Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Legions of the Dragon Coalition (IC)

a topic in Fantasy Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based in a fantasy realm (dragons, elves, magic), use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

Legions of the Dragon Coalition (IC)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ShadowWake on Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:30 am

This is the IC topic for the RP. If you want to join, there's still a couple more spaces available. I'm only looking for a Legion though i.e. 6 dragons and their riders, so as soon as I've got them, the RP will be closed unless you want to play one of the other races. I want relatively experienced RPers so please don't join if you feel you can't write more than a couple of sentences. More details of the RP and other races can be found here: http://www.roleplaygateway.com/legions-the-dragon-coalition-ooc-recruitment-t11548.html

RPers accepted:
ShadowWake (GM) = Commander Elspeth Dann (female Rider) & Gaeb (male emerald Dragon)
ReiRyuusei = Lt. Daniel Fray (male Rider) & Naina (female carnelian Dragon)

Iced Fire = Lt. Alexis Greystone (female Rider) & Shadow (male pearl Dragon)
St.Jimmy = Lt. Ged Drayton (male Rider) & Aeon (male obsidian Dragon)

7achary = Lt. Tavi Pegorn (male Rider) & Destrain (male goldstone Dragon)
Hunter_Killer = Asirma'Nagul (male Daken - pearl/quartz dragon shapeshifter)
Geebers = Lt. Sage Montgomery (female Rider) & Ameera (female tanzanite Dragon)
Kestrel = Naradei (female silver-haired Sagar-Morwen)

(Those characters in green are full legion members, i.e. those currently living at the coalition or have undergone previous training at the coalition (dragon, rider or both). Those characters in blue are honorary legion members due to necessity i.e. are not full legion members until further training is undertaken. Those characters in purple are non-coalition members.)

As usual, any questions, PM me. And above all, enjoy! :D
-----------------------

Dawn broke over Armeikai, glittering over the gently swelling ocean and casting the shimmering granite-like stone of the sea cliffs in stark relief, the clear-cut edges refined by the gold of the rising sun. The skies were already a clear, vibrant blue, the crisp chill wind tearing any faint whisps of cloud ragged and bringing with it the scent of spring to come. The training grounds lay spread in all their glory, a wide expanse of green that surpassed even the alliance itself: long lush plains merging into rolling meadow and edged by the distant, jagged teeth of the Dearbhaila mountains.

Behind lay the glory that was the Coalition, it's back to the rising sun and the long lines of towers carved from the very cliff it sat upon. Tiny flecks already dotted the winter skies, dragons and their riders leaving for the day: to hunt, to explore, even just to fly as aimless as the gulls - who soon found that lingering too long brought them an untimely demise, snatched up by the large jaws as easily as flies.

Stiff breeze already tossing her cropped locks into a frantic mess, Elspeth leant easily against the warm flanks of the emerald dragon, her booted feet crossed at the ankles and arms folded casually across her chest, her grey-blue eyes surveying the citadel perfunctorily. Following her gaze, Gaeb smiled, turning to whuff at her tousled hair, his hot breath warming her pinked cheeks.

Do you ever stop finding things to worry about? he asked into her assessing mind, clearly amused, and her clear gaze snapped to his, the look softening as she raised a single eyebrow, her lips quirking into a grin.

"No, not when you're a commander," she answered aloud, returning her eyes to the Coalition with a nod, "And not when you have eyesight like yours - the north-west tower needs re-doing. Someone's obviously had a shoddy landing recently... do you think we should move the entrance?"

Amber eyes flicked over the building mentioned, seeing exactly the same: indeed, it was his own senses she used. "We'll test it later," he rumbled in return, "In the meantime, don't you think we called the Legion? They are our greatest concern at present and the hour's gone past six."

Elspeth nodded, unfolding herself and straightening, rubbing her hands briefly before finding each of the bright pinpricks in her conciousness that were the dragons of her legion. Beside each in her mind was the faint glow of another essence - that of the rider - but until she trained them to accept her thoughts, they would not hear her. So instead she focussed on the beasts themselves, using Gaeb's greater energy to send it the distance.

Dragons, it is time to begin your training. Bring your rider to the western fields by the seventh hour. I look forward to meeting you.

"Done," she sighed aloud with a smile, blue gaze meeting gold, "We'll see who we get this time, shall we?"

Gaeb laughed - the deep growl echoing through Elspeth's chest cavity - standing to all fours and stretching his wings luxuriously. "Don't be too harsh on them this time," he chuckled, settling back on his haunches and looking down at his rider, "Humans aren't as strong as we are and, though we can push ourselves, they may not be able to do the same. Remember that or you'll get none too few angry dragons on your tail."

Elspeth laughed freely, rubbing her cold hands. "You mean like last time?" she replied with a raised eyebrow and the dragon returned the motion.

"Yes, I mean like last time."

