Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Looking for a suitable Roleplay

a topic in Interest Checks, a part of the RPG forum.

Thinking about starting a roleplay, but don't have the idea completely finished? Post it here, not in the main OOC forum!

Looking for a suitable Roleplay

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby pieluver on Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:57 pm

I need to make a blind character again. Badly. But I don't see anything that piques my interest at the moment. I would create my own roleplay, But I've got two and I don't feel like being responsible for another. I want a roleplay that is built to last with someone who knows what they are doing at least somewhat.

But I don't see anything that's been created recently that I really want to play. So I'm looking for someone with a good idea for a roleplay, perhaps one that isn't fleshed out fully?

I've got no problems with helping, I don't feel like doing more stuff on my own.

Here is the type of character that I'm craving to play:

~Male
~Blind
~Anywhere from sixteen to thirty-two
~Musically gifted
~A tad bitter
~slightly destructive

Is basically it.

I'm looking for something that will be a group roleplay, but other than that i don't really care. So long as it isn't romance based.

I like longer 'plays too. As of late I've been waxing 500 to 1000 words on posts, depending on what I'm given.

Anyone interested?
slcam plz

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

pieluver
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Visual Appeal Storyteller Recruiter Lifegiver Tipworthy Giver Person of Interest

Re: Looking for a suitable Roleplay

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ViceVersus on Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:09 pm

.. Huh. This is interesting. I've played a few blind characters in my time. This is an odd sort of roleplay request. It intrigues me. I like that starts with a character, too. Like, I like that a lot.

What did you have in mind in the way of story?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

ViceVersus
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Lifegiver Visual Appeal Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby pieluver on Fri Feb 10, 2012 6:51 pm

I adore blind/mute/deaf characters. Something about the difference in perspective is enthralling. Usually I can find something suitable to sate my craving, but nothing seems to be suitable to mar with my human pestilence this time around.

And why thank you. He's pretty well developed, I've used him five or six times with different variations of his tune.

I had nothing really in mind, I just need something. I like human condition/desperation and just about anything that's written well and has promise.

pieluver
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Visual Appeal Storyteller Recruiter Lifegiver Tipworthy Giver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ViceVersus on Sat Feb 11, 2012 11:03 am

So tell me a bit about this character. Or post something that you've written as him, so I can get an idea of who he is. Good character conflict comes from the human heart against itself - maybe that'll help me come up with a plot idea. :o

ViceVersus
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Lifegiver Visual Appeal Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby pieluver on Sat Feb 11, 2012 11:52 am

Okay... let me see what I can Frankenstein together.

In short:

I've got, "A bitterly sarcastic blind boy" who is "very headstrong". His moods range from bitter and obstinate to quietly content. He is most vocal about his opinions when immersed in the former. "He isn't depressed, just lonely". He has alienated himself from most everyone because of his bitterness. He hates himself for being blind, even though it was something he was born with and couldn't control in the slightest. Not only that, but he hates other people for being able to see, for having something he doesn't. "As his mood sours, his sarcasm grows." The more sarcastic he is, the more vicious he grows. He is "secretive too. He keeps to himself" all his own vulnerabilities, because he already believes himself to be weak.

In somewhat longer:

""It breaths. It lives. But since you can see I'm sure you wouldn't notice such subtleties of the world.""

""So call me boy, call me what you like. You can call me bastard if it strikes you fancy." He didn't know why, but the thought of uttering his name in this place made him uneasy, as if he was signing his own death contract by the mere words.And he felt a bit powerful, knowing their names while he was still a mystery"

"Let them understand what it is like to live without sight. To only have the tantalizing whorls of colour that haunt your dreams, making everything a nightmare."

"Maybe it was an opportunity? To become a God? To control it all? But was that what he wanted? To control death? No, not really. Just his own pain. To get his sight back or to let everyone else suffer and understand his pain. How he felt. No one ever cared how the blid kid felt oh no."

"He relaxed, the wail dying. There was no point in struggle, so why not just give him permission? Then it would be his pain. Under his control."

"Perfect! Everything was in his control, if only he'd give things permission to happen!"

"...it hurt less to laugh than to cry."

"He had to be remembered. Immortalized here on this wall. No one in this room knew his name, yet here he was, going and starting to die without introducing himself properly. So he started to write his obituary in his own blood."

That was the best of what I could find. Most of it was from James, who struggles with control and likes to destroy himself with flesh wounds, but I'm not going to go that drastic again, I think. He's my 'See no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil' poster child. Most of the former personality description was from Sebastian, but I can't find any post snippets from him. He lives off of music and expression through sound, and he hates being told what to do or being put in a pen.

