Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

A few of my favorite quotes - What's yours?

a topic in Discussion & Debate, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderators: dealing with it, Ambassadors

Talk about philosophy, politics, news & current events, or any other subject you're interested in!

Re: A few of my favorite quotes - What's yours?

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Anino on Tue May 21, 2013 12:02 pm

"Friendship is unnecessary, like philosophy, like art, like the universe itself (for God did not need to create). It has no survival value; rather it is one of those things which give value to survival." - C.S. Lewis

"My childhood may have been more demented than most, because I learned to read very early and was allowed to read whatever I wanted." - Poppy Z. Brite

“The opposite of love is not hate -- it's apathy. It's not giving a damn." - Leo Buscaglia

""You are a hateful woman. You defy me to the very end. But I shall forgive you. Some things are beautiful because they cannot be obtained." - Gilgamesh, Fate Stay/Night

Somehow, these are the ones I never forget :)

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Anino
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Arc Warden Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby xxwingless_angelxx on Wed May 22, 2013 1:44 am

" To overcome the problem, you must learn the lesson. School has many lessons you must learn, therefore school is a big problem."

This was a quote that suddenly popped up in my head.
Once it came to me, it never left. So, I guess this one's my favorite.

I luv cats......(^=o_o=^)< MEOW

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

xxwingless_angelxx
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby WrittenInScars on Sat Jun 15, 2013 5:51 am

"You have enemies? Good, it shows you've done something with your life" -Winston Churchill
The Secret of Consequence is The Death of Innocence.

WrittenInScars
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VindicatedPurpose on Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:16 pm

History is written by the winners, fiction by the losers. - Anonymous
Like a stranger on a grate, or a skylark, or a taper, flying ever upward and knowing of love's satiety. Our dreams beyond the Sun and into the expanse of Night doth sound a quiet hymn.

VindicatedPurpose
Member for 13 years
Contributor Promethean Author Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Party Starter Beta Tester Greeter Visual Appeal Lifegiver Tipworthy Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Colonel_Masters on Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:26 pm

Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it
those who can remember the past are cursed to reenact it.

George Santayana - - Your Favorite Colonel

Colonel_Masters
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Raziela on Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:13 am

"Some people live more in twenty years than others do in eighty. It's not the time that matters, it's the person." — The Doctor

"If you can't see anything beautiful about yourself, get a better mirror." — Shane Koyczan

"I'd rather be a could-be if I cannot be an are; because a could-be is a maybe who is reaching for a star. I'd rather be a has-been than a might-have-been, by far; for a might have-been has never been, but a has was once an are." — Milton Berle

Raziela
Member for 11 years
Author Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Colonel_Masters on Fri Jun 28, 2013 9:18 am

"My dear Melinée, my beloved little orphan,

In a few hours I will no longer be of this world. We are going to be executed today at 3:00. This is happening to me like an accident in my life; I don’t believe it, but I nevertheless know that I will never see you again.

What can I write you? Everything inside me is confused, yet clear at the same time.

I joined the Army of Liberation as a volunteer, and I die within inches of victory and the final goal. I wish for happiness for all those who will survive and taste the sweetness of the freedom and peace of tomorrow. I'm sure that the French people, and all those who fight for freedom, will know how to honor our memory with dignity. At the moment of death, I proclaim that I have no hatred for the German people, or for anyone at all; everyone will receive what he is due, as punishment and as reward. The German people, and all other people, will live in peace and brotherhood after the war, which will not last much longer. Happiness for all ... I have one profound regret, and that’s of not having made you happy; I would so much have liked to have a child with you, as you always wished. So I'd absolutely like you to marry after the war, and, for my happiness, to have a child and, to fulfill my last wish, marry someone who will make you happy. All my goods and all my affairs, I leave them to you and to my nephews. After the war you can request your right to a war pension as my wife, for I die as a regular soldier in the French army of liberation.

With the help of friends who'd like to honor me, you should publish my poems and writings that are worth being read. If possible, you should take my memory to my parents in Armenia. I will soon die with 23 of my comrades, with the courage and the serenity of a man with a peaceful conscience; for, personally, I've done no one ill, and if I have, it was without hatred. Today is sunny. It’s in looking at the sun and the beauties of nature that I loved so much that I will say farewell to life and to all of you, my beloved wife, and my beloved friends. I forgive all those who did me evil, or who wanted to do so, with the exception of he who betrayed us to redeem his skin, and those who sold us out. I ardently kiss you, as well as your sister and all those who know me, near and far; I hold you all against my heart. Farewell. Your friend, your comrade, your husband,

Manouchian Michel

P.S. I have 15,000 francs in the valise on the rue de Plaisance. If you can get it, pay off all my debts and give the rest to Armenia. MM"

- Manouchian Michel

Colonel_Masters
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby starkandskinny on Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:45 am

The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford by Ron Hansen
(including the dialogue parts only)

"You ever consider suicide?"
"Can't say I have. There was always something else I wanted to do. Or my predicaments changed or I saw hardships from a different slant; you know all what can happen. It never seemed respectable."
"I'll tell you one thing that's certain: you won't fight dying once you've peeked over to the other side; you'll no more want to go back to your body than you'd want to spoon up your own puke."

"No. I haven't been acting correctly. I can't hardly recognize myself sometimes when I'm greased. I go on journeys out of my body and look at my red hands and my mean face and I get real quizzical. Who is that man who's gone so wrong? Why all that killing and evil behavior? I've been becoming a problem to myself. I figure if I can get you right I'll be just that much closer to me."

