Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Pokemon: A Slice of Life

a part of “Pokemon: A Slice of Life”, a fictional universe by Vix.

The quests here are the ones that you make. With approval from the Game Masters, of course. What is your goal here? To lead your life in the world of Pokemon.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Pokemon: A Slice of Life”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vix on Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:30 am

This is the auto-generated OOC topic for the roleplay "Pokemon: A Slice of Life"

You may edit this first post as you see fit.
◎!Check it out!◎
◎My Interest Check◎
“All I'm writing is just what I feel, that's all. I just keep it almost naked. And probably the words are so bland.”
― Jimi Hendrix

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Vix
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Party Starter Person of Interest Lifegiver Greeter

Re: Pokemon: A Slice of Life

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ageha on Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:50 am

This seems rather interesting. I think I might join in, but here's a little suggestion. Why don't you add Pokemon Contest related classes? Also how many characters do you intend to have in this RP?
Don't say that you can't do it, if you haven't tried.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Ageha
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Michaelis_xXx_Elly on Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:17 am

As Ageha has suggested I was wondering about the same. This seems like a very interesting RP though and i'd love to join! I don't have time to read everything yet since i'm in class but once i'm out I will be sure to read everything!
#Find out who Exo is immediately

Michaelis_xXx_Elly
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Party Starter Person of Interest Visual Appeal Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby PulseTrick on Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:29 am

I played this tabletop along with SylphofSpace, I'll ping him to and let him know it's up

I'm gonna be a Fighter!
Once more, with rhythm!

PulseTrick
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BlackIceRocker on Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:30 am

I haven't been in a good Pokemon RP in a long time, and I was hoping that I would be able to get in on one before it spiraled out of control! This seems interesting enough; however, I have a few questions about characters...

>How experienced should they be or how experienced do you want them to be? I mean, if we as players all start off with seven-eight badges and ULTIMATE POWAH!!!!1!1!1!, then it's not going to be very fun or very developmental character-wise...

>What generations of Pokemon are you allowing? Only First-Gen or anything further than that? Do you have any restrictions on what rarities of Pokemon you allow a trainer to have so not everyone has a team of semi-legendaries?

>Are players only allowed to have a character from Kanto, or can they come from other regions (Hoenn, Sinnoh, Unova) for whatever reason?

>I have been, in the past, in RPs with different rules on Pokemon communication... Do they talk as humans do, or do they stick to the anime "I-SAY-MY-NAME-AND-MY-NAME-ONLY!!!" rule? What about psychic and ghost types: are they allowed to use telepathy and/or other metaphysical shenaniganry in order to "speak" with their trainers/others outside their species?

I may begin working on a character skeleton later when these questions are answered. Looks like a good beginning, though!

BlackIceRocker
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vix on Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:22 pm

Oh! Questions. Alright, here goes:

@Ageha - I had originally edited the Classification System to fit a RolePlay I ran previously to accommodate trainers that were all battle-focused. I'm going to be doing many, many updates within the next two weeks! And, think of this as The Multiverse. But only set in the Pokemon Universe, lol. There's no limit to the amount of characters. There's no set story line, so the RolePlay isn't really focusing on one character or one group of characters. Though players are limited to how many characters they are allowed to create only by how many they can handle while still making sure to pay each one equal attention.

@Michaelis - I look forward to hearing from you later on; we're always open!

@Pulse - Good to have you around! Bring all the friends you want!

@Black - Well, I think somewhere I stated that you may request the position of a Major Influence such as an Elite Four, Champion, etc, though for every two veteran trainers you create, you have to create a newbie. Plus, this RolePlay does not focus solely on becoming the number one trainer as far as battling is concerned because the Pokemon world isn't all about battling. But for those who are in it for the Pokemon League Challenge, I prefer that for every two veterans created, a newbie be created as well. I'm not going to force everyone to start out in starter towns with one lvl 3 Pokemon and then force them to ask for every time they want their Pokemon to learn a new move or evolve. I expect the players that I accept into this RolePlay to use common sense and write in a way that is beneficial to the story rather than glorifying their characters.

Generations 1-5. I'm not a huge fan of Pokemon X and Y >_>;; They're kinda just pushing it with that, lol. Like they were pushing it with Trubbish XD. I am still in the process of adding on Places, Factions, and Regional Major Influences.

To address the question of Pseudo-Legendaries and Legendaries: There are requirements for having them.

1 - To own a Pseudo-Legendary, the character must have obtained it at its lowest form of evolution and trained it whether they do it through the story or give a history in their Character Sheet. Its pretty rare to walk across a herd/flock/nest/etc of any P.L., much less to find just a lone one. But their lowest evolution forms aren't too hard to find as long as you're looking in the right places.
2 - To own a Legendary, the character must be a Major Influence and have GM approval. And I cannot stress enough that Legendary Pokemon does not equal ultimate power. Please also keep in mind that quite a many of the Legendary Pokemon are extremely particular about who they even present themselves to - So you can't be a Team Rocket Executive in possession of a Ho-Oh, ya know? I'll be making a list of which Pokemon are available to be owned and which ones are off limits and which ones are open for tracking/capture. I don't want it to start off with every Legendary captured, as to capture one is the hopes and dreams of many a young trainer and making them unattainable just isn't fun. So, starting off with a Legendary will be something that only veteran trainers will be allowed and will have to be requested, of course.

Hope that answers everyone ^^

Vix
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Party Starter Person of Interest Lifegiver Greeter

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ageha on Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:48 pm

Unlimited amount of players and no set storyline. I'll pass after all, this will turn into big mess otherwise. I think I'll just make my own pokemon roleplay.