Laughing, Elspeth nodded, her large eyes sparkling. "I'll be nice," she answered, patting Gaeb on the flanks, "I promise." And turning once more, she fixed her eyes upon the Coalition, waiting for the new members of her Legion.
Last edited by ShadowWake on Wed Dec 03, 2008 6:08 pm, edited 11 times in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

ShadowWake
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: Legions of the Dragon Coalition (IC)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ReiRyuusei on Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:48 am

“Nainaaaa~” Came the insistent whine of the grumbling rider, whose carnelian dragon was listening patiently over the heavy beat of her wings and the whirling of the air around them. Daniel lifted himself from his previously lazy position, his legs dangling over the shoulders of Naina, his head having been laid near the blunt spines which travelled up her neck. He looked upwards, seeing nothing but the same sight, clouds above them and clouds below with an endless stretch of blue in-between, stopping the endless white meeting, thank the heavens. Daniel felt he would have gone insane from the endlessness of the boring colour. It’s not a colour, it’s a tint… He sighed, hating himself for being smart enough to get into the legion, the commander of which having called a meeting of which he had to go to or else be punished. He sighed for the infinite time that morning, as Naina’s telepathic response came to him.

“What it is, my little honeycomb?” Daniel felt his eyebrow twitch, she always had to call him embarrassing pet names in times when he was a) really sleepy and b) bored out of his mind from waiting. He ran a hand through his vibrant red hair, not gingery orange hair either, but proper titanium red, scarlet red. “Are we there yet?” He said aloud, knowing her sharp hearing would be able to hear him over the rush of air that swept past them. “No sweet pea, we still have a way to go…” Once again, Daniel sighed. He felt sighing was the only exercise he was going to get any exercise done today. “Great… Just perfect”

He fell back, so that his head was resting on the back of the huge, leather saddle of his dragon and he stared up at the swirling whiteness of the clouds moving above them. His mind drifted to the beautiful commander. “Won’t get to see Elspeth for ages then… I wonder if she reconsidered my proposal of a date?…” “I doubt it, Daniel sweetie…” Naina told him truthfully, a deep, rumbling growl coming out from deep within her throat, which Daniel recognised as a laugh. “Gee, thanks. Now I feel so much better. Thanks for making a deadly blow to my ego, my wonderful dragon companion” Daniel told Naina back cuttingly, his voice dripping with sarcasm. “Anytime, Daniel…” Naina replied and the red head felt a slight drop as his eyes fluttered shut and he fell into a dreamy state. Heh, so she was joking around with me… God, all my whining has made my exhausted… He was fast asleep by the time Naina landed gracefully next to the commander and her impressive emerald dragon.
Give my post a rate, will ya? :3

Image Image
Feed Me!
Adopted from Valenth

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

ReiRyuusei
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ShadowWake on Wed Oct 08, 2008 6:08 pm

The carnelian dragon soared towards her, huge wings spread wide and glinting in the sun, and Elspeth instantly recognised the markings, mentally rolling her eyes.

Oh Good Light, she voiced privately to Gaeb with a half-laugh, I can certainly see the irony in that...

Her emerald gave a low chuckle in return, amber eyes glittering. It will probably do you some good, he answered, and within a few more seconds, Naina had landed gracefully before her.

"Good morning, Naina," Elspeth said aloud with a smile, her friendliness untainted despite her uncomfortability with the presence of the young rider, "It's a pleasure to have you in the Legion: Osten said he would probably send you."

Gaeb nodded in confirmation, greeting the younger dragon with a slight inclination of his head. "Your record is admirable, young one," he added, "Your aid will be invaluble."

Peering around the dragoness, Elspeth raised an eyebrow at her with a smile, strolling around Naina's flanks until she was level with the dozing rider. Folding her arms, she pasted a look of admonishment upon her face and, blue gaze fixed upon Daniel's still form, raised her voice.

"Rider: stand to attention!"
Last edited by ShadowWake on Fri Dec 05, 2008 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

ShadowWake
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ReiRyuusei on Wed Oct 08, 2008 6:40 pm

The sudden declaration caused the male rider to shoot upwards, his shock causing him to cry out in shock as he slipped to the opposite side of his dragoness on which Elspeth stood, so she was not hit nor hurt by his half awake mind. He hit the ground with a thump and in a tangle of slender but athletically muscled limbs, though he was up like a shot, pulling his sword out in a single and strangely graceful motion, fire shooting from the weapon’s handle and up the silver blade, coming off at the top and making it seem twice as long as it really was. The use of his aggressive magic antics suddenly caused his slightly messy hair to suddenly become even more crazy and his face to become more angular in the blade’s new found flame. Through seeing his strange and sudden display of seemingly natural self defense when woken, Elspeth was given the chance of seeing that Daniels’ hair was not all one colour, but had different tones and shades throughout his mop of scarlet thanks to the light of the sun glinting high above them and the fiery weaponry in the young rider’s hands.

