Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Lost Gods (OOC)

a topic in Out of Character, a part of the RPG forum.

Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Lost Gods (OOC)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rosalind_Black on Sat Feb 28, 2009 7:06 pm

Alright, I'll explain the title.

Forgotten gods is simple enough, but these are a group so diverse, so different from one another. There are the good and the bad. Light and dark. But also the shades of grey.

They are constantly fighting, killing, falling in and out of love. We can throw this to modern times and throw humans in the mix, so no, you don't have to be a god/goddess. Anyone is welcome to post, just tell me you're joining. I'll post after someone has responded.

Name: Mina Aurora
Children: None
Appearance: Stands about 5"9in with knee length black hair. Her skin is ivory, eyes a bright ocean hue. She is healthy looking, average athletic body.
Power/weapon: Controls the wind and storms. Her weapons are her power and she can handle and blades.

Name: Onyx Aurora
Mina's almost exact twin.
Their age and appearance is the same excluding their eyes and clothing.
Eyes: honey brown
Clothing: Usually black leather pants, leaning more to the tight side. She wears a blue ruffled poet-shirt and tall flat black boots.
Despite the way she dresses, she is more of a lover than a fighter. Skilled in medicine, she has brought and saved life.
Children: One or two not to be mentioned.
Married: No

Name: Sapphira Roan
Appearance: Deep ocean eyes, stands 5'10. Hair is to her mid back, black as her heart. She's as white as milk and is very stern and strong looking. She's slim though, none of her features take away from her beauty.
Powers over: Disasters and forests. Can understand the animals.
Because my snot knows the answers! ~~A friend

"You're free to leave me. Just don't deceive me." ~Moulin Rouge

People make mistakes. It takes a big heart to forgive massive mistakes that sometimes interrupt life. I forgive you.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Rosalind_Black
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: Lost Gods (OOC)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Artemis Valkyrie on Sat Feb 28, 2009 7:15 pm

Name: Nera Deaxy
Children:none
Appearance: Very long pure white hair, she looks about 27. Nera is always wearing gray and white clothing. Normally wears pants and a shirt. Nera will wear dresses when occasion calls for it. She has cold, deep gray eyes with hints of blue. Is about 5'7".
Powers Over: Time, Shadows, memories. Also swords of any sort, and she practices certain types of martial arts.
(This okay?)
Last edited by Artemis Valkyrie on Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sitting by you,
Watching you,
Loving you,
I had done these once... long ago.
But now we're apart,
And I don't regret that choice,
anymore.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Artemis Valkyrie
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KiraDemonWolf on Sat Feb 28, 2009 7:38 pm

Name: Hikaru Honoka
Children: Kiyoko
Appearance: (Hikaru) http://s.bebo.com/app-image/7954020514/ ... ime241.jpg
(Kiyoko) http://s15.photobucket.com/albums/a394/ ... fire-1.jpg
Powers: (Hikaru) Fire, volcanoes, emotions of humans
(Kiyoko) Also fire, and water
Weapons: (Hikaru) Fire Katana
(Kiyoko) Fire kunai knives and water shuriken
Learn to treat those who died, holding onto their beliefs, with respect. That is what a real man does... So if you want to become a real man, then come aboard my ship. - Captain Harlock, Captain Harlock Endless Odyssey (^^)

98% of teens would die if Myspace died, if you were one of the 2% that would be laughing in their face, put this in your signature.

95% of teens listen to rap. If you are one of the 5% that listen to ROCK or METAL add this to your sig.

KiraDemonWolf
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Avalon on Sat Feb 28, 2009 7:46 pm

Name: Avan Amaranth
Age: scholars have a hard time keeping track, since they keep discovering mentionings of him from beyond even the years of the Mesopotamians, the oldest of civilizations.
Status: Wife of 20 years left him, so he's what you might call 'lonely'.
Physically: Strong and rather athletic, with broad shoulders and good-sized arms. He wears strange attire for one who was supposedly a Babylonian deity; a black hakama and white kimono, over which he wears a long black cloak that covers his body, except his eyes, nose, lips, and chin. His eyes are as blue and deep as the sea, and his hair is long and golden. It usually goes to his mid-thighs, but he keeps it up mostly, in a ponytail or braid. He is nearly 6'11".
Mentally: Powerful magic sleeps within this one, ready to be awakened at a moment's notice. He commands and created the power called Twilight, and thus is known usually as 'God of Twilight' or 'God of Balance'.
Weapon of choice: The Blade of Dawn, Tsuriga

Name: Kiri Amaranth
Age: The same as Avan, for he is the deity's darkness manifested into physical form
Status: Cursing his own existence, he is lonely to the greatest point.
Physically: He looks exactly like Avan, except his kimono is black, and his hakama is white. His cloak is still black, his eyes and hair the same color, but his skin is darker than the paleness of Avan's. He also sports a much stronger looking body
Mentally: He doesn't use magic unless it's for things he does at home. In battle, he relies on his great strength and the power of his mighty axe.
Weapon of choice: Tellani, Axe of Despair
"Devotion is so rare, and we are so grateful to those who show it unasked to those we love."
~Dr. John Seward, MD.~

