Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Fulham Bị Cấm Chuyển Nhượng Sau Vụ Bán Sao Trẻ Cho Liverpool » Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

The 33rd Annual Hunger Games!

Possible Plot Directions.

a part of “The 33rd Annual Hunger Games!”, a fictional universe by Haas33.

(Closed, unless you are part of the role-play.)

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “The 33rd Annual Hunger Games!”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Possible Plot Directions.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Haas33 on Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:44 pm

Ok, well this is the OOc thread for plot directions! Yay! Basically, I just want some input, so when the games come we aren't running around madly, trying to make the events go our way, or attempting a plot while another person is attempting something else, etc., etc. So, input please.
Real knowledge
is to know the extent
of one's ignorance.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Haas33
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Re: Possible Plot Directions.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Haas33 on Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:51 pm

Ok, this is sort of the plot I had going. I called non careers "non" just to shorten things up.

During bloodbath, open spots get killed off
Careers take over cornucopia area
Group of nons go off and form a little team.
Some non go off on their own, or in pairs, forming relationships.
Careers track down inactive characters. (I might post a list), killing them off.
Maybe the two groups, non and careers, do a "battle" of sorts. Some get killed (Such as if you have more than one character.)
There could be traitors.
Maybe a couple of the single nons get killed off.
Precious gets killed (I only put this in here because I know that she will be killed)
Any god modders get killed (Mwahahahahahaaaaa)
Maybe somebody could plan a really dramatic death, which might spur events.....
etc....

Another thing is that if you came in late to this role play, you might not know what the arena is like. Please refer to the very first post on the role play

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Haas33
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby coolkat31 on Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:51 pm

I think Precious should get farther than John. It just seems that since she is basically the main antagonist. Marth would probably get pretty far considering his alliance. One thing that would be nice for me is if John and Marth had a race up a cliff that ended with either Marth or John falling to their death. (My guess is it would be John since Marth has been climbing glass buildings since childhod. Though it would add a sense of irony if Marth died like that). CeaserTheSeventh, mentioned earlier that maybe Cassius couldn't swim. I don't know if this is still is in the ball park but if Marth saved him from drowning in one of the inner circles of the arena it would probably be a very good character development point. I could sort of see P.D. being the first of the careers to die. Mainly because of her overly angry mood (that might lead to sloppiness in her for and lead to her death.) I think that The Final battle would probably either be between Precious and Cassius, Marth and Cassius, Precious and Crystal, or Com and Marth. One thing that would be cool is if Com went from being a comic relief to a hard-core Pschopath. He could kill Precious early on messing up the entire villain hierarchy. Some of this stuff has nothing to do with me but I think some of it might be interesting parts.

coolkat31
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lloyd999 on Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:10 pm

coolkat, about Com, I did have a dirrection planned for him, which I wanted to talk to Haas about when I said I wanted to further discuss his score.

Mykeisha is sort of a precious character to me, so I don't want her dying off too easily. She's more emotional (which I'll pick more up on soon) and she doesn't control other people's worlds, but her own. I think Mykeisha is my attempt at writing from a different perspective. I almost always write characters that have only supportive roles that don't become important untill later on, and when they get important, they are important. It's either a supportive likely hero or a supportive backstage villain. And a pattern you'll detect with many of my characters is they have a tendancy to stretch the original intended plot, becoming very abnormal characters compared to the others. Usually they stretch the plot by being totally different than normal characters should be, or by causing their own mini-plot. I've never roleplayed what you'd consider a main protagonist, so Mykeisha is basically one of my attempts of doing so.

Um, oh yeah, as for Com, he does happen to become a plot twisting character, from my idea. Com is as you would consider 'an unlikely character in many ways'. One of those being his luck, and how he barely manages to live, and barely manages to be quite charismatic. Com, though slightly annoying, actually can become pretty convincing and at some point, very helpful, despite what you first learn of him. However, his story is also driven by misunderstandings and picking the worst possible personal choice, which makes him normally incompetent on his own. However, as I said, he is an unlikely character.

I wanted to have Com get an accidentally high score, something higher than he's actually capable of, thus, misumderstanding. Then, he would either manage to seem fit through the careers eyes and somehow be recruited by them, or, just randomly be able to talk his way into teaming up with somebody (If I can't manage to get any interactions, I'll just let Com team up with Mykeisha). Then, despite looking totally incompetent at first, there will be times where Com really shines, through creativity or intelligence likely. (I remember somebody saying District 3 might have the best medical knowledge, so maybe Com knows some, but Com as a medic? I could see that becoming a disaster). Then, as I said, Com is, an unlikely character.

