Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Proud moments as an RPer

a topic in Main Lobby, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

The general community forum — the Main Lobby is where announcements can be made, games can be played, and stories you can trade!

Proud moments as an RPer

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tetrino on Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:19 am

We all have those moments. Times when you can't help but say "Damn, that's an epic post I wrote" or "My RP is coming along so smoothly, this is great". Whether it be a post worthy of literary awards or a stunning conclusion to a stellar episode, share them here for the masses to see.

Mine took place in the dubious alleyways of the OneManga RPing forums, where oppressive moderation and a lack of enforcement for proper language skills resulted in the death of most RPs. I was involved in a Naruto RP (don't start) in which I had taken a hiatus for a moment. Wanting to make my return with a bang, I pulled out all stops and requisitioned a friend's NPC (with his permission, of course) and created this:

A lone figure figure stood in the distance, blazing eyes observing the battle between the man named Hondu Omako and the two junior shinobi. Unmoving, he watched as Omako showered the area with chakra rounds, some of them passing dangerously close to where he stood. However, he paid little heed to this, certain that he would not be harmed by them. As Omako continued to bombard his opponents, the figure knew he would have to act if the ninjas were to live. Looking towards the sky, he spread his arms wide, and muttered two words.

"Shoushi Taiyougan."

His eyes no longer burned red, but a pure blinding white. Pupils reverted from light to dark. Overhead, the sun's light slowly gave way to the moon, and the two celestial bodies aligned together to form a solar eclipse, a dark circle where the sun once shined, and a mighty halo of light flaring outwards. Everyone within the vicinity, including Omako, stopped to marvel at the phenomenon. At that precise moment, the figure stepped forward, revealing himself to Omako and anyone observing them. Just as the Ash shinobi was about to react, the figure muttered yet another word.

"Burn."

And without warning, Omako's entire body burst into dark blue flames. The man shrieked in agony, writhing about and firing chakra rounds in every direction as he struggled to futilely extinguish the inferno scorching his flesh. In response, the figure merely waved his hand, and the chakra rounds caught fire and died out before they could cause any damage. Soon, Omako fell to the ground, his charred body testament to his killer's power. He turned towards the boy hiding in the bushes.

"Chow, why the hell are you naked? Put some clothes on, you're embarrassing the girls," chided Kieru, a smile on his face.

Earlier, in the hospital...

Floating... drifting across the sky... Kieru looked around himself. All around him, thick clouds obscured his view... was he dead? Is this Heaven? No, he couldn't be in Heaven... but then where? The clouds suddenly parted, and he found himself high in the air, countries and oceans visible in the distance below him. On both of his sides, two unspeakably beautiful women stood, one clad in deep red wargear, ornate flaming patterns the motif for her clothing. The other was dressed in an immeasurably pristine blue kimono, her long dark hair tied within a moon headdress. Kieru instantly recognized the pair as Amaterasu and Tsukuyomi, the goddesses of the sun and the moon.

"Inheritor of the Taiyougan," Amaterasu addressed Kieru, "You have been gifted with the eyes of the sun. They fill you with passion, bravery, rage, and have allowed you to excel as a shinobi. And, when you were robbed of your sight, the energetic sun had faded away, and the tranquil moon risen in its place."

"Inheritor of the Taiyougan," Tsukuyomi spoke, continuing where her sister had stopped, "Within your unconsciousness, induced by the injuries you had suffered, your hateful personality, fueled by the sun within you, had been erased by the rising of the moon. Your being felt peace once more, and you reverted to who you once were, the child who smiled freely and with genuine happiness before that fateful day when both your parents were killed."

"However," this time, the two deities declared in unison, "When the shinobi Kajin Sinix tended to your wounds, he successfully healed your right eye, partially returning your vision and consequently, rekindling the flames of the sun within you. This meant that you are now imbued with both the forces of the sun and the moon. Your kekkei genkai has evolved in such a way that none sharing your bloodline could ever have imagined possible. Inheritor of the Taiyougan, you carry with you now, the might of the eclipse; the Shoushi Taiyougan!

Kieru bolted straight into a sitting position, cold sweat pouring down his panting face. He suddenly knew three things: he could see out his right eye, he only felt a fraction of the destructive malice he once carried, and Chow Vang was in trouble. After hastily buying some clothes, Kieru dashed off towards the Ash Village, fervently hoping he wasn't too late.

