Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Etherea

Character Profiles

a part of “Etherea”, a fictional universe by KumoriRyuu.

In a world of ever growing evil, the Chosen must rise to combat the darkness of an ancient being with seemingly endless power.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Etherea”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Character Profiles

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KumoriRyuu on Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:56 pm

This is where you'll submit your character profiles. Once I approve of them here, you are free to submit them to the RP itself. This cuts down on the number of characters that the RP registers in its memory and when you go to tag someone, if you type the name of a character that didn't make it into the RP, it won't show up in the tag box. When the character was accepted, but deleted later, their name still appears in the tag box which is ANNOYING!

So we're not going to have to worry about that!
Kumori Ryuu

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

KumoriRyuu
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Friendly Beginnings Tipworthy Beta Tester World Builder Lifegiver Arc Warden Person of Interest Visual Appeal

Re: Character Profiles

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby hxcdreamer on Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:56 pm

Genesis, elven, 56 years old.

Genesis is a young adult elf born and raised in the marshlands* just to the left of the Etherea continental break. She was raised by her grandmother and father, now 400 some years old, because her mother had given birth young and has a strong desire to explore the world. She had an average home life with her grandmother and grandfather, mastering the swamp-like terrain as she got older. She can swim very well, though not quite like she can run. Her long limbs make for impeccable running. She grew up hunting with a spear or fishing via nets, which formed a strong interest in long-distance weapons such as magic and bows. She hasn't met anyone willing to teach her magic yet, but she'd gotten her fascination with bows dulled down. When she was 54 years old, she came down with Spine Leaf Cough. It's a disease that stems from the seeds of a Spine Leaf plant.** When dropped into water, these seeds act like a capsule and dissolve into an oily orb within the water, and when drank leaves the consumer with a slow-progressing cough that will eventually become fatal over time. These oily orbs are usually easy to spot, making consumption rare, but Genesis hadn't noticed it and still doesn't know exactly when she consumed it. Regardless, this is what caused her to leave home.
She'd already been interested in herbal remedies and medicines since she was a teenager so she knew the recipe she would need but is having a terrible time finding the vine that grows beneath dirt in mountainous regions in order to conjure up the cure. This is where her story begins; on the edges of the Calla mountain range in search of a plant to cure her illness before it becomes fatal (about a year or so left for her if she can't find it). Of course as the story progresses, she gets caught up in much larger ordeals than finding a plant!

*If you don't want these marshlands to exist, let me know!
**I made up a fictional illness lol, hope that's okay!

Her gear consists of (asterisks where she's currently wearing the item): a leather shoulder pack*, worn out chocolate colored leather boots*, a pair of tan cotton pants* (mid-thigh shorts for hotter weather), a white cotton long sleeve shirt rolled up to her elbows most of the time*, a heavier fabric brown sweater (for colder weather), and a black pair of gloves. Weapons consist of a lightweight wooden bow with a quiver of 15 arrows, and a hunting knife on her hip for skinning animals she hunts. A water skin as well. She's also got various herbs and small instruments to use them in her bag. She couldn't afford a mount but hopes to achieve one soon as traveling on foot has made her weary over time.

A/N: Let me know how this is. I'll change anything if needed. Hope you like it. :)

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

hxcdreamer
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KumoriRyuu on Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:41 am

This is a good start. I think the marshland thing is a good idea, and I like the urgency that the illness creates for her.

Anyway, as you work on completing the profile, make sure that it follows the skeleton in terms of construction. If you need a reference, just check my character's profile to see what I would like yours to look like.

