Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Demons of Typhoon City (IC- Sign ups still Open)

a topic in Futuristic Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based in the future of any sort, use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

Re: Demons of Typhoon City (IC- Sign ups still Open)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lightning Flash on Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:47 pm

Lann bowed his head slightly then brought it back up. This man was obviously heavily trained. He had extremely good reflexes and carried not only one gun, but two. This man was a person to watch out for if the govergnment caught wind of the occoltists.

"Then I did not mean to offend you.. sir. I had no idea you were one of our protectors from the violence that surrounds us at this time. I can only pray that your job will be far less active in the coming future."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Lightning Flash
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Chari on Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:39 pm

"I was just out walking around... Father," she added belatedly. Considering that he had just come out of the church on a day other than a Sunday, he must have been the priest there. She figured that, even in these dark times, one still had to be respectful of the clergy. Just say what was on her mind, she asked, "How many people actually still come here?"

Riechter motioned for Simon to get back on the elevator. "You're free to do whatever you want now. Understand?"
Silverose
Laryn: He's not dead. Dogs may die, but cats have nine lives.
S-9:*chuckles* That guy's harder to rub out than the viruses in ancient computer programs.
Ash: Thanks a lot, guys. So what am I, an infectious cat?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Chari
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lightning Flash on Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:57 pm

Lann looked over at the girl and responded

"Not many. Even on Sundays these halls are often left empty due to the horrors of the present days. I just hope that instead of coming, they are praying at their houses for the passing of this devilish storm."

Lann was still thinking as he finished. Of all the questions, she asked about the popularity of this church? this church was never popular to begin with, which was why it was a good hiding place for the occolt. But now with the demons and the storm it was surprising she even bothered to ask about who came. But it led him back to the same question as before...

Why?

Lightning Flash
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Snakeeyz99 on Sun Jan 10, 2010 7:15 pm

Simon grinned and nodded, excited to get all the bloodshed out of his mind and to work again. "Of course, Mr. Riechter! Just call me if you require further assistance." He climbed onto the elevator, and soon he was back to his floor. using his hand, he blocked the gore in his peripherals and went back to his room. He slid his keycard quickly, entered, then shut and bolted the door. Checking out the room quickly, he put his coat onto the desk and mopped up all of his blood with his shirt. It was stained through already, so he saw no harm in using it as a mop. He wrung out the shirt and put it on. After this, he sat down in his office chair near the terminal and re-opened the encoded file. Working rapidly he decoded most of the document (it was a mixture between a caesar cipher and transposition cipher) and retyped it in a separate document. Once he had completed, several minutes later, he reread the e-mail:
"Congratulations!
You are now the owner of Laboratory 5948- Handlebar. The goal of this lab, like the majority of the others, it to discover a method of breaking demons to our will. Obviously, the Occultists have already mastered their own techniques. However, we search for a more permanent bond than those brought by glyphs...."
Simon continued reading the document. He had understood these goals from the beginning. However, it was the personal goal of his lab that surprised him. He had to reread the line several times.
"Your goal is to capture Demon DNA and to splice it with that of a human egg cell."
He glanced back at the biotank in horror. The eyeball stared out at him. Then, as if the moment could not be any worse, it banged against the glass. A large crack formed from the upper left corner of the window. It slowly spread to the center, where it began to spider out to the edges. Simon slowly backed up and fell into the corner by the console. A quiet alarm went off in the lab, but there was nothing he could do. The glass shattered, sending storage liquid over the floor and all over the equipment. Two small claws gripped the edge of the window, then slowly, but surely, the creature pulled itself out of the tank. Two small wings opened quickly as it landed on the floor, and it rapidly shook itself dry, breaking off its air and breathing tubes. Simon reached for a collapsable screwdriver in his pocket, but to his horror he had left it in his coat, on the other side of the room. The creature let out a tiny squawk as it tested its four legs, strengthened by a short life of swimming. Slowly, it's two curious eyes adjusted to dry air, and caught site of Simon. It's nostrils flared, then it crouched back. Simon had no time to scream as it leaped onto his chest, but he closed his eyes as he waited for the end to come.
-----------
Francesca kept silent, smiling at the strangers as she listened to their conversation. Indeed, it seemed the only threat they stood was their caution towards strangers. She decided that the safest option was to be kind.