A post which I feel is my best to date. Unfortunately, the RP in question died two pages later, due to a new mod-sanctioned Naruto RP being formed (which I didn't care to join, and eventually died anyway). The post can be found in the middle of this page. In here you will also find someone who I feel is the worst RPer to ever find his way onto the Internet.
<Donny> Wow, who's this new Azrican fag?
<Alucroas> He's the man who typo'd African

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Tetrino
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: Proud moments as an RPer

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BlazingBunny on Thu Aug 14, 2008 8:53 am

Wow....it's so funny to see that post in the middle of the others. I can't argue with the awesomeness of blazing eyes...When I write posts like that I read them over and over, editing it to make it more awesome or just to take the time to be proud of my work.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

BlazingBunny
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Psy on Fri Aug 15, 2008 4:52 am

I almost choked when I came across that epic post in the middle of half-paragraph ones.

It was pure hilarium.

And yes. That is a word. I think.
In order to succeed at life, you must play games.

Psy
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kaytayy Emm on Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:40 pm

I was so glad that when I was roleplaying on Neopets, that I used such advanced words that I actually got suspended for three days.

Stupid Viacom.

Kaytayy Emm
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby papolatte on Tue Aug 19, 2008 2:44 am

I can say, I've never really done forum rping, so I can't say theres anything I'm proud of there, but when I played DnD years ago, in a campaign, I had a character who died, and including the way he died, and how hardcore we all were into rping at the time, I knew I did a great job with him, because everyone at the table started crying the next game when we showed up and announced he was dead. I knew he was, and the DM knew, but we wanted to let everyone else find out in game so they could rp it properly. I never expected them to start crying, ooc.

It was sad, and I loved that character most, but I wouldn't change what happened to him for the world. Mainly cause it was meaningful, the way he died, and how it affected others. Sadly, after that game, everyone quit that game, and then after a short following game, DnD was ended.

:B
--------------------------------------------------------
"I used to think the worst thing in life was to end up all alone. It's not. The worst thing in life is ending up with people who make you feel all alone."

-Lance Clayton

papolatte
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Elessar on Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:57 pm

This one is from one of my in-real life game. I GMing a d6 roleplay, with rules modified from West End's Star Wars RPG to work with StarCraft (hey, I'm weird :P). I was playing this with a group in my high school over the course of a school year (1-2x a week), and, in April, when the school year was drawing to a close, we were, of course, beginning the final battle. My proudest moment, and I think probably my greatest achievement as a GM:

I had an NPC who had been the players' commanding officer the whole game, who I killed off, giving his life heroically to slow down a Zerg horde bearing down on the party. In doing so, I invoked, OOC, a passion for vengeance in the players, to avenge this NPC - that was how much I'd made them care about him.

Elessar
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Asimov on Sun Aug 24, 2008 5:32 pm

I was fighting a character playing a dark Jedi type character. Not a straight-up Sith, and he kept calling his character a "Jedith" and it was really stupid. He also was determined to misinterpret not only every aspect of my character but every aspect of my character's organization. In punishment for his horrible, horrible crimes I was allowed to hurt him badly.

So I cut off his legs, set him on fire and threw him into a hole. Then of course I stood over his character and said "I have the high ground now."

We deal in lead.

Asimov
Member for 18 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TwilightShade on Sun Aug 24, 2008 6:31 pm

Fought against an arrogant newbie on a different forum a long time ago, and beat him down so badly his character had several stab wounds, dark energy blasts to the face, etc.

...and he didn't touch me once.

It was the best and only perfect match I have ever fought. =D

He had a hedgehog character, inspired from sonic, of course, and had swords and fire manipulation. How original. >.>

TwilightShade
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Athias on Sun Aug 24, 2008 6:40 pm

I once beat a guy in one post. He was using a mecha-suit and I was using an eletricity-user, I short-circuted his suit!

But I'm really waiting for a true master sweep, not a game where I slaughter a newbie while using a character with the advantage ability-wise (He was a nice guy to). No, I'm waiting for a game where I'm of close skill level to my opponent/am facing someone cocky, and win in one great master stroke.

I really have to work on my writing though, at the moment, it's downright atrocious! I refuse to finally settle for anything but novel quality writing. (And none of that kid's book/ boring Eragon garbage, I'm talking about Hyperion level writing.)
"Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe." - Neil Gaiman

Athias
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Brad on Mon Aug 25, 2008 6:57 pm

I've epically owned several giant-sword-long-hair-tormented-soul-animu people so many times. A favorite tactic is to point out how much the swords weigh, and ust have my char dodge around a bit while he tires himself out. Or chop off his hourty-foot long ponytail.
Dance forever with the devil on a cold cell block
But that's what happens when you rape, murder and sell rock
Devils used to be gods, angels that fell from the top
There's no diversity because we're burning in the melting pot

Brad
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LawOfTheLand on Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:13 pm

Haha, nice. At least I finally know what Tsukuyomi means...I've seen it in Naruto in the context of when Sasuke gets put into some sort of nightmare by his brother ("you put your own brother under a Tsukuyomi?" or something like that) and also in the context of the Yu-Gi-Oh card game. (It's been banned from some tournaments for quite a while, if I remember correctly.)

