Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Iron Chef

a topic in Discussion & Debate, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderators: dealing with it, Ambassadors

Talk about philosophy, politics, news & current events, or any other subject you're interested in!

Iron Chef

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Skallagrim on Tue Jan 01, 2008 5:01 pm

Soooo my question my fellow RP enthusiasts, is if you had to RP an Iron Chef, from either Iron Chef America or the original Iron Chef, which one? If you have never seen the show on food network, it's a really fun thing to watch and quite interesting to see the skill these people have in making meals out of surprise main ingredients.

A silly subject you say? Most assuredly it is, but the concept of Iron Chef actually lends itself to RPing. I mean the whole original Iron Chef concept was very much anime-esque in its concept. An arena where skilled masters of the culinary arts faced off against challengers of equal skills.

So I say to you, in the words of the Chairman, Allez-Cusine!!
The writer who cares more about words than about characters, action, setting, atmosphere is unlikely to create a vivid and continuous dream; he gets in his own way too much; in his poetic drunkenness, he can't tell the cart- and its cargo- from the horse.
John Gardner

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Skallagrim
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Contributor Visual Appeal Tipworthy

Re: Iron Chef

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Candlelight May on Tue Jan 01, 2008 9:23 pm

Ooh... I don't know who I'd pick. I think it would be -awesome- to play either the chairman or Alton Brown, because both of them have -very- strong characterizability. (I definitely just made that word up.) Most of the actual chefs are less remarkable, I think, so it's hard to pick. Maybe Cat Cora? She's fun.

Can I pick Paula Deen or Robert Irvine? Did you see that holiday special?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Candlelight May
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Skallagrim on Tue Jan 01, 2008 9:35 pm

Yep I saw that and it was really cool. Although I think Mario Batali would be fun or Bobby Flay as they have had shows where they are just fun and very personable. Mario is both skilled and a showman so I think probably would be my choice.

Skallagrim
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Contributor Visual Appeal Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Skuld on Tue Jan 01, 2008 10:32 pm

Bobby Flay.
No question.
Hands down.
Period.

: )
"Spartans! Prepare for glory!"

Skuld
GWC Veteran
Member for 19 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Beta Tester Contributor Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Angel_Melfina on Wed Jan 02, 2008 7:59 am

Ew, I hate Bobby Flay. Sorry Skuld. o_o

Out of the chefs, my favorite is Morimoto, always has been. I haven't seen the show in a while, so I'm not sure if he's still on there. I think he left for a while and came back.

But this isn't about favorites. If I had to RP one of them, I'd want to RP as Alton Brown. I <3 Alton. He has a funny personality and he's a genius. I think it'd be fun to play a know-it-all. =P
Today, Friday, October 10, 2009, is my last day on RolePlayGateway.com.
Everyone give me lots of love, because I shall be handing lots out. <3

Angel_Melfina
GWC Veteran
Member for 18 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Beta Tester Contributor

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Spike Spiegel on Wed Jan 02, 2008 2:24 pm

I also hate Bobby Flay, but besides that I'd probably RP as Mario Batali. He is a lot of potential, with his orange clogs and all.

Spike Spiegel
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby aeleon on Wed Jan 02, 2008 2:35 pm

Never seen the show, but the concept is rather lulz.
As you recall, you know I love to show off,
But you never thought that I would take it this far.
What do you know?

Fancy a Butcher's?

aeleon
Member for 18 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vexar on Thu Jan 03, 2008 12:35 pm

Morimoto, all the way. One of the originals and they kept him. he is just that good <<;

Vexar
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Contributor Person of Interest Beta Tester Tipworthy Streamwatcher Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!