“Where is it!? Where’s the dastardly villain who dares threaten the wondrously beautiful Commander Elspeth!” He cried to no one in particular, his eyes darting from various places where they were obviously no ‘dastardly villains’ of any shape or form. Daniel in his mind, had to admit, it had been slightly staged. He knew he had been coming into land and wanted to seem brave, heroic but most of all humorous to the ‘wondrously beautiful Commander Elspeth’ but he felt slightly proud of himself that he had been able to think so quickly on his feet when he had just been woken. He acted like the perfect innocent moron and turned to Elspeth with a dazed expression and went beet red (simply from the sight of her looking at him so strangely), rubbing the back of his neck and opening and closing his mouth from trying to find an explanation.

“Co-Commander Elspeth! I can completely explain! I was having the most astonishing dream where you were being threatened and I simply felt the need to--” He was cut off by the rumbling laugh/growl of Naina and he gave her a meaningful look that said ‘Don’t laugh! It isn’t funny!’. Then he caught the watchful and protective eye of Gaeb and felt the urge to speak his name in a meaningful manly tone that clearly suggested ‘Don’t get in my way’. “Gaeb” The two exchanged a look of narrowed eyes but then Daniel turned back to Elspeth and realized his sword was still out and burning fire. “Ah!” He smacked it a couple of times, hoping that would put the flame out and when he remembered it was controlled by his mind and it went out in a flash, he gave Elspeth a embarrassed and full toothed grin, his cheeks and the back of his neck still quite red.

ReiRyuusei
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Butterfly Effect on Thu Oct 09, 2008 12:25 am

Shadow stood beside Alexis looking at her as she walked toward a wounded Knight of the legion.
Alexis kneeled down beside the Knight and asked "Are you ok? what happened to you?"
The knight looked at Alexis "Are you an angel? I'm I in heaven?" he asked
"This isn't heaven...more like hell these days...and I'm no angel" answered Alexis
"But i heard wings and saw white."
"That was my Dragon partner."
"So your a rider then gald you found me but I'll be dead soon those bandits did me in"
"Not if i can help it"
Alexis raised her hands over the knight and a White light appeared covering Alexis' hands and the Knight's wounds.
it wasn't working though the wound was closing and the blood stopped flowing the man was still dying.
"Shadow let me use your eyes" Alexis said as she layed her hand on Shadow's neck. Soon she saw deep in the wound the tip of an arrow.
"He needs a Surgeon" Shadow said in Alexis' mind.
Alexis nodded and helped the knight up and onto Shadow's Saddle. Alexis climbed on behind him wraping her arms around his waist "Ok let's go Shadow back to base"
"On my way, by the way a meeting was just called"
"just some training i'm sure"
"I hope so" answered Shadow as he flew into the air heading for the Base.

Shadow soon landed and him and Alexis both saw the others there. She jump off of Shadow and helping the knight to walk she leads him into the base as she yells "He needs a Surgeon now!"
"I pledge allegiance to Max and the power for which she stands"
-Chloe Price

Butterfly Effect
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Promethean World Builder Person of Interest Tipworthy Visual Appeal Group Theory Helmsman Arc Warden Storyteller Novelist Property Buyer Lifegiver Beta Tester Salesman

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ShadowWake on Mon Oct 13, 2008 1:44 pm

The rider Daniel snapped awake at her call, sliding from his seat upon the dragoness' back to draw his sword and proclaim his nobility in a voice that would've reached the coalition it the wind had been in the right direction. Daniel's hair flickered briefly with the flame upon his sword - a veritable blaze of ruby, scarlet and blood-red - his gaze casting itself about until finally setlling upon that of her dragon, who was sat calmly watching the whole ordeal with the air of an uncle surveying a misbehaving nephew.

Gaeb grunted in her mind, eyes narrowing. I still don't think...

Enough, Gabriel, Elspeth answered silently in return, surpressing the grin that threatened to slip through her unscrutiable mask, and as the rider finally 'beat out' his sword, she turned to him, eyebrow still raised and her lips pursed into a barely-held frown.

"Lieutenant Fray," she answered simply as the young man grinned at her, his cheeks tinted in a slight shade of pink, "I'm sure my rescue can be put off until it is completely necessary - until then I usually require the members of my legion awake for training, so please ensure that you do so." With the soldier suitably chastised, Elspeth allowed herself a small smile, her blue eyes warming with the motion. "Otherwise, Lieutenant, it's good to see you again."

Suddenly, Gaeb's gaze snapped up, his golden eyes fixed intently upon a dark shadow in the skies. Elspeth followed his gaze and, using his senses as though they were her own, saw instantly what he had recognised: the great spread of a dragon carrying, not one, but two passengers. Within a moment, the white beast touched against the hard dirt, his rider sliding off and helping down what seemed to be an injured soldier.