My epic moment might have been when I was running a pre-written campaign and my dwarf fighter managed to do 87 points of damage to the "boss" monster with a single hit. Dwarven waraxe + icy burst + critical hit vs. a red dragon vulnerable to cold for the fucking WIN. :D

The math went something like this: Assume a Strength of 20 and that the waraxe has a +2 enhancement. Thus, a normal hit does 1d10+9 after taking into account Weapon Specialization, plus 1d6 * 1.5 cold damage.

Critical hit, though, and this happens:
Normal damage: 3d10+27
Cold damage: (2d10+1d6) * 1.5

But wouldn't you know it, he made the save to avoid death from massive damage. Still, if you decide to give a weapon with a high critical multiplier an effect like flaming or shock, do save up enough for the burst version of that ability: even if the monster is immune to critical hits, the extra energy damage still goes off should you happen to confirm.

LawOfTheLand
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years
Beta Tester Promethean Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Builder Donated! Party Starter Contributor Person of Interest Bug Hunter Streamwatcher Maiden Voyager Recruiter Greeter Visual Appeal Tipworthy Property Buyer Salesman Concierge Arc Warden Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Syren Song on Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:39 pm

I'm not sure exactly which post of mine is my favorite, but I do know my favorite role play at the moment, which is a vampire and lycan one I started on a different message board, entitled "And By Night, They Walked." Here is my second post within that role play. (I usually hate introduction posts, as they have to always describe the characters, their looks, who they are, etc.)

Syren Song wrote:Her long strides were confident, a reflection of her straight posture and high chin. The young woman was filled with more self esteem than any others her age (or rather, what appeared to be her age), so much so, that it almost seemed unnatural, giving her the appearance as if something was just off about her, something unusual. None the less, the girl turned heads from boys and men of all ages as she strolled down the sidewalk that evening. It filled her with exuberance when the occasional car would honk its horn at her or a stranger passing by would whistle or make some remark. She loved the attention. She had lived longer than a lifetime, but one thing this young woman had never grown tired of, was the way people - both men and women - observed her with anxious, flirtatious, and jealous eyes, unable to resist the slight chance that she would perhaps meet their gaze in return.

This was the way that Syrena thought and the way that she perceived herself. It was not that far off from the truth, but gave her the overwhelming sense of arrogance and a vain appeal. She had not a care in the world, for she was over 300 years old and feared not even death.

Rounding a corner and entering a small alleyway, the girl, whose wicked brown eyes flashed slyly, leapt up into the air with ease and poise, landing with more grace than even a cat could muster, atop an anonymous building. She broke into a run, gliding from rooftop to rooftop, her elevation increasing with each building, as she darted and flew, eventually reaching the higher of the buildings, whose roofs dared to pierce the very sky itself. The lower clouds of the night had kissed the rooftops that Syrena shot through, dampening her crimson camisole and dark wash skinny jeans.

Suddenly, just as quickly as she had accelerated, she stopped, pausing. She focused her ears, which far surpassed any human's, honing in on the area where the near-silent gunshots had been fired. She gazed out across the city, but the sound had not been born there. Rather, its location she pinpointed to one of the nearby buildings, somewhere from the rooftops not far.

Curious, she thought to herself, and continued on in search of a bit of excitement, unsure of all that this night had yet to reveal to her.

~

The ride to the surface was surprisingly short, or at least, it would have been surprising, had he not have familiarized himself with the passage countless times prior. The steel, oval elevators were all but silent and smooth, operating on a completely different scale than those on the surface. Feeling privileged, Velganos thought himself one of the few lycans to appreciate all that had been given to them, provided by their great government. True, he thought, they did only spend millions of the tax payer's dollars on all this to simply get them out of the public's hair, but in the process, they had granted his kind (along with the vampires, whom he chose not to reflect on regularly) a peaceful, safe place that was extraordinarily contemporary and appealing.

