Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Demons of Typhoon City (IC- Sign ups still Open)

a topic in Futuristic Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based in the future of any sort, use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

Re: Demons of Typhoon City (IC- Sign ups still Open)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Snakeeyz99 on Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:06 pm

Francesca nodded. She had to agree with that, considering the rising amount of violence that plagued the city. "So how does one go about capturing a demon? And not just caging them, like that 'Absolom' in the basement." As she waited for an answer, she played with the thought of having her own servant demon. Surely, with a bond as unbreakable as that (despite it being against its free will) she could finally begin to do something about the murders around the city.
-------
Simon climbed onto the elevator and sighed in relief. At least they knew the monster/s had left now, since if it/they was/were still in the building the two scientists would be dead long before now. All Simon could do was think of how lucky he was to get knocked unconcious- he even began seeing that creature in the biotube as a good omen. Perhaps, when he had the time, he could decode that message, and once that was done he could...
His thoughts rambled on as he waited for the elevator to reach whatever floor they were going to.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Snakeeyz99
Member for 15 years
Promethean Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ryoko Neko on Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:20 pm

Rensha almost laughed. His life now revolved around hunting the creatures. "A few," he replied, a grin on his face. "Have you?" he asked, suddenly curious. How many people came out nowadays? Only the few who were either brave or stupid. Of course, he considered himself to be quite dumb, but his job in the military certainly kept him from being bored.

----------

Kenshin let out a long sigh, no one had noticed him, even though he had only been a few steps away. "Kenshin, boy, hurry up, we need you back here!" A voice in his earpiece screamed.

Kenshin jumped a little, surprised. "Ah, yes, sir." He responded in a whisper. He didn't have any intention of going back anytime soon, however, and decided to continue investigating. This could be his only chance, after all.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Ryoko Neko
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Chari on Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:02 pm

Mai nodded slowly. "I just met my first one today, I think. All I remember is being sent flying. Next thing I remember, I was waking up in the Capitol building." Thinking back on it, there was one thing that was weird. Why didn't she have any broken ribs? And what had that prick been right before she passed out? Not to mention the silhouette. Things were getting even weirder than normal. And she had thought that was impossible. "They're really scary."

Riechter stepped out of the elevator into his massive laboratory. As the head of Bio-sciences, his lab was much better any other lab, save the other heads. But they were dead now, either from the new massacre or from the first time the demons were released. His was definitely the best left. He turned to Simon. "Get the Carbon tetra-fluoride. We have a little bit of work to do."
Silverose
Laryn: He's not dead. Dogs may die, but cats have nine lives.
S-9:*chuckles* That guy's harder to rub out than the viruses in ancient computer programs.
Ash: Thanks a lot, guys. So what am I, an infectious cat?

Chari
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Crystal Blood on Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:14 pm

L'sar vaulted over a trashcan that was blocking her way in a narrow alleyway. The rain had lessened to a mist but the fog had begun to limit her vision to about 25 feet... Grasping at a low hanging fire escape ladder, L'sar pulled her self up. "We'd better take to a high path, we'll be walking into cops left and right if we stay on the ground." With that she continued to run, leaping when the guardrail appeared and snatching the edge of a decorative balcony ledge. Another jump and she was on teh top of a large apartment building. "Come on, we're making a detour to St. Mark's- there is some one I need to talk to." Leaping and bound from roof top to roof top, L'sar and the other demon made their way through the city.

Crystal Blood
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ryoko Neko on Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:30 pm

His eyebrows scrunched together as Rensha listened. This girl had been attacked? "Damn," he muttered under his breath. Wasn't it his job to keep this kind to thing from happening? "Well, are you alright?" He asked Mai, his voice sounding concerned. Then, for some reason, he felt a chill go down his spine. He disregarded it, and returned his attention back to Mai, waiting for her answer.

Kenshin had ended hi taking out his earpiece, he could listen to all the yelling when he returned. He came across another room with a keypad. Carefully, he entered the same code as before, and the door unlocked. He looked around the room, it looked like a place for experimentation. He immediately busied himself with looking for any information that may be of some help to him.

