Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Pooka Pooka (Supposedly Undiscovered Planet)

a topic in The Multiverse (Persistent World), a part of the RPG forum.

Where legends collide, warriors rise and titans fall. This is the general in character world, where your creations can rise to fame driven only by your imagination - this is the persistent world in which all characters exist. This whole forum is one big roleplay, with no specific rules or guidelines. If you want to create a roleplay in a single thread, this probably isn't where it needs to be.

Remember - this whole forum is one persistent world - your characters are free to move from topic to topic here with no restrictions.

Pooka Pooka (Supposedly Undiscovered Planet)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sonata on Tue Aug 11, 2009 1:56 pm

Pooka Pooka

Plant Name: Pooka Pooka
Moons: Blazar, Kilowit, and Huit
Sun: The Nord

Artwork by ~Roko-Epsilon from Deviant Art. I felt they were a good example of what the Meebits look like. Except you can't see their eyes.

Unknown Record

The ihabitants of Pooka Pooka are Meebits. They are an interesting species. To state their description simply, they are a race of puffballs, varying in color. The colors of the Meebits portray gender, such as: pink, purple, red, and orange, which are usually the colors of females, while black, white, blue, green, and yellow are males. The Meebits speak Meebit, a language yet to be deciphered but is comprised of long and short tones of the word Meebit. I have become quite fascinated with the creatures here. They are a universal wonder being the only race in existence that co-exists in pure peace.

[Missing Excerpt]

Visits to Pooka Pooka have always been accidents. Upon approaching the planet, the orbits between the three moons have a dense gravitational field described as the Steel Fence. The fence is a ring that surrounds the planet on whatever angle it’s on. First timers to Pooka Pooka are usually unaware of this strange phenomenon and have their ship either destroyed or torn to pieces on contact with the field. On my visit, the Meebits were kind enough to share their hospitality, giving me food and shelter until I was able to get in contact with extraction. Their diet consists entirely of the fruits and vegetables birthed by the vast vegetation that engulfs their planet. I have personally taken walks through these jungles and have discovered that the plants carry a form of intelligence. They protect the Meebits from the carnivores that often venture the woods. The dangers of this planet are quite unknown to me, and I am afraid I won’t be residing here long enough to record them. The Meebit village is only a portion of this planet that I have discovered, and I feel that there is much more.

[Missing Excerpt]

The Meebits live in the trees, and often times on the ground as well. The plants give the Meebits shelter, and by collecting seeds from the forest, they are able to grow the plants they truly desire. For example, at night, there are the bioluminescent species that they use to bring beautiful light to their village. Night time frequents every six hours, and remains for six hours. When one of the moons blocks the rays of the Nord, there is a beautiful eclipse that lasts for six hours.

Missing Excerpt #3

I have been observing the Nord, and it is unlike anything that I have ever seen. It is a far more advanced formation of astrology unlike that of a star. When gazing through a telescope, the surface of the Nord is smooth like Mendel peas. It is two times larger than that of the sun that exists in the Earth galaxy, which allows its light to reach the other surrounding planets and moons. For this reason, though I have only visited Pooka Pooka, when I asked the Meebits about the possibility of there being plant-life like the vegetation of Pooka Pooka on other planets, they called the plant-life De’Shaw, an entity I once thought to be a god. That was until I met it...

A common custom of the Meebit race is trading food and seeds. I don’t believe they have ever seen meat before, and I warn that visitors should never carry meat of any kind when visiting the Meebit colony. They find it very offensive…

End of Record.
Last edited by Sonata on Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ImageI am an American Soldier.

The Maker of Epic Role Plays
The Chef Ramsay of RP

Role Play Consultant -If you need help with anything role play-related or concerning your writing ability, drop me a line.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Sonata
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Re: Pooka Pooka (Supposedly Undiscovered Planet)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ryand-Smith on Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:42 pm

Long Term Exploration Vessel, Megaroad Type 20, “Go West”

Sir, we appear to have found a planet,” an AI said to the ship’s com officer. “How unusual is this…” the younger officer simply put the report into the hands of the captain, a physical Avatar for the mostly AI dominated ship. They were searching for colony worlds to drop the organic cargo on, and this one seemed good enough. “Shall we attempt to land there?” the officers asked, as through a networked consensus agreement, they all said.

