Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Pokemon: Breaking the Chains (No Longer Taking Signups)

a topic in Interest Checks, a part of the RPG forum.

Thinking about starting a roleplay, but don't have the idea completely finished? Post it here, not in the main OOC forum!

Pokemon: Breaking the Chains (No Longer Taking Signups)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ClockworkTowers on Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:28 pm

"A prophecy speaks of three heroes who stopped a most sinister plot created by one man, a plot to enslave those friends called Pokemon, and thus restore a Human dominated world to it's original state. The three heroes banded together to stop this man once they found out his schemes. Together with their Pokemon, they beat grunt after grunt, admin after admin, and finally the leader. In the process, they beat all the gyms, and conquered the league. They were true champions of their time...

...this is their story. It's a grand tale of struggles and hardships, but also of bonds and friendships stronger still, but it was important enough that their deeds go remembered to this day..."

This is my latest Roleplay, a story in the Pokemon world that took place years ago. You, the player, will be able to relive every portion of the grand adventure the three heroes did, experiencing the many hardships and bonds they formed and encountered. I'm giving you the chance to fill their shoes.

Now, enough of that backstory...this is a petition of sorts. By posting in this Interest Check, you hereby state your interest, and subsequent participation, in my Roleplay. If I have not filled out a slot for you as one of the heroes or one of the many NPCs, then let me know here as well, and it will be amended.

By posting in this topic and signing on, you also guarantee that you will remain active unless circumstances prevent otherwise. If you cannot continue, let me know ahead of time, and I will make the necessary arrangements. I'll leave it up to you, to decide whether or not you wish to participate in the grand retelling of a story past.
[center]"All artwork and ideas seen in my characters and stories have credit given to their individual creators, whether or not me or another individual is the creator in question."

"Now why not repay a favor and feed my hungry animals for me?"
ImageImage

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

ClockworkTowers
Member for 15 years
Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Party Starter Person of Interest Lifegiver Visual Appeal Tipworthy Property Buyer Group Theory

Re: Pokemon: Breaking the Chains (Interest Check)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LawOfTheLand on Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:32 pm

You know I've got your back with this, BB. Always have, and schedule permitting, always will until there's no more story to be told. Made a character for it and everything. I am the E4 to your Champion.

Let's get this show on the road!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

LawOfTheLand
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years
Beta Tester Promethean Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Builder Donated! Party Starter Contributor Person of Interest Bug Hunter Streamwatcher Maiden Voyager Recruiter Greeter Visual Appeal Tipworthy Property Buyer Salesman Concierge Arc Warden Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby 'MericanPie on Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:43 pm

Hey, this sounds like an awesome idea! I'd love to play. I'm not sure what character I want to play yet, but I'll figure it out!
"Start a fire for a man and he is warm for a night. Light a man on fire, and he is warm for the rest of his life."

'MericanPie
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Discipline on Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:56 pm

Madonne, Water-type gym leader! Specifically, G4.

Discipline
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Patcharoo on Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:57 pm

Of course I'm in, and I'll be seeing everyone else very shortly.

I'll be your first Gym Leader.
Circ wrote:When I first joined RolePlayGateway, it was a place where positive conflict fostered creativity and friendships were formed rather than cliques. Honesty and transparency were valued, new people were incorporated into the community rather than judged based on what style of writing they preferred, and despite the youthfulness and zeal of the population there prevailed a reasonable degree of common sense.

Patcharoo
Legend
Legend
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Donated! Millionaire Arc Warden Beta Tester Contributor Group Theory Person of Interest Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Music on Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:10 pm

I've got your back with your local G6, Sam "The Scythe" Midori! ...Yeah, he's nowhere near finished. But... soon, friends. Soon.

Music
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby OxiriusZoom on Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:22 am

I'm in! Participating even!

I've always wanted a pokemon rp like this one. I would just be a challenger, or you know the basic Trainer that travels the region, defeating gym leaders and the E4!

OxiriusZoom
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby zewei on Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:13 pm

I'm interested, I'm very interested, but i'm afraid that i'm not as gramatically and story awesome as you are, BB, and defenately not on QB's level.

I'll join, perhaps as a support role, or a main, or anything :P

But yes, i'll be serious about it.
Injuries of the heart is the hardest to heal, for it actually takes time and will to embrace the pain, and be affected by it.

zewei
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Arc Warden Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LawOfTheLand on Sat Dec 18, 2010 1:48 pm

Well, that was unexpected. Perhaps our combined awesomeness broke the site.

With BB's approval, I'm going to extend the sign-up period by another day so more people see this. (Also, bump.)

Edit: Apparently the extension's not going to happen. Get your teams in by tomorrow, or we're starting without you!

