Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Hello my dears (:

a topic in Welcome Desk: Introductions & Arrivals, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

First time on RPG? Make sure to introduce yourself here! Tell us what you're into, what you're looking for, and how you found us!

Hello my dears (:

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby omg---elaisamazzing on Fri May 02, 2008 5:41 pm

Hi, I'm Ela. my bio describes everything you need to know. Okay? But if I must repeat myself cause you're to lazy to go see for yourself. Then fine I'll summarize everything.

I hate net speak. Leave me alone if you do so. And I only rp with people who are capable of posting 3 paragraphs minimum. Oh and one more thing, Smilie icons/emoticons= everything evil. So I suggest you don't use them when speaking to me. Okay? Now let's be friends.(:

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

omg---elaisamazzing
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Friendly Beginnings

Re: Hello my dears (:

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby muketsu_bara on Fri May 02, 2008 6:06 pm

Welcome to RPGateway!

I am known as Rose. If you need any help or have any questions, you can most likely find one of the many amazing mods floating around the chatbox or hiding amongst the pages of many great role plays.

My signature explains a great deal about this site so read it and have a few laughs on me. You can find me haunting the threads or in the rafters in the chatbox.

Welcome!
"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our Light, not our Darkness, that most frightens us." - Marianne Williamson
ImageImageImage

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

muketsu_bara
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Concierge Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mid on Fri May 02, 2008 6:09 pm

*coughs* Well... hello? And welcome I guess. Well if ya need any help then I guess you can pm a mod or someone whose "willing" to help ya out after that speech.

But to be honest, you seem a bit mean and it seems a few people were turned off by the way you presented yourself. Mayhaps a bit of humble pie yourself? =D And also... we love smilies here, :D.
Bai Bai bby

Mid
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Contributor Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ClassicBlackStilleto on Fri May 02, 2008 6:10 pm

Hope to see you in one of the forums!!

ClassicBlackStilleto
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LordSaladin on Fri May 02, 2008 6:19 pm

y0 th3r 3la. :D

im c0nv0lut3d mu51ng5. =^_^=

im m057 pl3453d 7h47 i w45 4b13 2 f1nd an07h3r rp3r w17h 7h3 54m3 pr1nc1pl35 45 my 0wn! ^_^

Of course, however, I won't keep up the internet talk, as it is purely evil. :(

I would, however, give you some scant advice, as you are new to this site, and I am in quite a good mood for once. A rare occurrence for me, even rarer is for me to be anything that even resembles pleasant and civil.

Your snobbery is pretty much offputting. I will be honest and say I have now no desire to RP with you. Why? SNOBBERY YO! ^^ It is unnecessary in its entirety. Especially in your FIRST post on the site. It comes across as hostile, chick, and that is never good, is it? :)

So yeah, I suppose I had better do the 'official' jobby thingy hadn't I? =^_^=

W3LC0M3 2 D4 5173!!!!!

Ja. <<
Last edited by LordSaladin on Fri May 02, 2008 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Please tell me now what life is, Please tell me now what love is... Again, tell me what life is.

Tiko says: Saladin: Damn it, leave my hole alone.

LordSaladin
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 18 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Contributor Greeter World Builder Arc Warden Visual Appeal Tipworthy Lifegiver Person of Interest Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vexar on Fri May 02, 2008 6:24 pm

Welcome to RPG!

u shdnt b so :evil: b lik :D cuz it r mak us feel :mrgreen: n makz u seem 8)

Vexar
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Contributor Person of Interest Beta Tester Tipworthy Streamwatcher Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Skallagrim on Fri May 02, 2008 6:35 pm

ImageImage

Wtf? 1 PreSENt +O J00 +3h bUnNy 0Ph D00...Er W3LcOM3! 50 W3LC0m3 tO Rp94T3w@Y! +3H PhR13Ndl135+ rp $I+e on +h3 Web, 1f J00 h@v3n'+ ROl3-pl4YEd BEpHOr3, No Worr1e$ eVERYON3 HEre I$ v3rY H3lPFul T0 nEW MeMb3Rs. Ph33L PhREE t0 4sK @ny0N3, 5TaFF OR C0MmUniTY M3Mb3r, If J00 HAVe KWE5+1oN5 4B0UT How +hINg$ W0rK H3Re A+ RPg4+ew4Y. O+h3R +H4N +H4T PLE453 brOWs3 AnD MeeT +eH comMUNI+y, @5 We @r3 e4G3r +O MEEt Y0U.

I present to you the BUNNY of DOO...er WELCOME! So welcome to RPGateway! The friendliest RP site on the web, if you haven't role-played before, no worries everyone here is very helpful to new members. Feel free to ask anyone, staff or community member, if you have questions about how things work here at RPGateway. Other than that please browse and meet the community, as we are eager to meet you.

Skallagrim
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Contributor Visual Appeal Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ClassicBlackStilleto on Fri May 02, 2008 8:47 pm

Myrin wrote:*coughs* Well... hello? And welcome I guess. Well if ya need any help then I guess you can pm a mod or someone whose "willing" to help ya out after that speech.

But to be honest, you seem a bit mean and it seems a few people were turned off by the way you presented yourself. Mayhaps a bit of humble pie yourself? =D And also... we love smilies here, :D.

i dont think it was intended to be mean...just straight forward perhaps?? idk i try to give everyone the benefit of the doubt....

ClassicBlackStilleto
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mid on Fri May 02, 2008 9:01 pm

Yes, I agree. But sometimes straight forward is not the way to go, it can end up making a person look mean or snobbish. And ya know, first impressions are lasting ones. As ya can see from the responses after mines, it didn't look anything but mean. =/

Mid
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Contributor Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ClassicBlackStilleto on Fri May 02, 2008 9:08 pm

i hear ya.....but from personal experience sometimes i say something straight forward not realizing that it sounded so harsh until later when it is brought up...so im hoping that she just didn't realize it...or else she wont be much fun to rp with

ClassicBlackStilleto
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mid on Fri May 02, 2008 9:23 pm

Well hopefully now she'll be more aware. That's a part of why I pointed it out, cause I do understand that sometimes people say it in hopes of a few laughs, ya know?

Mid
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ClassicBlackStilleto on Fri May 02, 2008 10:23 pm

ya i get that....but she hasnt posted anything since this....so maybe all the negative feedback scared her off?

ClassicBlackStilleto
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vexar on Fri May 02, 2008 10:52 pm

Closed for off topic and potential flaming.

Vexar
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Contributor Person of Interest Beta Tester Tipworthy Streamwatcher Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!