“We shall.”

With that, the ship launched its remote X-9 drones, and unmanned VF-25 types, heading to investigate the odd planetary system. The asteroids were not a fun way to enter from Fold, as the fighters struggled to deal with the massive rocks. This would be sent to home first, as the craft all found a small spot, a gravity neutral point, to stay in, before thinking of what they would do next. The VF-25 and its Partner unit headed to the world, the cargo inside prepared to talk with any natives…

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Ryand-Smith
Member for 18 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kronos on Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:46 pm

…gravity field detected… disengaging transit systems… scanning local system… type-I planet located… disengaging cold sleep systems… primary function is now exploration… “good morning P1-9393NJS293-KDN”…

The Alexander dropped into realspace three-million kilometers from the Trantorian vessel. The Gaddis system lit up with exotic radiation as the exploratory vessel's fearsome superluminal sensors cased the area; the Trantorians were sure to detect that instantly.

It took mere seconds for the vessel to realign itself with the TGNS (Technocratic Galactic Navigation System). A flood of information, mainly concerning gravitic attraction, passed through the Trident-M mentality; the intelligence quickly combined the results of immediate post-exit scans with this, and it assembled a data-pack for its rapidly awakening crew.

The detection of a Trantorian vessel changed things. Hard-coded reactions acted inside the mentality, engaging a series of defensive systems. Wartime commands were still locked away, but paranoid defense commands were fully active. It engaged the Alexander's weaponry - primarily point-defense and anti-meteor weaponry across the five-kilometer long ship's sides - and hailed the Go West.

“Hello Trantorian vessel. We come here in peace. This is a peaceful exploratory ship, but we are able to defend ourselves.”

“Trident, disengage weapons systems.” The Captain's gruff voice cut across the echoing playback of the hail. The crew was already awakening from cold sleep, and the Captain was forceful as always.

“Yes, sir,” replied the mentality, disengaging weapons systems and targeting sensors.

“Shall I hail the Trantorian vessel?” quizzed the mentality.

“Yes, ask them to update status,” replied the Captain, lounging back into his cushy swivel chair. The bridge may have been cramped and claustrophobic and dimly lit, but one good thing always stayed the same.

“Update status on planet, please?” hailed the mentality to the Trantorian vessel.

Kronos
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Conquerer_Man on Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:03 pm

Dictating Quantum Fields...
Engaging Jump Drive...
Jump Successfull...
Sensor scan initiated.... Scan Completed...
Trantor and Technocratic forces detected...
Engageing Micro-Jump

Two ten kilometer long Automatis Patronus ships appeared in a briliant explosion that signaled a Quantum Jump. They engaged a small jump, putting them selves in the midst of the other ships.

A transmission line was opened up to both forces.

Please state your buisness here...
The Automatis Patronus has laid claim to this world...
Practioner of the Free Market

Sometimes, all you'll ever going to find is a spoon.

"Nationalism is the destroyer of nations; patriotism the preserver"

Conquerer_Man
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Person of Interest Lifegiver Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sonata on Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:12 pm

Within the bowels of the rich jungle, one would notice in the distance small orbs of motley array, moving about giant trees. As a visitor would draw closer, their ears would be filled with what one might have thought were numerous beeping noises as they would gaze upon what would appear to be a city of cotton balls rolling a huge piece of corn to the center of their metropolis. The fuzz balls were lined in a file that circled around the corn in the city center, waiting patiently for their breather n to get it within the ring of stones. The corn had spurred mass conversation amongst the people as Meebits hopped and beeped at each other ecstatically.

When the corn was in the center, the row of Meebits that had been pushing the vegetable began tearing juicy kernels from the cob and passing it to the first Meebit in the file, who then passed it amongst the others. From one mouth to the other, the cotton balls passed the golden lumps until every Meebit had a piece. The Meebits then with their kernels fled into their underground dens or skyward hollows, storing the food away. The process continued until the husk was bare, and then disposing of it became the next job.

