Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

King Raehart is Dead. (IC Still Accepting)

a topic in Fantasy Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based in a fantasy realm (dragons, elves, magic), use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

Re: King Raehart is Dead. (IC Still Accepting)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby eregthejester on Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:00 pm

Robert tapped his fingers on his lips thoughtfully. "A body guard I could use, although you must forgive me for doubting your skills and background. You understand that a body guard, royal assassin, any of that, are positions that can only be gained if trusted and of highest skill. What can you tell me about your past residences and training?"

Looking at the female figure before him and couldn't help but think about having a bodyguard smaller than himself, and probably not as strong... he shook the thoughts away. He'd learned by now that appearances can be deceiving, especially applying to the few female warriors he met in his life.
Psalm 37 ~~ Delight in Him ~ Delight Him ~~ Psalm 51

If they won't write the kind of books we want to read, we shall have to write them ourselves; but it is very laborious.
~C.S. Lewis to J.R.R. Tolkien
King Raehart is Dead. (IC Still Accepting)
The Leighroi Ballet - IC Still Accepting

The Sons of Israel/The Israelites OT RP?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

eregthejester
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Snowdrift on Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:22 pm

Maska had a slightly worried look in her eyes. "Residence, why i never stay in one place for long unless i see myself useful in a way." She wrapped her hand around one of her sword another habit she had when she gets nervous. "As i said i was a bodyguard for the royal families east of this land and i travel north to the mountains and west to the desert for training. I have trained under the most harsh condition in order to get to my full potential. I have also trained under the eyes of over 45 martial arts master and master in 78 different styles."

She thought of what else to say but feared that she said to much. She hated telling others about herself or anything that could give her identifacation away. She bowed her head respectfully once again.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Snowdrift
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rill on Fri Jun 19, 2009 3:23 am

The King seemed a nice enough lad, Br'nard thought to himself as he strode from the castle courtyard, past the gathering of new recruits and the slightly haggered looking Officer behind the recruitment desk, who still managed to give the Barbarian a weary smile as he passed.

Br'nard returned the expression before his stride carried him from the coutryard and back out into the main street, the Green Dragon tavern was located just down the road, the Barbarian already had a room booked there as he had been staying in Town for a few days already, the Innkeeper was an old freind of the Warriors and let him a room for free.

Br'nard pushed open the Tavern door and stepped inside, the interior of the Dragon was quite plush and well furnished, a more classy establishment than the Warrior was usaly used too, but even wild haired Barbarians could appreciate a comfortable bed once in a while...

"How did it go?"
The burly man behind the bar asked as Br'nard approached.

"Aye not at all bad thank ye Gee,"
The Warrior replied,
"Yer Kingdom is in good hands with that lad, he has a strong will, but he'll need 'elp in the trials tae come."

Gee nodded sagely as he began drawing a pint without even being asked, and slid it across the bar towards the Barbarian.

"And that's why your here I suppose?"
The old Barman asked with a slight smile.

Br'nard raised the tankard and grinned,
"Oh aye, I'm a perfect example of a Guardian Angel me..."
'I had to be a Warrior, a slave I could not be! A Soilder and a Conqueror, fighting to be free!'

Rill
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lady Ethereal on Fri Jun 19, 2009 8:22 am

"Hullo, Rosie!"

Rosaline smiled at her as she was happy at the greeting and her nickname being called by Robert eased her feelings. She was about to give her elder brother a hug as she had missed him since he had been the new king. But they were interrupted once again when another person came in. This time it was not a huge man or a knight but a woman that seemed wanted her appearance to be a secret. She knew that she had to wait once again after all; these people are coming to offer their services to the King and to the Kingdom of Mindain. She cannot just rudely intervene in such a matter. She decided to hold his brother's hand as a show of affection and also saying that he should not worry about her.

The princess gazed at the woman who had spoke of being an assassin and that brought sadness to her as she remembered what had happened to their beloved father. She knew that Robert would not have the same situation to be repeated again. But, this war was truly saddening. The three years of peace is now gone and the veil of war is at the frontier. She was not sure what to think. She did not want to have a war rather than that she wanted to know the detail of what had caused the death of the former King.

Rosaline was startled by Robert who was asking the woman of her origins and such. Her brother did not want an assassin but the woman known as Maska said she can be a body guard, but to be in such position, she must be trusted to let her allow a royalty to be on her watch. She studied the woman; she seemed a nice and reliable person. She looked at her brother again to see what he would say.
"Let me sleep... For when I sleep..."
Image Image
"I will finally see you in my dreams..."

