Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

A few of my favorite quotes - What's yours?

a topic in Discussion & Debate, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderators: dealing with it, Ambassadors

Talk about philosophy, politics, news & current events, or any other subject you're interested in!

Re: A few of my favorite quotes - What's yours?

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VindicatedPurpose on Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:39 pm

"IN A MOMENT OF PURE FRUSTRATION TODAY, I CAME TO THE CONCLUSION THAT THERE IS NO ANGRY WAY TO SAY “BUBBLES”."
- Anonymous
Like a stranger on a grate, or a skylark, or a taper, flying ever upward and knowing of love's satiety. Our dreams beyond the Sun and into the expanse of Night doth sound a quiet hymn.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

VindicatedPurpose
Member for 13 years
Contributor Promethean Author Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Party Starter Beta Tester Greeter Visual Appeal Lifegiver Tipworthy Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby spayce on Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:23 pm

"So I said to myself, take a chance. Hire the smart fat girl" -Miranda priestly

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

spayce
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby bladewolf175 on Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:04 am

"Help me leave behind some
Reasons to be missed." Lyrics from linkin park "leave out all the rest"
ImageImage Image

bladewolf175
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheVizzerdrix on Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:07 pm

"Let's ask the circling birds" Sokka in the Last Airbender
"You finally get off of some random cactus juice, and now your liking sticky stuff off a wall" Katara in the Last Airbender.
Game Over

TheVizzerdrix
Member for 11 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VindicatedPurpose on Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:08 pm

“We are all a little weird and life is a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love.” - Dr. Seuss.

"Every child is born an artist, the challenge is to remain an artist through adulthood." - Pablo Picasso.

VindicatedPurpose
Member for 13 years
Contributor Promethean Author Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Party Starter Beta Tester Greeter Visual Appeal Lifegiver Tipworthy Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby hunter24 on Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:06 am

"Be Quiet Pewdie.. Shh.. -Bang- God damit pewdie" - Stephano
If the world starts to burn then I plan on going out swinging. If I so happen to be the reason the world burns then I will make sure it ends in the most entertaining way i know.

hunter24
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Broken Alice on Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:19 am

"I'm dying." - Billy the Kid, Expendables 2
;]

Broken Alice
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby dealing with it on Sat Mar 23, 2013 7:51 pm

"An optimist may see a light where there is none, but why must the pessimist always run to blow it out?" -Descartes

"If we say ‘all animals’, that does not pass for zoology; for the same reason we see at once that the words absolute, divine, eternal, and so on do not express what is implied in them." -Hegel

dealing with it
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 13 years
Contributor Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Greeter Beta Tester Tipworthy Concierge Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby 3times on Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:34 am

I wish I could remember my favorite quote. Reading all of your favorite quotes I'm starting to re-think mine. I may have to read some more and see if I can choose one or two...like that's going to happen.

3times
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Xattm on Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:06 am

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why they call it the present." "The grass always seems greener on the other side of the fence, but when you jump over you'll only find a whole lot of crap."
When darkness comes, that is when we will see the truth about the people around us.

Xattm
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Author Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wicked_lullaby on Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:27 pm

"We're all in the gutter, but some of us are looking up at the stars."

Wicked_lullaby
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rossesthorn99 on Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:43 pm

live for the moments u cant put into words

Rossesthorn99
Member for 11 years
Author Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Colonel_Masters on Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:52 pm

War breeds hatred between nations, diplomatic compromise keeps it going.

Colonel_Masters
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby July on Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:25 am

Most of my favorite quotes are from Hirasawa Susumu and his music.. but that's all Japanese, so I won't mention those. However, I do have a few in mind that are in English.

Let's start with that amazing quote from The Network:
"Jensen: You have meddled with the primal forces of nature, Mr. Beale, and I won’t have it!! Is that clear?! You think you’ve merely stopped a business deal. That is not the case. The Arabs have taken billions of dollars out of this country, and now they must put it back! It is ebb and flow, tidal gravity! It is ecological balance!

You are an old man who thinks in terms of nations and peoples. There are no nations. There are no peoples. There are no Russians. There are no Arabs. There are no third worlds. There is no West. There is only one holistic system of systems, one vast and immane, interwoven, interacting, multivariate, multinational dominion of dollars. Petro-dollars, electro-dollars, multi-dollars, reichmarks, rins, rubles, pounds, and shekels.

It is the international system of currency which determines the totality of life on this planet. That is the natural order of things today. That is the atomic and subatomic and galactic structure of things today! And YOU have meddled with the primal forces of nature, and YOU WILL ATONE!

Am I getting through to you, Mr. Beale?

You get up on your little twenty-one inch screen and howl about America and democracy. There is no America. There is no democracy. There is only IBM and ITT and AT&T and DuPont, Dow, Union Carbide, and Exxon. Those are the nations of the world today.

What do you think the Russians talk about in their councils of state — Karl Marx? They get out their linear programming charts, statistical decision theories, minimax solutions, and compute the price-cost probabilities of their transactions and investments, just like we do.

We no longer live in a world of nations and ideologies, Mr. Beale. The world is a college of corporations, inexorably determined by the immutable bylaws of business. The world is a business, Mr. Beale. It has been since man crawled out of the slime. And our children will live, Mr. Beale, to see that perfect world in which there’s no war or famine, oppression or brutality — one vast and ecumenical holding company, for whom all men will work to serve a common profit, in which all men will hold a share of stock, all necessities provided, all anxieties tranquilized, all boredom amused.

And I have chosen you, Mr. Beale, to preach this evangel.

Beale: But why me?

Jensen: Because you’re on television, dummy. Sixty million people watch you every night of the week, Monday through Friday.

Beale: I have seen the face of God.

Jensen: You just might be right, Mr. Beale."

...Alright so it's quite a long excerpt from the movie, but that's probably the most powerful moment of any movie I have ever seen. There's also that Charlie Chaplin one, but that one is so well-known and equally long I will just leave it at that.

I can't really think of any others that I found truly amazing.. I guess that I could always return when I remember them. :)

July
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Author Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Papaya on Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:22 pm

"I smile because you've all officially driven me insane." ~ Unknown
"Just keep Swimming." ~Dory
c:..

Papaya
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Author Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby gafebear on Tue May 07, 2013 7:39 pm

"Sometimes the appropriate response to reality is to go insane."
-Philip K. Dick

...and he did.

gafebear
Member for 11 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VindicatedPurpose on Sat May 11, 2013 9:58 pm

"If we are going to survive this, you must realize that, fear is not real. It is the product of thoughts you create. Now do not misunderstand me. Danger is very real. But fear...is a choice." - General Cypher Raige (Will Smith in After Earth)

VindicatedPurpose
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ponerj on Mon May 13, 2013 11:09 am

“Love is life. All, everything that I understand, I understand only because I love. Everything is, everything exists, only because I love. Everything is united by it alone. Love is God, and to die means that I, a particle of love, shall return to the general and eternal source.” ~ Leo Tolstoy

"You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty." ~ Mahatma Gandhi

ponerj
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lone Dreamer on Tue May 14, 2013 8:08 pm

"People die if they are killed..." - Shiro Emiya
The things you cannot posses, are the most beautiful of all.

Lone Dreamer
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rossesthorn99 on Tue May 14, 2013 11:07 pm

Don't walk infront of me I may not follow, don't walk behind me I may not lead, just walk beside me and be my friend-unknown

Rossesthorn99
Member for 11 years
Author Lifegiver

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!