Sonata
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kronos on Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:25 pm

The message was simple – sent by a mentality acting on experience, nonetheless – and said:

“Automatis Patronus vessels please cease and desist. Technocratic law dictates that Trantor has exclusive domain to this planet and any attempt to invade or claim will be considered an act of war upon them. We will not intervene unless attacked, however. You have been warned.”

The Alexander engaged its full complement of weaponry – massive dorsal particle cannon emplacements, dozens of anti-meteor missile emplacements placed along its port and starboard sides, and point-defense systems capable of frying incoming munitions. Three layers of defensive screens activated; they could shrug off kinetic weapons, disperse particle weapons, and absorb energy weapons, funneling it back to the shielding systems themselves. The Alexander's superstructure was pitifully unarmored, resembling in one man's words, a “gigantic catfish skeleton with metal guts.”

At eight-hundred thousand kilometers away from the two flanking vessels the Alexander would have the obvious upper hand in combat.

Kronos
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AzricanRepublic on Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:59 pm

CNS Wanderer

Spears held the MR-17 between two gloved hands, and leveled the barrel forward into the back of the Captains skull. The Azrican Officer grunted lightly as he felt the cold barrel brace against his skin, his hands erect in the air beside his head as Spears glanced back to another Operative. The Counter Balance Operative watched the remaining Bridge Crew with sleek eyes, a cumbersome CAR-49 with a hacked away barrel slung underneath his forearm; several sighs and groans escaped the Bridge Crew, and the Operative snapped into attention as he withered his fingers around the grip of the CAR-49.
"Alright, Captain O'Donnel, this is a pretty nice ship ya' got here. Y'know that?" Spears returned, as he leaned forward and typed in a string of keys along the Command Prompt. A line of coding rolled across the farthest screen of the dull Bridge, and in a split second a bright holomap had been rendered of the area. Spears looked over the display with intent eyes, the map rendering breaking out with static every few seconds as the Coalition Sigma-Cruiser exited it's Slipstream Jump uneventfully.
"What the ... fuck." Spears grunted angrily, pushing several keys against the Command Prompt as a wave of holographic windows sprang from the small holotank next to the Captains seat. Technocratic vessels, what appeared to be a Trantorian Exploration vessel, and an unknown ET ship were in orbit around a planet nearby.
"Captain, please tell me you knew of this." Spears sighed, taking a single step back while striking several keys. An wavelength monitor sprang to life against the screen as he stepped back, a small winking red light appear as Spears hauled the Captain to his feet. The message flipped and the screen displayed the tall, armored figure that was Spears as he pulled the Captain against his armored chest; the barrel of the MR-17 leveled directly into the Captains chin. Spears began his message with a wide grin.
"I am Jack Spears ... " He began, the barrel of the MR-17 falling away from the Captain lightly, revealing the armor he wore as he moved the Captain to the side. The jet black finish of the protective vest glinting in the low light of the Bridge.
"I, and a group of Scatteran mercenaries, have hijacked this Sigma-Cruiser, and have apprehended all of the Coalition crew." He managed, pushing the Captain forward.
"This, is Captain O'Donnel." The Captain coughed lightly as Spears held him across the chest. "I'll say this to all those ships out there. You stay the fuck away or I'll tear your heart out myself, understand?" He scowled in anger as the MR-17 went off, a bullet smashing through Captain O'Donnels chin and creating a thick spray of blood as the body dropped from the view of the camera, landing with a loud thud against the floor as Spears pointed toward the camera.
"I control this ship, now." He barked as the video feed was cut off, the ship-board AI, which had been bypassed and repossessed earlier by the hijackers, neatly packaged the video and audio feeds and sent the messages on a broad scale transmission to the nearby vessels. Of course, the Wanderer had exited Slipstream far from the well of the planet, the nearest vessel being what appeared to be a Technocratic Expeditionary Ship. Which was a long shot away at that.
The CNS Wanderer had exited it's Slipstream Jump, which would easily alert any within the solar system of it's entrance. While the Sigma-Cruiser was definitely an intimidating vessel to face down, it appeared somewhat out-classed by it's larger Expeditionary counterparts. However, the Wanderer was prepared for war, and could easily wage it. With a full-scale scan of the Sigma-Cruiser, it could be divulged that the Weapons Systems were running at around 92 percent of maximum efficiency, and the Wanderer was a hot-bed of activity at that.

