Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Carnes High: Human School?

Carnes High: Human School?

a part of “Carnes High: Human School?”, a fictional universe by ShadtheWerepire.

Welcome Carnes High: Monster... er.. Human School. As monster students return to a new year they find way more than 2 human students.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Carnes High: Human School?”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: [OOC] Carnes High: Human School?

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheOncomingStorm on Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:57 am

Right then, well. Ive just spent the last two days reading all 3352 posts of the original Carnes High. And besides all of the wonderful emotions it stirred in me, the most prominent was fear. I am now DEEPLY intimidated by a roleplay that has lasted almost an entire year. This is supposed to be its sequel, yes. Sort of a book two in the Carnes High series. Though I know it's still on going, this is supposed to be a year later. I did not realize this when I joined, so now I am very scared that I'm not going to be a good enough rper compared to rpers of your caliber. After all, I just started rping like, two weeks ago.

Even though I am scared to be a part of this. I am also excited an honored. I look forward to proving myself to Rp Gateways finest in the coming story. I just wanted to take this opportunity to say, lets have a great role play! Cheers!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

TheOncomingStorm
Member for 13 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Meesha on Fri Sep 23, 2011 9:16 am

Aw..you're such a little sweetie > 3<

Don't feel intimidated about only having started roleplaying recently. The first Carnes High was the first roleplay I ever joined in my entire life (aside from one that I created myself a week previous) So keep your chin up :) Then again this is a year forwards...Still don't feel too intimidated :) Just keep the amount of other roleplays you join minimum so your able to keep up with this.

Everyone moves fast in this -_- and they're all a different timezone. Used to have to stay up to 1am or something silly to be online the same time as them all!!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Meesha
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RosexXxStarlight on Fri Sep 23, 2011 9:34 am

@gamerx I agree, Deilos is my favorite character! It's a shame that he dropped out fairly early....

@OncomingStorm You read ALL OF IT!? wow.... :) I feel so special now even though i wasn't part of the very original cast :P Star came in on like the second day i think so not a big deal.

I am so excited to do this now!! It's excitng to see all of the new roleplayers wanting to join and the old ones (meesha) so hopefully it will be awesome.
It's true that we don't know what we've got until we lose it, but it's also true that we don't know what we've been missing until it arrives.

RosexXxStarlight
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aurelier on Fri Sep 23, 2011 9:39 am

@meesha The biggest reason behind the name change was because Arabella and Anabella are way too confusing to read about!!!! so it lessens the confusion and it kinda symbolizes ara joinning back into the witch coven and no longer thinking she's even close to being a human. and OF COURSE THEY"RE GOING TO CLASH!?!??!?! Are you crazy? what fun would it be if the gabi and lin didn't get along? Ana will probably still be crushing on freezer so...

You guys are so awesome!
"People want to know why I do this, why I write such gross stuff. I like to tell them I have the heart of a small boy..... I keep it in a jar on my desk." -Stephen King

Aurelier
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CageValcore on Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:00 am

The human I promised is up
Signature made by Lee

CageValcore
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Elrith Eldwind on Fri Sep 23, 2011 11:43 am

@TheOncommingStorm-Don't worry aobut it man, i don't know if you realized but alotof us were kinda new at it too, maybe not to RP, but definately to the idea of forum based RP...maybe, i can only try to relate. But nyway the RP got lucky and the people got along, it might seem intimidating but if you enjoyed the original story you'll do fine. Besides, someone who loves DOctor Who can't possibly be unprepared for this kind of a game where it's more go with the flow.

@Old Carnes Crew- Wow, the creepers are admitting to creeping now.. Yay! we're popular!

@Everyone, main;y Shad- I got three ideas lined up for Desmond's position at the school:

1-He's been made principal, which is one of the red flags for the humans, him being so young, but it's the council's way of getting back at him. He created this whole issue, so he;s going to look after it.

2-He's the physics teacher, as it's close to Alchemy and it's human's least favorite subject and gives him tons of chances to mess with them.

3- he's a student teacher intern guy who they see in the halls and most ignore, leaving him more like a student than anything else.

