Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Laurel

Laurus

a part of “Laurel”, a fictional universe by Mac n Cheese.

Laurel Academy has long been known as the school for those who will control their generation. To attend, one must be impossibly wealthy, impossibly talented, or simply impossible. Here, the super-powered mingle with the super-influential.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Laurel”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: Laurus

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Layla on Mon Aug 10, 2015 5:07 pm

Omgggg Lane is suc a cutie >.<

Haha I love how everybody's looking at her like "Nina, you are ruining everybody's lives." Perfect. It's true. I hypothesise that Keevan will break the trend and not stare at her xD (Go Becky! Finally, your moment. Becky's the better human :'))

Yesss I feel like we've gone over the "risky period" and will live forever now.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Layla
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Tipworthy Visual Appeal Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mac n Cheese on Mon Aug 10, 2015 6:47 pm

Oh crap, I have back to back speeches yikes. I'm going to post them separately though, so that people aren't waiting too long for something.

Layla, I agree, I am beyond happy with you guys. I feel like ensuring that there is a bunch of history and drama among characters from the get go is key for something people stick with.

Edit: Also one of these days Sterling is going to be the death of Erin yikes. Nina only gets a brief reprieve from being stared at because after Keevan is Daniel so I mean she's the only audience member worth looking at.

EDIT EDIT: And technically Keevan should have an Irish accent but just a slight one since he spends so much time in the states. (Having been year since third grade, Daniel maybe has a South Korean accent on certain words but is otherwise quite Americanized)

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Mac n Cheese
Member for 9 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AngelSpirit on Mon Aug 10, 2015 8:44 pm

Mac Keevan is wonderful.

Sae what's your schedule like? You're up next in the cycle.

AngelSpirit
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Layla on Tue Aug 11, 2015 1:19 am

For some reason I always heard Daniel speak with an American accent anyway haha. You can basically tell Nina's Russian with every word.

Aw man Keevan... How do you and Sae feel about Nina finding out Becky's the mole in the Elites? >.> Because with all those glances - there's no way Nina and Daniel won't suspect something. They're pretty perceptive. At the very least, Nina will think they're having an affair and that Becky's embarrassed of him haha. But with the whole "only if you have knowledge thing" >.< It's pretty iffy. Might just spark some alarm bells.

Omg so excited for Daniel's speech!!!! Keevan's was top notch but Daniel being Daniel.

EDIT: Speaking of Daniel. Man, he has to be one of the most complicated characters in Laurel and that's saying something >.< You think you got him and then you don't. He's the only one in this whole RP whose thoughts I can't begin to fathom. What are his motives? Like, I don't know D: "Stay rich, get richer"? Haha. Who are you, Daniel???

Layla
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Tipworthy Visual Appeal Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby piearty on Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:39 am

Forget what they'll think about Becky; they still don't know the author of the Breadbowl is Keevan. He was...less than subtle in that speech. They're going to eat him alive.

piearty
Member for 9 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Saerith on Tue Aug 11, 2015 10:04 am

Yeah, I don't know about that. I mean, all the sneaking around and stuff, I do think they would suspect something is going on, but wouldn't it be kind of a buzz killer if they found out who the Breadbowl staff was so fast? I really was looking forward to a bit more chaos being caused by our little author. Besides, remember that supposedly the topics of debate are random, so anyone could have done a speech like that, since believing information is one of the most viable sources of power isn't exactly a rare idea. Actually, is pretty much true.

Ugghh Keevan makes me wanna cry. And Lucas and Anthony are such little wimps, they won't stop blushing and looking away from each other hahaha this is great.
Inside of us there is a thing with no name. That thing is what we are.

Saerith
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mac n Cheese on Tue Aug 11, 2015 11:50 am

Yeah. Keevan's clever but far too easily swept out of things. He's pretty good at spinning tales though, and usually ends up in trouble that he talks his way out of. That being said, I agree with Sae in that his speech on information and secrets is one that anyone could have given- even Nina. And it's pretty well known that people pester him about book things and he remains stubbornly silent about them, saying it's boring if he spoils it.

I was thinking this might lead them to thinking of some sort of affair or something between Becca and Keevan, but Breadbowl editor might be a slight jump, especially as he would have been a freshman when it started and was off the bat telling tales about seniors that a freshman normally wouldn't know.

Mac n Cheese
Member for 9 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby piearty on Tue Aug 11, 2015 11:56 am

Y'all make sense. Yes, I vote assumed tempestuous love affair!

Also Anthony is officially the cutest character in this roleplay.

piearty
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AngelSpirit on Tue Aug 11, 2015 12:09 pm

Awwwww Anthony! <3

I have senior pics in a bit so I gotta get ready, but I'll post after that somewhere between 2-2:30 CT.

Also, *quiet chanting ensues* love affair...love affair...love affair...