"He needs a Surgeon now!" she called as she made for the main halls of the Coalition and instantly, Elspeth sent a summons in her mind, Gaeb's magic once again giving her the push it needed.

Healer Liliah to the main gates - we have a wounded soldier needing surgery.

Turning her gaze to that of the dragon's, Elspeth lowered her head in greeting. "I am Commander Elspeth of the Seventh Legion," she said to the large beast as his pearlescent scales shimmered in the morning sunlight, "Healer Liliah will meet you rider at the main gates and treat the man injured. Though I do not know your names, I thank you for your quick response in this matter. Tell me, where did you find him?"

ShadowWake
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Butterfly Effect on Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:38 pm

Shadow watched Alexis help the man into the base then her heard the voice of the comander.
"I am Commander Elspeth of the Seventh Legion,"..."Healer Liliah will meet you rider at the main gates and treat the man injured. Though I do not know your names, I thank you for your quick response in this matter. Tell me, where did you find him?"
Shadow then answered Elspeth "My name is Shadow and my rider's name is Alexis. Alexis and I found this man on the road that leads to the sea all we know is that he was attacked by bandits and that he is a knight of the legion"

Alexis carried the knight into the base and she was soon met by the healer Liliah.
"I'll take it from here ma'am" said Liliah
"But i want to help" pleded Alexis
"You have done enough ma'am. Besides I'm sure Elspeth wants your report"
Alexis sighed she was right but she turned to the Knight "I see you when i can"
Alexis then turned and returned to were she had landed.

Butterfly Effect
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Promethean World Builder Person of Interest Tipworthy Visual Appeal Group Theory Helmsman Arc Warden Storyteller Novelist Property Buyer Lifegiver Beta Tester Salesman

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ReiRyuusei on Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:38 am

When the second female to arrive returned, Daniel had long since shiefed his sword and was searching through the bags in which he kept on Naina's saddle, the crimson dragon herself was basking in the sun, but also giving Gaeb and the newly discovered white dragon some aknowledging looks. Daniel turned when the young woman came up to meet them, then he glanced over at his Commander randomly and gave her a grin. "Sooo... Commander Elspeth... I was wondering..." He told her, as he sashaied over, playing with the fastenings on his brown leather waist coat, which was tight over a loose, frill cuffed shirt of a slightly mucky white. A silver ring with a red garnet was placed on his right index finger and it glinted teasingly in the sunlight.

"I was just wondering... Once you've finished your reports and all that, maybe you and I could..." He shrugged, then gave her a flirtacious grin. "I don't know. Go down and tavern so I can treat you to a drink?" He gave her a wink. Geez, she was a tough nut to crack, every always the professional commander who refused his offers and told him to do better with his time rather then flirting with her, like he could be training or swotting up on his rather limited knowledge and expanding it further. But he was NOT giving up, he would get some 'romantic' time alone with Elspeth even if it was the last thing he did on this earth. Though he truely hoped it wouldn't be.

ReiRyuusei
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ShadowWake on Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:29 pm

Nodding in understanding to the pearly dragon's explanation, Elspeth watched as the young woman started to return, clearly anxious about the knight she had just deposited in the healer's care.

The bandits are becoming far more bold than I would like, Gaeb, she murmured into the emerald's mind, What news was there from Sharlohm last?

The mages sense no resistance from Wordonat's border as yet but the scouts claim some have been spotted trying to pass Broken Fang. Nothing severe as yet but still...

"Sooo... Commander Elspeth...I was wondering..." came the purring tone, and Elspeth shifted her drifting gaze to Daniel's, a wry smile playing on the corners of her mouth - not a full grin but at least hinting at one.

"What is it, Lieutenant?" she asked with a soft sigh, giving him a questioning look as he fiddled with his clothes, almost seeming nervous if it weren't for the inane grin pasted upon his face.

"I was just wondering..." he continued, a mischeivious glint adorning his eyes, "Once you've finished your reports and all that, maybe you and I could... I don't know. Go down to a tavern so I can treat you to a drink?"

Disarmed by the not-so-subtle wink and concentrating more on the approaching figure of Alexis, Elspeth flapped an exasperated hand at him. "I don't know, Daniel, maybe. We shall see. For now, just behave will you? I'd rather you didn't flirt with your commanding officer at seven in the morning in the middle of a training ground. I need soldiers here, not cupids."

Finally, Alexis returned to Shadow's side and Elspeth smiled broadly, holding out a hand for her to shake. "Lieutenant, pleasure to meet you. I am Commander Elspeth Dann and this is Gaeb. I'd like you to meet your fellow man-at-arms, Lieutenant Daniel Fray, and his dragon Naina. Thank you for your aid in rescuing the knight: it has been hard pinpointing where the bandits will strike but unfortunately, it may be more serious than that."

Blue gaze flicking across each of them, Elspeth continued, clasping her hands behind her back. "I won't go into details as of yet - I will wait until others of the Legion are present before I tell you more of our task. I will allow half an hour further for the other members to arrive but then we will have to commense training. Until then, feel free to speak as you will."

