Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Halloween!

a topic in Discussion & Debate, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderators: dealing with it, Ambassadors

Talk about philosophy, politics, news & current events, or any other subject you're interested in!

Halloween!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Avey on Thu Sep 23, 2010 6:58 pm

Halloween! It is almost that time of year again!

Halloween has been one of my favorite hollidays because it give me an excuse to be a weirdo without anyone looking at me funny. . . xD I also like to go to a theme park on halloween. . . I haven't trick or treated in a long time. . . the last time I can remember was when i was 6 maybe 7.

So my question is, what do you want to be for Halloween or dress up as? And what are your favorite things to do during this time of year?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Avey
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Lifegiver

Re: Halloween!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ViceVersus on Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:42 am

Ohhh man. I'm eighteen now, and I don't think I'll be able to feasibly go trick-or-treating.

When I lived in Michigan, I always went with my best friend who was my age, but he had about three brothers that were younger (ages 5, 10, and .. 15, I think)? so we had an excuse to go with them. I was never really into dressing up as specific characters from a movie or something, but I'd do my hair, throw on whatever dressup clothes I could find .. that sort of thing. I really do just love Halloween.

In Chicago, they have haunted segue tours. Let me say that again. You get on a segue, and your tour guide takes you to all the haunted sites in downtown Chicago. While you're gliding, willing yourself forward on a segue.

I'm sorry if that doesn't sound wildly exciting to you. But it's true!

So yeah! That's a bit about Halloweens past and (hopefully) future.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

ViceVersus
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Lifegiver Visual Appeal Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Village Alchemist on Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:24 pm

I do not care about Halloween. It was a nearly-extinct pagan holiday that would have been better off being left in the supersitious dust of history, but was pumped full of steroids and crack by clothiers and confectioners for the sake of a profit.

Village Alchemist
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ViceVersus on Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:30 pm

Yes, Village Alchemist ..

.. but you get candy!

ViceVersus
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Lifegiver Visual Appeal Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Omnichromiogasm on Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:36 pm

Nobody is too young for trick or treating. it's just the older ya get, the creepier and more wtf you look. I used to go trick or treated a lot, but now? I usually get that day off and AMC (American Movie Classics) does a kick ass marathon of scary movies.

All the Alfred Hichcock Movies
Mell Brooks' Young Frakenstien
All the Halloween Movies
All the Nightmare on Elm Street Movies
The first 3 Chuckie movies
Texas Chainsaw Massacre
All the old Jason Movies

And this is all for just that week of Halloween itself. ALL ON ONE CHANNEL.

Then in Sci Fi, they usually do Stephen King movies: Rose Red, The Stand, Misery, etc. etc.

This is what I've been doing the past two halloweens with buddies. We all go to someone's house after buying damn near 50 bucks of halloween candy (which is cheaper than hell AFTER halloween!) as well as a shit ton of other food and just hang out in the living room to watch as many movies as we can before we vomit up our stomachs and god knows what else we ingested.

Sometimes, just for the hell of it, we dress up and scare the shit out of each other or little kids in the neighborhood.

Omnichromiogasm
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aniihya on Fri Sep 24, 2010 4:34 pm

On halloween I guide my superstitious neighbors and children through a haunted forest, a haunted building and scare them.
Everybody! Unless you have been in a roleplay with me in the past and were loyal to it, do not PM or text me about joining your RP.

I do NOT do Pokemon, Yugioh, WoW or any such RPs.

Please be aware of this.

Aniihya
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Tipworthy Tipworthy Visual Appeal Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Avey on Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:17 pm

ViceVersus: Cool thing, you were a bit more creative them me with the dressing up aspect. I always wanted to be a Disney princess every year xD. Those tours sound pretty cool, that would be something I would like to experience. . . . that and Queen Mary I suppose. xD

Village Alchemist: YEAH YOU GET CANDY! xD

Omnichromiogasm: Oh yeah they do have those halloween special's on TV! I totally forgot about them lol. That sounds like something I might try this year. I want to do so much, but I lack the funds. lol And scaring children is freaking hilarious. . .xD

Aniihya: That sounds fun! I usually scare easy so. . . yeah. lol

Avey
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VitaminHeart on Tue Oct 12, 2010 5:52 am

I've never been allowed Trick or Treating, my parents always vehemently disagreed with it, and now I'm kinda old for it sooo...probably going to go to a party instead. Mainly becuase I love making costumes and this gives me an excuse. This year I'm dressing up as a Splicer from the Bioshock games, putting on a dress, facepaint for rotten mutant bits, wearing a load of fake bandages and a masquerade mask.

My only problem is where to find something like a fake crowbar or rusty hook.
The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous. Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose, so let me simply add that it's my very good honour to meet you and you may call me Vit.

VitaminHeart
Scholar
Member for 14 years
Contributor Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Beta Tester Greeter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Village Alchemist on Tue Oct 12, 2010 4:15 pm

Just bring a crowbar. A crowbar is one of those items that are actually much easier to find real than fake.

Village Alchemist
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VitaminHeart on Tue Oct 12, 2010 4:38 pm

I can'y actually find a crowbar anywhere though.

I have found some hooks today though, so it's all good.

VitaminHeart
Scholar
Member for 14 years
Contributor Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Beta Tester Greeter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr_Doomed on Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:49 pm

Last year, my friends and I dressed up as various classic Halloween costumes, got our old supersoakers and had a huge watergun fight around our neighborhood. Some people would use civilians as cover and I think we pissed off a few too many people that day. The year before that we dressed up as terrorist bombers. I legitimately scared a few people that time because some people were dumb enough to believe I did have bombs strapped to me.
This year though, I am going to just do something with my friends (Still undecided), but whatever we do, I am dressing up as a bedsheet ghost with too many holes cut out like Charlie Brown. It will be awesome.
“I have wrestled with death. It is the most unexciting contest you can imagine. It takes place in an impalpable greyness, with nothing underfoot, with nothing around, without spectators, without clamour, without glory, without the great desire of victory, without the great fear of defeat, in a sickly atmosphere of tepid scepticism, without much belief in your own right, and still less in that of your adversary.”
― Joseph Conrad

Mr_Doomed
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Avey on Sat Oct 16, 2010 5:37 pm

VitaminHeart: Ah sweet, a party seems cool :D I actually have to find something to do this weekend. I want to rave but I dunno if that is gonna happen xD I do not know what a Splicer is but, it seems cool the way you are describing it!

Mr_Doomed: A street water fight!?! That seems epic and a good idea actually lol. The terrorist thing was NOT a good idea. >> Haha I hope you have fun being a non-scary ghost! :P lol

Avey
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LawOfTheLand on Sat Oct 16, 2010 6:12 pm

Arguably my most elaborate costume was when I went as Luigi one year. Got the pencil 'stache painted onto my face, the green turtleneck, the blue overalls, the pipe wrench, and a bunch of other minor details.

These days, some people say I could pull off one hell of a Gordon Freeman due to my full beard and glasses. All I'd need is a crowbar and an NBC suit or something. Given that I've never played Half-Life, the outfit is going to be tricky.

LawOfTheLand
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years
Beta Tester Promethean Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Builder Donated! Party Starter Contributor Person of Interest Bug Hunter Streamwatcher Maiden Voyager Recruiter Greeter Visual Appeal Tipworthy Property Buyer Salesman Concierge Arc Warden Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr_Doomed on Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:24 pm

Aveline: I guess in hindsight the terrorist wasn't the greatest idea, but I still got a few laughs from it. Oh and I will have fun being a non-scary ghost!

Mr_Doomed
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!