Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Greetings from the Underworld

a topic in Welcome Desk: Introductions & Arrivals, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

First time on RPG? Make sure to introduce yourself here! Tell us what you're into, what you're looking for, and how you found us!

Greetings from the Underworld

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hecate on Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:03 pm

Hi, I'm new to RPgateway, but not new to roleplaying itself. I have actually been roleplaying for a little over a year now, and decided to try my hand online. The genres I enjoy are medieval, and/or crusade era, with magic and monsters, along with fantasy. I'm not so much of a fan of realistic or futuristic roleplays, or large group ones. One or two people is about my limit, and I am particularly fond of oneXone's. Don't ask me why, it just a thing. My fandoms include Buffy the Vampire Slayer, and the Dark Knight, along with Doctor Who.

Anyway, enough of my babbling. I hope to make a lot of friends here, and expand my knowledge of roleplaying.

-Hecate
This is my world. I'm just nice enough to let you think it's yours. -Me

I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand. - Confucius

Just be yourself and people will like you. -My Mom (Ignore this statement for it is not true.)

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Hecate
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Friendly Beginnings

Re: Greetings from the Underworld

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ylanne on Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:38 pm

Hello Hecate, and welcome to Roleplay Gateway!

It looks like I have the unique honor of being the very first greeter to welcome you to our humble abode here at Roleplay Gateway! :D My name is Ylanne (it makes a spiffy username too! ---> ), and I am the site's resident crime writer. I'm also an editor (so feel free to ask me about publishing and the process if that's something you're interested) and part-time teacher. I'm always around, so you should feel free to drop me a line if you have any questions, problems, suggestions, or requests in regards to the site, your roleplaying, and/or your writing. I would be happy to help you in any way I can, in any way necessary or desired. I respond to all queries within 24 hours. Because you are new to this site and to roleplaying, I highly encourage you to take advantage of this opportunity. (Other people to seek help from: Dark blue usernames denote mentors, green usernames denote moderators, and red usernames denote administrators).

I prefer modern/realistic roleplay, and especially character-driven stories (basically literary work), but am open to almost anything. The only setting I will never do under any circumstances whatsoever is cybering, or any game or writing inclusive of sexual content beyond what is seen in a PG-13 film. I tend to be advanced/literate and write upwards of 500-750 words on average per post, so I expect the same from most others; however, semi-literate also appeals to me, so two paragraphs can work well too. (Surprisingly, I can also enjoy consistent one liner dialogue between two characters, but only if setting and other context has already been established.) I've also begun to participate in text-based fighting, which I found surprisingly interesting and compelling. (And LARP is the first kind of roleplay I've ever done, and it still remains my favorite).

If you're interested in private roleplay, just drop me a line anytime. Also feel free to check out the links in my signature. I have an interest check that's been open for a while now - a warning though: it's all modern and realistic settings. That being said, here's hoping you have a wonderful time here! The folks round here are great people and great roleplayers, with rare exceptions. You can find practically everything here that you've ever imagined or could want to write, read, or roleplay - and if you for some crazy reason you don't see it, feel free to create it. We encourage creativity - it's the reason the site exists. Other than Eric (our founder) having way too much free time on his hands!

To shamelessly advertise, check out Hayya, which is a character-driven advanced/literate dark fantasy open roleplay. It's my only non-realistic roleplay I've ever written and it needs characters! :) And my newest roleplay is The Station, which is my typical modern/realistic setting, which has 15 accepted characters and an IC thread. It's always accepting and could use more older and/or police characters. :)

Be sure to take a look at the site rules. There are only five of them, but they're all integral to the continued success of this community. Members on this site use the forums, the chat system, and the Roleplay Tab system for roleplaying. For help with the Roleplay Tab system, which is unique to our site, you might want to look at this user written guide. By the way, my reference guide, Ylanne's Guide to Roleplay Terminology includes not only general roleplaying terms (useful for those new to roleplaying altogether), but also a number of terms used specifically on this site (useful for anyone new to this site, or anyone acclimated to slightly different terminology).

And once again, welcome! I hope to see you more often around the forums. If you need anything, don't hesitate to ask.

Blessings and peace,
Ylanne
​“Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing.”
― Arundhati Roy

“The only way to survive is to take care of each other.”
― Grace Lee Boggs

“every day is another chance to practice living out the values that matter most to us. to be our best selves. to be the legacy we want to leave.”
― Mia Mingus

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Ylanne
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Person of Interest Storyteller Beta Tester Builder Cult Leader Concierge Tipworthy Donated! Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!