Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Everbody's Gay

a topic in Interest Checks, a part of the RPG forum.

Thinking about starting a roleplay, but don't have the idea completely finished? Post it here, not in the main OOC forum!

Everbody's Gay

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby End of Reality on Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:30 am

Okay, so hear me out on this. I had this awesome idea for a roleplay: basically, it's about an alternate society where everyone is gay -- literally. People have babies using sperm banks; popular religions declare heterosexuality an abomination; and other such flipped around things like that.

Attitudes towards heterosexuality are almost universally hateful. In the past, straights have existed, but usually killed if found out. Now, however, more and more young people are "coming out" as straight.

So, what I want to do is take current society, flip it around on sexuality, and magnify some things (such as the amount hatred towards a sexual minority group). I was also thinking of blending in some other backwards things from earlier cultures, such as slavery (or at least segregation).

And...that's all I really have that this point, really. So, what do you think? I might need some help from some gay people, just so I know I'm not stupidly getting anything wrong about how they act or use stereotypes, and so I have an insight into how a person of a sexual minority might "come out".

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

End of Reality
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: Everbody's Gay

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby End of Reality on Fri Dec 17, 2010 4:00 am

I also forgot to mention that it is not my intention, nor my wish, to offend anyone with this, so please don't take it the wrong way.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

End of Reality
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LawOfTheLand on Fri Dec 17, 2010 4:59 pm

Well, EoR, there's a guide in the Library about how to portray LGBT characters for straight players (look up "Thinking Queer" for more information). It boils down to a few bullet points, and the main point to keep in mind is that while there are a few stereotypical gays out there, the vast majority break the mold and live more or less normal lives. For example, bisexuals certainly don't think of themselves as sluts, they appreciate the beauty and sexiness of male and female forms alike.

This would indeed be an interesting way to vicariously explore the player's own thoughts about marginalizing certain sexualities in the society they themselves live in, and maybe help them see gays in a new light after getting a taste of what they go through. I'm for this idea, but I'm busy running another game right now. Dunno if I'll have time for this, but I wish you all the best.

LawOfTheLand
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years
Beta Tester Promethean Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Builder Donated! Party Starter Contributor Person of Interest Bug Hunter Streamwatcher Maiden Voyager Recruiter Greeter Visual Appeal Tipworthy Property Buyer Salesman Concierge Arc Warden Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RaeRaeButterfly on Fri Dec 17, 2010 5:01 pm

I am certainly interested in playing a person who has come out and said that they were straight :)

RaeRaeButterfly
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby End of Reality on Fri Dec 17, 2010 6:26 pm

qbsuperstar03 wrote:Well, EoR, there's a guide in the Library about how to portray LGBT characters for straight players (look up "Thinking Queer" for more information). It boils down to a few bullet points, and the main point to keep in mind is that while there are a few stereotypical gays out there, the vast majority break the mold and live more or less normal lives. For example, bisexuals certainly don't think of themselves as sluts, they appreciate the beauty and sexiness of male and female forms alike.

Really? That seems pretty useful. I'll check it out.

This would indeed be an interesting way to vicariously explore the player's own thoughts about marginalizing certain sexualities in the society they themselves live in, and maybe help them see gays in a new light after getting a taste of what they go through. I'm for this idea, but I'm busy running another game right now. Dunno if I'll have time for this, but I wish you all the best.

Thanks :D If this thing gets started, I hope you can find enough time to join.

End of Reality
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby End of Reality on Fri Dec 17, 2010 6:33 pm

RaeRaeButterfly wrote:I am certainly interested in playing a person who has come out and said that they were straight :)

Great! :D That's the sort of character I was planning on playing.

End of Reality
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby JonahFrenchToast on Sat Dec 18, 2010 3:31 pm

Sorery I didn't reply back to your message, but I am still extremely interested in this Rp, hope it actually gets started
Slowly Recovering, Still can't walk
FML
love you's :)
0_O
-Jonah

JonahFrenchToast
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby claw on Sun Dec 19, 2010 2:05 pm

hi

claw
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Person of Interest Tipworthy Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby iminmiamitrick2233 on Mon Dec 20, 2010 3:37 am

Wow, I think this would be a good roleplay, not only for the gay apect, but for the flip reality point of it, it would be interesting to find out in roleplay form what a world of Gays would be like, I myself am heterosexual, though leaning more towards the females (Im a female). I really hope this gets kicked off, and please message me if it does.

iminmiamitrick2233
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RaeRaeButterfly on Mon Dec 20, 2010 2:49 pm

Yeah, this will be an awesome RP when it get's going. But just saying...I'm taking a female role. :)

RaeRaeButterfly
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!