KumoriRyuu
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Friendly Beginnings Tipworthy Beta Tester World Builder Lifegiver Arc Warden Person of Interest Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Igari on Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:26 am

Name Pnév̱ma
Age Though she acts like a child, it can be assumed she is hundreds, perhaps thousands of years old
Gender "Female"
Race Nymph
Appearance

She is a small wisp of a girl, curvy in a petite sort of fashion. Pnév̱ma has long, tumbling, auburn hair that fills out around her rather tiny form. If she has fully formed, it will trail along the ground behind her for a good several inches before curling upwards. Her eyes are a very distinct golden hue, though her left eye is almost always covered by her messy hair. She never seems to mind, though it is her habit to wrap her hair around her when she becomes bored. She prefers to waltz around in absolutely nothing, perhaps a rather brazen thing if she were a human, but as a nymph, she feels it shows her loyalty to her natural form. Though she can take on a full, physical form, she prefers a more faded appearance so that the ends of her legs seem to disappear from view and merge into the ground or any nearby tree. She reaches a height of around 1.37 meters and weighs about 27 kilograms.

Personality
Playful would be a proper word to give her, or perhaps just downright mischievous. Pnév̱ma loves a good game of hide-and-seek and often doesn't realize that her childish games can be frightening for others. She is naive, to an extent, and doesn't seem to mind or care that her lack of attire is absolutely mortifying for others. She has a delicate sense of humor and can actually be a rather warm sort of girl once she takes a liking to someone. However, she has the habit of quick-judging who she does and doesn't like. And once she decides she does not care for someone, she can turn irritable and cruel. This behavior is parallel to a child's, at some points, because she can poutily pretend not to hear someone and pretend they do not exist. Her intuition with nature is, as one would expect, quite accurate and attune. Her intuition with people, however, can vary on the spectrum from spot on to completely off. She will complain it is due to the fact that people's "energy waves" are different but it's probably more of an excuse. She's also terrible with names; since she believes that everyone has a "natural" name given to them from the earth itself and the oddity of "naming" makes little sense as it's not the true name of the individual. Insultingly, this leads her to refer to others as "that thing" or "the one with the ears", whatever physical trait stands out to her the most. It's a sign of adoration when she actually recalls a name.

Equipment/Abilities
Pnév̱ma is directly linked to the spirit plane, given that her body is not completely attached to the physical plane as most that reside there are. Her abilities stem from this and enable her to see the energy pulses that surround any living creature. This allows her to be attuned with nature, quite in sync actually, and she can listen to the "voice of the earth", as she calls it, to let her preemptively know of dangers or threats. When asking for assistance, she can call upon nature to guide her. However, she is not so much controlling earth as she is manipulating the spiritual energy that the tree, plant, what have you, possesses. To a much more distant extent, she can turn this ability on another person but her success rate is much diminished as many are not so in touch with nature and have very weak links to the spiritual realm. She can disappear into the earth, melding her body into it's spirit form. She is often in an in-between state automatically, neutrally residing between the two planes as that is where she is most comfortable.

History
As with all her kin, Pnév̱ma was born from the earth itself and has always been one of it's children. She had always been rather reclusive and as such, had never left the gentle arms of the forest or the outskirts of the mountain ranges that surrounded them. Though she does not fear adventure, she was sheltered and was content to stay among the soft breeze or the rustle of tree branches.

She has never seen another Human, Dwarf, Vampire, or even Elf and naturally finds them all to be rather strange. However, she was forced out of her peaceful existence when her forest began to feel out of balance. Naturally, she seems to affiliate this change with intruders but perhaps it is something beyond that...

She currently resides in the Yemeryiet Forest--a very expansive area located just south of the Calla Mountain Range. Much of her forest territory is uncharted and unexplored, but she knows it in and out.

A/N: And there you have it~ I apologize if it took a bit of doing, I like to give all my characters time to naturally form. If there are any questions/problems/anything that perhaps doesn't sit too well, naturally you can bring it up and I'll make the proper adjustments. I am aware the picture is perhaps a little bold but it suited the image I had of her very well. /attached already to little Pnév̱ma I also named the forest (hope that's okay) and decided to place it near Calla to perhaps give a chance for interaction? Of course, that is subject to change based on if you'd like her to start somewhere else for plot purposes.
I fell into that purgatory between waking and dreaming, the transient space existing between conscious and subconscious. It was beautiful... ephemeral. And I could not help but wish to stay forever.