ShadowWake
Member for 16 years

Alexis smiled at Elspeth
"Thank you my lady" Alexis said "just doing my job"
Alexis then looked a Daniel and Shadow's voice came to her "The commander's boyfriend"
Alexis could tell he was joking and snickered a little.
Alexis smiled at Daniel and offering her hand to shake she said "Pleased to meet you Daniel my name's Alexis Greystone. By the way mind if i call you Dan?"
"Hey don't be too friendly now he might try something" warned Shadow.
"Don't worry" Alexis spoke back to Shadow's mind "If he does he'll learn how hard I can slap"
Shadow Just laughed and said "I guess he will"

Butterfly Effect
Member for 16 years

Re: Legions of the Dragon Coalition (IC) - Need 2 more RPers!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ReiRyuusei on Thu Oct 16, 2008 1:54 pm

The red head blinked at the hand which the recently arrived Rider extended towards him and stared at it for a little bit, before he remembered his manners, made his eyes meet hers and his mouth become a perfect O shape. He took her hand firmly but gently at the same time, if there was ever such a thing and gave her fingers a tiny, friendly squeeze as they shook hands. He grinned and cocked his head to the side, his small braid at the back of his head slipping into her view.

“Nice to meet you too, Lieutenant Alexis, dragon companion Shadow. I hope you don’t mind me saying,” He exclaimed as he inclined his head up to meet the eyes of the pearly dragon, giving him a friendly, no-harm-intended grin. Naina also watched the white-ish dragon, her amber eyes blinking slowly. “But you’re not the darkest of dragons I’ve ever seen. But of an oxymoron if you’re called Shadow, is it not?”

The titanium haired young man asked, looking like he was about to let go of Alexis‘ hand, but then he pulled it to his lip as he bent over handsomely, lightly brushing her knuckles with his lips. Then he straightened up and let her hand go eventually, giving her a generous bow. “And of course, it would be my honour to be referred to in such familiar terms, Lieutenant Alexis. You may of course call me Dan”

ReiRyuusei
Member for 16 years

Alexis pulled her hand away from dan.
"I warned you" Said Shadow "and tell him my name is Shadow cause your Father thought he was getting a dark scaled dragon"

Alexis glared at Dan. "I'm not that friendly" She warned him. Alexis took a breath.
"My father named him Shadow because he thought he would be a dark scaled Dragon."

Alexis then turned away and walked behind Shadow out of everyones view.

"Oh i wanted to see you slap him" said Shadow with a laugh

"Next time" said Alexis with a smile

Butterfly Effect
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ShadowWake on Sat Nov 01, 2008 11:23 am

Elspeth nodded agreeably as the two riders introduced each other, Daniel stereotypically already attempting to chat up the new Lieutenant who seemed to handle the clear flattering well. Shaking her head with a smile, the Commander lifted her gaze to the frigid blue skies, noting the height of the sun against the horizon. The gold haze was just beginning to emerge over the top of the distant mountains and she turned, patting Gaeb’s flank amicably.

We’ll have to start without the others, she told the dragon with an inward sigh, the slight frown upon her brow the only indication of her irritation, Though half a legion isn’t favourable...

We’ll manage well enough, I’m sure, returned the emerald as he rose to his feet, stretching his huge wingspan leisurely. “Dragons,” he said aloud, his deep voice carrying across the training field, “At present only you are able to communicate with your Commander telepathically. Your riders will lean in time to do so also but until then you must relay all commands myself or Commander Dann give you to the Lieutenant you carry. Is that clear?”

Hearing the affirmative, Elspeth smiled and adusted her jacket collar to protect her neck from the cold winds. Opening her hands expressively, she indicated the dragons. “Riders mount your dragons,” she stated, and then, moving over to Gaeb as he lowered himself, clambered up the emerald’s scaly side, settling herself comfortably between his spines.

“Now Riders,” Elspeth said once all were seated, her smile flashing across the two pairs, “Today we will encorporate our skills into an investigation to the North. There will be an opportunity to try Sky-Falling as a routine operation along with stealth and an assessment of a tactical situation. Dragons, fly to aproximately thirteen thousand feet above the training grounds and take up a gliding position: the air currents should be about right. I will relay further instructions once we are airbourne.”

Running a caloused palm over Gaeb’s neck, Elspeth gripped hard with her thighs. Legion: take wing! she called into the dragons’ minds and the dragon beneath her beat his leathery wings, lifting the pair into the sky.

ShadowWake
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ReiRyuusei on Sun Nov 09, 2008 10:37 am

Daniel was a bit lost for words. The new girl had threatened him when all he had done was been polite! Well, in Daniel terms anyway. Could he help it he was attracted to anyone? No, not really, he couldn't help i his brain was a mixture of lust and romantic mush when it came to everyone, though mostly the opposite sex. And now they had to sart training? Why!? Weren't they trained enough already? And Daniel didn't want to fly anymore - his legs were stiff from sleeping for miles of the stuff.