LawOfTheLand
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years
Beta Tester Promethean Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Builder Donated! Party Starter Contributor Person of Interest Bug Hunter Streamwatcher Maiden Voyager Recruiter Greeter Visual Appeal Tipworthy Property Buyer Salesman Concierge Arc Warden Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NumberXero on Sat Dec 18, 2010 3:58 pm

For those who want to see anyway! G7- Ashidato Takahasi
- Xero the prodigy.
Bás Saoire

NumberXero
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ClockworkTowers on Sat Dec 18, 2010 4:38 pm

This list is preliminary, but likely final. It will be posted once more (with revision if any are made) in the OOC for this Roleplay once it is up. The complete Pokedex for my Roleplay. If a Pokemon isn't listed here, it will not be obtainable. For more info on any of these Pokemon, or where they can be found, send me a Private Message.\

Edit: The list was update concerning a few inaccuracies that I was only recently notified upon a couple of you joining. I shall post a finished list in the Roleplay's OOC once it is up, as then, it is final.
Last edited by ClockworkTowers on Mon Dec 20, 2010 2:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.

ClockworkTowers
Member for 15 years
Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Party Starter Person of Interest Lifegiver Visual Appeal Tipworthy Property Buyer Group Theory

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby JewelGlutton on Sat Dec 18, 2010 5:38 pm

Shweet. (LOLFrancisreference.) Anyways, I'm curious, do they have those Pokemon Contests where they show off moves still? If so, I wanna make a hyper coordinator with a Ratls, Skitty, Budew, and Piplup. :)

If not, I want a spot with the bad guys! A demented dude with some sort of multiple personality would be cool.

Either way, I want a spot in this. Final Fantasy RPing is still cool to me... but it makes my head hurt now. So, I'm going to RP in a labeled, Kid's Game, for a while.

Oh! The main hero's rival would be cool too.

JewelGlutton
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Patcharoo on Sat Dec 18, 2010 11:10 pm

Patcharoo
Legend
Legend
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Donated! Millionaire Arc Warden Beta Tester Contributor Group Theory Person of Interest Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby zewei on Sun Dec 19, 2010 9:43 am

That... that is a really complex list to look at (numerically pokedex speaking)

But you got to be kidding me. Why aren't pidgeys in the list :( I want a pidgey.
I know most of the 2nd generation by heart, some of the third & forth generation, none of the fifth generation, but i can always look at an online pokedex.

also, why are the legendary dogs listed, but not the legendary birds?

zewei
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Arc Warden Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby OxiriusZoom on Sun Dec 19, 2010 9:56 am

um... when qb said to submit a team, did this also include people who are not Gym Leaders/E4/Champion?

If so, I did plan a team, but I wanna know if I have to post it...

OxiriusZoom
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lobos on Sun Dec 19, 2010 2:38 pm

Heard you were looking for a Poison-type user for the Elite Four. Mind if I throw Devon up to snag it?

QB said that the last guy who was filling it dropped out, so I figured I'd put a character in the running, since I'm back from bootcamp and all that jazz.
Serenade the moon, and let loose your howl.

Lobos
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Arc Warden Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Shpleem on Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:14 pm

QB suggested my character Michael Vance as a possible E4 member, he uses Physic/Ghost/Dark. I can make a modified version of him if I need to, send me a PM please with your thoughts.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic"~Arthur C Clarke. Wise words from a wise man.

Shpleem
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LawOfTheLand on Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:21 pm

Here's the nitty-gritty of it all: We didn't have a Ghost leader planned, but we do have a Psychic Elite Four slot and a Dark Gym Leader slot (though the lineup for the latter has been fixed).

As per the rules, you are allowed to indulge in one monster outside of your specialty (examples abound: Lorelei's Slowbro, Bruno's Onix), so Sableye can fit perfectly well on a Psychic team. The rules for the Psychic Elite Four member:

-5 monsters in the battle lineup. You cannot have two of the same monster, and all monsters used are required to have a Base Stat Total (BST) of under 600, so no Metagross.
-Level range is 50 through 52 inclusive.
-One wild card outside Psychic-type is permitted, but not required.
-Dream World abilities are allowed for your monsters.
-You only need which monsters you use in official battles in your character sheet. We expect you to keep their move lists, held items, etc. to yourself.
-About hold items: Anything is allowed, except for Choice items (Band, Specs, or Scarf).

Look up pokemondb.net if you need more information. (fifth generation monsters are go)

LawOfTheLand
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Music on Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:34 pm

My character is entirely finished, except for minor details that won't matter to anyone except me. Ignore the old link.
Samuel Midori, Gym Leader No. 6.

Music
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Shpleem on Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:46 pm

Thanks QB, I will start work on my modified version for use in this RP, I'm going to leave the Multiverse Vance as is.

Shpleem
Member for 14 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!