Igari
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KumoriRyuu on Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:50 am

Strange as it sounds I find the picture rather cute and somewhat charming in its own unique way. Since it's not really what I'd call "explicit" or anything like that given its cartoony nature, I find it more funny than anything else.

Anyway, looks good so go ahead and submit it to the RP whenever you're ready and we'll get you ready to post. Once we have another character or two we'll get the RP started proper.

KumoriRyuu
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Igari on Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:54 am

Mm! Alright~ Sounds absolutely marvelous~ I became distracted doodling her so I forgot to check back to see if here was a response. Ahem~ And yes! I agree--I totally thought it was cute when I stumbled upon it. In any eveeent /twirls off to fill in the character sheet and such Glad you liked her ^ ^

Edit I posted but oddly got a message I've never received before--something about an abandoned character? Unsure what the oddity with that is but I suppose it will be resolved in the morning. /yawns

Igari
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby whymymothergoose on Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:03 pm

Name: Brildar Redbeard

Race: Dwarf

Appearance: Brildar is a stout, hardy fellow with a height of only 4’2” which is common for the Dwarven race. He weighs about 210 pounds and has large, sturdy muscles. Brildar has long, thick vermillion hair that goes a little past his shoulders. There seems to be no end between his hair and beard other then his bottom lip sticking out. His beard being the same color as his hair is fastened in 4 pony tails, held together with metal clips. Most of his face is covered up by hair except for his nose, forehead, eyes, and the area surrounding them. His nose is bulbous and large while his eyes warm and brown. Above them, two bushy eyebrows to keeps away dirt and sweat. His hands are quite large compared to his short stature.

Personality: Brildar loves a good ale or two or three. He is a loud man with a laugh that can fill a room. When he laughs, his eyes glisten and his face lights up. He is charismatic and bold. Brildar is a friendly fellow and has few enemies. He has never met any Nymphs or Vampires but he has heard of them in legends told around the camp fire or in the pub. He gets along with Humans very well, and allies with them the most unlike the Elves whom he believes to be treacherous and too mischievous for their own good. When it boils down to it, Brildar is a fun, loving character once you can get past his booming voice and smell.

Equipment: Brildar is well suited for the combat and going on mining exhibitions. He had thick goggles to protect his eyes from debris. When he is not using them, he likes to put them on his thick iron helmet. He wears a thick green coat that is lined with sheep skin. Under it, he has fashioned himself light but thick chainmail. His pants are brown and made out of a thick material. On his feet he wears brown leather boots that are extremely sturdy and on his hands, brown leather gloves.

On his back he carries a pack that carries various things. In it are several sticks of dynamite, a pouch full of gunpowder, a cows stomach, various tools, flint and steel, and some food. On top of his pack he carries a bed roll. His only weapon, other then a large knife he carries in his boot, is his pick axe. One side of his pick axe is the actual pick, while the other is large and blunt.

He also carries around a small cage to keep his pet lizard, Bigzy, or as he likes to call her, Bigs. She has a tail like a chameleon and horns on her head like those of dragons told in folk lore. Bigs is light red and almost pink, a loyal companion for her Dwarven counterpart.

Abilities: Brildar is an excellent minor and blacksmith. He can sharpen any dull blade and mend any armor. While he doesn’t like to get into conflict, he is an exceptional fighter. His movements may be slow, but they come down hard. His eyes are well attuned to darkness, as he lives in the mountains. Another ability of Brildar is his knowledge in explosives.

History: Brildar was born in the Malokai Mountain Range. When he was 50, he moved to the more prosper Range of Calla. Still living south of the mountain range, closest to the dessert, he feels more at home. He spends the majority of his day underground, where he blossoms the most, mining and smithing. He makes a living by fashioning armor for humans and even elves. He is young for his race and still has many years of his life left to live. He and his fellow kin sense something very ominous in the skies. Something told from legends.

