Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Avatar: The last airbender (IC/Still accepting.)

a topic in Anime & Manga, a part of the RPG forum.

For roleplay based around Japanese animations (anime) and comic books (manga).

Avatar: The last airbender (IC/Still accepting.)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kaida on Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:15 pm

In the world of Avatar, four nations exist: the Water Tribe, the Earth Kingdom, the Fire Nation, and the Air Nomads. Unique creatures and remarkable forms of architecture are found throughout the lands and seas. Even supernatural beings have been rumored to be seen. Another distinctive characteristic is the existence of people referred to as benders. Bending refers to the ability to manipulate elements of nature, which include water, earth, fire, and air. However, one can only master a single art of bending.

However, there is one being, the Avatar, that is described to be capable of mastering all types of bending. The Avatar is known as the “spirit of the planet” in the form of a human. His or her purpose is to maintain the balance between the four nations. An additional responsibility is to be the bridge between the living world and the spirit world.

When an Avatar dies, he or she is reincarnated as another person living in the next nation of the Avatar cycle (Water, Earth, Fire, Air: based on seasons; Water=Winter, Earth=Spring, Fire=Summer and Air=Autumn). This sequence is also used as a reference to how the Avatar should learn the four elements (First, the Avatar learns his or her native bending. Then, the other forms of bending should be learned as listed in the cycle, ex: “Air” Avatar, learns airbending first, waterbending second, earthbending third, and firebending last)

In addition to the ability to bend all four elements, the Avatar has an exceptional power called the Avatar State. It grants the Avatar with the knowledge and skills of every past Avatar. It initially acts as a defense mechanism. However, by learning to unlock chakras in the body, the state can be activated willingly. If an Avatar is killed in the Avatar State, the cycle will cease. As a result, the Avatar will not be reincarnated.

---------------------------------------

Characters needed:

Aang: KayKay120
Sokka: Played by:KayKay120
Katara: played by: xxLilly
Zuko: Chris45
Toph: (Needed later)
Suki: (Needed later)

Lets start!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Disorder | Rating
Paranoid: Moderate
Schizoid: Moderate
Schizotypal: Very High
Antisocial: Low
Borderline: Very High
Histrionic: Low

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Kaida
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Re: Avatar: The last airbender (IC/Still accepting.)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kaykay120 on Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:42 pm

"I'm tired....are we there yet...I think Momo ate the rest of our food..." Sokka said, in one of his natural complaining moods, simply to kill the boredom of having to ride on Appa as they flew towards...wherever they were going.

"We're fine, Sokka," Aang said, with his ever-present smile. "We have enough food and, like I said, we're almost there."

"Yeah, you said that nearly 2 hours ago," Sokka muttered under his breath before eating just a bit, knowing they had to ration out their food.

Kay bit her lip, straying close to the wooded area around the Fire Kingdom. She slipped into the undergrowth, once one of the many guards told to watch her, looked away for a moment. She ran through the area, weaving around trees.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Kaykay120
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kawaiiwolven on Sun Jun 06, 2010 11:25 pm

Reishu sat cross legged on the ground outside of her little earth tent she'd made the night before. She had a map on the ground in front of her and was looking at it hard. She had no idea where she was but she had to be close to the Fire Kingdom where her father was...or so she hoped. He may not even be there anymore, if that was true then this whole trip was definately a waste of energy. If that stupid Eel hound hadn't run off I might be there by now... she thought angrily. Finally she folded the map and stood up. She gathered the few belongings she had and began to walk in the direction she assumed the Kingdom was in. If she was lucky she'd run into someone and they could tell her if she was going the right way, maybe they'd even know if her father was still there anyway.
-------------------------------------------------
Riku was in a room practicing her healing...again. She knew how to heal most anything but there's always room for improvement right? Suprising even though she did it every day she suprisingly wasn't bored with it. Soon she was supposed to learn more things but the teacher was running out of things to teach her which Riku didn't like the thought of very much.
For a pessimist I'm pretty optimistic

Kawaiiwolven
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby jlo12 on Mon Jun 07, 2010 2:50 pm

Rei walked quickly through a small pathway while in the fire kingdom. She just stole food from someone and she was running for her life, but Rei knew how to be sneaky. Rei ran to a dead end and panicked for a second. She jumped on a barrel and made a ramp out of ice and turned the ice back into water. Rei ran to find a good hiding spot and sat down. She was catching her breath and looked down at the food she stole and smiled. Rei thought to herself, I'll pay back later. Then, she started eating the food. It was bread, but to someone who hasn't ate for a while would think of it as heaven. Rei smiled as she ate the bread and when she was done she got up quickly and got back on the ground.
Please visit my site,
Vampire Knight RPG

jlo12
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kaida on Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:17 pm

Ikea Smiled as she moved the water back and forth it was true she was an Air bender but she learned how to bend other elements as well.