Which do you think? (we're playing create-a-chara here)

Elrith Eldwind
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Arc Warden Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby wolfoftheage on Fri Sep 23, 2011 12:05 pm

@ meesha Ohh yea Aiden made a deal with the devil with the witch side of the coven so he could leave..... It has limitations but it gives you some ability to Command him not when raging but he is bound by oath now to protect Lin kinda like her own personal assigned werewolf. of course his stipulation was that nothing could be done to Amber

@gamerx-Delios was one of my favorites as well i was really sad to find out half way through my deployment that he had dissapeared their were some promising training sequences to be had with him and Aiden

@OncomingStorm-Almost everyone in the origional carnes was still under a year old member and honostly the number one thing i can say that has kept it alive is simply put....A love for the charterers and the story. there are points whear four five days pass and nothing gets posted. then it picks up again. As long as you enjoy yourself and dont do anything to horribly insane you will fit right in

@Elrith I vote for one or two i like the idea of Ruler being somewhat in charge....
Last edited by wolfoftheage on Fri Sep 23, 2011 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wolfoftheage
Member for 14 years
Author Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Meesha on Fri Sep 23, 2011 3:46 pm

@Aur YAY! Cause I am desperate for some old fashioned coven hatred :D Shamefully I started reading the old roleplay to see at what point I left and its pretty much dead on half way through :) (damn it!)

@Wolf Ah I see. Deal with the devil and deal with the witches. Well that should turn out fairly interesting...

@Elrith I reckon one or two as well. Principle of the school sounds like a Desmond thing to be...

Meesha
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby wolfoftheage on Fri Sep 23, 2011 4:36 pm

@ moussie-No that was an expression just the witches....since he is technically the alpha after fighting his father and winning....they decided that he would prove usefull to Lin in her time at carnes after all the blood oak pack more or less serves the witches in exchange for their abilities....

wolfoftheage
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Elrith Eldwind on Sat Sep 24, 2011 8:16 pm

is anyone else as itching to start as i am... i can't wait for the start date, it's so much fun seeing so many new characters and faces. we've known for quite some time that the Carnes universe was good, it's just nice to see that others have come to try and enjoy the fun as well.

Elrith Eldwind
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Arc Warden Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby wolfoftheage on Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:49 pm

Heck yea a forest goddess Aiden and amber are actually a couple ie really daiting instead of being torn apart.....new monsters NEW PLAYERS!!!! i can only wait in anticipation to see what happens.

wolfoftheage
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ShadtheWerepire on Sat Sep 24, 2011 11:53 pm

Finally finished editing Jaimie... he'll be interesting once I actually start playing him.

We will be starting as scheduled, Sorry Elrith, you're going to have to be patient. not to mention I still have to plan how to make this work properly...

I vote Desmond is just a teacher, that makes him closer to the students, principal gives him too much authority.

ShadtheWerepire
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cienpher on Sun Sep 25, 2011 12:30 am

I submitted a male student, but he's weird >...> as all my characters are XD
Please let me know if I need to change anything before he is accepted.

This seems great... but it's my first time in a roleplay with so many people. I'm looking forward to new experiences with this! ^^
~Cienpher~ GM of "That's Not an Omelette"

Cienpher
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby shmband on Sun Sep 25, 2011 5:27 am

I was always curious about this RP, and I may have a little more time on my hands. You seem a little light on males, how's the human/monster balance going? Which do you need more of?

shmband
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Person of Interest Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cienpher on Sun Sep 25, 2011 5:57 am

I'm pretty sure we're in dire need of male humans...? There's a surplus of monsters when I see the character page...

Cienpher
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ShadtheWerepire on Sun Sep 25, 2011 12:27 pm

heh, awesome character Cienpher.

I'd recommend a human male shmband, but the main thing we need right now is males.

ShadtheWerepire
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby phooka on Sun Sep 25, 2011 2:20 pm

I made my character a day or two ago, I'm pretty sure she was accepted, correct? Here she is:
roleplay/carnes-high-human-school/characters/taika-monro/

phooka
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby zane saphire on Sun Sep 25, 2011 2:39 pm

Does the school have a garden?

zane saphire
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby shmband on Sun Sep 25, 2011 2:43 pm

Alrighty, submitted.

shmband
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Person of Interest Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ShadtheWerepire on Sun Sep 25, 2011 6:54 pm

I got tailka, everything's good there :)

As far as the garden is concerned sure? The school's a decent size and the details of its layout are pretty loose...
The places that our characters frequented in the original are:
The Cafeteria
Female and Male dorms (THESE ROOMS WILL BE ASSIGNED AT SOME POINT IN THE NEAR FUTURE)
A "secret" graveyard hidden in the forest near the school
An arena of sorts/Training grounds (we only went there VERY early in the story...)
The courtyard
Health office
Desmond's classroom
Library
Random Halls

The point is the limits are endless as far as location is concerned in the school, as long as it's within reason, sure there can be a garden! but no secret lair of one of the students underneath the school -_-'

ShadtheWerepire
Member for 14 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!