Ryoko Neko
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lightning Flash on Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:15 pm

Lann smirked. "Isn't that obdvious? You subdue it or have it subdued. You say you have the runic alphabet's knowledge. Do you know the words of the language? If so use that to subdue the demon, use that magic. Granted, the runic alphabet is no match for even a middle of the road demon, but a weak one you might be able to subdue. Then when it can no longer move, preform the taming." Lann leaned over the desk cupping his head in his hands as he continued to smile. Once you have that demon you can then fight more powerful demons with it. After all, demons don't exactly have the thinking capacity we do, that is why we must tame them." Lann leaned back putting a quizzical look on his face "You do know runic words don't you?"
Last edited by Lightning Flash on Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lightning Flash
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Snakeeyz99 on Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:55 am

Francesca shook her head. "Only a few," she said, "I only had a short time to learn them." She thought back on her instructor, and how she had thought she had had more than enough time to learn the ways of the Occult. Unfortunately, things had gone differently.
--------------
Simon, broken out of his thinking, searched around the room for the carbon tetrafluoride. In a few moments, he sighted the storage bottle, labelled "CF4", and carefully brought it over to Reichter. He then stood by, awaiting instructions, and put on a pair of safety goggles located conveniently nearby.

Snakeeyz99
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheDarknessWithin on Sat Jan 09, 2010 8:53 am

"I don't give a damn," Flak said behind her." those dumb-ass cops couldn't catch me if I turned myself in." He laughed." By the way, do you want some food? I have carrion from the lab."He said, pulling it out. He snacked on the rotting meat while he was running." By the way, how do- Jesus Christ, these are great- know my dad?" He asked her, eating noisily."He's pretty reclusive, otherwise a weakling like you wouldn't be sent to find me. Albeit, you are fast- however, my strength and powers outmatch anything you could throw at me."
The only way to prosperity is through chaos.
The equal and the opposite must co-exist in order to exist at all.
How do we know that up is up and down is down?Assumption.
The only true knowledge in this world is the fact that death must always come.
The world is a phoenix(theoretically).There must be death in order for there to be rebirth.
perfection is imperfection.

TheDarknessWithin
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lightning Flash on Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:33 am

Lann clicked his tongue then looked straight into her eyes with a mysterious smile still latched onto his face.

"Then I guess I must complete your training. Without a complete knowledge of the runic language we are nothing more tham mere humans."

Lann stood up and walked to the door then turned

"By the way, where do you plan on staying? I't be rather stupid of you to have come here, and been here since the blockade if you had no place to stay."

Lightning Flash
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Chari on Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:57 pm

Mai nodded. "I think I'm fine... At least, I'm not injured." She looked around, feeling like something was approaching. Was it just her, or had the fog gotten thicker? She must have just been jumpy. But still, something didn't feel right.

Riechter took the CF4 and poured it into a flask. Twirling it around a bit, it started to froth and foam. He smiled. "Let's get to work, kid." With that, it began. Riechter demanded Simon to bring him all sorts of different chemicals and poured them into the solution. He work so fast that what he did seemed to be a blur. Then he nodded, stepping away from the table and doffing his safety goggles. "We need to let it sit for a few hours. So we'll leave for now."

Chari
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Snakeeyz99 on Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:03 am

Simon stood, mouth agape, then recomposed himself so he could follow Riechter. At least, he thought, he was in safe hands. But he still wondered what type of chemical they had just made. He dropped the idea for now, then looked up to his boss for instructions on whether to follow him, go back to his lab, etc.
------------
Francesca was, for once, slightly ashamed. "Well..." she said slowly, "I usually went from place to place to find shelters. However, I was hoping that I would be able to stay here from now on. I noticed that little glyphed niche in the basement, and it looks large enough for me to sleep in. And I'm sure a few extra glyphs could prevent any 'brainwashing' from that demon down there." She patiently waited for an answer.

Snakeeyz99
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ryoko Neko on Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:22 am

"Right..." Rensha said a little uncertainly. She definitely didn't look like she had gotten hurt at all. "Well, if you ever see another one, you tell me." His eyes looked around the area, as if expecting something to jump out. His left hand wandered to his gun like it had a mind of its own.

Kenshin sorted through several different vials of strange substances, most of the labels were gone or illegible; either from time or bad handwriting. He opened up a nearby cupboard. Inside were notebooks and more strange vials. He smiled. This was good.

Ryoko Neko
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lightning Flash on Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:16 pm

Lann shook his head at Francesca.

"Not happening unless you want to die. Nobody but the homeless sleep in churches. Especially not in secret compartments in them. While this is our head base, we can't let anyone else know that. To them this is an ordinary church. Not a very well kept nor large church, but a church. Peope used to come to worship here before the storm broke and occasionally they still do. We can't risk anyone seeing people living here. Also the power of the runic language is not powerful enough to prevent that demon from working on your mind. While it grants us powers beyond human understanding, we are weaklings compared to the demons. You wouldn't want to sleep there anyway."