Sorry for the scattered, probably a touch nonsensical air of the post. I've got a heavy dosage of nyquil in me still. If you need more clarification, I'll try for a hand full of brevity.

pieluver
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BleedingCrimson on Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:38 pm

I want! I would love to play a female role for this, and I don't need a romance overtone, I'm simply better at female roles (though I can play males if needed).

I don't have a plot, though I'm sure that we can cobble something together (It's aliii~ve!) to please us both. PM if this interests you, I suppose. I'll be watching the post too.
All say, "How hard it is that we have to die" - a strange complaint to come from the mouths of people who have had to live.
~Mark Twain

BleedingCrimson
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby pieluver on Tue Feb 14, 2012 3:24 pm

@BleedingCrimson (nice user by the way)

Were you intending a group or a private? Because I need something with more than two people, because I don't have enough brain cells to come up with any more stellar ideas at the moment >.<

pieluver
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BleedingCrimson on Tue Feb 14, 2012 4:25 pm

Either is fine with me, though the groups I'm in usually end up fizzling out, I think I'm bad luck or something... But, I wouldn't mind helping set something up, not at all. I actually have a group idea in the Interest Checks areas called Yokaiden, though if you're not interested in that we could figure something else out.

BleedingCrimson
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby pieluver on Tue Feb 14, 2012 5:04 pm

Toss me a link and I'll take a look -is super lazy-

I'm usually good about keeping a group together. My track record so far is about six months.

pieluver
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BleedingCrimson on Tue Feb 14, 2012 5:17 pm

Oh hooray! I just end up picking all the RPs that are just doomed to fail, though to be on the fair side I suppose at least one or two was partly/mostly my fault...

And I liked, it's called Yokaiden Fantasy apparently... >.>

yokaiden-fantasy-t68037.html

BleedingCrimson
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby pieluver on Tue Feb 14, 2012 5:39 pm

I'm just so scary that none of the chickadees I 'play with would never dream of skipping out on me. Rrrawr! XD

And I dunno. I'm not really good with Japanese culture XD

pieluver
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BleedingCrimson on Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:01 pm

Ah, no problem then, just a quick something that I was wondering if anyone else was interested in.

Um, the only thing I can think of right now where our character would meet might be a school-type thing. OH! Idea!

What if it starts out as a school thing but they both somehow end up in (though I think my character would probably be the lone member of) a 'storybook/story telling' club or sommat and the things they write/say for stories end up coming true somehow. Kinda like a Bedtime Stories thing, though the two would have to live out different plots that they came p with during the day. (Perhaps these stories would come to life, them as the main characters) in their dreams (which would be shared) and they always wake up before they die, except as they get further and further into their dream world it's harder to wake up from and it becomes more and more realistic until neither can wake up (coma in real world?) and their dreams are completely real to them- they can feel pain, hunger, cold, etc. and most importantly, they can die... Something like that maybe? If you're interested, of course...

BleedingCrimson
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby pieluver on Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:10 pm

That sounds interesting. I don't think my blind kiddo would have much patience for stories, reading or writing. And I'm sort of confused. I haven't seen the bedtimes story thing (That's the one with Adam Sandler, or however you spell it, right?) So i don't understand exactly how it would work.

pieluver
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BleedingCrimson on Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:19 pm

I haven't seen it either, but I'm pretty sure it was all about him making up (bedtime) stories and then them coming true...

But yeah, the blindness and short temper probably would make it not work out. Dangit. Ah well, anything you might like to try?

BleedingCrimson
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby pieluver on Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:31 pm

Mmm. I have no clue. My fount of creativity hath ranith itself barren. I just like killing things, basically. I'm too much of a lazy bugger to come up with interesting ideas T.T

pieluver
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BleedingCrimson on Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:54 pm

Same here, man, same here. D:

BleedingCrimson
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby pieluver on Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:07 pm

Gah! Well, there was a roleplay I took part in around September which died in the middle of my character dying (Ironically) That was rather tasty. But it was pretty much a gore fest. I dunno, I'm not feeling the homicidal vibe from you...

pieluver
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BleedingCrimson on Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:57 pm

Probably not, but that's only because I don't have a character like that that I'm currently playing. In fact, I only have one(!) RP going on right now (despite all attempts to the contrary) so I, unfortunately, am not playing many characters at the moment. But if we do get something going on I definitely can be as long as my character is that way... Ah, the joys of being an actor, you can slip into so many different skins at the drop of a hat (hopefully, anyway) :D

BleedingCrimson
Member for 14 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!