Lady Ethereal
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Storyteller Person of Interest Greeter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby eregthejester on Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:28 pm

Robert sighed, pausing in thought with how to handle this. Finally, he said, "To hire you as a bodyguard I'd be putting my life, as well as any other person's life who I might assign you to in your hands. To trust anyone with such a duty, I would at least have to know who your family is, your history, and even, yes, even know what you look like. You may wish to hide your face from others, but if you are to be working as a bodyguard, I at least need to see who you are. Or, you can cut to the chase and see the head of the Royal Protection Guard, Sir Anton, who, obviously, I would trust with my life as well as the lives of those who I care about." Naturally, he cast a glance at Rosaline again. He wondered how she came to be so patient over all her years as a princess. He certainly wasn't that patient. He usually got what he wanted right away. Except for time, of course.

As he looked back at Maska, he wondered what she had to hide, why she wore the veil and was so hesitant to say anything about herself. He wasn't sure that was the best material for a bodyguard. Assassin, yes, who you just point in the direction of the victim and they go. But a bodyguard was quite a different matter.

eregthejester
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rill on Sat Jun 20, 2009 5:11 am

Br'nard drew his hulking Battleaxe from it's holdings strapped across his back and set the mighty weapon down on the bar-top with a loud clang.

"It's getting bloody heavier each day,"
The Barbarian grumbled, streching his shoulders back and roatating his neck to ease out the kinks,
"Either that or I'm gettin' older..."

With a sigh, the Warrior tugged his sheathed Broadsword from it's place at his waist and slid the weapon instead into the holdings across his back, he looked towards Gee, the old barman and shrugged.

"I used tae be able too swing and carry that thing all day, that's old age fer ya... ye still got my hand-axe back there..?"

Gee nodded with a slight smile and produced a smaller single bladed axe from behind the bar, it was still a sizable weapon, but small enough to be weilded in one hand by the average Warrior, Br'nard took it gratefully and sholstered it in the loop of leather hanging from his Swordbelt that had untill recently been harbouring the sword now being carried across his back.

"Ever thought of retiring...?"
Gee asked,
"I could always use an extra pair of hands behind the bar."

"Gah!"
Br'nard pulled a face,
"Don't mention the 'R' word!"

He paused for a moment and stepped back from the bar, rotating his shoulders and waist, experimenting with the new Weapons arrangement.

"Ah that's much easier,"
He looked at the massive axe now laying on the bar-top,

"I'll put this upstairs before it scares yer customers off,"
The Barbarian grinned and lifted the Weapon, the muscles in his arm straining and standing out as he did so, he sighed again,

"Too bad we gotta get old..."

He commented, before turning and heading for the stairs.

Rill
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Snowdrift on Sat Jun 20, 2009 5:45 pm

Maska looked at her king and let out a sigh and bow. "If you wish your majesty." She gently pulled off the scarf,letting it rest on her shoulders,revealing a face of a young lady with bright blue eyes and medium length snow-white hair. "My king, i understand the importance of trust for i wouldn't reveal my identity without trusting you and the princess to keep it secret." She glance Princess Rosaline and bowed towards her then looked back at Robert. "Your majesty, i have no family, my family was killed when i was seven years old. My father once worked as the head commander for the calvary." She lowered her head slightly as she mention her father but quickly picked her head up, and looked at her king with a straight face. She was hardly an emotional person but when it came to talking about her family she always hide her emotion.

"I sorry for troubling you over my identity, please forgive me." She bowed her head looking down at the ground awaiting her king's answer. She closed her eyes slightly preparing herself for the answer to come.

Snowdrift
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lady Ethereal on Sat Jun 20, 2009 7:38 pm

Rosaline looked at the woman that unraveled her scarf and showed her appearance to them. She was a beautiful and a petite woman. She would have served well as a noble than what she had claimed as to be. She cannot help but give her kind heart to the one called Maska. She knew that still being secretive about one's past would not warrant any favor to the Royal Family, but she can see the sincerity in those blue eyes of hers. The woman told them about how her family had been killed when she was seven years old and her father being a commander for the cavalry although she did not mention any more details about it. The sorrow and emotions that had been locked tight by Maska was felt by the princess.

The princess knew she might regret what she was about to say to her brother. She might not be able to sneak out of the castle whenever she wanted to but she had feeling that Maska is gentle person and could be trusted with the safety of a royalty. She would prove it by using herself.

"My brother the king... I request, that you pardon her... and let her be my sentry. I believe she would be more than sufficient for the duty I am asking."

Rosaline gazed at Maska and gave a small smile and then to Robert. She knew that entrusting the safety of the King to her would not be permitted since she had not yet given any sign of unrelenting royalty and there are still secrets in her life and also with the knowledge of being an assassin. It would never be allowed for her to protect the safety of the King of Mindain. She believed that in her case, it would be allow and Maska would be able to show her trustworthiness.

Lady Ethereal
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Storyteller Person of Interest Greeter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby eregthejester on Tue Jun 23, 2009 3:31 am

Robert was thinking hard, realizing the only answer would be 'no', when Rosaline spoke up.

