Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

EIDOLON

EIDOLON

a part of “EIDOLON”, a fictional universe by >Marionette<.

A superpowers rp

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “EIDOLON”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: EIDOLON

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cloud on Sun Dec 27, 2015 8:59 pm

All these creative hero names!!
    Duct Tape, haha 'psionara'. Please, that's hilarious.

So far all I've got for Asteria is Helia, which literally means 'Sun' in Greek. Helia was the daughter of Helios, the Greek Sun titan, and that kind of ties in with Asteria's name too since Asteria comes from Greek mythology... though it's not as exciting as Psionara haha

Still brainstorming for Idris. (though Disney Princess is a strong contender ;) )

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Cloud
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Arc Warden Visual Appeal Friendly Beginnings Tipworthy Property Buyer Recruiter Storyteller Salesman Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Polarisbear12 on Sun Dec 27, 2015 9:22 pm

@Duct
Oh myxD You just made my day with thatxD
Bleach||A New Era
♀ Role Open
(10/25/16)
The Bear's Loft
CS's & future RP's

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Polarisbear12
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby fate0013 on Sun Dec 27, 2015 9:22 pm

I can't think of anything yet. I've been looking through names of ancient heros and such. I ended up thinking of Paladin, Azure knight, or maybe something that starts with captain idk, white hawk?

Don't worry, I have no idea whats going on either

fate0013
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Person of Interest Novelist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby bingubingu on Sun Dec 27, 2015 9:57 pm

@fate0013

I think something like Arch angel would suit your character well. With all the air touching and relationship seeing. Don't know if it would fit well with the lasers though.

girl groups and only girl groups

bingubingu
Member for 9 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby >Marionette< on Sun Dec 27, 2015 10:06 pm

It's good to brainstorm but don't get too attached to names, should you join the facility that will train "heroes" in teams you'll be given a name for the public to know you by (but you'll have a say in it) or the newspapers might give you a name. If you stay out of sight, which is also an option, you don't get one.

>Marionette<
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby fate0013 on Sun Dec 27, 2015 10:19 pm

@bingubingu

Actually I think that works pretty well. Even considering laser eyes. Thank you :)

@Marionette
Good to know. Can't wait to see who's characters take which route. Who's going to go public and who will try and keep to the shadow so.

fate0013
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Person of Interest Novelist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Solo Wing Pixy on Mon Dec 28, 2015 4:41 am

If Violet is given the chance to go all Cisco Ramone on people when she learns about their powers:

Sebastian - Speeding Bullet/Godspeed
Miranda - Starstalker/The Dark Detective
Rose - Tincan/Miss Magnet
Warren - Boy Blaster/Pulse(ESPECIALLY if when he air-touches it makes semi-visible ripples)
Nico - Chameleon/Human Sponge
Rayne - Heartrender/Warwolf
Idris - Doctor Morph/Animan
Luci - Radiance/Glowgirl
Otto - Flourish/Cardsharp
Alice - Dragonfly/Hyperion
Jolly - Copycat/Magic Mirror
Jude - Flicker/Professor Phantom
Jack - Sergeant Stretch/Bounce
Zach - Captain Carnage/Maser Master
Letty - Brainstorm/Mind Mage
Thomas - TBD/TBD
Violet - The Vindicator(Did you really think she wouldn't pick something starting with a "V"?)

Also, Violet is gonna go all out public all the way! And fuck government facilities! They are fascists who just want to use our powers as weapons!
We drink to him as comrade must
But it's still the same old story
A coward goes from dust to dust
A hero from dust to glory.

Modesty wrote:Where originality comes in is finding new ways to explore the things that already exist to us. Suddenly red becomes crimson, ruby, scarlet, cherry, carnelian, vermilion, cardinal, sienna, maroon, sorrel, rojo, sanguine. Suddenly red can become a metaphor, a picture, a symbol.