Ageha
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vix on Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:34 pm

Well, The Multiverse is going quite well from what I've seen. But to each his own opinion. Good luck with your RolePlay.

Vix
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vix on Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:16 am

Ehehe. Caught up in Tim Burton films at 2am. Still working on everything! Its coming together quite well ^^

Vix
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ageha on Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:16 am

Yeah, the overall multiverse is good because there nobody really pays attention to anyone else, it's more like solo maybe duo roleplay at most.

Pokemon kind of doesn't go under the category where it can be so random. It needs some explanation and rules. And apparently you're not so lucky with your multiverse counting that none of your roleplays has stayed active.

Ageha
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vix on Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:40 am

Ageha wrote:Pokemon kind of doesn't go under the category where it can be so random. It needs some explanation and rules. And apparently you're not so lucky with your multiverse counting that none of your roleplays has stayed active.

Not exactly just sitting here and twiddling my thumbs and staring at screen. One person working alone can only do so much.

Also - Feel better now that you got that jab out of your system? Or do you need another?

Vix
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Igari on Thu Mar 28, 2013 4:07 am

Forgive this if it's a bit forwards of me, Fox.

I think you are out of line to say that, Ageha. I think this is a wonderful setting--especially for someone like me who wishes to learn about pokémon beyond what she knows within generation one/two. Having loose rules allows us to be creative about starting points and setting our own goals. I trust this system enough to invest in it and I don't join pointless roleplays. It is a lot of work to set up something this expansive, especially considering we are dealing with five separate regions. You should not be so hasty to assume, since I am certain Fox has things planned for all of us. I think we are all experienced enough to know that there will be some sort of storyline, setting, and plot-line--it is the versatile nature of rules that allows us each to contribute in manners that we feel comfortable. Speaking of, Fox! Icy told me that he was going to offer assistance if you needed it since he is very knowledgeable about pokémon. This is a big project so kudos for taking it on.

I look forward to starting~ I am just about to submit in my character for you to look over! She took very long but I am very pleased with the result. It is just her name that is missing, sneaky sneaky. I'll just need to PM you a few details regarding the second starter pokémon, if that's alright--it won't be something she'll have as soon as the roleplay starts up so that is why I did not include it in her profile.
I fell into that purgatory between waking and dreaming, the transient space existing between conscious and subconscious. It was beautiful... ephemeral. And I could not help but wish to stay forever.

Igari
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ageha on Thu Mar 28, 2013 4:50 am

Maybe, I'm wrong, if Fox has some plot in mind to make things more interesting, then surely this roleplay would turn out great, since everything is worked out pretty nicely. But so far it seems that everyone can go around being crazy.

Also reason why I don't like multiverses is because they're just very messy. If over 20 people post then it's almost impossible to understand what each one is doing and where is going especially if there are some detailed posters that go over 500 words a post. Well, maybe that's just me.

Anyway, good luck with your roleplay. I'll be looking forward to seeing what is going to turn out of it.

Ageha
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vix on Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:21 am

Of course there will be various plots along the way - Between Crime Syndicates, Contests, League Challenges, Pokemon League Conferences, Legendary Stories, etc. There will be things in the story to keep everyone entertained and room to develop the characters both human and Pokemon alike.

Also, Igari - I absolutely love her! She's so cute! And the whole thing itself is so very detailed and has a lot of thought put into it. Brava, dear! And I appreciate the help from Icy - I look forward to working with him.

Vix
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Igari on Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:26 pm

Hooray! I am so glad she was alright. She took many hours and this particular CS was more detailed than I am generally accustomed. Still, it looks wonderful when it's all completed and I think you actually did very well with the coding/formatting.

I really look forward to what's in store *^* I can't wait to see what pokémon everyone is going to bring to the table! Also, Fox, I didn't mention it in the PM but tepig is quite adorable. Hnnn. With that cute little face~

Igari
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby WingedOctopus on Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:30 pm

Hiya, I just sent in a sheet. C: It's sort of minimalistic, but I'll add more detail as I go along. Just wanted to give a heads up. *waves hand*

WingedOctopus
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Igari on Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:35 pm

Oh~ I did want to let you know, Fox--I changed her age from *sixteen to *seventeen (which is bordering on eighteen) since I thought it may be more appropriate for her to be bordering on the cusps of adulthood rather than just nearly there but not quite. :3

And hooray, new roleplay member~ //steals said hand with an Igarian cackle

Igari
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BlackIceRocker on Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:16 pm

So I submitted my character for approval. If you've got any questions about J. T., Fox, feel free to shoot me a PM!

BlackIceRocker
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vix on Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:02 pm

Alright - I've accepted you guys' characters so feel free to take a look at each others'. I'm about to start working on Oliver: Ten year old from Striaton who is about to start the greatest adventure of his life! :D

Vix
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BlackIceRocker on Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:01 pm

Well, I thought I'd make this little announcement for everyone that's playing or wishes to play.

Little Fox has now made me a co-GM for this RP, so feel free to PM me with any questions you may have about Pokemon in general. I have been playing the games ever since they've come out in 1995/6, keeping up with all of the generations, and I have battled quasi-competitively for the past six or so years. I will do my best to answer any queries you may have about the Pokemon universe; however, if you have any RP-specific questions, please direct them toward Little Fox, as she will be able to answer them more effectively than I.

Hope to see this RP take off! I can't wait to see your characters!

BlackIceRocker
Member for 11 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!