"My pain, indescribable. My self-loathing, undeniable. My will, unbreakable. My wrath, unavoidable. Your destruction, inevitable."
~Unknown, Avan, Zero, Wrath, Kiri~

Avalon
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Butterfly Effect on Sat Feb 28, 2009 8:56 pm

Name: Ryaia
Children: None she is belived to barren as the Goddess of death though she has never tested this(in other words she is a virgin)
Appearance:
Power/weapon: necromancy/ for weapon see pic.
"I pledge allegiance to Max and the power for which she stands"
-Chloe Price

Butterfly Effect
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Promethean World Builder Person of Interest Tipworthy Visual Appeal Group Theory Helmsman Arc Warden Storyteller Novelist Property Buyer Lifegiver Beta Tester Salesman

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Avalon on Sat Feb 28, 2009 9:49 pm

Rosalind, gimme an IM when you get the IC up.

Avalon
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rosalind_Black on Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:13 pm

I'll probably put a link up in here. All charries seem good. ^_^ Thank you all for joining.

Rosalind_Black
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby HK_metal on Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:01 am

Name: Fjell Bolig
Children: Goats
[b]Appearance:
At full height he stans about 7'0 but is usually hunched over to 6'0. He wears a tattered blackened blue coat, has long black hair flowing out of his hood, but his face cannot be seen. Two goat horns sprout from the top of his head. Long spidery fingers with long finger nails.

Power/weapon: Some claim he has no power at all, and that he just wanders the northern mountains of earth, they are wrong. He is bound to the earth, not able to enter neither heaven, nor hell, nor any other domain other then the earth. The mountains are his home, there he watches over the entire world, the mountains speak to him, and he listens. He speaks to them, and in his domain he is god, in his mountains of the north he controls all. Some call him the watcher, others call him the goat lord. Some call him the keeper. In his deep mountain hall he keeps many ancient texts, prized texts, that he has seized from numerous gods as payment for various things. Texts long though lost, mythic, legendary books and scrolls. Many have tried to take them from him, but all have failed.

HK_metal
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zarian on Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:05 pm

WOOT I'm gonna be the only perfectly normal person here!!

Name: Christopher Patrick Wolke (His friends call him Chris)
Children: None
Appearance: http://i379.photobucket.com/albums/oo23 ... ro-kun.jpg
Powers: None. He is human
Physique: He is relatively weak, preferring to spend most of his time indoors drawing or reading.
Mentality: Easygoing. He has a close group of friends that he hangs out with a lot. He hates doing any major work, and is a procrastinator. He loves to look at girls he thinks are cute, but can never seem to work up the gumption to talk to them.
Weapon: He collects swords and daggers, but isn't very skill with either.

Is this one okay, Rosalind?
Over the hills and far away, he swears he will return one day.
Far from the mountains and the seas, back in her arms is where he'll be.

Over the hills and far away, she prays he will return one day.
As sure as the rivers reach the seas, back in his arms is where she'll be.

-Nightwish, Over the Hills and Far Away

Zarian
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rosalind_Black on Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:11 pm

That's wonderful, Zarian. We need some humans! Have you got a way for him to meet one of the Gods/Goddesses? Is he in the town where Onyx lives?

Rosalind_Black
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zarian on Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:16 pm

He could be. Are the Cities modern or not? I read that they were modern, but I'm not too sure. I haven't exactly visited the IC yet.

Zarian
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rosalind_Black on Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:25 pm

The cities are modern, as a matter of fact, People are accustomed to the bit of strangeness. Onyx gets a lot of business because her "medicines" help even some of the biggest illnesses.

Rosalind_Black
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Artemis Valkyrie on Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:28 pm

just found the IC sorry I didn't find it sooner

Artemis Valkyrie
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rosalind_Black on Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:29 pm

It's fine. I shd put a link up... I suppose I'll put one here. http://www.roleplaygateway.com/lost-gods-t18414.html

Rosalind_Black
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zarian on Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:34 pm

I'm gonna feel so lonely, being the only human. And, by the way, my character is based off of me. Same name, mentality, physique, everything. Except for I don't have a picture of myself to put up. People say it's bad to make a character based so close to yourself. But I couldn't disagree more. I love making characters that are based off of me. They're the fun ones!

Zarian
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rosalind_Black on Sun Mar 01, 2009 2:05 pm

lol, The shrine is in the sky, hon. Wanna fix that post of yours? Onyx's shop is on the outskirts of town though...

Rosalind_Black
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zarian on Sun Mar 01, 2009 2:14 pm

Awww... Darn. 'Kay. I'll fix that!

