Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Greetings...

a topic in Welcome Desk: Introductions & Arrivals, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

First time on RPG? Make sure to introduce yourself here! Tell us what you're into, what you're looking for, and how you found us!

Greetings...

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ayame Aoyma on Sat Apr 09, 2011 5:46 pm

Hello all at Roleplay Gateway;

I would like to take a few minutes of your tie to say Hi I am the newest batch of fresh meat in your humble abode. I will answer all questions you wish to ask at the end of this introduction so without delay let me get started.

My username is Ayame Aoyma you may call me Aya/Ayame/Ayame A or something unique if you wish to do so, I am quite familiar with forums and roleplays I consider myself to be an intermediate and have been roleplaying on forums since 2002/3, I suffer from dis...des...'is...One moment googling a word I still can't spell...A-ha here it is "Dyslexic" in both reading and written so please don't be too mean if there are spelling errors in my post (Trust me I do try my best on my spelling).

I will not tell you my age but I will say I am a proud female and that I try my best in roleplays if I am having a problem with a character for a roleplay being ran by someone else I will get in touch with a current copy of the profile for feedback or just general help on trying to get it accepted the lengths of my posts can vary in sizes depending on the music I am presently listening to and previous posts leading to my posts, I do occsionally suffer writers block to which beraly gets me an acceptable paragraph if I am luck and when I am on a good day I can put out a fair few (But to be honest I think the more high end professional roleplayers can get 5-10 paragraphs with writers block and 25+ without.)

For geners of roleplay I do again vary depedning on my mood or if the stroy line has me hooked to it. I tend to make roleplays in the fantasy/sci-fi area though most of my roleplays get their inperation from games or shows I watch.

That puts an end to my intorduction and I will happily start taking questions...
Eek! I hate new phones where is the collection of games I just put on this thing?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Ayame Aoyma
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: Greetings...

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LawOfTheLand on Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:07 pm

"High end professionals"? 5-10 paragraphs is a bit much for anyone. I'm considered pretty good and I rarely get over 300 words.

Anyway, hi there, Ayame. It's perfectly okay to be fresh meat, just as long as you're not bacon. We have a love affair with that particular foodstuff, as all geeks seem to. Lilaiy, Tsukihana and/or Eastep should be around any moment now, possibly Jag. Basically, we have the Moderators for general helpfulness, Mentors for roleplaying helpfulness, and Admins for technical helpfulness. Scroll to the bottom of the main forum page and click the group name for a full list (some people try to hide one of their colors by using another).

Maybe I'll see you around. Who knows. (By the way, this is about my average forum post length.)

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

LawOfTheLand
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years
Beta Tester Promethean Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Builder Donated! Party Starter Contributor Person of Interest Bug Hunter Streamwatcher Maiden Voyager Recruiter Greeter Visual Appeal Tipworthy Property Buyer Salesman Concierge Arc Warden Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CortexiphanGirl on Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:34 am

Hello Aya,
Welcome to RPG! There is so much to do, see, write and read here at Roleplay Gateway, I can’t wait for you to get started. Here are some helpful links:

Rules and Regulations
The Newbie Guide to RPG
The Roleplay Tab
The Role Play Academy

There are many, many resources in these links to help you become more acquainted with RPG. However, if you have any other questions don’t be afraid to ask, either in this thread, through PMs (which unlock after you’ve posted 10 times, so go join in on some of our Forum Games!) or in the OOC chat! I wouldn't worry about a spelling mistake here or there, but one thing that I do that is invaluable to me: writing my posts in a Word document. I didn't used to do this, and I would post things only to realize that I needed to go back and edit them. However, now I just have a Word pad open, write my peace, make it perfect and then copy and paste! Maybe this would work well for you too!

Looking forward to reading from you soon,
Lilaiy

CortexiphanGirl
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Contributor Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby alwaystheunlucky on Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:54 pm

Welcome fellow fresh meat, it nice to meet you! (So tempted to use a pun there)

alwaystheunlucky
Member for 13 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Howl_asura on Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:16 am

* bows * greetings Ayame I am Howl Asura I am also a new person around here. i am pleased to make your acquaintance.

Howl_asura
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!