"I request that you pardon her... and let her be my sentry."

He looked at her, a different look taking residence on his face. It was not one of anger or deep thought, necessarily, but he knew what his sister was doing, and though he understood the hardship of the girl before him, he trusted her less with his sister than himself. The country would think otherwise, as they were less willing to take a chance with their king's life than the king himself was, as it should be. His face bore concern and a longing, wishing that Rosaline had not said what she did. He would not deny his sister, only to a certain extent, and he hoped her decision was not one bearing ill consequences.

He looked back at Maska, studying her face. He hoped what looked to be genuine really was what it seemed.

"Alright, you may have her as your sentry," he said to Rosaline. "But," he said, knowing the effect a 'but' always had. "You must still have Sir Anton approve. He's watched over this family two generations in utter loyalty, I'll not disregard him."

He turned back to Maska and extended his hand, though not eagerly as with his past three guests, as wary suspicion had not yet settled. Heck, if she were an assassin, she could easily ram a poisoned needle into his hand. But he tried to think better of it. Anton would get to the bottom of this and work it out.
"Congratulations, Maska. You have only to get Sir Anton's approval and you are officially apart of the Royal Protection Guard. I trust you will hold to the oath required and serve us to the best of your strength." The last words were half-hearted. He couldn't help it. His father was just assassinated, what else could he think? He tried to work up a warm smile- at least, he hoped it was warm.

eregthejester
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Orion Vryce on Tue Jun 23, 2009 3:56 am

Reaching the tavern Orion and the girls were well welcomed as they stepped foot into the tavern. Cheers from men drinking and shouting as they lost their money while gambling. “Hello good Sir, can I help you and your girls?” Said a barmaid who wore a tatty brown apron with hardly better looking clothing.

“Yes, we are here to eat diner at this fine establishments.” He took the women.

“Oh, I’m sorry I thought you had business here since you are a knight and it’s rare to see someone of such high pay to eat in such a low class tavern. If you follow me I will show you your table.” Leading Orion and his girls to a large both Orion took a seat while his girls took the seat across from him. “You waitress will be Joyce, she shouldn’t be long.”

Giving the barmaid a nod Orion turned his gaze back towards his girls. “So what do you think? I know it looks run down and all but they have the greatest salted pork and steamed potatoes in the city.”

The girls just looked around the tavern and at the patrons inside who were getting drunk or losing their money. “It seems like a place for low life scum, if you ask me.” Caitlin said in a low harsh tone of voice. “Most of these people are drunk to the point of stupidity.”

Orion just smiled at Caitlin, she had a point that he couldn’t even disagree with. “Maybe, but they can’t hurt our good time here. If they try… well.” He told her as he played with the hilt of his sword.

“Daddy you are not scary.” Joy said in her sweet tone of voice. “You serve the King and I don’t think he would like to hear that you attacked a tavern patron. So please behave.”

Giving Joy a smile he reached across the table and held one of her hands in between his. “I’ll behave since there is no need to cause trouble.”
Socrates once said........ To fear death, my friends, is only to think ourselves wise, without being wise: for it is to think that we know what we do not know. For anything that men can tell, death may be the greatest good that can happen to them: but they fear it as if they knew quite well that it was the greatest of evils. And what is this but that shameful ignorance of thinking that we know what we do not know?

Orion Vryce
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rill on Tue Jun 23, 2009 4:50 am

"Still quiet down 'ere..?"

Br'nard commented as he came back down the Green Dragons winding staircase and into the main common room once more, Gee nodded.

"Yes old freind,"
He said with a sigh,
"The Three Sisters takes most of the business round here."

"Ye should try lowering yer prices..."
The Barbarian suggested with a wink and a grin, leaning back ov the bar as he did so.

"Of all the cheek...!"
The Warriors old freind remarked in mock anger,
"I happen too serve fine quality ales and spirits here, not like the warterd down piss of they serve everywhere else in town..!"

"I'll drink too that,"
Br'nard chuckled, placing a coin on the bar-top as Gee drew another pint, the Barbarian yawned,
"I hope we see some action soon, I'm gettin' bored already..."

"Aye,"
Gee commented, settingthe pint down,
"It's been a whole hour since you signed up and you havn't got too dissmember any one yet..."

"Ja, what gives with that..?"

Rill
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lady Ethereal on Tue Jun 23, 2009 5:20 am

"Alright, you may have her as your sentry," he said to Rosaline. "But," he said, knowing the effect a 'but' always had. "You must still have Sir Anton approve. He's watched over this family two generations in utter loyalty, I'll not disregard him."

Rosaline to every word her brother had said to her. She was glad that she was allowed such a request and in an impulsive act, the princess embraced her brother. It was true that it was not a scene that showed be viewed by other but at the moment she was overjoyed. The consequences of her actions, she knew would appear later on although, the trust that such things would not occur weighed in her mind. Realizing what she had done, she pulled away immediately and lowered her head in embarrassment. A refined and noble woman that exudes elegance and confidence may be the image set out for her however in front of her older brother; she is only a little sister.