Onboard the Wanderer
"Alright, Marines ... that's enough." The voice boomed loudly, the group of disgruntled Marines lowering their Combat Blades and knives at the howling voice. The sleek figure stepped forward, adorning the stereotypical jet-black armor and garb of the hijackers that had assaulted the ship before it had time to jump into Slipstream. The rag tag squad of Marines were pulled into a tight half-circle as they were surrounded by the armed pirates, who were exceptionally well armed and trained. Several Marines that had resisted had been shot seconds prior, their bodies left near the door as the fight was taken back into the barracks.
"Calm down, Azriks." The voice continued as several pirates stepped to the side to allow the figure passage. A cigar was held tightly between the mans white lips as the smoke brushed against his brassed skin.
"You guys won't be needin' nona' that any longer, Marines." He stopped, a glove-clad hand pulling the cigar from his mouth and letting a stream of smoke escape.
"Y'all are workin' for me now, understand?" He grinned widely, the four Marines looking amongst themselves before one stepped forward.
"Whaddya' mean 'working for you'?" The Marine grunted lowly, leveling his blade into his hand as the man cackled loudly.
"I mean you shut yer' trap 'nd listen tah' me, or you get a bullet in your belly. Boy." He leaned forward to the Marine and growled. The Marine met his stare with intense hatred.
"I don't like it ... but I don't think we have a choice." He returned, his voice seeded deep with disgust and spite.

AzricanRepublic
Ambassador
Ambassador
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver Tipworthy Visual Appeal Group Theory Person of Interest Salesman

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ryand-Smith on Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:23 am

The Trantor vessel responded, “Hello Red Tehnocaracy. We are the Trantor Vessel Go West. We were looking for a new world to place colonists on, and as such, we were about to make a claim. The planet s mostly unknown, but the asteroid belt is a large concern for landing. We were the first vessel to jump, and we wanted to make a claim here. The planet’s status is odd, it appears some sort of primitive race has a basic form of civilization, and our scouts are investigating to see if they are close to space flight. It appears not, as their cities are somewhat small however.

The Megaroad was long, a mile long, with a massive bulb like city section where the colonists were either in cryosleep or awake, to save energy for the trip ahead. Automated defensive screens were active, but the new ship was a concern. “Well, it could be worse,” an AI remarked to the Consensus Government, as on the ground, the VF-25s and the cargo inside, robotic drones, the largest one humanoid but for a headband marking its type, watched the Meebits.

“It appears the race has discovered a basic form of communalism,” A1-T3 remarked, “How interesting. Proof that communalism is a natural form,” she said, as her partner, A2-T1 laughed slightly, “So, let’s see if the natives will talk to us,” as the VF-25s moved along, hovering while the small tank like drones mapped the forest floor, the units heading to the city region, hoping their Universal Translators would allow them to speak with the Alien Race.

The unknown warship was scanned, and its weapons were quite impressive. However, it wasn’t to be trifled with at the moment. Defending the Colonists was the main priority for the Megaroad.

Ryand-Smith
Member for 18 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sonata on Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:38 pm

The Meebit’s had just finished rolling the corn husk to a nearby plant, when a Meebit screaming a shrill alert caught the creatures’ attention. The corn husk had just been dumped under a dark-green plant with a pea-pod head. A seam split down the pod’s face, and a pink, thread-like tongue separated it. The mouth of the pod opened wide with sticky webs of fluid, plopping to the ground on long strings. The plant’s tongue coiled around the husk and drew it into its mouth where black spines for teeth ground the waste into a benefitting food source.

The yellow Meebit hopped erratically in the city center, continuing to scream as female and young fuzz balls alike, fled swiftly for their hollows in the trees and dens in the dirt. The males remained in the city center, gathering in what looked like a field of cotton candy to interact with the intruders.