If there is anything wrong with my character, feel free to correct me.
Last edited by whymymothergoose on Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

whymymothergoose
Member for 11 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby whymymothergoose on Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:06 pm

Is there some website that I could use to upload my picture that the site will accept? I had to resize the picture because it was way too large.
-Thanks, Goose!

whymymothergoose
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Igari on Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:25 pm

I normally use photobucket~ Once you upload it, there is a direct link on the right hand below the tab "image link". Just simply click it once to copy it and then you can past it after the (img), etc. etc. It doesn't require any resizing. Hope that helps~ Amusingly, I can see Pnév̱ma making quite a few comments about Brildar's hair~

Igari
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby whymymothergoose on Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:38 pm

Oh thank you! That worked perfectly. I can also see Brildar making several comments on their size being alike. I am eagerly waiting this RP.

whymymothergoose
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KumoriRyuu on Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:07 am

... I just realized I never placed a character skeleton...

JEEZ I'M A MORON!!

Okay, I am now writing a character skeleton for everyone to follow. I apologize profusely for not having one down before. It's usually the first thing I add to the RP, so I completely forgot about it.

Sorry about this guys. When you read this, check the RP main page for the skeleton.

For those who submitted a character already, please look at the skeleton and adjust your profiles accordingly. I won't accept any further profiles until they all follow the new skeleton I've made for you.

Thank you.

KumoriRyuu
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KumoriRyuu on Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:12 am

Whymymothergoose, that is a great character. If you can give his biography a little bit more oomph, and also add the details I put up in the new character skeleton on the RP's main page, then I'd greatly appreciate it. You don't have to resubmit the profile to the OOC or anything, just go back and edit the new information into it.

That goes for hxc dreamer too. If you could please access your submitted character profile and adjust it according to the new skeleton, I'd greatly appreciate it. I'll be checking for the updates fairly regularly, and once they are up I will accept them into the RP.

After that, we'll have enough to get started!

Cheers!

KumoriRyuu
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Igari on Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:12 am

Alright, I'll see if there are any more updates needed via looking at your skeleton. Oh, Kumori? You mind if we collab the "abandon/character deletion" process? I'll be re-submitting her in during the interim. I suspect that should fix the problem, for whatever reason it happened.

Igari
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby whymymothergoose on Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:20 am

Yes I can sure dot hat. I was waiting for the skelly before I got TOO in detail. You kept on mentioning it and I was searching saying "WHERE IS THE SKELLY. WHERE IS IT." (in Batmans voice of course.)

whymymothergoose
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby hxcdreamer on Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:19 pm

I'm not gonna be home long enough to adjust it now (babysitting woooo) but as soon as I get back I'll rearrange it to the proper skelly. I like all of the characters so far! I reckon we ought to have an interesting group to unleash here soon.

EDIT: I fixed her skelly.

hxcdreamer
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Igari on Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:27 pm

I'm adoring all of our characters so far~ :3 Or this could just be me looking forward to the RP enough to enjoy the characters... either or--I will find it entertaining to watch Genesis and Brildar converse and she has such a strong distaste of the man and he's so fun-loving that he laughs it off with booming sound~ And then Shadow just shakes his head with the slightest of amused grins on his face. /giggles

Igari
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ulfunn on Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:09 am

Name:Jon Newforge
Alias:Jon the Bouldertosser

Appearance: Image

Height:6'3"
Weight:215 lbs
Hair Color:Black
Eye Color:Blood Red
Body Type:Athletic
Fighting Style:Very well skilled with close combat weapons but lacks in hand-to-hand combat other than boxing

Personality:Very loud when he is sitting a campfire or in a tavern having a drink with fellow drinkers. He is very loyal to those he calls friend even though he has a really poor sense of character so he ends up with undesirables. He is very much a ladies man at times there has been more than one occasion where he got in a fight with another man who turned out to be in a relation with a lady he has bed with. He is greedy most of the time he does something for others he is being payed for it one way or another it is rare to have him join a cause without it being profitable for him. Despite his many flaws in character and judgement he is a loyal,warm and kind person.