Solo Wing Pixy
Member for 15 years
Contributor Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Beta Tester Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby >Marionette< on Mon Dec 28, 2015 6:26 am

ANNOUNCEMENT

The IC is up, I'm starting with the night before everyone gets their powers because I have an interaction with Rayne to get in before that but you're welcome to start in the morning, Friday the 13th, when everyone gets their powers.~

>Marionette<
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Neodraconis on Mon Dec 28, 2015 11:12 am

Yaaaay! :D

I will have to start figuring out what will happen in Zachary's opening post then. Should I try and introduce both powers in the first post or is it up to each individual to do as he/she wishes?

Neodraconis
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby vengefuljustice8012 on Mon Dec 28, 2015 12:34 pm

@Solo: Human Sponge made me laugh way too hard. Nico would probably just shake his head and mutter something insulting in Yiddish ngl.

I definitely need to figure out what nicknames Nico will have for everyone... Don't worry they'll all be really insulting.

vengefuljustice8012
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Polarisbear12 on Mon Dec 28, 2015 12:39 pm

@Solo
Those are all pretty good names>w<

Any who. I'll be doing the same in regards to posting that is.

Would they have to start at home or can we start off the post somewhere in the city? Oh! Which reminds me>.< Sorry if this was already established before, I probably just missed it, but how do locations work? Can we just make up our own as we go or is there an already established set?

Polarisbear12
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mushu on Mon Dec 28, 2015 2:29 pm

So so sooo late to the party, but oh my do these powers look great! Seriously was not expecting them to be so diverse. And Jude's powers. Ohh boy. Harry's definitely gonna have a real tough time growing up - what with a walking lie detector for a dad and all. c'x

All I can say is that Jude will not be a happy camper when finds out. Far from it, actually. And as for going public...he might initially opt to stay out of sight (--literally) until someone coaxes him out/something significant happens that forces him out of hiding.

But srsly though, try to imagine him casually walking around the house and accidentally phasing one of his feet through the floor! xD

Mushu
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby fate0013 on Mon Dec 28, 2015 2:35 pm

Imagine walking up more stairs then there actually are, or accidentally sitting down on a "chair" that's not even there.

fate0013
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Polarisbear12 on Mon Dec 28, 2015 2:41 pm

That's actually pretty damn funnyXD Imagine if he was in a car and just phases through the seatono

Polarisbear12
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby bingubingu on Mon Dec 28, 2015 2:49 pm

Can't wait for Alice to rip doors right off their hinges.

bingubingu
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Solo Wing Pixy on Mon Dec 28, 2015 3:20 pm

All your accidents are little and cute. Meanwhile Violet is busy accidentally creating massive snowstorms.

Solo Wing Pixy
Member for 15 years
Contributor Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Beta Tester Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby fate0013 on Mon Dec 28, 2015 3:35 pm

Warren can NEVER have a staring contest. Ever. And he's probably going to not be able to wear sunglasses until he gets that laser vision in check.

fate0013
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Duct Tape on Mon Dec 28, 2015 4:07 pm

I was going to say something regarding Otto's power but it got very dark.

Duct Tape
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Polarisbear12 on Mon Dec 28, 2015 5:00 pm

Shame no one had the power to negate someone else's power. Imagine if Alice tried to fly but then ended up falling half way upxD Or someone yells out their attack but it doesn't work>w>

I'd say something about Letty's powers but her's are sort of small scale. She could always play a joke on people and have them slam into invisible wallouo It'd actually be really funny if she randomly starts to talk to stranger. It'll be like picking up the phone and just saying "Hello? Someone there?"

Polarisbear12
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cloud on Mon Dec 28, 2015 8:09 pm

Question, when would their powers appear? I.e any time on the morning of Saturday the 13th when they wake? I have Idris catching a curious glance of something when he wakes from a nap while at the hospital, but it's only just past midnight, so I don't want to have him experiencing anything if he wouldn't actually have his powers yet.

Cloud
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Arc Warden Visual Appeal Friendly Beginnings Tipworthy Property Buyer Recruiter Storyteller Salesman Lifegiver

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!