Zarian
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby elessidil on Sun Mar 01, 2009 2:32 pm

-Name: Flood
-Type: Demi-God Elementalist
-Appearance: 6'1" 220lbs of rippling muscles that are almost constantly covered up. Straight black hair about halfway down his back with a single dark blue stripe on his right side. Violet eyes. Always wears a very intricate ebony and amber cuirass made for him by his former worshipers. Usually in some kind of flowing outer garment.
-Bio: Formerly the god of a Nordic pagan warrior religion. Flood is not his actual name, but a rough modern-day translation. When the Christ-god came to his lands, he and his counterparts were forgotten. He has a deep appreciation for human life and tries not to kill if at all possible. Fighting style centers on precision and brute strength. Despite his reverence of all forms of life, Flood is unnecessarily rude to most people, showing his true side only to those closest to him.
-Weapons: None.Disdains the use of metal or wood worked weapons, favoring instead the mastery of his element.
-Attacks: Water based. Can create water from nothing and control every aspect of it.

-Name: Floe
-Type: Demi-God Elementalist
-Appearance: 5'9" 165lbs. Wiry and thin. Short, spiky hair, ice blue at the roots with black tips. Same violet eyes as his brother Flood. No armor because it slows him down. Usually wearing loose legged trousers and a black shirt with ripped sleeves.
-Bio: Formerly the god of a Nordic pagan warrior religion. Floe is not his actual name, but the modern day translation. When the Christ-god came to his lands, he and his counterparts were forgotten. The greatest thrill is that of battle, and he only truly appreciates the lives of his warriors. Fighting style is highly acrobatic and focuses on speed and finesse over power. Floe is always grinning and seems to always have something to say, though sarcasm tends to leak through his widest smiles.
-Weapons: Ice sword
-Attacks: Ice based. Loves to make marionettes to fight with. He can create ice from nothing (very strong ice), freeze actual water (very, very strong ice), or use his powers to enhance natural ice (never melt, never break, never dull).
Paddle faster, I hear super robot ninja coyotes

(14:26:37) todd_sweeney: What's your malfunction, buddy?
(14:26:51) Connor: Too much cocaine, not enough sleep.
(14:27:10) todd_sweeney: XD OMG, you actually just said that!!

Aawwww...I wanted to explode...

elessidil
Member for 16 years
Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NoxDuMort on Sun Mar 01, 2009 9:50 pm

-Name: Kensenjei Strava
-Race: Demi-God of Jackals
-Appearance: Strava stands at 5'10" and weighs 154lbs. Athletic build with tanned skin, long, messy orange hair that ends at the shoulders, and bright yellow eyes. Usually wears black jeans with rips at the knees and a long sleeved, dark brown shirt. Tribal tattos run all along his body, from neck to ankle, appear as black lines that intertwine at every inch. Can be usually seen with a dagger strapped to his left hip.
-Bio: Born from the union of a female assassin and an unknown god and raised to be an executioner, Strava has rightfully been dubbed the God of Jackals. Brought up under the tutelage of his mother, the young Strava had his eyes opened to the corruption of the world, and claimed his first kill at the tender age of seven, having killed the rapist and murderer of a recently made friend. After the death of his mother he shunned the world and became a contract assassin. After being named the Ace of Hearts by the underworld as a reference to the playing card he left over the hearts of his victims, he retreated from the world and became a hermit. His powers lead him to believe he may be the child of an evil god.
Powers: Able to control blood (when outside the body only) and summon undead servants
-Weapons: Uses katar as his main weapons
Me- If everyone could see what do you think they would say?
Other- But everyone can see.
Me- Really? I never noticed with all the idiots stubbling around in the dark.

NoxDuMort
Member for 15 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ellimist6 on Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:14 pm

-Name: Mike W. Lauffer (I'm chris's real friend hehehe)
-Race: Human
-Apperance: Height is about 5' 7", and weighs about 120 lbs. He has dark brown hair with shiny bluish-grey eyes. At times he will have a beard that is the same color as his hair unless he shaves it (of course). His skin is usually somewhat tanned unless in the winter its pretty pale. Also he doesn't look very muscular, but can lift a bit more than his own weight (with some struggle of course). Always wears dark-colored clothes, hates bright colors, and prefers black clothing. Usually wears dark blue or black jeans with a dark-colored shirt.
-Personality: A good-hearted, sweet guy with a funny sense of humor. Also intelligent and a smartass. He likes to make new friends and sticks close to his good friends. On bad days he can't stand talking to anyone that he doesn't know and isn't a friend of his. He has a somewhat depressing attitude at times and hears what he calls voices in his head (you can think i'm crazy, but everyone has a little voice in their head. The voices are named as Mike calls them Joe and Bill.
-Powers: None unless you consider knowledge a power.
-Weapons: Mike collects katanas and daggers, though not very good with katanas. But he can use almost any everyday object to fight with (because i'm just that good.... and I practice).
-Other: Mike met Chris while in school and became good friends with him. Mike likes to read and write books as well as just hang out. He's always been looking for that special someone.

(am I accepted?)
Sleep brings no strength to me,
No power renewed to brave;
I only sail a wilder sea,
A darker wave.from "The Horrors Of Sleep" by Emily Bronte

Ellimist6
Member for 15 years
Promethean Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!