Maybe after a moment where Com really shines, but his use might have begun to run out, out of either fear or anger, Com will, once again, make a huge misunderstanding, thinking that his team was going to dispose of him. (He does take a lot of offense to being called a moron, so maybe part of his misunderstanding is they thought Com was too stupid to see it comming, though that may not have been true at first). Then, this is where Com makes a twist. He will actually turn on his own team, I'm guessing with some kind of advantage he had that nobody expected him to use, and, if he was part of the careers, and they make base at the middle, Com may use his traps (like landmines) to cause the careers to pretty much flee, possibly injuring or killing one or two of them. Basically, somehow, Com will use an advantage to even make people like Precious to have to use teamwork to kill him. Now, Com will have a lot of the supplies. Though, it's hard thinking exactly how he would become a lot stronger, maybe through psychotic nature like you suggested coolkat, combined with traps. But then, at some point, Com is killed, leaving the career stockpile open for grabs. Though, Com will die a sad and regretful death, his dreams becoming impossibilities, and his name forgotten. Even I'd cry thinking of it.

Lloyd999
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Haas33 on Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:31 pm

Wow. I don't know how to coordinate all these ideas together.....yes, John will die before Precious. And Precious may or may not be in the final two, but as stated her being the main "enemy," don't kill her off early on, or even midway through. In other words, don't base your own plots about the death of precious. So, when the games begin, I guess I will have to say, you build the plot. And hopefully people will go with it. And please accept the fact that you will most likely die. But, I also think that you shouldn't set up your plot for your own death! Basically, create two options (one for your demise, and one for your success), and if the plot gets dramatically changed, you won't be messed up. So, build up your relationships during training....

Oh! Another thing. This might seem a little......stupid or crazy....maybe even rude....but can people please stop the big ass posts? I mean, that is so awesome that you put in so much effort and are so literate....but I don't want to spend two hours catching up on what I had missed while I was sleeping. That doesn't mean I want you slimming it down to one liners, but 1-3 good paragraphs is a perfect amount. Or, if you REALLY have to exceed 3 paragraphs, make sure, under "add Characters" you indicate who is in the post, so I can either Ignore, skim or read it. Thank you so much! :)

Haas33
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby coolkat31 on Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:09 pm

Hey, my stuff is just a suggestion that can be completely ignored. Also the you recond point is also really true. If I know that a character that I like is going to bein the post then I'd be more interested in it. Also posts with two or three posts are a little annoying but I don't know if that's just me or not.

coolkat31
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CaesarTheSeventh on Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:06 pm

I don't want to be a bother, but I think we've gotten the most of what we can get from training. I like it and all, but I think it's served it's purpose and we should move on soon. Just suggesting.
Hail Caesar!

CaesarTheSeventh
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby coolkat31 on Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:53 pm

Maybe we could start the chariots and interviews and then the actual games! :o

coolkat31
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tayloremond on Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:38 am

Yeah I think we should start soon because people are starting to stop posting .
ISo stick that in your juice box and suck it!

Tayloremond
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Haas33 on Sat Sep 01, 2012 3:37 pm

I agree. We will start the games soon. I don't think we will do the chariot rides. MAYBE interviews....but I say we just get straight to the games.

Haas33
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CaesarTheSeventh on Sat Sep 01, 2012 7:48 pm

Perhaps a single post of what went on in the interviews from everyone and the beginning of the games. I'm not going to say much, I think everyone who's read my posts already knows Cassius apt enough to continue on. We should also do a role call to see who's still in this rp that way we know who's killable and who's not in the beginning.

CaesarTheSeventh
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Haas33 on Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:58 am

This is a list of people who I think are inactive. If I listed you and you actually are active, please tell me. People with * have never ever posted. People with - have posted once or twice, but only in the beginning, not even in training. People with $ have posted during training, but barely, to the point where I think you are inactive. The rest are just open spots.

