Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Greetings

a topic in Welcome Desk: Introductions & Arrivals, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

First time on RPG? Make sure to introduce yourself here! Tell us what you're into, what you're looking for, and how you found us!

Greetings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Patches on Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:43 am

Greetings everyone, I figured I would introduce myself here to make life a bit easier for myself. I've been looking for some decent RP recently since my SWTOR guild RP is coming to a crawl. A friend of mine put me in the direction of this site and said I would be able to find a wide variety of RP.

So here I am now the site looks promising but I am to some degree a elitist, being that I prefer to work with those that invest themselves in their writing. Meaning punctuation and grammatical errors do annoy me a little along with the misuse of words and poor sentence structure. I'm not talking about one or two mistakes thats not a big deal but a constant stream will put me off. Now I myself make mistakes in concerns to these, though I make it a point to avoid doing so and when I do they are far and few between.

A little about myself, I only really started forum RP about a year ago and before that I RP'd in MMO's like WoW and LOTRO. I RP in a SWTOR guild in preparation for the release of the game. I'm a very creative writer and generally have a hard time bringing myself back to reality. I always find myself day dreaming in the middle of lectures or writing down ideas for my RP. I'm currently attending college and plan on majoring in creative writing with a minor in Graphic design. I do a lot of my own art work for my characters since I invest a lot of myself in them, everything from the concepts to the finished product. On my spare time I tend to read, write, draw, watch anime, play games on my Xbox 360, paintball and hang out with my friends.

A little more information on my hobbies

Well I read fantasy and sci-fi novels, some of my favorites being The Lord of the Rings Trilogy, Eragon series, Star Wars: Republic Commando series.
For manga and anime some of my all time favorites are Trigun, Cowboy Bebop, Black Lagoon, Claymore, Ghost in the Shell, Rurouni Kenshin/Samurai X, FullMetal Alchemist and Biomega.

I'm a freshman in college and out of class am an avid gamer. I play Halo Reach, COD:BO, ME2, GoW2 and once it releases on Tuesday Dragon Age 2 which I am looking forward to the most ^_^

I look forward to getting to know as many people as I can here and hopefully writing up some quality RP. If you have any questions feel free to ask.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Patches
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Friendly Beginnings

Re: Greetings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LawOfTheLand on Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:35 am

We already has a Patch. I is confused.

Anyway, good to have you aboard! It's nice to see someone willing to tell us a bit about themselves. While your tastes in personal entertainment are clear (lots of things going boom), I'm guessing your RP is very Star Wars-oriented, which is along the same lines.

Ever tried Nation RP? It's a fairly unique system that basically takes the time-tested formula of "the city is under attack, where are our heroes?", only you're playing the city and its forces matching wits with threats from abroad. Of course, it's never so simple, but AzricanRepublic, Ottoman and Barney Fife might be able to point you in the right direction.

You seem like a pretty sharp tack, so I'm gonna let you run wild. Don't break too much furniture, though.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

LawOfTheLand
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years
Beta Tester Promethean Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Builder Donated! Party Starter Contributor Person of Interest Bug Hunter Streamwatcher Maiden Voyager Recruiter Greeter Visual Appeal Tipworthy Property Buyer Salesman Concierge Arc Warden Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Scythe Massakür on Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:56 pm

Ah, a new member. Seems that QB has approved you, so I needn't say much more. Welcome. QB keeps his cookies behind the refrigerator.
Scythe Massakür's quote of the month:

Women are like whiskey: pleasing to the eye, warming to the heart, and the cause of the world’s worst headaches.

Scythe Massakür
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Patches on Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:38 pm

My RP varies with whatever environment I find myself in or role I am taking on, though I do enjoy lots of explosions and pew pew lasers. I doubt I will be starting up or joining in on anything SW oriented here as I have my fix for that already.

I haven't done anything like this before where one has access to so many different kinds of RP, I'm more accustomed to this is the RP theme, stick to it and you can write up whatever you want. I'm actually a bit nervous to be honest.

Personally I tend to play one of two characters the silent warrior and the flirtatious, wisecracking comedian.

As for Nation RP no I can't say I have ever took part in anything quite like that, yet it does sounds intriguing.

Oh and what type of cookies are we talking about here???

Patches
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby leopardspotz17 on Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:46 pm

Hello, Patches

Welcome to the site! Once you mentioned Lord of the Rings, I thought to myself, "I like this guy...". Throw in some good, healthy Xbox, and you are officially awesome. I tip my hat.

I can understand the overwhelming situation. The massive amount of writing going on here can hit you like a brick wall. But just jump in! Find something you like, and write away. It's insane how quickly you can become involved.

Also, I like your choice of characters. Personally, I enjoy the sarcastic, arrogant character... or perhaps the mentally unstable, quiet one. :)

Finally, the legendary QB has acknowledged you. Well done. ;) Just kidding, of course.

Again, welcome! I hope you enjoy the site and the people who wander it.
~Liz

leopardspotz17
Member for 14 years
Promethean Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Patcharoo on Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:09 am

Don't worry QB, my psychic abilities allowed me to ask for my name to be changed last night, and lo' behold there shall be no confusion between names.

Welcome aboard Patches, hope you do the name proud ;).

And for the name alone you get a free RP with me if I ever see you around.
Circ wrote:When I first joined RolePlayGateway, it was a place where positive conflict fostered creativity and friendships were formed rather than cliques. Honesty and transparency were valued, new people were incorporated into the community rather than judged based on what style of writing they preferred, and despite the youthfulness and zeal of the population there prevailed a reasonable degree of common sense.

Patcharoo
Legend
Legend
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Donated! Millionaire Arc Warden Beta Tester Contributor Group Theory Person of Interest Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Patches on Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:14 pm

Thanks I appreciate the warm welcome from all of you. Once I finish with my midterms I'll be able to jump into some RPs I hope.

Patches
Member for 13 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!