Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

The Pantheon: Post Cataclysm

Middle Realm; Landclaims

a part of “The Pantheon: Post Cataclysm”, a fictional universe by Midnightclub.

Gods rule the cosmos and all that is within. As one of these elite beings how will you run the world? What will you create?

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “The Pantheon: Post Cataclysm”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: Middle Realm; Landclaims

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Binsetsu on Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:11 am

No problem! I added the name you had for your lands for the time being, but if you prefer I can edit that out again.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Binsetsu
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ZacharyTC on Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:33 pm

What do we do about claims by deities whose roleplayers are no longer active?

By the way, since New Sacrira will be lost to the Betan Kingdom (the nation with Nylia as their matron), I'd like to make an additional claim: The coastal region from An-Teng to Harborhead, extending far enough south to border Riomu, Merida, Rodrauge, and Acanthus.
[CENTER]Image

Monsters create victims. Some victims become monsters to return the favor to the monsters who victimize them.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

ZacharyTC
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Seveneleven on Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:14 am

Hello Binsetsu! I would love to see a current map. Also I would like to know which territories are in effect and ones that are abandoned (Or Inactive). That way I can begin to setup the 26 Jurisdictions. Note that these aren't land claims, as all Archangels and Angels live in Paradise. But these are just for me to reference so I know where I put all of these guy's stations. All 26 JDs are up against the edges of the entire world, so I need to fit 26 JDs around the entire map. Once we mark them, I would suggest using a different color than red, as to distinguish these as NOT Land claims. Thank you! :)

Seveneleven
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Party Starter Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Binsetsu on Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:14 am

I've been taking a look at the map recently actually, but wasn't sure who was gone and who was simply inactive etc. So, instead, I have made two different maps now.

This one, in which all areas claimed by people who have not posted in some way for a reasonable amount of time are blue.

Und this one, In which all inactive players have been removed and the Sacricans new territory is added. For the time being I left the Archipelago as Adarani's territory as well, but I can change that once changes occur.

The old map can still be seen here.

Binsetsu
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fabricator on Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:19 am

Would it be possible to maybe extend Mérida's claim down the eastern forest alongside Mathias' territory and upto your own Binsetsu as the creatures of nature expand
ImageImage

Fabricator
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Seveneleven on Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:25 am

Thanks for the update Bin! Now I can go about my plans and I shall start to set up the JDs IC.

Seveneleven
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Party Starter Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Binsetsu on Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:29 am

Binsetsu
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fabricator on Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:01 pm

Exactly ^_^ cheers.

You couldn't maybe add a small circle just to the east of your empire to signify a city? in that area of trees, just south of the river as it enters the forests?

Fabricator
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Butterfly Princess on Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:48 pm

I was asked to do this where the City of No Name would be found. I would like to claim the portion northeast of Adarani's territory which is also west of Othuma's dominion. Thank you very much

Butterfly Princess
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Binsetsu on Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:15 pm

Like,so? Also, Fabric, I added a Little red dot with a black dot inside of it to mark the city, I hope that's what you meant?

Binsetsu
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fabricator on Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:46 pm

Yeah I was meaning a little more south but tbh near enough and cheers ^_^

Fabricator
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Drogyn on Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:03 pm

Each of those squares is roughly the size of Texas, don't you think you're going overboard with your domain claiming when it's a medieval (at best) world? It seems to me that just one square could contain an entire nation and still have plenty of space since they're 500 by 500 miles. It would take a person on foot several weeks to cross that distance.
Lloyd Irving:Just because the logic is sound, it doesn't mean it's right.
Death is not punishment. Punishment is living with one's crime and working to atone for it.-Regal Bryant
"It's meaningless to just live, it's meaningless to just fight. I want to win!"-Ichigo Kurosaki
DATTEBAYO!!!!-Naruto Uzumaki

Drogyn
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ZacharyTC on Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:17 pm

You also have to consider what other means of travel are present. For my people, it's easy, since they can fly at incredible speeds. For them, the most it would take to reach a location the distance of, say, between my archipelago land claim and the middle of Nylia's current land claim, a few hours or so.

