Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Btooom! Styled RP.

a topic in Interest Checks, a part of the RPG forum.

Thinking about starting a roleplay, but don't have the idea completely finished? Post it here, not in the main OOC forum!

Btooom! Styled RP.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hyunshi on Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:55 am

Right just an idea I'm going too post here considering I'm not sure if people will actually be interested in this for a role-play, basically I want to do a Btooom! one, for those who do not know what Btooom! is it is an Anime, much like the Battle Royale movies, only with Grenades only. Here is the description:

Ryōta Sakamoto is an unemployed 22-year-old who lives with his mother. In the real world, there may be nothing really special about him, but online, he's one of the world's top players of the combat game called Btooom!. One day, he awakes in what appears to be a tropical island, though he has no memory of how or why he has come to be there. While wandering around, Ryōta sees someone and calls out for help. The stranger responds by throwing a bomb at him. Ryōta soon realizes both that his life is in danger and that he has somehow been trapped in a real-life version of his favorite game.

Right, in the Anime/Manga you have too get eight chips, each person has a chip embedded in their hand which comes off only after death. You have to collect eight of them to escape. Now in the Anime there are more then eight, for this roleplay I think getting 8 will be hard enough as it is (If we get more then fine) Each person has a different type of Grenade, so one person will have eight grenades of let's say one that explodes upon impact, another person might have a vortex one which destroys everything which is in a meter radius. The grenades can only be used by the owner meaning if someone finds a dropped bag the grenades can't be activated & used unless the owner is dead, which to obtain control of their grenade you have to kill the owner. Only the person who kills the owner will be able to use them grenades.

Also, if this goes through each person will have to come up with a reason too why they were put on the island. The reason they got put on the Island was because someone who knew them received a letter asking if they wanted anyone to disappear. So you have to come up with a reason to why that person would of wrote your name down. Could be because you bullied them, possibly because you violated someone, or because of you someone was violated, maybe because you were selfish, ungrateful, killed someone or numerous other reasons which would lead someone to writing your name down on the letter they had received.

Now if you really wanted too, role-playing more then one person will be possible.
Now if I have anything else too add I'll repeatedly edit this (If I remember rightly you can edit this) & will include EDIT & the date that I put the edit in.
So would anyone actually be interested in something like this. Like I said if I can get 8 characters in this roleplay (Which if someone is RP'ing two people it means one less person has too join) but really if more then eight want too join then obviously the more the better. If I get the go ahead I'll find a map of an Island we can use.

Thanks for reading!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Hyunshi
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: Btooom! Styled RP.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LawOfTheLand on Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:58 am

Is it bad that I'm thinking Mega Man meets Grif Nade Wars?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

LawOfTheLand
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years
Beta Tester Promethean Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Builder Donated! Party Starter Contributor Person of Interest Bug Hunter Streamwatcher Maiden Voyager Recruiter Greeter Visual Appeal Tipworthy Property Buyer Salesman Concierge Arc Warden Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!