Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

hi everyone! new here :)

a topic in Welcome Desk: Introductions & Arrivals, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

First time on RPG? Make sure to introduce yourself here! Tell us what you're into, what you're looking for, and how you found us!

hi everyone! new here :)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Merieth on Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:10 pm

hi everyone! I just joined the forum today because I thought it looked fun~

I've always loved to roleplay, but I haven't really had any friends to roleplay with for quite a few years now. so, I'm hoping that I'll be able to find some friends here and hopefully get a fun roleplay started :)

not used to the system on this website yet, so I may just use the forum for roleplaying. hehe, hopefully I'll learn how everything works soon and join a roleplay!

thanks for having me!
I love Ezreal!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Merieth
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Friendly Beginnings

Re: hi everyone! new here :)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Graveyardfox on Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:23 pm

I do believe I've found a LoL player. owo What luck! *tackles and clings to*

*cough* Sorry. xD Couldn't resist.

Anyway, Welcome to RPG! I'm a little new here as well, was around about a year and a half ago, but I'm quickly learning how things work. I still don't understand the Tab System totally either, but a bit of poking around will do you good, since that's how I'm learning. :D
Call me Loki or Graveyard! ( ゚ヮ゚)

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Graveyardfox
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jag on Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:34 am

Welcome to Gateway!

The Tab system can be a little intimidating at first, but playing with it for a bit will reveal that it's actually a very unique system with some functions that are fresh ideas that change the way we roleplay around here in a good way. The organizational ability of the system is wonderful, in my opinion.

If there is anything I can do to help either of you with the Tab System and getting involved with the site as much as you desire, please let me know what I can do!

Again, welcome and thanks for joining!

Jag
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Greeter Party Starter Contributor Concierge Tipworthy Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kapento on Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:38 pm

Hi! Nice to meet you!~
I just joined earlier this week, so I'm kinda new~
It's nice to have friends to rp with, makes it fun!~
Hope you have fun here^^

Kapento
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LawOfTheLand on Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:02 pm

Good to see new members helping each other. Not something you see every day. :)

As my Mentor friend put it, the way we do things is somewhat different, but different can be good sometimes. This "roleplay tab" system allows you to link to your character sheets, enforce character approvals, regulate post length, and offer the flexibility of being able to post in a chat or forum style, among other things.

Make sure to post here if you have any questions, guys!

LawOfTheLand
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years
Beta Tester Promethean Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Builder Donated! Party Starter Contributor Person of Interest Bug Hunter Streamwatcher Maiden Voyager Recruiter Greeter Visual Appeal Tipworthy Property Buyer Salesman Concierge Arc Warden Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheScarletPlague on Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:39 pm

Hello, I am new here as well.
Just opened up an account, I've been looking for somewhere new to get my role playing fix. I think I may have found it! It makes me very happy.
Another LoL player. My main's Morgana. We'll have to battle some time.
I'm debating about what I want to do first XD it's all so exciting!
"Lips that Shakespeare taught to speak have whispered their secret in my ear." -Oscar Wilde, The Picture of Dorian Gray

TheScarletPlague
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jag on Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:41 pm

Welcome, TheScarletPlague! We're glad to have you with us as well!

Let us know if there's anything we can do to make your time with us better!

Jag
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Greeter Party Starter Contributor Concierge Tipworthy Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheScarletPlague on Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:58 pm

Actually, you can...
I am more into one on one role plays, not that I don't do forum role plays, I just usually have a very abnormal life schedule and quite frankly, I think a lot of the value of rp gets lost when you have a million people all working on one single topic, and I"m sorta bummed because I found one rp that I wanted to join but I had to provide a picture of my made-up character (I'm more into the whole idea that if you're a good enough role player, you don't need a picture...) but yeah, so anyways...
Is there a board you guys have that you dedicate to people who want to find one on ones? If you don't, you ought to, it would be good for traffic and such. If not, I can go searching some more but I'm really not having a lot of luck! XD
Thanks, you can call me Amanda

TheScarletPlague
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jag on Fri Jan 07, 2011 6:03 pm

Great question, Amanda!

Regarding the picture -- it's a personal preference. A lot of people just prefer stock images of characters because it's easier to see something. I make an effort, however, to encourage physical description at any time possible. If you'll notice on the Tab character application, the site tells you that words are better than pictures, so some of us agree with you!

Regarding one on one games -- Player to Player games are perfectly fine and encouraged as part of Gateway! We do ask that you not advertise games that will be conducted via e-mail, instant messenger or some other non-Gateway means as that is a violation of the rules, but I know that isn't what you're asking.

One-on-one games can be rule just like any other game. Create a thread and make it happen! Currently, we don't have a specific area dedicated solely to games of that particular nature, but you are more than welcome to make that suggestion using the Feedback Button. Still, create an Interest Check (before you create a game), Roleplayers Wanted thread (once that game exists) or do what you need to do.

I hope that helps. To avoid hijacking this thread, feel free to post in the Help forum, Roleplay Academy forum, or shoot me a PM anytime!

Jag
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheScarletPlague on Fri Jan 07, 2011 6:08 pm

Thanks much, Jag.
I will be looking into it more after I consume some pizza. =D

TheScarletPlague
Member for 13 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!