Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Hey hey hey

a topic in Welcome Desk: Introductions & Arrivals, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

First time on RPG? Make sure to introduce yourself here! Tell us what you're into, what you're looking for, and how you found us!

Hey hey hey

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lasriel on Fri Dec 23, 2011 3:37 pm

New here, so I popped in to say hey!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Lasriel
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: Hey hey hey

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ViceVersus on Fri Dec 23, 2011 5:15 pm

Hey there, Lasriel! Awful short introduction you've left us with.

Anyways, m'name's Sato, and I'm a Designer here at RolePlayGateway. Welcome to our humble website! You've stumbled across one of the largest and most active text-based roleplaying forums out there on the web, and we're glad to have you!

Tell us a bit more about yourself, so that our wonderful community can get to know you! How long have you been writing? Are you experienced with text-based? Got any hobbies that might freak us out, or intrigue us?

Hah. Hey! While you get settled in, just ask if you have any questions.

-VV

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

ViceVersus
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Lifegiver Visual Appeal Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Prose on Sat Dec 24, 2011 3:11 am

Hallo, Lasriel. Welcome to RolePlayGateway, one of the best and most addictive places for anything RP related. I hope that you come to love this place and fall head over heals for this amazing website. There are tons of people here from all over the world with such a dynamic in writing talent, and we're all glad to have you as one of us now.

Enjoy endless possibilities!
(16:12:43) Prose says: Izzy does anything she can get her hands on.
(16:12:54) Namaru says: My god Xorn and Prose you guys totally did a bunch of crazy things, I'm sure
(16:12:54) Prose says: Coke, meth, heroine, crack, pot.
(16:13:06) Prose says: Oh that was really bad timing.

Prose
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Lifegiver Visual Appeal Beta Tester Bug Hunter Cult Leader

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lasriel on Sat Dec 24, 2011 2:47 pm

Ah good to hear back from people. Well this is good. ViceVersus, I actually simply left such a short introduction because I honestly didn't expect anyone to actually welcome me here, but hey! This bodes well. I'm excited to see that this site is still active and friendly. As for me...

I began searching for and quickly found this place because I was tired of dealing with the lack of maturity and the over all system that Gaia uses. I learned to role play with a friend in the eight grade, five years ago, and then switched over to role playing on Gaia. All of it has been text based, so I'd say I am fairly advanced. And I love the english language and grammar. I don't claim to know it perfectly, but I like to practice it. Anyways, I was excited at first, but after a lot of growing it's just too blah, unfortunatly. No one is roleplaying at the level I am at, nor does anyone ever seem to want to role play anything that doesn't quickly degenerate into a disinteresting pile of drivel or ToS violating cybering. It is the most disapointing thing ever. But a quick search of "roleplaying" in google brought this to the top of my results and I joined instantly.

However, I was quickly frightened by the fact that it seemed entirely dead. I reassured myself by looking at several posts and their time stamps. After I was certain this site hadn't died, I began attempting to join a role play. Unfortunatly I need to be able to send private messages, so I am not seeking ten posts. Normally wouldn't be an issue since I'd be role playing, but since the one I want to join requires a PM, I seek the requirement. This is number 4.

As for other things about me... uh... uh... I'm a human of course, so I am complex and have a history longer than anyone cares to hear. I'm 18 years old, almost 19. I live in Maryland. I'm a Christian, an Eagle Scout, a peskitarian vegan, a musician and a writer. That's the easiest way to know more about me. The rest is just details really, and details I doubt most folks want to know, so I leave that to questioning.

Lasriel
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ViceVersus on Sat Dec 24, 2011 2:53 pm

Haha. I'm a Christian, too. Trying to be, at least - it's hard. I moved out of my safe little bubble community to Chicago, where most of my friends are stark atheists, or world-weary Catholics.

I made a solemn vow ages ago to only date guys who either are Eagle Scouts, or have had extensive experience in Boy Scouts that they weren't too far from that status. Why? Because they know so many more things than I do. If I burn myself, start choking, need a fire, or need a knot .. or .. I don't know, need to camp outside in an army-tent, hey! My man will know how to handle all of that stuff.

Musician and writer, huh? I'm (of course!) gonna direct you over to our Creative Realm, which is a place where you can post your original works of fiction, or music for others to see!

Young 'un. I'm already 19.

Have a great holiday!

ViceVersus
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Lifegiver Visual Appeal Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LawOfTheLand on Sat Dec 24, 2011 5:43 pm

Gaia refugee, huh? I've had the opposite experience with their text-fighting community. Damn, those guys know their melee. I've actually been asked by Darth to drum up some extra interest in HoH 2012 on here because of my brief experience with the 2010 version. One thing I'd like to beat out of you right away, though: The "level" of a roleplay is not necessarily a function of average post length--as you well know, there is such a thing as too much detail.

One thing you'll note is that we don't post as often as Gaia does, therefore "bumping" every day to keep your topic at the top of the list is not something we look kindly upon.

Can't wait to see what tricks you've picked up, Lasriel!

LawOfTheLand
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years
Beta Tester Promethean Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Builder Donated! Party Starter Contributor Person of Interest Bug Hunter Streamwatcher Maiden Voyager Recruiter Greeter Visual Appeal Tipworthy Property Buyer Salesman Concierge Arc Warden Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lasriel on Sat Dec 24, 2011 7:24 pm

Haha, most interesting ViceVersus. I comend you for your bravery. Being a Christian isn't easy, so good on ya! I'm glad to find a fellow Christ follower so soon here. I like your dating idea, unfortunatly, it does limit you quite a bit. Our numbers are extreemly low, as you must know.

Actually, that's just it! I loath the "Advanced Role players". Over detail will murder a thread and my only consolation is they never attempt to include me and my inability to post that much. If I wanted to give a 16 paragraph reply, I'd just write a short story. And so I do, haha. You touch on the opposite of what I've experienced though. I end up getting the people who fall to illiteracy or disinterest fast.

I did despise that bumping crap ever so much. It was slightly nice though, since it meant that whenever I wanted to get a new batch of role players in whenever all my role plays died or I had a new interest I wanted to try, I'd just bump up my topic a couple times and watch a few people trickle in.

I can't wait to start role playing here, and will apply to the one I want as soon as I get five more posts up!

Lasriel
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lasriel on Sat Dec 24, 2011 7:28 pm

Agh! I noticed I said my level of role play was "Advanced". Not what I meant. No no no, I actually usually only hammer out about three short to medium length paragraphs, depending on the amount of activity. No I simply meant that I enjoy a more complex, character driven role play with good grammar and ideas to taste. My mistake in wording.

Lasriel
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ViceVersus on Sat Dec 24, 2011 8:13 pm

Ugh. I hate the labels "literate" "advanced" "semi-advanced" haha. Just write! Learn, write, be yourself - unleash that creative expression!

Dive on in here, Lasriel. Hope you love it.

(:

ViceVersus
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lasriel on Sat Dec 24, 2011 8:19 pm

Thank you thank you thank you! I am certain I will.

Lasriel
Member for 13 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!