"What?" Daniel exclaimed outloud, looking clearly distraught, both from his loss of a potential date (or perhaps even two of them) and the prospect of flying around in some updrafts. "But why!?" The red head asked, though he wasn't expecting an answer, as he was already stomping away to a clear distance and then he drew his sword. "Why can't we practice in our own time? Some of us may have weaknesses to work on!"

But you have your fear of great heights... Naina asked him, confused at her companions behaviour. She looked to Gaeb apologeticly. Daniel responded rather rudely with a Shut up, Naina! You're a dragon, you're made to fly and be strong and poweful. You don't understand what it's like to be... Daniel wanted to say vunereble, but he shut off Naina's mind before she could pry.

"I have a fire spell that needs work. I'll be elsewhere if anyone needs me." He shot Alexis and then Elspeth a look before mentally adding Though I doubt anyone really will. He stormed off, looking for some place where they wouldn't disturb. Naina tried calling after him but his mind was blocked off. Her mental tone was filled with sincere apology when she told Gaeb. I am very sorry, it would seem Daniel is dealing with his rejection well... She cast a quick glance at Alexis, before looking back to the emerald dragon and adding: I will try and bring him round. He just needs sometime to cool off some steam. If that is alright with you, of course?

ReiRyuusei
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ShadowWake on Sun Nov 09, 2008 12:00 pm

Elspeth stiffened in her seat at the rider's retort, her blue eyes growing dark as Gaeb lowered himself to the floor once more, standing solely on his hind legs.

I am very sorry, she heard Naina say into her dragon's mind, it would seem Daniel is dealing with his rejection well... I will try and bring him round. He just needs sometime to cool off some steam. If that is alright with you, of course?

He needs to understand, Gaeb began hurriedly, sensing his rider's anger, but his words were cut off by the Commander's snapping tone.

Dragon, if your rider does not have enough manners or discipline to obey his commanding officer, he will not be part of my legion, is that clear? Elspeth told the carnelian crossly, gloved hands gripping hard onto her emerald's neck spines, I don't care what his reasoning is. And you can guarentee that any more of these... incidents and it won't just be his career at stake: as a friend he should understand that I have duties as a Commander and not make that more difficult for me. I now have to fly into a territory that is tentative at best, with only one other party of my legion: how am I going to collect the data I need when there are only two of us?!

Calm down, Gaeb soothed privately, It is not her fault Daniel can be difficult.

Turning her head away, Elspeth closed her eyes with a heavy sigh, opening them again once she was slightly calmer and fixing them upon Naina. "Find him, Naina," she said aloud coldly, meeting the dragon's gaze, "And please explain to him that my orders are there to be obeyed, not ignored. I will see him in my office at nineteen-hundred hours and it would be best if he is not late."

Raising an eyebrow, she stared pointedly at Naina. And that is not a proposition, she stated flatly into the dragon's mind, is that understood?

With the dragon's confirmation, Elspeth nodded, turning her attention to the other pair. "Now, Lieutenant Greystone, Shadow: please rise to thirteen hundred feet."

Giving one last look to Naina as the other pair took wing, Elspeth sighed again, almost regrettably. "Naina, I don't mean to seem so heartless," she murmured, shaking her head as she surveyed the ground, "But Daniel needs to understand - if he wants to continue his persistance in wooing me - that there are some things I cannot allow him; I have to treat him like everyone else under my command. And if he can't deal with that, then he'll have to give up one or the other: his career... or me. I'm sorry."

And beating his wings, Gaeb catapaulted them both into the clear morning sky.

ShadowWake
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ReiRyuusei on Sun Nov 09, 2008 12:41 pm

Naina nodded, looking saddened, as she knew her companion would not be pleased. He was a fickle boy, Naina felt. Most of the time he was easy and relaxed and happy, cracking jokes and flirting. But somethings just made him turn, like an angry bull, into a stubborn, disobidient, sharp tongued little child having a temper tantrum. She turned away from the others made her way after Daniel, though slowly so she could give him some space and some time to have a bit ofa think.

The red head flopped onto a stone, sitting with his backs to the others as they took flight. He could hear the steady beat of Gaeb's wings and he glared at nothing in particular. Naina appraoched and came to lie next to him, not saying anything. She knew Daniel would come round to speak, in his own time.

"What does she want?" He asked after a few moments of silence, Daniel scuffing his foot on the ground so dust rose up and then settled, only to be kicked up again. Naina turned her gaze away from him. "She wants you to take this seriously. She says you can't keep wooing her nor your commrads all the time: it does either of you no good. You must either give up her or your career as a Dragon Rider."