Snakeeyz99
Member for 15 years
Promethean Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ryoko Neko on Sun Jan 10, 2010 7:34 pm

Rensha's eyes narrowed, but other than that, his face was expressionless. Several things ran through his mind. First of all, this man was calling him "sir," he assumed it was because of his position in the government, but obviously, Rensha was several years younger, 5 at least. Second, what was this man doing here himself? Even if he did work for the church, it was like he had said- it was dangerous outside. And third... who was this girl? Not bringing down his guns, Rensha spoke in a demanding tone, "And you two? What are you doing out in such a time? Surely if there aren't many people attending the church, there can't be too many preparations to be made for Sunday."

Kenshin took down several notebooks, and took out his own pad of paper. From a nearby desk, he grabbed a pen. Then, he proceeded to copy down the notes in his scribbly handwriting. Not long after he began, in a nearby room, he heard a commotion. With some difficulty, he disregarded it and continued, though he knew he was in greater danger of being discovered; if a scientist was in trouble, surely more would come to aid.

EDIT: Punctuation Error ><

Ryoko Neko
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lightning Flash on Sun Jan 10, 2010 7:54 pm

Lann smiled at the govergnment agent although his thoughts were anything but smiling.

"During times of great trouble there are those who seek the light of god. While there are few preparations to be made for Sunday, we have adopted sister Francesca (Motioning to Francesca) into our congregation. I was merely showing her around the church some more. As for the time, it is of no matter to me because I occupy the house next door."

Lann thought to himself checking the situation for flaws while he continued to smile at the pair.

"Now children, is there anything at all I can help you with?"

Lightning Flash
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Chari on Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:18 pm

Mai eyebrow raised unconsciously. "Sister Fancesca? Then she's a nun?" She definitely didn't look like it. She was missing all the clothes and the mannerisms than one would identify with a nun. Come to think of it, this priest didn't exactly look normal either. Then again, it she didn't know anything for sure, and it wasn't her job to. She should leave it to the government man. But she could help asking, "What abbey is she from?"

Chari
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Snakeeyz99 on Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:38 pm

Simon opened his eyes, surprised to be alive. He slowly looked down, expecting to see his body all wounded. He was shocked to see the demon-creature not ripping him to shreds, but licking the blood off of his shirt. After several moments it looked up at him, squawked happily, and went back to licking. Now that he was sure he was safe, for now, Simon carefully took off his shirt, to some protest of the creature, and put it on the floor. The demon jumped off of him and immediately began to lap up the still-dripping blood. Intrigued, Simon examined it. It was about the size of a medium-sized dog, standing on four legs, each with vicious looking claws. It's two batlike wings split from it's "shoulders", and ran to a head that seemed to be half-bat, half-dog, and half-something-else, with a tail on its back end. It appeared to be less of a demon and more of a pet, easily controlled. It became apparent to Simon that, being half human, half demon, it had inherited the appearance of a demon but the conscious of a newborn. Given time, one could teach it to coexist with mankind. However, this would also introduce some weaknesses. For example, the creature would never reach the same skill as a full demon, lacking the experience held by most. To truly master a demon, you would have to dominate an already living one rather than making a new one altogether. This was, however, truly remarkable. He had never even thought that cross-species genetic splicing was possible, yet here was an example right before him. The creature finished lapping up the blood, then looked up at him, its short, furry tail wagging, and it squawked again. Simon stood up and put on his lab coat, watching the creature. Slowly, he picked it up. After some struggling, it finally rested in his arms. He put it on the table, where it sat, watching him. It seems to be displaying childish traits, so it must be young, he thought.
-------------
Francesca, nervous that two guns were still being pointed at them, watched the conversation intently. Being asked a question, she first looked to Lann to answer.

