Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

I am deoxyribonucleic acid. How do you do?

a topic in Welcome Desk: Introductions & Arrivals, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

First time on RPG? Make sure to introduce yourself here! Tell us what you're into, what you're looking for, and how you found us!

I am deoxyribonucleic acid. How do you do?

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DNA on Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:25 pm

Formerly known as DNA. ;D

I'd appreciate it if anyone other than Maestro replied to my post, but... well, you can't have everything, can you?

Back to the topic, I am DNA. A pleasure to meet you. -bows and smashed head against desk- T^T
First learn the meaning of what you say, and then speak. -Epictetus

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

DNA
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: I am deoxyribonucleic acid. How do you do?

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Maestro on Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:49 pm

Well rather than my formal informative post I think this post calls for something quite different. Welcome to our site DNA and as a staff member it’s only appropriate I reply to help out our new members – plus, the welcome forum isn’t what it used to be so someone has to start somewhere. And thanks to me and a few others it is growing to be livelier every day. Anyway, enjoy your stay here at Role-Play Gateway. Try not to trip. ;)

~ Maestro ~

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Maestro
Administrative Liaison
Administrative Liaison
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Completionist Contributor Greeter Concierge Lifegiver Tipworthy Beta Tester Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lady Velvet on Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:20 pm

I'll reply to your post! I'm always eager to meet new people on the site. It's good you meet you, DNA; you can call me Velvet, or V, or whatever, really.

Oh, and I would tell you that bowing while sitting at a desk doesn't always work out well, but it seems you figured that out on your own. =P

Anyway, drop me a line sometime! Or if you're interested in science fiction roleplays, you can check out "Pioneers: The Search for a New Earth." I just made it, and I'm hoping to bring in a a lot of players and characters with it. The link is in my signature if you're interested. If not, hopefully I'll get to roleplay with you sometime!

-V.
"Only put off until tomorrow what you are willing to die having left undone." - Pablo Picasso

Lady Velvet
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Traveler on Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:40 pm

So... I'm loving the acronym name, though I'm going to change it to mean something completely different just for fun. You shall now be known as:

Dinosaurs Need Applesauce

Anyway, the name is Traveler. Call me Trav, mainly because it's easier and the majority of the people here get lazy and don't feel like typing the entire name. It doesn't bother me either way. I am addicted to bubblewrap and ellipses (those little dots that signify trailing off into the distance as if in the middle of a thought...). I enjoy short walks near the beach, when the sky turns green right before a tornado, and when it rains and the sun still shines outside. Yeah... I bet you never saw any of that coming!

You seem cool enough, though I think you should give us some more information about yourself: What kind of roleplays do you like? How "skilled" are you in roleplaying? What's your favorite color? Do you have a weird pet peave? Do you have any quirks that make you seem different (I'll consider you amazing if you can name three)?

Oh... one more thing *hands over welcome cookie*. Welcome to Roleplay Gateway!

~Trav

Traveler
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lady Velvet on Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:46 pm

I agree with Traveler, both on your new name and that you should tell us some more about you. Also, a came back to snack a welcome cookie. *munch* ;)

Lady Velvet
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Prose on Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:34 am

I love all of you.

Fin.
(16:12:43) Prose says: Izzy does anything she can get her hands on.
(16:12:54) Namaru says: My god Xorn and Prose you guys totally did a bunch of crazy things, I'm sure
(16:12:54) Prose says: Coke, meth, heroine, crack, pot.
(16:13:06) Prose says: Oh that was really bad timing.

Prose
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Lifegiver Visual Appeal Beta Tester Bug Hunter Cult Leader

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr Ious on Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:41 am

HI DNA!

meet your friend, THE RNA

that failed.

The name's Mr. Ious, call me anything you want, but my name only has one correct spelling to it, which you have to find out yourself. I hang out mostly in the chat, so if you ever check the gambit's bar, you might see me there as a tomato (lol) or an onion (lolol)
Last edited by Mr Ious on Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:42 am, edited 2 times in total.

Mr Ious
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Prose on Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:44 am

The RNA... that's hilarious.

Prose
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Lifegiver Visual Appeal Beta Tester Bug Hunter Cult Leader

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aliath on Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:10 am

Please allow me to introduce myself. I'm a man of wealth and taste. I've been around for a long, long year. Stole many a man's soul and faith.

Won't you guess my name?

Aliath
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lady Velvet on Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:26 am

Your username is Aliath...which probably isn't the answer to your question, but I just realized it looks like someone with a lisp saying "alias."