ZacharyTC
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Drogyn on Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:21 pm

A few hours...so your winged people can reach supersonic speeds and hold that speed for several hours without any rest? That's basically what you're saying. Since the distance you're talking about is in thousands of miles. Commercial airplanes don't even fly that fast. Besides, my real point is just that there's not enough to fill all this space. Even by the modern standard's for population this map is more than enough space if used wisely. So for the Middle Realm the way it is now? It's like putting a midget in New York and telling him that he has the whole city to himself. There's just too much space for it to be realistic.

Drogyn
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Binsetsu on Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:59 am

Well, the way how I've seen it is that they're areas of influence for a particular god, so they aren't necessarily filled to the brim, there could just be a few cities and villages in any one area. Which to me makes sense, as certain civilizations will have much higher populations compared to others. Russia is pretty huge too, yet certain areas are mostly empty except for a few crazy people that live there. Which may or may not be a bit of a hand wave, assuming that's your concern of course. If your concern is space for all the gods, the borders as they are now can be moved if and when it should be necessary.

Binsetsu
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Drogyn on Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:57 am

I understand the population argument you're making, and it does kinda make sense. I don't wanna fight about this, so I'll concede that much. But as area of influence, how? You could look straight to the horizon on a day of perfect visibility from the top of a mountain, and what you saw wouldn't even be a quarter of a single square. How are gods just randomly claiming continent sized sections of land for themselves? As opposed to what they can actually see and intereact with without spending a lot of time traveling. I just can't help but feel that people don't really understand the enormous scale of this map, which is 14,000 miles across.

Drogyn
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ZacharyTC on Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:30 am

That is a problem, now that you mentioned it, Drogyn.

ZacharyTC
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Binsetsu on Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:48 am

That is a good point and for the Area of Influence how to, I have no decent answer that'd be either satisfying or remotely sensible. The one hand wave I could make is that each 'area of influence' is possibly mostly dominated by a single society/civilization and as such, possibly has multiple 'countries' in them consisting of mostly the species indigenous to that civilization. I can certainly see (but am not saying it is so) the Sacricans having a different country for each island there. I know the Colonel's civilization was comprised of multiple city states at least. Though that does nothing to explain exactly how a god just stakes his flag in the ground and goes: "This land is mine, I gave this land to myself!" and then gains dominion over a continent.

But yeah, very good point there, I'm definitely going to try and find a satisfying answer to explain that. :)

Binsetsu
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ZacharyTC on Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:04 pm

I guess that would work, Binsetsu, to a degree. The Order is one nation, yet the different Abbeys across New Sacrira do kind of act like their own nations, aside from what the Circle of Abbots decides for the Order as a whole. You could say the Sacriran Order is federal, by nature, sharing power between state and local governments (state meaning central, in this case, local being the different areas within the nation).

EDIT: How fast would supersonic be? Is there a jet or shuttle that was ever that fast, yet, or is it still impossible for a vehicle to have ultrasonic speed in our world? Do you guys think I made the Sacrirans too fast in the air, based on what Drogyn said about the area and distance?

ZacharyTC
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Seveneleven on Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:28 pm

Well before a god wasn't suppose to just stake his claim out right. While many did do that anyway, they were suppose to go before Cragin, and he would mete out lands for habitation. You would ask his permission and he would give you a certain amount of land so you could build a civilization upon. Now that Cragin is gone, we do not have our local real estate agent anymore. So now there is nothing stopping a god from claiming continent sized lands.

I would like to think of the rest of the land I have, will be obtained through conquest. While it doesn't seem practical to have all of that land, I think it would be more sensible to play through IC about having your race reach those lands and take them. Either by being their before anyone else, or through wars. This can determine overall size making it either bigger or smaller. Depending if your conquest was successful or you lost and have to give up some land as a penalty.

So lets say we start off small, a homeland for each race. They grow bigger in population and therefor need to expand. They go on journeys seeking new land to expand their nation, so more people have homes to live in. These can be like colonies, then the main government steps in and cements sovereignty. This can be rather simple as staking a claim, or as difficult as fighting another nation in a war. Wars could really help make borders and thin out populations of every nation if need be. Of course these are just my thoughts and probably doesn't help answer any questions. These are just my two cents.

Seveneleven
Member for 13 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!