*Fay Sombre
*West Green
-Helmet
-Evelyn
-Tommy Chen
$Bondie Donea
District 3 female
District 6 female
District 7 female
District 9 male
District 10 male
District 11 female

Haas33
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby alight on Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:17 am

I totally agree with every post that's been said in the past.
Ok so this is my direction for Crystal, it may be a shock but here it goes. So she's formed an alliance with Marth, she stays with him for a little bit, they help each other survive. But then, she either kills him, or tells him her plan. This is the shocking bit. So you know how Crystal has had this fight between her joining the Careers and being a solo worker, well she joins the Careers. But she backstabs on them, turns on them whatever it takes to kill one of them off. This could be a way Precious could die as Haas33 you dont want her to stay too long. And that would work perfectly for Crystal as she's had that rivalry with her, always wanting to kill her off.
But I think Crystal should be one of the ones to last tributes til there's a handful left before she dies, if she does die.
How do you guys think about this?

alight
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Haas33 on Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:18 pm

Hmm...this is a very good idea, I think though I was planning on having Precious manage to stay alive pretty long, MAYBE top two, but most likely not. Sort of like, the final triumph over evil, you know? John Nighting however is going to get killed somewhat early on by someone.

Haas33
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby coolkat31 on Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:24 pm

I'm not sure Marh would die at the hands Crystal. He is not as clueless as he seems. Plus he is extremely observant, so he could probably notice hours before Crystal tries to kill him. Also Marth is charismatic and empathetic and could probably convince her not to kill him. I do think that Crystal would get pretty far in the games though.

coolkat31
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby coolkat31 on Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:32 pm

I could see Precious in the top 2.

coolkat31
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lloyd999 on Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:13 pm

Well, Haas33, maybe it would be a good idea to present our ideas of what kind of plot direction we'd each plan on if our characters win and if they lose, just as you kind of said earlier. Also, alight, Com was going to do something quite similar, though, likely not to really kill anybody. Maybe in this betrayal, I don't know, maybe Com and and Crystal make some alliance of some sort?

By the way, are we all waiting for a specific person to post?

Lloyd999
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby alight on Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:43 am

Hmm...this is a very good idea, I think though I was planning on having Precious manage to stay alive pretty long, MAYBE top two, but most likely not. Sort of like, the final triumph over evil, you know? John Nighting however is going to get killed somewhat early on by someone.

Ok, maybe if Crystal hadn't put her plan into action until there are a handful left, is that ok?

I'm not sure Marth would die at the hands Crystal. He is not as clueless as he seems. Plus he is extremely observant, so he could probably notice hours before Crystal tries to kill him. Also Marth is charismatic and empathetic and could probably convince her not to kill him. I do think that Crystal would get pretty far in the games though.

Yeah, true i cant see her killing him either. Maybe she attempts it, he talks some sense into her and she leaves him. What about that?

I could see Precious in the top 2.

Yeah, same, I fell like she could be Katniss. Like she is good enough to join the Careers but doesn't, and wins. I'm not saying Crystal will win but i can see her coming a far way in the games before she dies, you know?

Well, Haas33, maybe it would be a good idea to present our ideas of what kind of plot direction we'd each plan on if our characters win and if they lose, just as you kind of said earlier.

Agreed, that way we know who exactly to kill in which manner and who to leave near last.

Also, alight, Com was going to do something quite similar, though, likely not to really kill anybody. Maybe in this betrayal, I don't know, maybe Com and and Crystal make some alliance of some sort?

Yep, sure. Maybe Crystal could attempt to kill him too, but Com tells her what he plans to do, and they form an alliance, maybe knocking off a few Careers together, yeah?

By the way, are we all waiting for a specific person to post?

I know right, there's really no where else to go for the one who have posted their interviews unless all of us post then we can hurry up and begin, this suspense is killing me!

alight
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby coolkat31 on Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:04 pm

I think we should start the games soon considering people are starting to vote

coolkat31
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby cirrus_sd on Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:42 pm

I posted this in the other OOC, but i'll elaborate further.

Pretty sure Harper will die. I feel like his mindset is all wrong, and he'll probably end up killing himself in the end, which would be sad, but his preferred way to go (of course, someone might just kill him)

Lissy, I think, will last longer. I know she's small and fragile looking, but her strength is endurance. She can endure tons of pain, and, as I wrote in my post, if this was a starvation contest, I am almost certain she'd last the longest. Obviously, there are other factors, but I think she'd make it to at least the top 5 by using the Foxface tactic of avoiding everyone, even at the expense of going hungry, because she can afford it. There's the slingshot stuff too, and she's small, so she can hide better and climb up trees higher. Hand-to-hand, she probably wouldn't last too long (like, if it were her and Cassius, and Cassius got too close, she'd probably be dead unless she had an extreme stroke of luck). But I feel like most of the tributes would overlook her (I mean, she was already overlooked here in this thread :P) so she'd be an unassuming tribute, out of sight and thus out of mind (except for maybe Cassius, because of the rock/punching bag thing).
오빤 강남 스타일~!

Mother, Father, Gentleman~!

cirrus_sd
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!