Sonata
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kronos on Wed Aug 12, 2009 4:41 pm

"This is a clusterfuck..."

The Alexander rolled starboard, siphoning power to the unfolding alcubierre drive arrays mounted high astern. The shields and weapons of the vessel disengaged. Trident kept the point-defense systems engaged, still suspecting a surprise attack.

"Disperse drone clouds one through six, fire off some telemetry receivers," bellowed the Captain, keying commands into holo-screen keyboards with drilled agility. Swarms of nanoprobes and larger sensor drones and floating transmission stations emerged from along the Alexander's underside, appearing from bulbous drone pods mounted to the vessel's skeletal superstructure.

They soared away from the ship; in due time they would take position around Pooka Pooka, giving the Technocracy a remote image of the planet. Even farther in the future, once nothing more could be gained, they would self-destruct in a massive wave of preprogrammed orbital failure.

"Trident, get us out of here," The Captain said and snapped his fingers for added flare.

Commander Helsviger tenderly bit his lip, repressing a sigh of embarrassment, while his gaze remained fixed on the alcubierre drives' systems console. Everything was working in tip-top condition, surprising for a ship of the Alexander's age - built during the second great age of exploration, refitted with modern systems, held together by metaphorical blood, sweat, tears, and by literal splotches of vacuum tape. The systems consoles, throwbacks to older times, were stained with coffee and smudged fingerprints.

Without turning his head, Helsviger reported, "Everything checks out, sir."

As if on a cue, Trident's monotonous voice rang across the bridge, "Proceeding."

The Alexander's superstructure thrummed to life with vibrating energy; from the exterior, the alcubierre drives glowed fluorescent blue. Both the Captain the and Helsviger braced themselves for the uneasy transition to fold-space, pressing their groggy bodies into their seating's impact padding. The Gee-forces soon dissipated as the vessel entered fold-space, allowing the crew to resume their normal work.

The elongated, glimmering pinpoints of stars zoomed by the bridge windows, and as the Alexander continued to accelerate, stretched to bars of light resembling the bars of fluorescent office lighting. This held no interest for the crew; the Alexander's complement gave one uneasy glance at the stars, shrugged, and climbed back into their cold sleep chambers.

Kronos
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ryand-Smith on Thu Aug 13, 2009 12:41 am

Now the VF-25s and their pilots scanned the males, the advanced sensors finding the gender of the small species. After running many simulations with the advanced AI computers, the woman asked the species, "Hello. We are Trantor, we come from the Stars. We are like Guardians from Above, and we wish to talk to your leader." The computer attempted to translate, as the woman went on, "I wish to buy land from you, in exchange, we will defend you from hostile beings, and make your lives better. We do not wish you harm, and we want to be peaceful, together. What does your people think of this?"

The man, however, was scanning for plants and animals, as he cataloged the various native fauna, scanning for anything that could be processed into resources, or sold on the intergalactic market for profit. After all, his fee was "Anything extra after the land for the colony was secure," as the Colonization charter went. This encouraged adventure and discovery, though some in the Ethics foundation said it lead to abuse and unnecessary use of terraforming technologies.

Ryand-Smith
Member for 18 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sonata on Thu Aug 13, 2009 2:14 am

Hello. We are Trantor, we come from the Stars. We are like Guardians from Above, and we wish to talk to your leader…I wish to buy land from you, in exchange, we will defend you from hostile beings, and make your lives better. We do not wish you harm, and we want to be peaceful, together. What does your people think of this?

The Meebits’ pelts began to tremble not out of fear, but a form of excitement. “Meeebit!” one Meebit exclaimed, having become fascinated though it was hard to decipher emotions on their fur-covered faces. The soft hiss of the mob of fuzz balls shaking their fur was like the sound of wind combing through the foliage. The universal translator would translate as one of the black Meebits spoke, “Long legs know Meebit?”

A white Meebit then shuffled forward to answer, “Long legs no harm Meebits?”

“Meebits like peace. Meebits safe. No danger for Meebits,” said a blue Meebit; and the furballs seemed to face each and nod with agreement.