Equipment:
His armor which is made from a special metal which it is very strong and durable but incredibly light and has a bonus it helps resist harmful magic.
A cleaver like sword which is 32 inches and 3 inches wide it is one sided the end of it is blunt but at the end it has a spike that its faced away from the edged side.
A crossbow with bolts
A large round shield
A large bag that holds his armor,shield,crossbow and bolts,basic camping equipment,food, an woodcutting ax, his gold pouch, and a short sword with a knife and it still has space in it there are rumors that the bag is endless but that's just rubbish

Biography:
He was born human but raised by dwarves born to a human mother and father. His mother died at child birth and at the age of four Jon was taken to his Dwarven uncle because his dad was unfit for raising a child. Jon loved living with dwarves though and his life turned for the better than if he lived with his father. At his young age Jon was taught to use a forge but he found more interest in using weapons than hammering on a anvil. At the age of fifteenth he decided to become a mercenary he was hired mostly for guard work such as body guard, and caravan guards.

He made a name for himself when he was hired on to a team that was hunting a dragon. After a month of tracking it down they found the dragon the hunting party found and engaged the dragon. The group was losing the fight so out of a moment of courage and survival Jon ran above the dragon and shove a giant boulder on top of the dragon pinning it down and then Jon took this to his advantage and jumped off the cliff he was on swinging down the sword and decapitating the dragon. The dragon was of the basic variety (red) but Jon was paid and as a gift the other team members paid a high amount of gold for his armor to be made (by his uncle). Has his story was told he became known has Bouldertosser and sometimes the story like any other story is exaggerated. Some stories say that he picked up the boulder instead of pushing it and in one story he picks up the boulder and cuts the dragons head off with it. Jon tries to tell the truth but people like the more exciting stories more. His uncle used his relationship to get more customers. Jon doesn't mind since he has a home there and he gets a cut of the profit his uncle gets.

Ulfunn
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KumoriRyuu on Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:54 am

Well Ulfunn... Where do I begin?

Okay... As a fair warning, I don't like doing this. However the profile really leaves me with no choice so... here goes.

First of all, you didn't seem to pay attention to a very important rule: "You will not be allowed to have interacted with or had contact with a Dragon in your character profiles or history, and [u[you will not be able to see or interact with a Dragon without my permission as GM[/u]. If anyone violates this rule, and tries to interact with a Dragon without consulting me first, they will be booted from the RP and their character IC will be killed by the Dragon they approached."

Now, since you brought a Dragon into your profile, but are not officially a member yet, I cannot boot you from the RP and kill off your character. However, just know that if you did this in the RP (had I accepted you), you would be booted from it without question.

Moving on.

Your sense of writing leaves something to be desired, and at times it is hard to understand you. A good example is the following sentence taken from your profile: "He is very much a ladies man at times there has been more than one occasion where he got in a fight with another man who turned out to be in a relation with a lady he has bed with."

This sentence has multiple areas where a comma or a period would have made it easier to understand. "He is very much a ladies man. At times there have been several instances where he got into a fight with another man because it turned out that his opponent was related to the lady he slept with." Something like that would have been much more easily understood, but as it was I had to go back and reread it a few times to really get the point and figure out what you meant. This issue seemed to be fairly prominent in your profile, and as such it leaves me a little disappointed.

Something else I take issue with is the bag he carries. In order to hold everything you say it can, the bag would have to be larger than your character. Fitting an entire set of armor, a sword, shield, crossbow with ammunition, camping equipment (which could mean either a tent, or at least a sleeping bag, pillow and fire starter set), wood cutting axe, short sword, a knife, his gold pouch... all while STILL having space for more is completely unrealistic and impractical.

So unfortunately Ulfunn... I must ask that you not join this RP, I'm sorry.

Thank you for your interest in the RP, and I wish you luck in any and all of your future RP endeavors.

KumoriRyuu
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ulfunn on Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:45 am

I see where this whole thing is going and I'm going to save us a lot of time just boot me I am not yet there in the roleplaying area I am really new to this still.

Ulfunn
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KumoriRyuu on Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:13 pm

I did boot you, Ulfuun. I didn't waste time and I didn't beat around the bush or try to delay what was coming. I asked you not to join the RP. It doesn't get anymore clear or final than that.

KumoriRyuu
Member for 14 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!