Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Crimson Metal

Crimson Metal [O/A]

a part of “Crimson Metal”, a fictional universe by Skittle_Overlord.

The Parasites are almost unstoppable, they just keep coming. A ragged band of pilots who don't even like eachother doesn't stand a chance. Do they? Literate Sci-Fi Mecha roleplay

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Crimson Metal”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: [OOC] Crimson Metal [O/A]

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Weirdo on Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:42 pm

I'm trying not to be too demanding, but can you guys try to post snappy like for the next few hours? I gotta go in axactly two hours and won't be back till way late. So I'd like to not leave people hanigning again like yesturday

er, not that it's my place to ask though, and I still have to post for another rp =_=

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Weirdo
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Skittle_Overlord on Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:14 pm

well I made another post!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Skittle_Overlord
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TemplarWarden on Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:44 pm

I must say there is a small point I would like to bring to greater light then it previously has been given:
No one within this squad has actually had combat experience and so merely the contact with a handful of parasites will be enough to shake them all up and reveal that when their lives are truly at stake the whole situation changes. What I mean is, although they have been trained and rank so high they are not prepared. In combat they will face terror, adrenaline and millions of other complications that simulations never prepared them for.
I know its early but I do think this is relevant and we need to make sure that for our first battle that we aren't warriors, just students. This also allows for development of our skills.
The Spice Melange occurs on only one planet in the entire universe.
The Planet Arrakis, also known as Dune.
He who controls Arrakis, controls the Spice. He who controls the Spice, controls the universe.

Omnomnomnom

TemplarWarden
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Skittle_Overlord on Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:52 pm

I know it sort of (ok it does) looks like I am overstepping with the post I just made. But although Pepper is acting rashly right now, in the face of an actual horde she'd probably freeze up. At the moment the few, a total of six not very impressive Parasites that showed up, that moment played more like a video game moment to Pepper more than anythying> It hasn't registered that the city is gone with her yet, not fully. Especially since she hasn't seen it. Once she sees the Academy gone she'll probably freak out in rage at first and then cry...and then not know what to do at all. I expect these next few posts coming up for everyone will be very emotional.

But yes, at first we should all be bumbling fools!
Just to let everyone know, if everyone freaks out right about now, Pepper is going to try to snap everyone out of it, but worry not, it'll be her turn to freak out when she sees the Academy.

Skittle_Overlord
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TemplarWarden on Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:06 pm

Yes, I understand that much. This was a minor encounter and it is up to people what their characters do. There is no need to justify your character's actions in the OOC as long as they are human-ish actions.
I meant that the realizing full reality cannot be escaped, whether its encountered here or later it needs to be encountered at some point. I mean all characters would deal with it in their own way. Perhaps they can even make it through the academy without reaching the breaking point.

TemplarWarden
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby HiddenNymph on Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:52 pm

I think Tami will have a couple of stunned moments for a second as she takes it all in, then she would go all out and crush what she can in the rush of adrenaline and under the pretense that she refuses to die for the military etc.
Then once everything has settled down slightly she'll wonder off on her own and put her head in hands unsure if what just happened was real in her own WTF moment XD
http://www.meh.ro/original/2010_01/meh.ro3249.jpg = Its funneh :3

Did Ghandhi ever tell anyone he hated them? No, he turned away and became the better man.
Doubt I have the capacity for that. Sorry.

HiddenNymph
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MaxStokes on Tue Aug 23, 2011 5:40 pm

Oh, man you guys are so fast. I only have about 10 minuets here, so I'm gunna have to post later tonight. Feel free to treat Kennith as though he simply zipped off towards the academy. I really wanna do the scene where the MMFPU comes online and he uses it, but no time.

Bahh, in short he lifts off into the air, the back opens up (like in the picture of Five-Seven) and crackles with energy, make the field behind him in sort of a ball shape that looks like the heat comming off pavement (as the light bends through it it makes the image behind it look wavy). Then he activates it, instant sonic boom (freaking atmosphere hampers the system) and hes gone. Garhhh want to in depth describe....NO TIME!

Arives the academy is destroyed/burning, might see some parasite might engage, idk at this point. Would be up for some enemy interaction with Nimea or Ba'al if Weirdo or New. If so Terrence would get his ass handed to him.

Bahh previous engagements.....will post tonight!

*edit* quick edit before leave, upon arrival to destination. large compression wave release due to atmospheric buildup during flight.

MaxStokes
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Skittle_Overlord on Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:37 pm

We won't go too far ahead Max, don't worry, in fact, I am going to post now and everyone else is ordered to sit tight until you get back, we don't want people left behind, that ain't fair and I'll have none of that in my rp! *wags finger* I look forward to your use in imagery.

Skittle_Overlord
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MaxStokes on Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:34 pm

*lets out a deep, satisfied sigh* Ahhhh, that was fun, I let my inner wild physics nerd run rampant with that post. I really hope it sounded good and not to technical/boring/over-descriptive. I left room for the option of interaction with Nimea or Ba'al if you guys want to, perhaps the loud thundering noise got their attention. Hes really not too far away for enhanced optics to easily pick him up.