“Green food protect and feed Meebits. De’Shaw protect Meebits and home. De’Shaw here and far.”

“De’Shaw~” the Meebits chorused almost like a spiritual hymn.

“Only Meebits here. Danger. Bad smell. Bad smell, bad. Green food and Meebits no like.”

The white Meebit looked at the other two Meebits and they shuffled back to the pom-pom gaggle. The Meebits didn’t quite understand the commercial requests of their visitors. They had a form of barter amongst each other in the form of food and other useful seed.
From the back of the mob, a yellow Meebit scurried forward to bloom before the visitors. He then began to set down in a line at their feet different seeds. The first seed was a dark and shiny asparagus seed about the size of one’s palm; the second was a light-brown and roughly-wrinkled apricot seed, a little larger than the first; the third was an odd bulb wrapped in vines with many thin roots branching off it; and the fourth a long, sun flower-looking seed that was a foot long: a carrot seed. “Food,” was all the yellow Meebit said before backing away like it had just made an offering.

Sonata
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ryand-Smith on Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:21 am

If they wanted unity, they would unify with the component elements in the planet’s surface, as the Trantor 133th fleet started its devastation, while mechs and fighters went to take out any orbital and or lunar faculties. Gunbuster, along with a team of larger robots waited to see if the rounds would hit their mark, which would lead to total and utter devastation.

A1 messaged A2 privately, saying, “It seems De’Shaw is some sort of Meebit God, interesting,” as she then placed several ears of corn down, the kernels large, almost one meter long each, enhanced by genetic technology.

“We know your languages, and we will not harm you. If anything harms the Meebits, we shall save the Meebits. As we are friends,” she said, “I see you have some sort of symbiotic relationship with the plants. Interesting… Its name is…”

“For these Ears, we shall purchase, all the land In the far off valley?” she asked the Meebits, taking the offering, and placing it in a large back bag.

“So, the Meebits, nothing harms the Meebits,” she said, messaging to A2 again, “It seems the Meebits are highly simple, need more time to research..”

Ryand-Smith
Member for 18 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sonata on Thu Aug 13, 2009 2:44 pm

The yellow Meebit hopped over to the ears of corn the AI set down. He scurried a circle around it, making a swift inspection as a few more Meebits approached the corn, beeping amongst themselves. Three Meebits, then took the corn and began rolling it over to the tribe until a green Meebit shuffled forward and began sniffing harshly at the air. “Bad smell!” the green Meebit alerted. The Meebits froze and a great din of audible sniffing filled the air around them. “Bad smell!” they chimed.

The puffballs dispersed, leaving the corn behind and darting into their hollows in the trees and into their dens in the ground. There was the cracking of plant-life and rustling of bushes to the visitor’s right. From behind a large leaf, a man trudged his body pallor and in some areas hinted green. As he staggered further from the obscuring vegetation and into view, large vines were seen coiled about his legs and weaved through his chest and abdomen. Blood was spilling down the vegetation growing from his body, and slowly passing like dark veins through his neck and face. Long roots hung from his back, constantly trying to cling to the earth, but as the man was insistent on moving, they were ripped free from the soil. Clutched in his bleeding right hand was a knife, and his left arm was consumed in a series of roots and buds. His left eye had bloomed into a flower, while his right gazed at the Trantor automatons. Tiny black vines began to slowly reach out from his eyelids in their gradual process in blinding it. The man made a staggering stop to his reluctance, and the roots that littered his body immediately took the opportunity to delve into the earth and drag him to his knees. Gasping hoarsely and coughing up dark blood that could have been morphing into chloroplast, the man put up one last fight, his right hand severing the roots wildly to no avail for because he had stopped, other plants about the area began to seep their roots into him.

The stranger reeked of a horrible odor that was far from the smell of death, and it enticed the plant-life about it. As the man felt himself continue to be dragged further to the ground, tears spilled from his eyes as he began crying bitterly. He was in so much pain and to die in such a way—for anyone to see him die in such a way was upsetting. As his cheek met the earth and his body went flat across the soil, his remains were swiftly absorbed into the ground with plant-life blooming in its place.