Lann thought for a minute then continued to talk.

"While I keep the facade of a normal priest I occupy the house next door. I do have some guest rooms I don't use so you could stay there."

Lann smiled and added "I suggest you take the offer."

Lightning Flash
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Snakeeyz99 on Sun Jan 10, 2010 2:24 pm

Francesca nodded. She really had no choice, other than wandering the city that night like she had been doing. She did however note the fact that she was, technically, homeless, but only to herself. She would have to deal with what she was given until she gained the ability to determine her own life. The bracelet buzzed slightly in annoyance, it's curiosity of the church and its inhabitants put off for another day. She attempted to calm it, for the first time, buy thinking about how it would probably be better to attempt an encounter with such a powerful demon after they had learned some techniques and, perhaps, tamed a demon. It still grumbled, but it was otherwise silenced.

Snakeeyz99
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Snakeeyz99 on Sun Jan 10, 2010 2:24 pm

--Another accidental double post...I'll try to write something else this time, though--
As Simon waited, he took off his goggles. As he did so, however, he noticed something strange about them. Curious, he waited for a chance when his employer was looking elsewhere before slipping the goggles into one of his coat pockets. He decided he would replace the pair with one from his own lab later. Until then, though, he needed some new instructions, so he still waited for Riechter to relate these to him.

Snakeeyz99
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lightning Flash on Sun Jan 10, 2010 2:45 pm

Lann then nodded and stated to Francesca "Then if you would kindly follow me. I'll show you around the house."

Lann looked back at Arath then turned. As he turned Arath lept at his back fangs bared. Lann spun out of the way as Arath now suddenly sat on the floor.

Lann tisked and knelt down to Arath. "You have to stop doing that every time I release you. I can't exactly let you kill me. Trust me it's for your own good. Same rules as always apply again today Arath. Lann watched as Arath slowly padded back over to the spot he had bewen occupying before and sat back down. Lann turned to Francesca and smiled wryly again.

"Shall we go?"

Lightning Flash
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Snakeeyz99 on Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:14 pm

Francesca had been expecting such an event to occur since she had first seen the beat's resentment in the basement, so she was not surprised. She rose from the chair nonchalantly, wondering what the house would be like and where her life would go from here. She hoped that she would be able to do something important- to leave her legacy on the world. She was fairly confident in her success, as she knew from just being here that hard work would always give you the skills necessary to fulfill your goals.

Snakeeyz99
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lightning Flash on Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:44 pm

Lann led Francesca out the door, leaving Arath behind in the office room. As he walked down the stairs he looked out at the gloriously gloomy day. He laid one hand on the door handle and one on his gun on his waist as he opened the door to the street.

Rain flooded into the door of the church making puddles on the floor as he led Francesca outside but there he was confronted with an unexpected sight.

Not just one, but two people were standing out in front of the church. A man and a girl. The man looked fit and cocky enough to step outside in these times. And he had a gun, which always helps. But the girl? Eh. It was her life to lose. It would look amiss if he just simply went on his way, no god-loving priest would. Lann walked toward the odd pair.

"Can I help you children? You really should not be outside during these dark times."

Lightning Flash
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Snakeeyz99 on Sun Jan 10, 2010 4:04 pm

Francesca, not wanting to risk whether or not the people had seen her, followed Lann outside. When she had caught up to him, and noticed the fact that the man was armed, she decided to play the silent religious type in order to let Lann do all the talking. She nodded at the two people, smiling, and waited for the two to respond to Lann's question. As she nodded, she surveyed the man to check for other weapons, and saw none currently visible, then surveyed the girl, and found no threat from her. This led her to pay especial attention on whether or not the man would be hostile towards them, while she remained only slightly conscious of the close-to-no threat from the girl.

Snakeeyz99
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ryoko Neko on Sun Jan 10, 2010 4:30 pm

Rensha's reflexes kicked in again when he heard the door to the church open. He grabbed both his guns and aimed them towards the door, and the two people standing in the doorway. With his kind of lifestyle, there was no such thing as being too careful. "Can I help you children? You really should not be outside during these dark times." This man didn't seem like a threat, his words held nothing suspicious. But even still, there was something that seemed... dark. The girl didn't seem at all like something that Rensha should be concerned about... but still. His grip tightened on his guns as he spoke, "It's my job to be out here."
Last edited by Ryoko Neko on Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ryoko Neko
Member for 15 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!