I could easily have Terrence charge in blindly and arrogantly, or run away shaking like a wuss. They both seem to in my mind fit his character, so I have many options. Depends on what you guys feel up to.

MaxStokes
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TemplarWarden on Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:53 am

Woo, Hi-five for physics nerdiness in roleplays. I usually go technical in most of my writing, although in sci-fi much more then fantasy. Hmm, if you encounter those two he probably would run like a wuss before he gets his ass whipped.

A question, parasites are small and it doesn't really make for a particularly inspiring battle. Are there parasites with actual mecha like Ba'al and Nimea that would lead to some Mecha-on-mecha battles. I was thinking almost like lieutenants and low-level officers among them. Another question, mainly for sorting any technical stuff I want in my writing. How big are the mecha compared to a humans? How heavy? In honesty we need a set scale because otherwise everyone has different ideas.

I shall await your Pepper's response Skittle, for now you have a loyal follower in Earme. For now only and he may or may not follow her orders accurately.

TemplarWarden
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sneakyrio on Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:19 am

Question Max, why do you keep calling your character Terrence when his name is Kenneth?
Image[URL=http://www.wizards.com/magic/playmagic/whatcolorareyou.asp][/img]

Sneakyrio
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Skittle_Overlord on Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:24 am

for scales, think code geass
http://www.zerochan.net/38192-slightly larger than that would be the avergae, Arch Angel is average size

And if you look under the ooc tab, I have parasites entered in as a race, and it says there that they actually come in many shapes and sizes, but mostly resembling bugs, hence the name Parasites. Some are even as big as mechs, and actually Parasites can come together and form one huge one too, the same way they morph into mother. Princess Nimea and Prince Ba'al are actually the only seperate entities from mother, she gave birth to them, as opposed to just letting part of herself go. The more food she gets the more she can grow.

And really she does?! That's more than she'll hope for really ^-^, she doesn't expect to have an easy time with this at all.

Skittle_Overlord
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TemplarWarden on Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:38 am

I actually don't know about code geass or any Mecha manga, well any manga at all really. Its still a pretty awesome idea in itself.
Umm... alright, this causes slight complexities because my machine is nowhere near that size. If that was large then mine is huge, I intended it to be bigger then most but is that big acceptable.

TemplarWarden
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Weirdo on Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:45 am

D: I figured as big as a two story house round about......skittle your post makes me tense when I read it, I can tell Salt I MEAN Pepper is getting overwhelmed

Weirdo
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Skittle_Overlord on Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:47 am

I can allow three story house (good comparison weirdo), but god damn something that huge wouldn't fit inside the carrier height wise, does it HAVE to be that big?

Skittle_Overlord
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TemplarWarden on Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:08 am

It doesn't have to be that big, Its just I have very keen ideas for what I want. But I'll make exceptions, it shall be three stories tall and the proportions of the actual image are now distorted. I am curious as to why Weirdo is playing Pepper now, at least thats how my browser is displaying it.
*Suspicious frown* Is something going on here...

Edit: Actually I may rebrowse the internet and fit another design suitable for the Titan. The image I'm using now is intended to be huge, as you can actually tell by the cockpit size. That is why I want to keep it, I shall find another machine and alter my load-out. It will still be the largest there I think though.

TemplarWarden
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Weirdo on Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:14 am

You mean other than the fact that we live in the same house and are currently sharing the computer? Why do you think we are always on at the same time and insulting each other openly in the ooc?

She's the one that got me on this site.

But it is a pain frigging having to switch users, and I guess we made an oopsy. Because she was typing while I was trying to ooc chat every few seconds.

edit-

Skittle=turd face :P, and I can say that cause she's asleep!

edit edit-

Tanman, reeeaaad this post.
Last edited by Weirdo on Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:16 am, edited 2 times in total.

Weirdo
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tanman on Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:14 am

I have similar suspicions, but I'm not too fussed either way. If they're the same person, well, that's fine. Just makes the roster of people participating seem larger. GM's often have to have some control of the villains anywho. If they're not the same person, most likely it'd simply be a relation of some sort and sharing the same computer - I've never had that scenario before, but I know people who have.

Regardless, who minds so long as the topic stays active and the RP is fun, eh?

I'll be throwing a post together soon too. Just catching up on some lecture material I missed at Uni.
Roleplayer For Hire.
Will work for free~ Inquiry via PM welcome! Always willing to take on any role so long as it interests me! Protagonists to Villains to Minor Roles - Fantasy to Sci-Fi to High School - Action to Comedy to Romance - Anything goes!

Tanman
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Visual Appeal Person of Interest Person of Interest Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Weirdo on Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:17 am

Well I am sure you can tell by our writing styles at least. She's lazy with the layout and Different in the way she goes about writing, while I am more emotional and Obsess over font and pictures in my posts.

Weirdo
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TemplarWarden on Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:24 am

I certainly didn't think you were the same person, I just thought something peculiar was afoot. Their writing is far too dissimilar, if they were the same person, it would have to be a damned skilled writer to be able to change writing style so smoothly. I shall complete my writing soon as well, after Tan is completed.

TemplarWarden
Member for 16 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!