Snakeeyz99
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lightning Flash on Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:41 pm

Lann noticed the suspicious glances by the young girl and started analyzing them. The clothes! Duh. Whenever they conducted church they put on those god-awful garbs. Then he heard the question. What abbey is she from. God these random brats were annoying! Now he had to come up with another somewhat plausible statement with as much truth as allowed.

"She has come from out of town before the sudden military blockade. To tell you the truth, we really are in desperate need of those of the faith and I have not even asked her which abbey she hails from. She has just recently sought us out and we were on our way to my house to converse. I'm afraid you have caught me before I have known. Oh and I am terribly sorry she doesn't speak freely. She appears awfly shy to begin with and with the madmen on the loose in the city, I've barel been able to get a word out of her."

Lightning Flash
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ryoko Neko on Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:57 pm

Rensha didn't believe a word of it. In fact, with every sentance, every word, every syllable, he became more and more suspicious. Wasn't it just a little too convinent that she came before the blockade? Or that she hardly spoke? Rensha was young, but he wasn't stupid. True, he did often overlook important things, but this time he was sure. And this time, he was going to trust his gut feeling. "Cut the crap already." he said rather hostily. "What's really going on here?"

Ryoko Neko
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Snakeeyz99 on Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:05 pm

Her bracelet buzzed, and Francesca's eyes grew fierce. "How dare you talk to a man of the cloth like that!" she screamed, "Honestly! After all he's done for me since the blockade began, with me never being able to see Sister Mary again, and him losing all his time trying to get me comfortable, just to be yelled at by some random strangers on the street! Apologize right now!" She stepped forward, towards the man, defying his pistols.

Snakeeyz99
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Crystal Blood on Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:24 pm

L'sar was laying on her stomach on top of the small skyscraper caddy-corner to the church. With her acute demon senses she could see and hear clearly the conversations of the four-some below, though she, herself, should be completely invisible. "Oh Absolom, you would end up involved with these moronic creatures. You never did have very good choice in company." she tut-tut'ed to her self. It seemed unlikely she would be able to pay her old friend a visit at this point. Two men with guns, a girl who obviously was trained in the occult, ti wasn't good odds for her. Even with Shadow, he would just cause more problems for her. Probably bring down the entire force on them he she let loose on his reigns. "Well, as entertaining as this is, I need to deliver you back to your father." She jumped up. "I'll come back here by myself later, let's go."

Crystal Blood
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ryoko Neko on Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:38 pm

Rensha couldn't help but be a little surprised. Could he really have been wrong? It didn't seem very likely. He closed his eyes, and, with a sigh, lowered his guns to his sides. After a moment, he opened his eyes again, and looked into the girl's eyes. "Look, I don't make any apologies, but I know when I've done a wrong." He turned, and started walking away. "Now if you'll excuse me, I'm supposed to be patrol."

Ryoko Neko
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Snakeeyz99 on Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:46 pm

Francesca relaxed, but kept her guard up. "May God be with you," she said, then stepped back.
-------------
Simon observed the creature for a while longer before he made his next move. He opened the door to the room, in order to let the creature roam round away from the broken window. The creature, interests, walked out of the room and into the bloodsoaked hallway. Simon watched it's reaction. It squealed in delight upon seeing the hallway full of blood and gore. It immediately began lapping up the blood. "That's odd," mumbled Simon, "it seems to be avoiding the limbs and only consumes the blood..." He waited for it to fill up so he could examine it more.

Snakeeyz99
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheDarknessWithin on Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:04 pm

"Oh no," Shadow said." Me and my father are going to help you." Father, the retriever needs help with a personal vendetta. She may have been paid already, but I'm helping her.

As shall I. This is a good experience to better your combat skills and power control.Scar sent to his son." I need to chain his inner demon soon, otherwise it will latch onto the powers and kill us all." Scar said to himself.