Daniel spat in disgust as Naina turned to look at him again. H was slouched over, gritting his teeth and baring them to the ground. "So she's put me in a loop hole then, eh?" Naina blinked with confusion and cocked her head slightly. "What do you mean loop hole?" Daniel shook his head and then scratched the back of his neck. His brain was working quickly despite his seemingly lax position.

"If I give up my career and continue to woo her, she will still pay me no mind and then I'll end up with nothing. But if I stop wooing her, chances are Gaeb will look down on me and he may be biased towards me, thinking me no good because I am distracted by women, which he has the right mind to think really..." Daniel straightened his back and brought his hands to his face and rubbed it, covering his eyes for a second.

"I'll have to work my butt off, following orders like some yapping lap dog... Tch!" Daniel was not a happy bunny, as anyone could tell from the rage coming off him in great yet invisible waves. Then he was silent for a moment, ondering. Naina did not interrupt, not did she emphasise the fact they should be joining the other two. She frownd at the human male when she heard him mutte: "...Might as well leave them as two, that will show her..."

Daniel... The emerald dragon spoke dangerously, glancing over her shoulder and her folded wing to watch the others, just in case they had overheard. Daniel's reputation would not be so good if he was heard muttering words of betrayal. But what he muttered next suprised the female dragon and she turned to gaze at her companion pityingly. "I never asked to be what I am..." Poor Daniel, alot had been burdened on his shoulders over the years and Naina had barely noticed. She felt a fire in her belly of guilt welling up inside her.

Then Daniel stood: he seemed to have experienced a brain wave. Then he turned on his heel and walked towards where Gaeb was hovering a couple of metres in the air. He glared at Elspeth with an expressionless face, his jaw set and his high cheek bones looking like hard granite. "Get down here, I have something to tell you." He ordered her, without so much as a 'Please, Commander'.

ReiRyuusei
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ShadowWake on Sun Nov 09, 2008 1:08 pm

"Get down here, I have something to tell you."

Positively fuming, Elspeth stared at Daniel from her position in the air, mouth set into a hard line and her body virtually bristling with anger. No matter how much she liked him, there were times when Daniel pushed it too far and this was clearly one of them.

"No, Lieutenant," she spat furiously, her blue eyes narrowed, "If you wish me to even listen what you want to say, you will not order me to do anything. I told Naina that if you couldn't handle taking orders than you could give up your career but that does not mean that you can make demands."

A hard ball of disappointment welled in her chest, cold as ice, and Elspeth grit her teeth, using her anger to smother the odd sense of sadness. "You seem," she said slowly and pointedly, "to have decided that you don't want to even try persuing both my friendship and your career together in reasonable harmony: if that is your descision, then fine. But either you will choose one of them or I will take away both."

Taking a deep breath, Elspeth locked eyes with Naina and, to the dragon, her dejection must have been obvious. I thought my feelings about him were clear? she stated unhappily, knowing Daniel could not hear her, Does he not understand how hard it is for me to remain professional while I am attached to a member of my Legion? And if he makes me choose, I have to go with what is best for the Coalition: I cannot afford to sacrifice the trust of so many just because I don't want to hurt the the man I care about.

Returning her gaze to the rider, Elspeth pressed her fingers to her temples, squeezing her eyes shut for a brief instant. Fine, if Daniel was going to be like this then she had no option but to be as distant as she could. "Say what you have to and be quick about it," she said tiredly, "I have work to do. If you wish not to join us, then retire to your quarters and I will see you in my office at the nineteenth hour."
Last edited by ShadowWake on Sun Nov 09, 2008 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ShadowWake
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ReiRyuusei on Sun Nov 09, 2008 1:22 pm

Daniel bared his teeth up at her. He was also fuming. Although she was his commander, he was not liking the way she couldn't take being asked to come down, even if he hadn't been very nice about it.

"You are so quick to judge!" He shouted suddenly up at her, his hair on end and flickering dangerous as a breeze blew past, like a fiery inferno as the sun reflected the many shades and colours.

"You think you can assument anything and always be correct!? You're not some God, Commander, you're not someone who can know another's feelings by simply gazing at them. I never said I wanted to leave, but seeing as you have so divinely made up the disicion for me, maybe I will leave you with only one Dragon Rider left under your wing!" He spat, turning on his heel and stomping off once more, this time in the direction of the castle so he could sulk in his room.

Naina stepped forward, a look of concern for her companion and his big mouth and for her fear of Elspeth and her powerful dragon. "I'm so sorry... Daniel is clearly feeling very confused at the moment. He won't even tell me what he has to say to you..." The dragon looked down mournfully at the thought of her Rider being so distant with her.

"I think... What he has to tell you is very personal to him... I don't think it is something he can just say in front of everyone..." Naina admitted, knowing the reason for Daniel's fear of flying in the updrafts of the wind.

