Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Gatewatchers

Gatewatchers

a part of “Gatewatchers”, a fictional universe by LookingAtPerks.

"This is the definition of Magic. It is the use of forces and energies that others are unable to explain with our current knowledge of Science"- Allen Blake, Founder of the World Gatewatcher Council.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Gatewatchers”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: Gatewatchers

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Alle9009 on Fri Jun 24, 2016 12:25 pm

Um. I meant my characters, not yours, haha. Also posted! And now to sleep...
"Fire flows hot in my blood, sparking through my nerves and veins. Heat curls deep in my belly, enveloping this body with warmth and turning into power. And with this power, everything I will shall burn."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Alle9009
Member for 10 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Chuckles on Fri Jun 24, 2016 4:36 pm

Yeah, I know, I didn't really word that well. Haha. Looking forward to reading the posts though!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Chuckles
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Arc Warden Novelist Storyteller World Builder Group Theory Lifegiver Person of Interest Tipworthy Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LookingAtPerks on Sat Jun 25, 2016 9:48 am

OI. OI.

Do I have to step up my game AGAIN with posting?

You guys are going to murder the remnants of my social life with this competition! >:(

LookingAtPerks
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Arc Warden Storyteller Person of Interest Group Theory Builder Cult Leader Beta Tester Salesman Friendly Beginnings Visual Appeal Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Alle9009 on Sat Jun 25, 2016 2:39 pm

Er, its not exactly a competition..? So there's no need to be so worked up about it. I think. (^_^')

Made a few edits, although mostly everything is the same. Just added more details. I had no clue what a Scottish accent sounded like despite constant research on the net, so I winged it and justified it by making the lady a troll lol. Also Aldred watches a sudden deathmatch between himself and Sillo like he was watching a movie - there's popcorn and mild commentary until he drifts away in thought about the nightmare haha.

Alle9009
Member for 10 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Chuckles on Mon Jun 27, 2016 6:58 pm

Hey Perks, Minori and Cedric are both completely unconscious. Cedric is probably missing half a leg (or more) worth of flesh too... seems a little weird that two department heads would just start talking to someone a couple of steps away from being a corpse like it was no big deal... ;)

Chuckles
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Arc Warden Novelist Storyteller World Builder Group Theory Lifegiver Person of Interest Tipworthy Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LookingAtPerks on Tue Jun 28, 2016 11:42 am

My bad! Totally somehow missed that, probably because I was still in shock over the epic battle! I will fix that sometime in the next few hours!

LookingAtPerks
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Arc Warden Storyteller Person of Interest Group Theory Builder Cult Leader Beta Tester Salesman Friendly Beginnings Visual Appeal Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Chuckles on Tue Jun 28, 2016 7:59 pm

Cedric is going to rest easy knowing he exploded the artifact that allowed Lincoln to have that level of automation. (Abes head is probably exploded for that matter... He was shot with the same rounds that exploded Cedrics leg, direct hit)

Chuckles
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Alle9009 on Wed Jun 29, 2016 4:20 am

And posted. I... kind of did a transition scene to show how the medical squads got there, and stuff, but if that's not alright I guess I could change it? I dunno.

Should probably just change it to exploded person in my post instead of Abraham Lincoln though. My bad.

Also, Nathan was being a bit hypocritical about Zane not helping out. Note that Nathan didn't go down to check on them himself, just went to get help from people he'd seen from the distance lol.

And um. I figure that I should get it out now, but Nathan was signed on as part of the Gatewatchers to act as a database for them. He wasn't really suppose to be on combat duty - he's mostly just there to act as support behind the front lines and note where everything is and what they've got like a curator, so on and so forth - but thanks to some recent changes, he's now going out to the literal front lines. Purely for recording purposes tho. That's why they allowed him onboard despite him being so young. Does that make sense?

Alle9009
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LookingAtPerks on Wed Jun 29, 2016 8:24 am

Well, as far as I can tell, Damion is only a Gatewatcher because both his parents are dead, he was raised by a Gatewatcher, and he is a thirst for vengeance that they can at least keep under control so long as he is a Gatewatcher.

Zane technically STILL isn't one but is one at the same time. He isn't on any database as an actual member (yet), so right now its totally honorary.

Maric is actually 26 or something.

So, I think it makes perfect sense Alle!

LookingAtPerks
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Chuckles on Thu Jun 30, 2016 8:09 am

I liked that post Alle.

I guess I can start working on my next post now, I think I can make a legitimate skip since Cedric isn't only mana exhausted and physically wrecked, he's gonna need to recover from his mana reaction too, and that's not something mana healing can speed up.

So I'll be crafting that post for a bit if everyone can just assume Cedric is more or less unavailable for a couple of posts. Bravo if you want to have Minori note something about that (assuming she is regaining consciousness in your next post) that'd be cool. She would probably be the one to bring up the fact that they won't be able to speed up recovery with mana.

Chuckles
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LookingAtPerks on Sat Jul 02, 2016 11:07 am

Also, I doubt the higher ups will be thrilled the T-Rex is still on the loose. XD

But, that also means I can use it later for nefarious purposes. :O

LookingAtPerks
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Alle9009 on Sat Jul 02, 2016 11:57 am

Thanks!

Man, Aldred is going to poke fun of Maric once he finds out that he's 26. "Oh, so you're a dwarf."

Nathan would probably be more (O _ O) I guess haha. Hmm.

Good luck with the post!

Alle9009
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Chuckles on Mon Jul 11, 2016 7:55 pm

I'm enjoying this post so far... I got to drink some scotch in honor of the fact that I was writing about Cedric drinking some scotch.

Granted I'm drinking like $40 scotch and he's drinking $1500 scotch... but that's the magic of roleplaying right?

Also, I'm ready for some more posts to read!! (And to pad the slight time hop in my post)

Chuckles
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LookingAtPerks on Mon Jul 18, 2016 6:29 pm

THIS LACK OF POSTING IS UNACCEPTABLE

PROTOCOL 6 HAS BEEN INITIATED

POST IS NOW INCOMING!

LookingAtPerks
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Chuckles on Fri Jul 29, 2016 10:07 pm

Hey all. looks like real life has been dragging a lot of us down! Perk up! Lets get some posts going! I certainly hope to get some work done on mine come Sunday (real life still has a claim on my Saturday sadly)

Chuckles
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Alle9009 on Sat Jul 30, 2016 12:47 pm

Hell week is over! Actually hell week x3 but eh, its getting better now, even if its still ongoing. And I have realised something.

I might've accidentally controlled Flip's character when I posted for Aldred. Curse sleep deprivation.

Sorry. Changing that ASAP - or well, tomorrow considering the time here and I have to figure out what to change it to. Kind of wish I knew earlier tho. Does explain the lack of continuation on that bit, at least partially. Flip, did you know about this? If you did, then why didn't you say anything?

If I do that again tho, please tell me.

Alle9009
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Chuckles on Thu Oct 27, 2016 11:24 am

So... Is anyone still hoping this magically revives? Cause I am.

Chuckles
Member for 16 years

Previous

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!