Sonata
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ryand-Smith on Thu Aug 13, 2009 4:06 pm

"Trade, I guess this world needs to be terraformed after all," A2 said to A, via private coms, the male android laughing in a private sector. "I guess," A1 said, "But I like the natives, though the dying man may show life is hostile to OUR sort of Organics. More investigation is needed, as he is clearly not from this world.. Orbit, Give me a scan for anything not from this tech level," A1 asked, as in the Gravity Neutral Spot, the forces scanned, searching for the source of the ship.

"No signs of anything, however your report seems to indicate some sort of super-plant life. You are machines so it won't eat you, but if need be, we will drop herbicide and fungicidal chemicals. The atmosphere is good enough, but bombing the world with basic nanoformer would be a bit much. I suggest melting the polar ice caps to kill off most life, then rebuilding it," the Orbital AI signaled, a private radio com between the ground forces and space.

"Ugh... Let's talk more, and get samples," A1 said, as she took a small sample of the plant. "Sending this up via microwave," she said aloud, "Don't worry, the smell is gone," A1 said, "The plants have... eaten it..."

Ryand-Smith
Member for 18 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Conquerer_Man on Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:49 pm

The two AP ships stood down. They dropped two Matter Transmission Relays that connected to the two they dropped just before they entered the system from B34, a system not far away. During the time they lay still, they were communicating with Precursor, the first AI of the AP and leader of the machines.

We have set up relays for the system...
Technocracy opposes our development of this world...
Technocracy/Automatis Patronus relations unknown...
We are requesting new directives...

We recognize no law but our own...
You will proceed as planned...
The Death's Head will join you shortly

The two ships began to power up. Thousands of harvester drones dispersed from the two ships. The drones spread through out the asteroid belt, their bright red beams seen crisscrossing the asteriod belt.

The two large ships, known as the Juggarnaught and the Harbinger, began to drop in altitude, their point-defense harvester beams clearing the way for their desent. As they approached mid-orbit of the planet they released terrain markers over the northern hemosphere. The data sent back from the markers was streamed to A1 where the massive Constructs plodded their way into the Quantum Gates.

In an instant of the Quantum Gate of on A1 activation, several massive explosions occured on the plant Pooka Pooka. As the briliant light of the explosions cleared, the hulls of the Construct walkers could be seen,

The massive walkers stated up, the loud humming of the millions of mechanical parts reverberating through the forests. The many constructing arms of the superstructure hangning from bodies of the walker began to zoom back and forth as they constructed a Harvester walkers to speed up the process of development. On top of the walkers, they began to construct Harvester Deathrays on their four buildpads.

The forset was set with chaos as the indiginous life ran from the massive robots.

Conquerer_Man
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Person of Interest Lifegiver Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ryand-Smith on Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:33 pm

Trantor's VF-25 forces would simply destroy the weak walkers, the fighters armed with heavy weapons, as their massive beam rifles would tear through the harvester, blowing it to shreds. The Deathrays were targeted by multi locking missles, as in space, the V-9 would fire a Jamming Field, disrupting the quantum effect. Several more VF-25s headed down from their neutral spot, preparing to fire their own Reaction weapons at the AI race. To add insult to injury, they attempted to hack into the other AI, broadcasting massive junk data, while the forest burned. Battle had begun, and Trantor would defend the native race.

A1 said to the Meebits. "Hide, we will save you," as she combined with her fighter craft, making the VF-25, a dedicated warmachine, even stronger than the colonization machines. "Barrier Online," A2 said, as he also combined with his machine, his pinpoint barrier producing a powerful energy source on the fighter's fist. It would punch a walker, damaging it severly, as the Trantor ship was alerted to this.

To deal with one ship, a VF-25 fired a massive reaction warhead at point blank range, the weapon hopefully hitting its target, which should damage the ship, causing a chain reaction in its outer armored hull. To be soure, the craft would fire missiles and beam shots, hopefully eating through the ship's armor. The V-9 fighter craft was fast, almost like it could warp, as the tiny fighter fired its own Reaction and Quantum weapons at the other ship. The Megaroad launched more craft as backup, as the massive shell section where the colonists were went down. All hands were at Red Alert.