A huge shadow flew over her, she figured it was just a cloud but when she looked up all she saw was a huge flying bison "Hey I wonder" she said shooting herself upwards towards the Bison.

"How's the weather up here?" she asked landing on the Bisons Head.

Kaida
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby chris45 on Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:51 pm

Sho sat in the training fields just outside of town, he meditated while the hot sun beats down on him. The sweat drips from his face and then he stands up, Sho inhales deeply and then as he exhales he breaths out blue flames. Sho then turns and looks at his teacher. He walks up to his teacher who is a rather old man with a long white beard. Sho says to him " Did I do it right teacher." Sho's teacher smiles at him and says " your bending is excellent, you still need a little more work, but you will be a master in no time." Sho smiles and then bows, He then turns and walks away from the training field, he grabs his bag and starts to head home, he decides to take the route by the river

(I'll post Zuko soon,but where exactly are we starting)
What is a "free" gift ? Aren't all gifts free?
I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it.
He who laughs last thinks slowest!
[b]NEW RP BY ME!! JOIN b]
http://www.roleplaygateway.com/roleplay/of-gods-and-men/l

chris45
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby chrysalia on Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:08 pm

Rui walked back to river where she left Ikea for a quick moment and noticed she was gone. Rui looked up and sighed, "Ikea are you harassing travelers again?!" she yelled up to her air bending friend. "Now get back down here unless you want me to stop teaching you water bending," Rui yelled continuing her lecture.

chrysalia
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kaykay120 on Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:24 pm

Sokka sat up, pointing his boomerrang at the girl on top of Appa's head. "Who are you!?" he demanded, one leg raised and an arm poised in the air, in a weird karate-like pose.

Aang tilted his head. "Hi there!" he said chipperly before Appa swerved suddenly, a large boulder flying past them. "What the?!" He looked over the side of Appa.

Kay stopped her foot again, sending another large large boulder at the flying bison. She didn't know who it was, but it was her unwilling job to keep the skies clear from anything 'flying' object.

Kaykay120
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kaida on Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:32 pm

Ikea Looked at the Water tribe boy then to th water tribe girl and the little bald kid in front of her "I'm Ikea The last air bender Girl of my tribe" She said smiling at the group on the flying bison before hearing her teacher/friends voice yelling up at her "And didn't your parents ever teach you manners Water boy?" she asked holding a ball of Air in her hand and tossing it from one hand to the other.

Kaida
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kaykay120 on Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:44 pm

Sokka opened his mouth to speak before screaming like a little girl. "GIANT BOULDER!!!"

Aang pulled Ikea down. "Hold on!" He swerved out of the way of the boulder before looking down at the girl below them. She was wearing Fire Nation clothing...but she was an Earth Bender? He tilted his head in confusion. "Why are you attacking us?!" he called.

Kay's eye twitched. "It's not like I want too." She stomped the ground, sending large rocks into the air. She jumped up and kicked the rocks at them.

Kaykay120
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby jlo12 on Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:59 pm

Rei looked up into the sky and looked at the many clouds above. She smiled and layed down in the grass beneath her and imagined what some of the clouds were. Rei was definately acting like a kid at the moment, but she enjoyed her imagination. Then she saw a big whit flying object in the air and thought for a moment, Is my imagination amazing or is that really a flying bison? Rei smiled with curiosity and followed the bison. She really didn't have a way to get up to it because she was a female water bender from the Northern Water Tribe. Rei noticed a girl sending rocks at the flying bison. Rei ran near the girl and looked at her. "STOP!" Rei screamed. She didn't know what to do. Rei wasn't good at water bending enough to fight. She wasn't prepared for what could happen next.

jlo12
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kaida on Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:02 pm

Ikea Stopped the rocks with her air bending and kicked them back with a round house kick "Rui take cover" she yelled down to the girl as she sent the rocks hurtling back towards who sent them in the first place.