AngelSpirit
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Layla on Tue Aug 11, 2015 4:57 pm

Yeah that's why I didn't focus on Keevan. They don't think he's the Breadbowl author from that speech, obviously. But Nina anyway is more likely to think Becky's divulging information of some sort for his next book, if she thinks she's a mole at all. But that's just her paranoia and insecurities talking. She's never trusted Becky haha. Thinks she's too much of a social climber and hungry for the crown. But yeah. First things first. They're having a love affair!

EDIT: Also, this LUCARRMEE trio is adorable >.< Poor Lane though... Poor Lane.

Layla
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby piearty on Tue Aug 11, 2015 8:29 pm

Mac, are you gonna post Daniel? Cuz I don't want to be 100th post >_>

piearty
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mac n Cheese on Tue Aug 11, 2015 10:12 pm

Yep! Sorry, closing at work took longer than expected because of register issues. I'm gonna get working on it now.

EDIT: Guys, I didn't even realize this, but of course they'd think there was an affair, Keevan mentioned it in the Breadbowl.

He wants people to form assumptions. Not only does posting about himself keep him away from suspicion, but it also forces Becca to make choices. Keevan knows exactly what he's doing (I'm the one who didn't) yikes.

Mac n Cheese
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AngelSpirit on Wed Aug 12, 2015 12:02 am

Hahaha, Mac, when characters rule your life...

Congrats on 100 posts everyone!!!

EDIT: FYI, I'm going to 6 flags tomorrow and won't be online till late at night. Pie and Saerith, if you both miraculously post tonight then I'll get something in but otherwise not till tomorrow night.

Since there's only one speech left should we be wrapping up or no? What's your plan, Mac?

AngelSpirit
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Layla on Wed Aug 12, 2015 12:15 am

Woah, that speech was intense. Ah Daniel... Always so practical. Putting Nina on a pedestal. Would he care about her at all if she weren't the Queen? >.<

I'll start up a post now!

P.S. And I'll also have the bell ring at the end of Nina's speech.

Oh and yes! Congratulations to us all (but especially Mac) on the 100th post!!! This is really something to be proud about. I'm so glad I found this RP :3

Layla
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mac n Cheese on Wed Aug 12, 2015 12:28 am

After Nina's speech we'll skip to PE period. Now, no one ever actually responded- do we want to have a brief free write thing for that, or do collabs?

Also, would you rather start at the beginning of the activity, or in the middle of it?

Keevan will go canoeing, Daniel will probably jog or Self Defense, and Erin might go swimming.

Mac n Cheese
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby piearty on Wed Aug 12, 2015 12:30 am

Since all Mac's charas are done speechifying I'd like to say that I'm the one that suggested the topics they'd have and I'm proud of myself because damn those were good speeches--if not for debate then for drama. :P

piearty
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Layla on Wed Aug 12, 2015 2:17 am

Posted! Bloody hell, that was so hard to write. Took me two hours crap I better get cracking on my politics work >.< Totally worth it though, even if it caused me half of Nina's anxiety to write it haha. Sorry for the wait!

Those were very good topics indeed, piearty! :D I loved all of Mac's speeches! And everyone else's, of course.

Well, if Daniel does self-defence, we can certainly collab! If not, Sterling and Nina will have a bit of a tango/angry fist fight. Not sure about everyone else ^^

EDIT: Omg the insecurities are encroaching with a vengeance x.x Was that too obvious? Was it shitty? Will people just think Nina's, like, kinda frazzled and squeamish about the suffering of others? (Yeah, right) Ugh I'm sorry if you must all endure through my "writing" all the time >.< You are generous souls, truly.

Layla
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby piearty on Wed Aug 12, 2015 4:31 am

Wow I read what I wrote and I sound ridiculously conceited so let me be clear that it is my choice of topics that I'm proud of influencing not Mac's writing.

Also I can't find the post with the schedule listing the options for electives and PE; can we post that in the announcements?

piearty
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AngelSpirit on Wed Aug 12, 2015 9:05 am

I'm on my phone, so sorry if this has grammatical errors and please don't tell me cuz I'll freak out XD

Layla and Mac holy wow! Those speeches! Poor Nina :(

So since her speech was about what Aimee was supposed to see, how does that effect Aimee bumping into her? Or is that not happening anymore?

Sae and Pie what are the plans for Lucarrmee (thanks Layla :D )? Are we going to PE or continuing to chill and divulge our deep dark secrets?

AngelSpirit
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Layla on Wed Aug 12, 2015 9:18 am

Haha poor Nina? Poor Laimee! Man, I can't even express how desperately I want them to be together. Ugh Aimee why deny yourself?? She and Daniel should start a club... The Controls. The Deny and Denied. Do I... Do I hear someone cry GIF?? I think yes!!! Ok another day when piles of International Politics readings aren't staring me in the face. I swear they put surveillance cameras in our textbooks.

I don't think it'll change much in the way of our Meeni plot line, Angel! O: She didn't go into detail about anything. But Aimee can bump into her whenever suits you (and Aimee) best. No rush. I plan to stick around in this RP for a long while xD

Layla
Member for 12 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!