ReiRyuusei
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ShadowWake on Sun Nov 09, 2008 1:54 pm

"You are so quick to judge!" Daniel hollared in return and rage pulsed through Elspeth's veins like molten steel, "You think you can assume anything and always be correct!? You're not some God, Commander, you're not someone who can know another's feelings by simply gazing at them. I never said I wanted to leave, but seeing as you have so divinely made up the disicion for me, maybe I will leave you with only one Dragon Rider left under your wing!"

The rider spun on his heel, storming off in the direction of the citadel and Elspeth sprung to her feet, balancing easily upon her dragon's broad back as her hands balled themselves into fists.

Elspeth... Gaeb warned, shifting slightly, though not enough to overbalance her, Control your temper...

"Stomping away after disobeying a superior's orders is generally considered to be leaving!" she yelled at Daniel's back, ignoring the beast beneath her and feeling her breath catch in her anger, cheeks pink with both the chafing of the chill wind and her flaming rage, "Or at least in any other Legion it is. The rules are no different in mine, neither should you treat them any differently! Daniel, do you ever listen to anything I say?!"

"I'm so sorry..." came the female dragon's soothing rumble and her tone showed she was clearly as miserable as the Commander, "Daniel is clearly feeling very confused at the moment. He won't even tell me what he has to say to you... I think... What he has to tell you is very personal to him... I don't think it is something he can just say in front of everyone..."

Letting out what seemed to be half-way between a sigh and a despairing sob, Elspeth thumped a fist gently against Gaeb's scaly neck - who humphed but made no other movement - leaning so that her forehead rested upon the warm dragon-flesh.

"Naina, I've given him so many chances to talk:" she exclaimed in exasperation, "just because I don't agree to going out on a date every time he decides it's a good idea, doesn't mean that I don't speak to him alone... Gah! Can't he love someone who doesn't have as many commitments?"

Rubbing her eyes - and suddenly feeling very tired - Elspeth gave another sigh. "He's been working just as hard as I have - at least that's what Osten told me, and I take his word as truth: he needs time off. He has today, okay Naina? To think and rest. Just... just try and get him to understand. I cannot give up being a Commander just because he wishes it. We'll cope with the two of us on this trip, I'm sure. He can talk to me later if he feels he is ready to: remember nineteen-hundred and no later. If he is unpunctual, I'll take it as a personal insult."

Gazing at the carnelian dragon despairingly, Elspeth gave a wry smile. "As much as I may not show it at times, I do enjoy his company. Remind him that I don't want to lose it."

ShadowWake
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ReiRyuusei on Sun Nov 09, 2008 2:19 pm

Naina nodded and said nothing more. She turned her back on the others and wandered off after her companion. He had already stomped off to his room wen she finally came through the gates: the guards had been suspecting as her and her Rider were not together, to which the dragoness had snorted and looked angry and scary until the guard agreed to let her in,. She walked past them with her nose held high in a domineering manner and her walk having a self important sway in her hips. She didn't care: she was meant to be giving off the aura of 'I'm bigger, stronger and smarter then you, stupid ant'.

She decided not to confront Daniel immediately, so she turned to wander into the large garden, a fountain erupting with water and filling the air with spray. She drank from it for a while, the scent of a hundred or more flowers reaching her nostrils and she settled down to rest. Her companion needed time alone, to deal with his stress and Naina would give him that time and personal space. She rested her head on the ground and just before she drifted off into a small cat nap, she was certain she could hear Daniel throwing a chair at his bedroom wall and it smashed into a thousand pieces.

~~~~~

Daniel was roaring. As soon as she had told the guard at the tower stairs that no one should disturb him for at least 2 hours and had climbed the spiral stair case to enter his room, he had slammed the door and grabbed the nearest object to throw at the wall. In this case it was the wooden chair at his dressing table.

He attacked and assulted almost everything. His room no longer had any personal possessions, so he felt no regret when he picked up the small table by his bedside and lifted it high above his head, before bringing it down to the stone floor to smash and splitter: completely destroyed.

"That stupid, self righteous, domineering... ARRGGHHH!" He screamed like a bear, roared like a mountain lion and generally wrecked the place. He upturned his bed. He smashed the mirror of his dresser table with a heavy book he found and ripped to pieces once he was done. He ripped his dresser table to pieces and then threw one of it's legs to smash his window.

Only when he was done did he stop in the centre of the bombarded room, panting and sweating and bleeding in several laces from small cuts, mainly on his hands or his face. His hest wheezed up and down and he ripped off his waist coat, buttons scattering across the floor. Off came his shirt, pulling it off so rouchly it tore at some place, though he did not care. He threw off his shoes and socks, then pulled out the matress from underneath the wrecked bed and threw himself on it, shoving his head in a pillow and cursing like a sailor.

After that, he drifted in and out of sleep, his rage making him exhausted. He would only be woken by the insistent knocking of his Commander when it came round to 19 hundred hours. He recived the infomation from Naina, in his dreams and stored it within his brain.

ReiRyuusei
Member for 16 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!