"Earth bender what is your name?" Ikea yelled from the bisons head.

Kaida
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Litria Death on Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:02 pm

Yuki yawned against the morning light, pushing herself from her bed and inhaling a great deal. Sunlight filtered inside through a large blanket replacing her ruined curtains. She stood, running a gentle hand through her blonde hair. She extended her arm, then moved it back towards her, a snake of water slithering towards her to clean her face; that's all she really could do with water, make it move through the air or across the ground. Many of the more advanced waterbenders could create different forms from water. She hated being such an novice; she strongly desired a teacher to show her how to waterbend properly. She sighed, pulling on her Earth Kingdom styled clothing and emerged into the bright world, taking a deep, lungful of air. She had to make this a good day...

Azula leaned back against a dark, twisted tree, one that was quiet similar to herself. She watched as Ty Lee and Mai moved about the court yard, daring each other to perform great acrobatics. She had a large, cocky grin on face, her black hair falling around her smiling expression. The shadows of the tree fell over her like a dark waterfall, making her seem more dark and distant. She began to fiddle with her fingers, fire licking the tips of her fingers like strings. She yawned after a while, getting the attention of the two girls. The two walked over to her, Ty Lee with a huge, friendly grin, Mai with her usual impassive expression.

"Come on, girls... Let's take a stroll in town.." She had a strange feeling that roaming around the Fire Nation would be a good thing to do, and, with a small gesture forward, the three embarked out of the court yard and to the gates, weaving through the vast forestry around them.

Suddenly, she noticed dark figure on the horizon. Motioning the girls to follow close, they easedropped on the people, trying to discover who they were.

(I'll add Ty Lee and Suki later.) :)

Litria Death
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kaykay120 on Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:08 pm

Kay gapped and smashed the rocks with her fists. "None of your business, Air Bender!" She dug her finges into the ground and pulled from it a larger boulder, leaving a gapping hole in the ground. She flipped forward, tossing the boulder at them.

"WHOA!!!" Sokka shouted.

Aang pulled back on Appa, the boulder missing them by an inch.

Kaykay120
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kaida on Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:23 pm

Ikea stopped the boulder again and flung it back "You guys would be better off landing this thing and taking shelter in the Village" She said before hopping off the Bison and landing in front of the Earth bender "What grudge do you bear against me and my people Earth bender?" Ikea asked the girl.

"My people have been dead for over one hundred years and you threaten me!" she yelled sending a fire kick in her direction.

Kaida
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby jlo12 on Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:26 pm

Rei looked at the earth bender and used water from the bag of water she caries to whip the earth bender. Rei moved the water and it looked like she was using an actual whip. Rei smiled to herself for bein abl to do this one thing. "I said stop," Rei said in a serious tone; which you don't hear too often.

jlo12
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby chrysalia on Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:29 pm

Rui waited but Ikea didn't come down then she heard Ikea say 'Rui take cover'. All the sudden rocks landed a little ways from the river edge where Rui was. Then Rui saw Ikea jump of the Bison and ran to where Ikea landed. Ikea was facing an earth bender. "Hey Ikea need some help," Rui said.

chrysalia
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kaykay120 on Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:31 pm

Kay backflipped out of the way, landing on a floating rock. "Like I really want to mess with you. As you see I bear the clothing of the Fire Nation. I am I slave to their will. And one of their laws is to destroy any flying bison and any Air Bender it carries with it." She turned towards the Water Bender and smirked. She sent shards of hard rock at her.

Kaykay120
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kaida on Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:43 pm

Ikea moved infront of the other bender "Why do you follow the orders of an enemy nation Earth bender?" She asked blowing the rock shards away from the water bender "Rui anytime would be great" she said to her friend before shouting up to the kids on the Bison "If you guys are smart you'll take my advice" she yelled before sending a fire whip in the earth benders direction.

(It would be cool if Aang and Katara joined in the fight.)

Kaida
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kaykay120 on Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:47 pm

Kay put up a rock shield, before throwing the large slab at the Air bender. "Obviously you did not hear me," she growled. "I do what they wish, simply because I must. If I don't, I will be severly punished. The Avatar isn't doing his job. Because of him, many Earth benders have been taken captive by the Fire Nation."

Aang jumped down and trapped Kay in an air bubble.

"Avatar!" Kay gasped.

Kaykay120
Member for 15 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!