Once the elevator's doors opened, an equally modern room with glass, steel, and marble was revealed to him. It was the headquarters of Primal United, a facility owned and operated by the very teams of government, or the subdivisions to be precise, that had pulled for their subsurface cities in the first place. Primal was, to the public, a government corporation which focused on trade - a Trade and Development Agency which "advances economic development and U.S. commercial interests in developing and middle income countries. The agency funds various forms of technical assistance, early investment analysis, training, orientation visits and business workshops that support the development of a modern infrastructure and a fair and open trading environment." However, behind the public's eyes, their true nature was human-interspecies relations. Primal United, simply put, was a association that united both vampires and lycans and who were the highest agency in charge of dealing with all legal matters concerning the two.

Velganos stepped out to be greeted with the recognizable scene of numerous business men and women about, completely wrapped up in their own personal agendas. The building itself mirrored the one below, in that the place stretched upward forever, a glorious skyscraper whose various levels housed unknown mysterious to Vel. Though the atmosphere wasn't all that dissimilar from that below, he still, to this day, couldn't shake the uneasy feeling that was ever persistent in his brain.

Walking wasn't a favorite pastime of his. Unlike some of his kind, whom had walked since their own day, back long before vehicles were ever invented, he had embraced all that technology had to offer. Of course, that isn't to say that he actually bought his own car. After regrettably feeding on a man who, more than likely, had no family to return home to (for he was dressed in the finest suit, drove the finest car, and was on his way home past midnight - clearly, he, at least in Vel's opinion, was not supporting a family), Velganos had made the best of the situation by allowing himself to take the now devoured man's car - a bright red 2005 Lamborghini.

The engine growled and hummed with the turn of the key. It was hard not to smile, at least slightly, with the purring of his prized vehicle. Stepping on the gas, Vel squealed out of the parking lot behind the looming building and flew out, disappearing down the street. Looking up, the moon was almost nearly fully visible now as the sun was setting in the west. The change would come before he had arrived. Thankfully, his windows were nearly black, tinted darker than the legal limit for the state of Arizona.

It happened at a stop light. The beast within him erupted, overtaking his physical form. Howling in agony, all Vel could do was clutch the wheel, his white knuckles sprouting fur within moments. Hastily, he removed his clothing, not wanting it to tear and rip to shreds as it often had in the past. Throwing it on the passengers seat, he sat there for but a moment, naked. All of the sudden, the realization occurred to him - he would be too big to fit in his seat. Thinking quickly, a hand flew down to the seat adjustments and he pushed it as far back as it would allow, leaving room for his enormous wolf body. By the time the light turned green and traffic began moving again, he was completely transformed.

The den was on the outskirts of town. The forest was a nature preserve, untouched in its majority by the public. It was the perfect place. He screeched his tires as he swung into a place to park his car, sliding somewhat as he did so - a signature 'hello' of his, which allowed those already present within the den to become aware of his presence.

Kicking the door open, which flew upward in its famous signature fashion, the large, white wolf fell out, causing the sports car to bounce up from the weight that it had been relieved of. Shaking his head, Velganos peered up, staring at the entrance only he and his pack knew of. To the average eye, it appeared to be nothing more than an old bunker, perhaps for a war, that had been closed and boarded up for many years. He of course knew better.

Letting an excited bark escape his jaws, Vel stammered towards the entrance and forced his way in, shoving the thick door closed behind him and emerging into the near pitch black entrance hallway, the sudden cool temperature change from the underground causing his fur to stand up. He paid little attention to the large conference-type rooms off to his sides and instead continued on straight, headed for one large meeting area he knew the rest of the pack would be. Would they all be transformed by now to?

The great white wolf stood on his hind legs before entering the room, which in turn caused him to walk with an almost petrifying lumber. He was here. He was home.
♥Willow Waters♥
    7th year Ravenclaw, Half-Blood

Syren Song
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mercinus3 on Tue May 10, 2011 4:59 am

I suppose that my proudest moment in my entire RPing career was the idea of me revamping one of my RPs so I could attempt at getting the forum record for the longest RP that was on DCF (which I no longer frequent after a certain dispute that would allow one-liner RPs to bypass the approval system that me and a few others had negotiated to enforce on the forum to try and improve everyone's writing). While I left before I had done anything about the RP, plus the few months of being busy IRL, it wasn't until the summer of last year that I had decided to finish it up. While it is still a work in progress, as there are still a few ideas that I have in mind that I wanted to elaborate on, I had managed to get the RP to a length that I was pleased with. About 9 - 10 months later, listening to Animal by Def Leppard and 22,000+ words later, the revamped RP was back on its own two feet and was posted again onto forums. Certainly brightened my mood that day :)

~M3~

Mercinus3
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Friendly Beginnings

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!