure is you create a character and not ever post. I want this to thrive and to actually conclude because I do have an ending, well two endings I guess, in mind and what to see this come to fruition.

Literacy is nice. I'm not picky about typos and what not as long as you are trying to catch them as you write. Length should be about a paragraph or two, each with four to five sentences or more. If it's dialog I can understand the slim pickings and we may designate chat as primary dialog spot to help out.

Probably the biggest requirement in my book is just have fun and be creative. I understand if you draw inspiration from something or someone not your own, but please no copy'n'paste characters or rip-offs. Fun-ness and creativity; live and breath them.

NOW WHO WANTS TO DIVE TO THE DEPTHS AND WITNESS THE SPLENDOR THAT IS RAPTURE!
Last edited by Conquerer_Man on Wed Nov 24, 2010 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Conquerer_Man
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Person of Interest Lifegiver Giver

Re: We are Rapture!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Guardian Angel on Wed Nov 24, 2010 6:45 pm

I'll join ya, old friend.

I'll bring Micheal back as soon as the roleplay is made.

Good to see you again Man

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Guardian Angel
Member for 14 years
Author Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Conquerer_Man on Wed Nov 24, 2010 6:55 pm

It's good to be back, hopefully we'll get the other Rapture Drowning members on boards as well as new rpers. This will be the epic Rp that Rapture Drowning should have been. Though it really was, but just slowed down sadly

Conquerer_Man
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Person of Interest Lifegiver Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Guardian Angel on Wed Nov 24, 2010 7:23 pm

Yea, though it feels good to get this train rollin again, even though its a different train altogether. :P

Guardian Angel
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Conquerer_Man on Wed Nov 24, 2010 7:31 pm

A train of sheer epicness. Finished Minerva's Den yesterday so that kicked me into overdrive to get this started.

Conquerer_Man
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Guardian Angel on Wed Nov 24, 2010 7:34 pm

I beat that not so long ago, I enjoyed it, wished it was longer though.

Guardian Angel
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Conquerer_Man on Wed Nov 24, 2010 7:46 pm

Ya, I loved the ending, specially the part where Porter and Tannenbaum are walking on the beach away from the bathysphere.

Conquerer_Man
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Anderan on Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:30 pm

I'd be willing to join, always enjoyed playing Bioshock 1 & 2.
Orly?

Anderan
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Conquerer_Man on Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:41 pm

Sweet, that's another, good to have you aboard Anderan.

Also on another note; I probably won't be getting that Fallout Rp up anytime soon, though I do have everyone's stuff saved.

On another note: People do join, don't let this side talk distract you from showing your love.

I love you androgynous crowd I keep speaking too! <3

Conquerer_Man
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wiremouth on Thu Nov 25, 2010 11:32 am

Yay. :D I finally got Bioshock 2, already on my third playthrough. XD Haven't played Minerva's Den yet though. Definitely joining up though. They should make a Bioshock RPG haha. Feel free to assign me a role, I'm not partial!

Wiremouth
Member for 14 years
Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Conquerer_Man on Thu Nov 25, 2010 3:53 pm

Awesome, I'm glad to hear it. You should try Minerva's Den when you get the chance. The Protector Trials are fairly fun as well, kind of like Spec Ops for Modern Warfare 2.

Role wise, I'm going to leave that up to individuals. Each person with have there character and it'll be up to them to show how they fit in the Post-Family, Post-Ryan Rapture. There will be sides and some smaller factions as well. I'll put those up when I start work on the Rp Tab.

Also there is something of grave importance I must speak with the androgynous crowd about. As much as I love Bioshock, I can not do this Rp with only a few participants. While I have right now four interested people, I Will Need More! If I do not get enough interested people to show support than I will not go ahead with this. It's not that I don't want to GM a small group of Rpers, but in my mind this Rp is going to be epic and so grand that it'll be looked upon with fondness when we complete it. I can't do that with just four fellow Rapturians and my self so I need everyone else interested to join. So please; Wiremouth, Guardian Angle, Anderan, and Rougeshadow, go forth and bring in other Bioshock enthusiasts into our cause. I can not do this alone, but together we can.

TOGETHER WE ARE RAPTURE!

Conquerer_Man
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tyle Kalrian on Thu Nov 25, 2010 6:34 pm

The splendor that is rapture? You've gone mad mate. XD I'd be happy to join, at least if we finish this rp I'll feel like I've finished bioshock in spirit. I still need to finish the first, always ended up getting distracted and then forgetting about it, haven't even bought the second cause I keep meaning to go back to the first.
'Any idiot can handle a crisis - it's this day-to-day living that wears you out.' - Anton Chekhov

Tyle Kalrian
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby at0micb0mb123 on Thu Nov 25, 2010 7:14 pm

Thanks, I'll join once it's made.

at0micb0mb123
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Conquerer_Man on Thu Nov 25, 2010 7:54 pm

@Tyle: You should finish them, not saying you have too for this Rp, but they are both epic and I can't wait for Bioshock Infinite. I'm glad to see you join. Bring some friends to the party as well.

@Atomic: No problemo, glad to have you aboard. Please let the particiapanst of you Rp know they are more than welcome to join.

Conquerer_Man
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Guardian Angel on Thu Nov 25, 2010 8:14 pm

When are we going to start, if you don't mind me asking? Pure curiosity speaking.

Guardian Angel
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Conquerer_Man on Thu Nov 25, 2010 8:24 pm

Well, I'm waiting to see how much interest get's drummed up. Ideally I would love to have at least a dozen to maybe fifteen or more participants (at that size I'll probably have Co-GMs to help guide things along), but I could work with eight to ten players. So when ever we get that many guys and gals interested.

Conquerer_Man
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby at0micb0mb123 on Thu Nov 25, 2010 9:25 pm

I'm asking them right now.

at0micb0mb123
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Conquerer_Man on Thu Nov 25, 2010 9:57 pm

Good, good *wrings hands in an evil fasion* all according to plan, MUHAHAHAHAHA!

Conquerer_Man
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rougeshadow on Thu Nov 25, 2010 11:21 pm

Hey guys. I am so in for this.of course ill be bringing in my ever favorite Big Sister. Though new name, Beta, Yena is no longer with us. i deleted her because i never played her XD. once this gets up. someone pm me the link

Rougeshadow
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Millionaire Lifegiver Tipworthy Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Conquerer_Man on Thu Nov 25, 2010 11:38 pm

Oh there will be a link, oh there will be. MUHAHAHAHAHA

Conquerer_Man
Member for 15 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!