There would be no eulogies for Bob, no photographs of his body would be sold in sundries stores, no people would crowd the streets in the rain to see his funeral cortege, no biographies would be written about him, no children named after him, no one would ever pay twenty-five cents to stand in the rooms he grew up in. The shotgun would ignite, and Ella Mae would scream, but Robert Ford would only lay on the floor and look at the ceiling, the light going out of his eyes before he could find the right words.

Band of Brothers

"Looks like you guys are going to be surrounded."
"We're paratroopers, Lieutenant. We're supposed to be surrounded."

"Yeah, kind of an Easy Company tradition, getting shot in the ass."
"Hey, even 1st SGT Lipton there, he got a couple of pieces of a tank shell burst in Carentan. One chunk in the face, the other chunk nearly took out his nuts."
"How are those nuts, Sarge?"
"They're doing fine, Bill. Nice of you to ask."

"Harry, fire's not a good idea."
"Just a couple of minutes. We're in a dell."
"A dell? Like where fairies and gnomes live?"

(After an officer is shot, the medic inquires as to how much morphine he was given)
"You don't think it might be important to let me know how much medication the man has had, huh? Because I do not see one syringe on the man's jacket."
"Sorry, Doc"
"Good thing he's a big man. Maybe he'll stand a chance."
"He was in a lot of pain, Doc. We didn't know what to do"
(shouting) "Well, you oughta. You know, you are officers. You are grown ups. You oughta know!"
No one does a slice like Big Rico.
NO ONE.

starkandskinny
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Contributor

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hyydra on Fri Jun 28, 2013 3:12 pm

"You may be able to destroy the beast, but the darkness shall rise again."

-Modern Warfare 2 quote from Makarov

I like this quote because it is oh so true. We may be able to beat someone who is dark or in a twisted way of life, but another person will always rise to take that spot. Corruption isn't an unlucky disease, it is a path that many choose to follow in their time of depression and anger.

Hyydra
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VindicatedPurpose on Mon Jul 08, 2013 7:49 pm

Everyone's a character. They change in and out of them like snakeskins, but there are others who are lucky enough to be human. - Anonymous

VindicatedPurpose
Member for 13 years
Contributor Promethean Author Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Party Starter Beta Tester Greeter Visual Appeal Lifegiver Tipworthy Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The_13th_Doctor on Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:27 pm

"Just do what I do; Hang on and pretend it's all part of a plan!" -- The Doctor

"It goes 'ding' when there's stuff." -- The Doctor

“There's something that doesn't make sense. Let's go and poke it with a stick." --The Doctor

"You know, the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common: they don't alter their views to fit the facts; they alter the facts to fit their views.” --The Doctor

"A straight line may be the shortest distance between two points, but it is by no means the most interesting” --The Doctor

“Whats the point in being grown up when you cant act childish sometimes?” --The Doctor

"Are you noticing a pattern here?" --The Doctor
Just do what I do: Hold on and pretend it's a plan!

The_13th_Doctor
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Colonel_Masters on Sun Jul 28, 2013 3:13 pm

"I hate EA too much, I can't even download their games any more because seeing the letters EA on my computer makes me feel dirty." - an unnamed gamer

Colonel_Masters
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby soulmiester on Sat Aug 03, 2013 12:56 pm

Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned. -Buddha

soulmiester
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Colonel_Masters on Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:39 pm

"I can only see that we must work with the left because parts of the right in Germany have gone mad.”-Stresemann, early 1929

"I can only see that we must work with the right because parts of the left, worldwide are utterly insane! .”-The modern equivalent, 2013

Colonel_Masters
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Colonel_Masters on Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:44 pm

“When is a tank a defensive weapon?”

“When the French have it.”

“When is the aircraft carrier a defensive weapon?”

“When the British have it?”

“When are fortifications an aggressive weapon?”

“When we have them.”-German diplomat, 1932

Colonel_Masters
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TCDinNYC on Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:25 pm

"Trust is like a mirror, you can fix it if it's broken, but you can still see the crack in the reflection."
-Beyoncé and Lady Gaga in Telephone

TCDinNYC
Member for 11 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VindicatedPurpose on Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:29 pm

It's like that idea on airplane flights where you must secure your oxygen mask before you can help someone else with theirs, if you aren't happy, how can you make others happy? - Anonymous

VindicatedPurpose
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Romaneck on Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:09 am

They weren’t killed. They gave their lives in service to humanity and they’d do it again, because it’s who they are.

There are no heroes in a world where heroes can’t die.
"Incessant wind sweeps the plain. It murmurs on across grey stone, carrying dust from far climes to nibble eternally at the memorial pillars. There are a few shadows out there still but they are the weak and the timid and the hopelessly lost.

It is immortality of a sort.

Memory is immortality of a sort.

In the night, when the wind dies and silence rules the place of glittering stone, I remember. And they all live again."

Romaneck
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VindicatedPurpose on Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:00 pm

Smart men know how to teach their children, wise men know how to learn from them. - Anonymous
Last edited by VindicatedPurpose on Mon Sep 23, 2013 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

VindicatedPurpose
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Black Hoodie on Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:47 pm

I fear not the man who has practised 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practised one kick 10,000 times.
I was formed in the shadows, in the void faster than light. Sheathed in darkness, the world expands, and I feel at home in a mystical place. When I close my eyes, and the void envelops me, I can fly, I can breathe in water and vacuum, I can change my shape and go anywhere I please, anytime I want. No information escapes me, for there was none to fall away in the first place; there is only peace.

Black Hoodie
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!