Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

A Battle for Grabs

a topic in Battle Arena, a part of the RPG forum.

A bloody repository for combat. Get your adrenaline fix here: start a fight, find a sparring partner, train, or just spend your time studying older matches. Don't forget to record the results of your fights in the Hall of Records!

A Battle for Grabs

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby pantalimon on Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:44 pm

I'm simply interested in sparring with someone, preferably with middle-class fighting abilities. That's about my level, at any rate, if you're any higher than that it'll just end up being you that wins. >.~ My fighting style is...different, but fair in the view of most people. My character choice will depend on who you are, how you fight, and what character you're using.

~Panta
Too bad love is just a game.
But, I've had too much fun playing to quit now.
Maybe I'm addicted.
I don't think I care.
My tokens are all across the board...
And I'm winning.
>The Loveless Victor<

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

pantalimon
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: A Battle for Grabs

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ylanne on Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:37 pm

I would be interested; however, I take a while to post, and may take up to two weeks between posts. Do you have any specific guidelines, such as powers or lack thereof?
​“Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing.”
― Arundhati Roy

“The only way to survive is to take care of each other.”
― Grace Lee Boggs

“every day is another chance to practice living out the values that matter most to us. to be our best selves. to be the legacy we want to leave.”
― Mia Mingus

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Ylanne
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Person of Interest Storyteller Beta Tester Builder Cult Leader Concierge Tipworthy Donated! Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby pantalimon on Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:39 pm

Not particularly, but it would help to see the character sheet of any characters you may be considering. And, also, the timing is perfectly fine with me.

pantalimon
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ylanne on Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:45 pm

I am considering:

Amira Qahtani, who is a psychic and empath, with minor magical abilities
Ayasha Ziedins, who is a witch
Natalie Schultz, a nonpowered human FBI agent
Tahira Ali, a nonpowered human
Jahan Iskander-Dannaoui, a nonpowered human assassin

You can also scroll through my profile to see additional characters.

Ylanne
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Person of Interest Storyteller Beta Tester Builder Cult Leader Concierge Tipworthy Donated! Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby pantalimon on Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:53 pm

I'm liking the idea of Jahan, who would probably work well in a battle with roleplay/the-multiverse/characters/ferreway-degri/ that lovely concoction of mine. She's a mind-twister.

pantalimon
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ylanne on Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:02 pm

Provided Ferreway is nonpowered, because Jahan has no powers either. It seems so, from the profile, though I couldn't be certain. And about Jahan - his profile is kind of chaotic and confusing at the moment, so ignore the parts about Emanuel, Kwang Bin, and PK47, as these things have nothing directly to do with Jahan himself.

Are there other stipulations for this battle? A specific location, specific circumstances, post lengths, tenses, the extent to which forms of godmodding or metagaming are and are not permitted? And of course, the in character reason that Ferreway and Jahan are fighting, as the fight may not begin from the first post, but may develop in the first few posts, yes?

Ylanne
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby pantalimon on Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:06 pm

Well, given that Jahan is an assassin, Ferreway could be a hit? She makes a lot of enemies, doing what she does. She likes public gardens, also, so it could take place there. Tense should be past, post length all depends on how the storyline goes, and the rest is up to you (that's only fair).

pantalimon
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ylanne on Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:10 pm

I read through the profile, but I'm not sure if you mentioned what she does, specifically. I promise not to metagame without permission or an in character reason to have such information, but would you mind enlightening me on the nature of her work and associates as well as enemies, so I can plan accordingly? Also, once you've done so, feel free to write the first post, preferably Ferreway living her everyday life, whether during the day or at night, unsuspecting.... for the most part.

Ylanne
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby pantalimon on Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:15 pm

Oh, she's a news reporter, but in her freetime (which she has a surprising amount of) she insults people. Bothers them. Gets information. So, her enemies are everywhere, anyone, whomever she put the spotlight on both after hours and on-camera.

pantalimon
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ylanne on Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:32 pm

Okay. I will improvise with that. You can take first post. I will probably post sometime tomorrow.

Ylanne
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby pantalimon on Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:23 am

Ferreway's walk through the public garden was only to be the start of her magnificent day; she'd earned herself an interview spot with Fox News, which would be a fair upgrade from her current position as News Anchor for Channel 21. The station didn't even have a proper name, and it was local--two things she despised about it. She scuffed her heel against the ground, the silver ballet flats useless for the joy-running she felt she needed right now. She thought, for a moment, about taking them off and dashing barefoot about the square. However, in the end, she decided it wasn't worth it. Who knew what kinds of people were here, and if they had cameras or not. It couldn't very well help her get the job at FN.

She folded down, sat on the expensive marble bench along the side of the brick path. The bronze plaque read 'For Margaret 1970-2001'. It wasn't going to be very important in her life, but Ferreway did wonder who Margaret was. Only thirty-one when she died...Ferreway decided to look her up, figure out what had happened. Maybe write a story, featuring this 'Margaret'.

pantalimon
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ylanne on Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:42 pm

(OOC: Sorry for the posting delay. Send me a PM between now and Monday reminding me to post. I'm so sorry about the ridiculous length of time. This was done right around the removal of View Your Posts, which really, really has not helped.)

Ylanne
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ylanne on Sun Aug 29, 2010 11:50 pm

Ferreway Degri. The name given on a small slip of paper, typed, the slip revealing no errant fingerprints, from a dead drop outside the city. A week later, a wire of one hundred thousand dollars arrived simultaneously with a yellow manila folder, posted from Dublin. Inside was a photograph, and the same name. Again, there had been no fingerprints. Only a note, signed by the man who had lost the all-important 2008 election to an unknown challenger, after an unknown journalist had revealed years of corruption in previous terms. State Representative Timothy Jacobsen. In initials, of course, though the man watching the pretty young woman had established his reputation well.

He walked along the street, coming from behind her, maybe two hundred yards back, meandering at a slow, even pace. Dressed in a light blue collared shirt and khaki slacks, he could pass for any Indian computer technician taking a walk before work. Thin, wireframe glasses, a pen in the pocket, and a worn brown briefcase over the shoulder completed the look. Part of doing a job excellently was to become completely inconspicuous. This was his mandate.

In his ear, the voice of his partner buzzed amidst brief flashes of static, against silence. "Target sitting on a marble bench, next to the Margaret memorial," said a male voice, heavily accented with a distinctly East Asian accent, pronouncing the name 'mahrr-gah-rreht'.

"Affirmed," he responded softly, without moving his lips, so that no passerby would notice. He paused then, looking into a window as if merely watching the people inside, or the models decked out in thousand dollar labels, though in fact he was merely judging the distance from here to the woman on the bench. He would do it in the manner requested, though he found such blatant acts repulsive. Alexander and Lee had been chosen for a reason, and they were being paid for the work they did. Good money. Desperately needed in this mess of an economy. And the partners of Alexander and Lee were very good at what they did.

The man walking down the street moved on, continuing his approach to the young woman, until he was less then twenty feet behind her, still seeming to be heading past her. His eyes were on something in the distance, though his attention was on her and her alone.

Ylanne
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 16 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!