"I am sorry, for such an act... I should have controlled my emotions. But, I thank you for allowing my request. I will take heed what Sir Anton would decide upon as you say."

The young princess said with such respect as she had regained her composure that she was trained and taught for years. Her eyes gaze at the woman named Maska as she waited for what her reaction about the position she would be given. Her logical side had already sorted out all the possibilities that could happen in allowing an 'assassin' protecting a Royalty especially when it had been speculated that the Former King was assassinated in a terrible manner. Those disturbing thoughts overwhelmed her as her angelic face began to show such sadness but then she remembered that her presence was in front of other people and must remained calm at all cost.

Rosaline gazed at her brother's eyes as she could see the doubt still lingering within him. The blame cannot be placed upon him and she knew that Robert had wished that she had not spoken for Maska in this matter. Her heart and kindness that had been innate in her being had called out to the young woman. Trust was something that should be earned by giving chances and she believed that it is the same in this event. For Maska to obtain trust then a chance must be given. The princess knew that she was having a gamble with her own life at the moment although, it is far more better than having her brother suffer when her deed would betray her.

Lady Ethereal
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Snowdrift on Tue Jun 23, 2009 2:05 pm

"I request that you pardon her... and let her be my sentry."

Maska looked up at the Princess,surprise and quickly put her head back down,hoping that the king did not see the surprise look on her face.

Alright, you may have her as your sentry...But,you must still have Sir Anton approve. He's watched over this family two generations in utter loyalty, I'll not disregard him."

Maska stood up tall and smiled softly as her Princess hugged her king,she wished that someone would had showed her such affection but no one liked anyone that had a history of being an assassin, she could see it in her King's eyes. She took her King's hand gripping it firmly, and looked into her King's doubtful eyes. She hoped that her smile will assure her king. " Thank you,your Majesty. It is a great honor to accept this position that has been bestow upon me. I will do everything in my power to ensure the safety of Princess Rosaline." She turned to her Princess and putting on hand on her sword and her other hand,she ball it into a fist, placed it across her chest and bowed. "I thank you, your highness,for trusting in me and my abilities to keep you safe." She straighten up and took a couple of steps back and pulled her scarf back over her face.

Trust is something to be earn. I shall earn their trust and protect them with my life. She turned and walked casually towards the door, her mind set on finding the one called Sir Anton so that she could get his approval.

Snowdrift
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby white_saber on Wed Jun 24, 2009 4:30 am

The city gates opened as Gerin and his fellow horsemen road through and off to the right towards the cavalry barracks. He trotted into the stable yard and dismounted before handing over his steed to a waiting stable hand. A small boy ran up to him: "Sir, I have a message from the royal court." Gerin was not surprised, Raehart usually sent a boy to collect his report before he'd even produced it. "Tell him, I'll bring the report when it's done." He walked off towards the barracks, pulling off his gloves as he walked. "But Sir, it's not about the report..." he heard from behind him, "...the King is Dead."

white_saber
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Betelgeuse on Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:10 pm

“Peaceful times will always seem to short, Your Highness.” Tyrell answered softly, rising to his feet. “Harmony can never last too long, so it will invariably seem too soon when strife calls on us to take up arms again.” None of the words he really wished to say regarding the situation were suitable for polite company, especially the princess of the kingdom he served.

They were at war. Only three years, and they were at war again. It was just as he’d told the princess: too short a time to be facing the battlefield again. Once he’d made a name for himself as the Green Knight of the kingdom, it essentially ensured he would not only be fighting, but he’d be leading the charge. Not a General, but a figurehead to follow well enough. However, if that was the case, why was he at the palace and not sent back to barracks? Unless...

“I do not mean impertinence towards his Majesty, but now that I know what is happening, I believe I know why the king has recalled me to the palace.” He drew his sword and knelt, offering the hilt to the princess. “Until this conflict is resolved, your Highness, I will protect you.”

Betelgeuse
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NightLady on Sat Jun 27, 2009 8:05 am

Victoria sighed after hearing what he had to say about the peaceful times."I know,but I'll never understand why it always seem to be like that.Three years after three years.Do you think it'll ever end?I hope so,but I don't think so."She said sadly,ending with a sigh.This things seem to always happen.War,then peace, then war again.It's like a cycle that will never end. This was what greed and hatred caused.She looked out of the window far into the horizons,lost in her thoughts.

It was when Tyrell drew his sword and knelt that brought her back to this world.She turned and looked at the knight and sighed."Thank you,Tyrell.I appreciate it."She smiled.
"Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway."~ Anonymous

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car"~ Anonymous

NightLady
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Previous

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!