"Fleet Command here. The nearest battlefleet is a few hours away, but a Macross can be there in... 15 minuets. Hang tight for the support, Megaroad," command said

Ryand-Smith
Member for 18 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Conquerer_Man on Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:15 pm

((OoC: http://commandconquer3.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2137 here is the unit info for the AP. I have a thread here on site that has some of this, but it is not complete.))

As the enemy fire neared the two AP ships, hundreds of point defense "Harvester" beams opened up. The beam shots were absorbed, the missiles massive reaction warhead were vaporized at the sub-atomic level that kept the warheads from detonating. They hack was easly swept away as the massive quantum AI's from both ships processed the data in milliseconds, keeping the data stream of battle uncluttered.

The Juggarnaught and the Harbinger rose from mid-orbit to high orbit. The two ships were able to overpower the smaller ships jamming field by shear power. An energy flux was detected in the Juggarnaught, and an instant later the Megaroad's hull ruptured. The Juggarnaught had "launched" a quantum jumper. A gate inside the Juggarnaught had jumped a solid piece of matter into the Megaroad, and since there was not a gate on the other side, the jump resulted in a multi-megaton explosion inside the ship. That was the benifit of Quantum Jumper as a weapon, nothing could intercept it.

The Constructs sweaped the skys with their Deathrays, disintigrating the fighters as they beam passed over them. Undernieth the massive walkers, each standing a thousand feet tall, quantum gates were being constructed. The harvestes went deeper into the forest, fleeing the fighters.

A massive explosion just out side the asteroid occured, sending shockwaves out that sent the closest band of asteroids streaming away. A new ship appeared, Death's Head. A massive warship meassuring nearly 150 kilometers long, it's flat flowing trianglular shape much like manta-rays of earth.

Conquerer_Man
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ryand-Smith on Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:30 pm

The Quantum weapon was simple, but easily contained, as the standard transporters simply materalized the solid item into space. Gates and other exotic transportation effects were to be expected from a the explosion into the ship's reactor core, giving it a bit of power boost, as the AI sighed. "Thank god for the Transportation system," he said, before firing his own weapon, a massive Wave Motion Cannon, the weapon traveling at C, a counter to the attempted Teleport weapon. Transportation weapons were nothing new, and using tricks to try to destroy the Megaroad was to be expected, as it was a long term Exploration ship. The Beam went towards the massive dreadnaught, hopefully causing damage as the beam's power, rivialing the output of a large fusion network or solar power system, headed towards the ship.

"MACROSS ATTACK!" The captain of the small, 1 mile long Macross Class ship, said, as the ship exited warp, inside the massive fleet ship. It was similar to the enemies quantum weapon, but instead ,it was a massive fleet of angry battle marines, boarding the AI vessel, as they all fired various Reaction Weapons, and other energy weapons from the inside out, causing the vessel to suffer massive damage, as the Macross class ship went to work, its powerful Omnidirectional Barrier active as it went inside the hostile ship
The Deathray would hit the Pin Point Barrier, being neutralized by the energy field, before the fighter craft, taking a serious hit to their EN reserves, would simply fire their own Reaction weapons into the Gate proper, hoping to show whatever was in the gate's other end, that this was their world.

The fleet was on its way, and with it, the massive G project inside, which should help finish the job...

OOC: I Try again

"

Ryand-Smith
Member for 18 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sonata on Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:31 pm

(OOC: This battle is null and void. I wasn't here Thursday or earlier today because I was at the beach. There was a misunderstanding in Ryand's first post when he described the Steel Fence, the barrier around Pooka Pooka to be an asteroid belt. In the description on my first post, nothing was said about the Steel Fence being an asteroid belt. Because Conquerer_Man, you failed to read-up on the planet description and chose to read another player's misconception, when your ships moved into the Steel Fence, the strength of the diverging gravities between the three moons that surround Pooka Pooka would rip your ships to shred. Now, I'll reply soon enough. I am currently writing replies to other Rps I am partaking in.)

Sonata
Member for 17 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!