"Father's right, retriever." He said to L'sar." My inner demon is controlling me more and more every day. If we don't chain him soon........let's just say we'll all go bye-bye." Shadow said, waving goodbye to the air." He can meet us here, so we should wait and gather information on these people." As he watched, he felt her watching him." This isn't a favor because I like you-"he gagged.", it's because this other demon needs help. He's bound by ritual, and I can break it with that rune my father gave you." He took it. As he held it, it glowed red along the lines inscribed into the stone." Good, it's primed. Let's listen now." He said as he pointed an ear towards the conversation.
The only way to prosperity is through chaos.
The equal and the opposite must co-exist in order to exist at all.
How do we know that up is up and down is down?Assumption.
The only true knowledge in this world is the fact that death must always come.
The world is a phoenix(theoretically).There must be death in order for there to be rebirth.
perfection is imperfection.

TheDarknessWithin
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Crystal Blood on Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:51 pm

"Listen, gee... not that that isn't, like noble or something. But I don't even really like Absolom, he's kinnda a jerk. 'Sides, he'll weasel himself out of their grasp sooner or later. He's not really one to just take it, ya'know?" Swiping back the rune. L'sar gave a half smile. "But your father can still come. Less distance I have to travel with you." Sitting back down, L'sar gazed down at the people. From what she could hear, sounds like the church would be empty soon. Rescue or not, L'sar might stop by just to say hello.

Crystal Blood
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheDarknessWithin on Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:42 pm

"This isn't for you, and that's just damn lazy." He said, glaring at her."Plus, my father has you in his hand. One wrong move-"He made a slicing gesture on his neck."Just do whatever he says, and you'll live to feast another day." He jumped down."Give me the damn demon!!!"He roared, using his shadow powers to grow claws."He must be freed, due to the fact that I SAY SO!!!!!!!!!!!!!" He grinned evilly." You look..............................delicious>" He said, standing there and waiting for one to make a move.

TheDarknessWithin
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lightning Flash on Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:51 pm

Lann turned to the suprise demon. God damn these things were coming out of the woodwork nowadays. Too bad Absolom was still being held. This would look like a fun one to tame. He really had the piss off attitude that Arath had when he first got there. Ah well, right now he was still a preacher and no occoltist, after all that little girl was still there.

He turned feigning wide eyes

"Run! To my house he said pointing at his house that was next to the church. As he did that he took two steps into a run towards the church and turned, firing at the demon. He then ran into the church, beckoning Arath to him. After all, demons not under the control of the occolt were a liability. One he could not possibly afford, especially one as idiotic and psycopathic as this one.

As he came into the main entrance of the St. Marks church he spun around, Arath already at his side and he raised his gun at the doorway, ready to fire.

Lightning Flash
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheDarknessWithin on Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:56 pm

"Ha, I'm too strong for your bullets to harm me!" He yelled, using powers to stop the bullets in midair and break them. He came to the door." Who's ready to die!?" He roared, running towards them." 'Cuz I'm freaking hungry!!!!!!!!!!!!! Demon called Absolom, your rescue party of one is here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" He said, lunging from his run towards the humans.

TheDarknessWithin
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lightning Flash on Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:10 pm

Lann fired again and Arath now lept out at the demon. Lann's face began twisting into a demented smile, now that he was rid of any other human presence.

"Perfect." Lann said "It's been a while since there's been a challenge for one of my demons and you look like you'll do. Oh and by the way, there's no Absolom here."

Lann began thinking furiously. Even if Arath bought him a little time. Just a little. This demon must have run to get here without his knowing and it might be tiring. By first glance it seemed that demons had infinite energy reserves, but ones that fought demons and lived to tell about it knew otherwise. That was the weakness of a demon, bloodlust. It saw it's target and that target only, by Lann's expierence once engaged demons would not retreat nor surrender. He just had to use a cool head in battle and he should get through this. Of course, a few runes wouldn't hurt.

Lightning Flash
Member for 15 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!