I'm sorry. I'll be quiet, now.

Lady Velvet
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aliath on Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:39 am

Lady Velvet wrote:Your username is Aliath...which probably isn't the answer to your question, but I just realized it looks like someone with a lisp saying "alias."

I'm sorry. I'll be quiet, now.

You're no Rolling Stones fan, huh?

Aliath
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lady Velvet on Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:51 am

I suppose not enough of one to understand the reference. >.< Haha, care to enlighten me as to the origins of your username?

Lady Velvet
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aliath on Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:46 pm

Lady Velvet wrote:I suppose not enough of one to understand the reference. >.< Haha, care to enlighten me as to the origins of your username?

My username is just some random Tolkien Elvish-sounding thing I came up with. The Rolling Stones reference is in my first post of this topic. :)

Aliath
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby UnderINK on Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:50 pm

Nice to meet you--- ehm, let's stick to the abbreviation. ;) Welcome.
•civilization begins with order, grows with liberty and dies with chaos

My Roleplays
Without Absolution- a civilization on the brink of destruction

UnderINK
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DNA on Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:05 pm

:o Woah. Look at these response! |D I am grateful. -bows- ... I didn't crack my head again! -smashes head against desk light as I jump up- (x-x)

@ Maestro - Thanks. And I understand why welcome messages like those are necessary, and I'm sorry if I sounded ungrateful. ^^;

@ Velvet - I think that sitting under a lamp light is unrecommended as well. xD;; And I'll check out your roleplay sometime. See how sci fi is.

@ Trav - Noted. -puts up Dinosaurs Needs Applesauce in siggie- If you're addicted to dotty things, do you like dots ice cream? And rain with the sun out is... amazing. Have you ever seen a moonbow?

I'll add some more junk to my profile. Thanks for the prompts. ;D

@ Mr. Ious - I look forward to meeting you in those rooms... I just hope that there's a fridge in there somewhere? I'd hate for you to start rotting. Tomatoes and onions are best eaten fresh. :P

@ Aliath - Sorry. You lost me there.

@ UnderINK - Thanks... wah, you guys just keep getting older! 1 year, 2 years, and now three years! @_@ But the pleasure's mine, UnderINK.

DNA
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Maestro on Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:28 pm

All is well DNA but that message only made it more tempting to reply – so keep that in mind “next time”. Anyway, please enjoy your stay here at Role-Play Gateway. And don’t be discouraged by how long some of us have been here. Years and experience mean nothing; the only power here is the written word. As long as you have that I promise you’ll go places in no time. So get out there and start role-playing!

~ Maestro ~

Maestro
Administrative Liaison
Administrative Liaison
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Completionist Contributor Greeter Concierge Lifegiver Tipworthy Beta Tester Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DemiKara on Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:30 pm

YAY! This site now has DNA. What lovely thing to have. Welcome to the site, oh building block of life.
Patcharoo says: She's the squishiest in the game...

DemiKara
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 14 years
Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Millionaire Arc Warden Party Starter Builder Beta Tester Storyteller Donated! Contributor Historian Completionist Maiden Voyager Lifegiver Person of Interest Salesman

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DNA on Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:41 pm

@ Maestro - Threat noted. O_O;; jk. xD I shall go immediately!

@ Karato - xD Gotta add that to my profile. Thankie kindly.

DNA
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lady Velvet on Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:06 pm

My username is just some random Tolkien Elvish-sounding thing I came up with. The Rolling Stones reference is in my first post of this topic. :)

Oh, I feel silly. xD I get it now.

@DNA: Hopefully you'll find that you enjoy sci-fi. I love it. And Maestro is certainly right in saying that experience doesn't matter. This is my first real roleplaying experience, and I've only been here a week, but I created my own roleplay already! The site is very welcoming. =)

Lady Velvet
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ylanne on Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:16 pm

Wow. I'm dropping the 'form' I usually put in welcome threads (which isn't meant to be impersonal, just to ensure I didn't miss anything.)

I'm Ylanne, resident crime writer, love realistic modern roleplay. Glad to see you here, and I'm not Maestro and I replied. So ha! :) But Maestro's great too.
​“Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing.”
― Arundhati Roy

“The only way to survive is to take care of each other.”
― Grace Lee Boggs

“every day is another chance to practice living out the values that matter most to us. to be our best selves. to be the legacy we want to leave.”
― Mia Mingus

Ylanne
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Person of Interest Storyteller Beta Tester Builder Cult Leader Concierge Tipworthy Donated! Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!